1ppv3: Paperdolls

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

SergIS, run DLTCEP. Then choose path for your game and game type (bg or iwd).
Then Settings -> uncheck Read Only. Then EDIT -> Animatin (BAM). Then Loda BAM and choose BAM which which you want to edit. Use X and Y coordinates (position)

Dakk - it's just Iceiwnd Dale, not BG.

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#62 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:23 AM

I suggest that IWD1(+HOW) players shouldn't use 1pp Avatars/paperdolls/thieves galore/female dwarves in Icewind Dale 1 or Icewind Dale 1 with How.
I will try to explain: they're awesome, especially the avatars (I'm lovin' it) but the paperdolls mostly have incorrect coordinates. That includes male elves, male dwarves, female dwarves and some others. I think that the problem is in IWD1 having a different (another) coordinate system than BG2.
Anyway, all 1pp works great in BG/BG2/BGT and IWD II (IWD II does not use Paperdolls).

I would also like to ask Erephine.
Is it possible to make a special version for IWD + HOW or just
May be is it passible to install only avatars content without changing paperdolls?

Thanks for your work Erephine!

Edited by prowler, 05 May 2010 - 11:44 AM.

Murloc-translator

#63 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:22 PM

If it's just a question of the paperdolls or other BAMs being off by a few pixels, it is pretty easy to patch those, once you know what the correct coordinates should be.

But if it's a question of BAMs being too small or large for weapon overlays or something, than that's different, they'd have to be completely redone or resized anyway (possible with BAM Resizer though). You can skip the paperdolls of course, just delete them from the mod folders before installing the mod (might have to change some references in the .tp2 also, not sure).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#64 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

I suggest that IWD1(+HOW) players shouldn't use 1pp Avatars/paperdolls/thieves galore/female dwarves in Icewind Dale 1 or Icewind Dale 1 with How.
I will try to explain: they're awesome, especially the avatars (I'm lovin' it) but the paperdolls mostly have incorrect coordinates. That includes male elves, male dwarves, female dwarves and some others. I think that the problem is in IWD1 having a different (another) coordinate system than BG2.
Anyway, all 1pp works great in BG/BG2/BGT and IWD II (IWD II does not use Paperdolls).

No, it's just a matter of them being positioned slightly differently in the two games.

It should look fine if you either skip installing the paperdolls, or if you also copy the BGII/1pp weapon inventory icons to your IWD override (which was the intended behaviour eventually). The problem being that you can't really install 1ppv2 on IWD and as such are missing those.

You could try and see if the attached files (grabbed from the v2 installer) fix your problem.

Attached Files

崇高滑稽
·

#65 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:36 PM

Thanks. But weapons in arms are still displaced.

p.s. What is it *.PLT files?

Update:
Well, for those who can problems with IWD + HOW. Here my pack. You can unpack this files into Override folder after install 1pp 'Avatars'/'Paperdolls'/'Thieves Galore'/'Female Dwarves'. You will have all 1pp avatars and corrected 1pp paperdolls for elves (except Halflings and Dwarfs/Gnomes - I can't fix it so I suggest use original BAMs). Also you do not need fix for 'Human paperdolls' 'cause 1pp patches them well!:

- Corrected 1pp Elf paperdolls for IWD + HOW
- Gnome/Dwarf paperdolls for IWD + HOW (original)
- Halflings paperdolls for IWD + HOW (original)
- No humans paperdolls need

This files only for IWD + HOW! Do not use them with BG!

Good luck :)

Attached Files

Edited by prowler, 06 May 2010 - 12:22 PM.

Murloc-translator

#66 SergIS

SergIS
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:34 PM

I've edited *shifted* paperdolls for Infinity Animations-Restored BG1 characters animations (except thiefs ones, cos restored BG1 thiefs animations didn't work at the moment).
If someone needs them, here they are:

EDIT
I've updated file cos first time it was without Halfling Paperdolls... :doh:

EDIT#2
Today the new version of Infinity Animations is out so now Restored BG1 Thiefs Animations works as they should and I was able to edit their *shifted* paperdolls as well.
File updated.

Attached Files

Edited by SergIS, 13 May 2010 - 02:04 AM.

#67 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:33 PM

I've edited *shifted* paperdolls for Infinity Animations-Restored BG1 characters animations (except thiefs ones, cos restored BG1 thiefs animations didn't work at the moment).
If someone needs them, here they are:

EDIT
I've updated file cos first time it was without Halfling Paperdolls... :doh:

Ok, cheers. I updated the base content archive with them.

I suppose someone should move these last couple of posts to the Infinity Animations forum because it doesn't really concern 1PP (maybe merge it with this thread).

p.s. What is it *.PLT files?

Both .bam and .plt files can be used for paperdolls. Most people use BAMs because they're easier.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#68 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:01 PM

Both .bam and .plt files can be used for paperdolls. Most people use BAMs because they're easier.

Not easier, but different.

More suitable for character paperdolls, anyway.

崇高滑稽
·

#69 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:01 PM

I noticed that even in SergIS's edits, whilst the weapons and shields appear correctly placed (though the hands actually protude through them, rather annoyingly, especially for the shields) the helms are misplaced by several pixels, making it look like the character must be suffering from a rather severe head injury :ph34r:. Obviously, this isn't fixable just by shifting the paperdolls, since whereever they're shifted either the weapons/shields or the helms would be off. And I doubt we can fix it by shifting the helm animations, unless they're specific to BG1, since then the BG2 paperdolls would be off. Is it fixable at all?

#70 SergIS

SergIS
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:27 AM

I noticed that even in SergIS's edits, whilst the weapons and shields appear correctly placed (though the hands actually protude through them, rather annoyingly, especially for the shields) the helms are misplaced by several pixels, making it look like the character must be suffering from a rather severe head injury :ph34r:. Obviously, this isn't fixable just by shifting the paperdolls, since whereever they're shifted either the weapons/shields or the helms would be off. And I doubt we can fix it by shifting the helm animations, unless they're specific to BG1, since then the BG2 paperdolls would be off. Is it fixable at all?

Can you post some screens with such issues? Because for me they looks just fine...

Attached Images

• Безимени-2.jpg
  • Безимени-3.jpg
  • Безимени-4.jpg
  • Безимени-5.jpg
  • Безимени-6.jpg
  • Безимени-7.jpg

#71 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:34 PM

Seems it only affects elves, like they're using the human helm offsets or something. Though not your elves, hmm. See if you can reproduce it with a minimally-modded game and the standard BG2 GUI (you have the BG1 GUI or something).
cemf.gif cemc.gif cefm.gif chmf.gif
(Elven male fighter, cleric, female mage and human male fighter on the right for comparison.)

I did fix the thief paperdolls - will update the archive in a bit. Ironically, they're the only ones who won't have this issue, because they can't wear helms (usually).

#72 SergIS

SergIS
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:17 AM

Well, I've tried that on absolutely clear BG2 ToB install with only latest Infinity Animations base content from 09 May 2010.
Here are my screens:

I think that the cause of this issue is while paperdolls are from BG1, helmets and shields are from BG2 (they use different BAM files). So if someone want to use such combination (definitely NOT me :) ) he/she sould edit corresponded BAMs. I don't think this worth it - why restore BG1 animations and paperdolls and use BG2 helmets/shields (pretty ugly, IMHO)? :huh:

Attached Images

• Безимени-10.jpg

Edited by SergIS, 12 May 2010 - 01:24 AM.

#73 SergIS

SergIS
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:19 AM

Sorry - double post

Edited by SergIS, 12 May 2010 - 01:22 AM.

#74 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:10 PM

Solution: Do not use BAM paperdolls with PLT object overlays.

I think it's mentioned prominently in the readme(s).

Edited by Erephine, 14 May 2010 - 09:11 PM.

崇高滑稽
·

#75 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:55 PM

Solution: Do not use BAM paperdolls with PLT object overlays.

I think it's mentioned prominently in the readme(s).

I don't see it in either of the IA readmes or in the 1PP v3 paperdoll readme (which is just a few lines) or the 1PP v2.1 readme. But anyway, this is just for the IA BG1 paperdolls and no other mods (which is why I suggested the last few posts should be moved to the IA forum). So what is the actual solution? Does a person who wants to use the BG1 IA paperdolls also have to install some component of 1PP, do we need to do something else on the IA side (like provide proper object overlays) or what?

#76 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:09 AM

So what is the actual solution? Does a person who wants to use the BG1 IA paperdolls also have to install some component of 1PP, do we need to do something else on the IA side (like provide proper object overlays) or what?

Either that, or they'd have to duplicate the relevant BGII .plt paperdoll images.

Since the BG1 animations have slightly different sizing categories, you'd probably have to copy the elven paperdolls for female humans of any class except fighters.

崇高滑稽
·