Photo

SF, NK

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Poll: Race/class for romanceable female (66 member(s) have cast votes)

Racial preference

1. Human (32 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

2. Elf (20 votes [19.23%])

Percentage of vote: 19.23%

3. Half-Elf (22 votes [21.15%])

Percentage of vote: 21.15%

4. Dwarf (6 votes [5.77%])

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

5. Gnome (5 votes [4.81%])

Percentage of vote: 4.81%

6. Halfling (15 votes [14.42%])

Percentage of vote: 14.42%

7. Half-Orc (4 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

Class

1. Fighter (25 votes [17.86%])

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

2. Ranger (20 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Paladin (7 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

4. Cleric (24 votes [17.14%])

Percentage of vote: 17.14%

5. Druid (Neutral Good) (9 votes [6.43%])

Percentage of vote: 6.43%

6. Mage (pure-class) (17 votes [12.14%])

Percentage of vote: 12.14%

7. Sorcerer (15 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

8. Bard (not a strong suit for me) (16 votes [11.43%])

Percentage of vote: 11.43%

9. Monk (not a strong suit for me) (7 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

Single-class or Multi/Dual, as racially appropriate

1. Single class (45 votes [68.18%])

Percentage of vote: 68.18%

2. Multi/Dual (21 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:34 AM

I'd play anything written by you, Berelinde... ;) You know that. But, if I had a choice? Preferably a human, who was difficult to catch, and who took intelligence and wit to snare - and required *thought*. I love a good challenge!

#22 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:23 AM

Odd. I see ranger has eight votes, but I don't remember hearing anyone say they wanted rangers.

I've no pref for Multi/Dual or Single, but I voted for the former since it was less.

I'd not want a Fighter/Druid. But a Cleric/Thief is something I've not yet seen, and I would find it most intriguing. Even a Half-Orc Thief/Cleric could be fun. Though the fact that one of their buttons is pushed to the Special Abilities section is annoying.

I'd also prefer not a Fighter Cleric(Probably not even for Dwarf. Every Dwarf so far is a male fighter, we don't need a female fighter to add to it). Cleric Mage, well mayhaps for a Gnome.

Obviously a bard cannot Dual/Multi-Class.

PS. Yes I only specified on stuff that I wanted. (Cleric, Druid, Bard.) (Dwarf, Gnome, Halfling, Half-Orc)

Just some of my thoughts.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#23 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:35 AM

I set up the poll so that people could choose more than one option for the first 2 questions. So, people may have found that they really wanted something else, but ranger was still an acceptable choice, so they checked it.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#24 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:03 AM

Human, Fighter, Singleclass (kit though, none of the normal single classes.)

#25 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:59 AM

Hmmm. Interesting. Did you have a particular kit in mind? B)

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#26 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:57 PM

I've got this great photograph that's just screaming to be baldurized

Half-orc, I say! Half-orc!

halforc.jpg

:whistling:

#27 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:48 PM

I, too, picked human, although a fighter/mage of any shape or form is quite sexy to me :) .
(I like parentheses.)

#28 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:01 PM

@Vilkacis, I don't know whether to be delighted or apalled! :lol:

Sexy is definitely good. If that's all there is, there's no sense even bothering to play it, but without it, well, let's just say the game doesn't need a prude.

berelinde's mods

#29 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:08 PM

I think I agree with the sentiment that less is more. (No, I am not talking about either picture, thank you very much! :) )

I think the coolest equal partner romances to get inspiration from might be the "classic" human ones, like When Harry Met Sally, or many of the older black & white movies - Casa Blanca, anyone? I would really enjoy an equal-partner-without-need-of-therapy-romance (I asked my wife if she wanted to be a computer mod, and she looked at me funny, so I am not going there any time soon!!!). Of course, berelinde, your, Domi's, and Kulyok's writing has tempted me enough to try the female protagonist role occasionally (though I find it tough to finish, and end up reading .D and .TRA files to put together the plotlines) - that's how I know it is possible to have the same level of romance, heartbreak, uplift, and actual discussion in a mod as you do in a good novel, with the added bonus of being able to interactively squish Dragons and Giant Spiders of Doom together. Contrasting that with the existing Bioware ones is rather unfair to Bioware (I am not the 15 year old male demographic), but we kinda have to, now; things have evolved!

I can't speak for the other romances beyond Bioware as I have only read about them and not tried to fully complete one. I *can* say that in my opinion there is a grand sight more dialogue and involvement with mature romance available to female protagonists than to male protagonists. I am hopeful for Taisha, and am starting that one now; then Amber (though I am still not sure - she is a Player2 only romance, right? I studied the code, but specifically for ideas and format, not really - perhaps play a Multiplayer game and pretend to be second-person).

#30 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:30 PM

Oh, my, cmorgan, we need to talk about Amber!

Amber is not *only* a Player2 romance, but she can be enjoyed that way. She'll romance your bhaalspawn pc just as happily as his buddy, player2. In fact, that isn't a bad way to really soak up the romance, if that's what you're into. You start a multiplayer game with 2 characters, then copy it from your multi-player saved game file into your single-player saved game file (you'll need to have already saved a game first to have the file available), then you carry on. I'd recommend doing that instead of playing in multiplayer mode, because ctrl-I doesn't work in multiplayer mode, and that's a useful tool to get all the banters. I was quite happily romancing Xan with my ranger pc and romancing Amber with a sorcerer Player 2. It was a lot of fun. Too bad she's SoA only.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

berelinde's mods

#31 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:45 AM

@Vilkacis, I don't know whether to be delighted or apalled! :lol:

Try a little of both? :D

But mostly delighted, I mean, just look at her. She's sooo cute. And green. How could anyone resist that? :woot:

#32 Magnus_025

Magnus_025
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:47 AM

I love the idea of another new mod, even if it takes a long time to see done. I vote for human cleric (dualed to fighter or thief), but I really doesn't care her class (in race I really need a human) while she has SoA and ToB content.
I'm not a modder, I don't know if I will be one day but I love to play this game again and again, I love romances and appart from Jaheira, Aerie or Viconia I can't play another Npc romance because of the ToB issue. What's the point of making a completely modded installation in order to play your npc romance (Fade, Amber are my favourite ones for now) and then be unable to continue? What do you do: keep lots of backups of previous saved games (with the WeiDu.log to know what mods you installed) and wait for mods to be done? I just can't. I respect modders at maximum, I just started writting a few lovetalks for Valasse and then realized that I should not continue without finishing my studies first, so I understand why the ToB part of most romance mods doesn't get finished.
But then we have male npc romances: Xan, Tsujatha, Edwin, Kelsey, Kivan... The first problem about romances was that female pcs didn't have any option appart from Anomen and now they have a wide spectrum to choose from. I'm most tempted to play as a female pc but I just end not being able to continue and as someone else said I read the .D files.
Sorry to be a little offtopic but I just had to pull it out.
I will also love to see Branwen in SoA and ToB. I loved Branwen romance in Npc project, and the idea of having her again is just whoaah!!! But if it can't be Branwen, or a Npc similar to her, I would also love to have a dwarven thief/cleric npc to have my romance with my human pc (even if it could be a little weird) if she is like Dorna from Never Winter Tales of Undrentida, I loved that girl. She is very well writteng and made me love dwarves.
To finish I just want to say that even if there are some weird romance options, or instead of saying weird I'd prefer to say unconventional, they are all the products of their modders illusion, hard work and time so they must be respected.
Nothing more for now, sorry for the long post.

Edited by Magnus_025, 25 April 2007 - 12:49 AM.

Sincero, muy sincero...Directo, muy directo

#33 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:56 AM

I voted human fighter too. I think it would be cool to give her something similar to the duelist kit from Sword & Fist. It's sort of like a swashbuckler, only a fighter instead of a thief. Although I can't speak to the vast mire of BG2 NPCs, in BG1 at least there seems to be a lack of female NPCs who can kick butt in the front ranks, unless you wanted someone like Shar-Teel. Jaheira doesn't count either :D.

As for race, human is kind of bog standard. But why settle for standard PC races even? People've made ghaunadan (slime) NPCs and who knows what else. I'm not talking about half-dragons etc., but I've thought something humanoid like a nymph or dryad would make a pretty cool NPC. Kind of like the druid spell, only she sticks around and talks :D. Plus I'm kind of partial to nymphs. Though it'd be kind of weird to have a duelist nymph. She'd probably have to be part druid at least, and we've already got a fighter/druid, but she could also be a ranger, cleric/ranger, druid/mage... even a fighter/mage/druid with a kit on one of those classes if you want to be really weird.

She'd have to wear more clothing for her to be sensibly dungeon-ready, though.

Nah. She's got uh... invisible barkskin armour. Yeah.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#34 Usually Lurking

Usually Lurking
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:37 AM

I voted for Human or Halfling and for class a Paladin, Cleric or Fighter. I?d prefer a Human Paladin or a single class Cleric of either race, but a Human Fighter would work too if she had a cool, yet reasonable, kit. Yes I know the Cleric romance thing was kind of overdone by Bioware but a quality mod Cleric romance might going a long way to overcoming that stigma.

As already mentioned I would like to see a well adjusted, cute, funny, intelligent somewhat shy/reserved character that takes some effort (not work) to successfully romance and get to open up. Add in a little spice and flirtations as the romance progresses, coupled with actual conversation/interaction after reaching the ?committed? stage for continued immersion. Vulnerabilities are good but so are strengths, as long as the character makes me feel like she?s my partner instead of a needy/psycho nut-job or worse.

To sum it all up I would want the ?romance? to feel like a journey with a character I?m attached to, not a quest; something that stirs my emotions like when I saw my wife coming towards me down the aisle on our wedding day.
Beware the fury of a patient man. - John Dryden

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell

#35 -Domi_Ash-

-Domi_Ash-

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:18 PM

Although I can't speak to the vast mire of BG2 NPCs, in BG1 at least there seems to be a lack of female NPCs who can kick butt in the front ranks, unless you wanted someone like Shar-Teel.

I'm still mourning that Clifette din't finish her version of ST for BG2. It's an incredibly cool NPC, and vanilla BG2 does not have a combat-oriented female NPC....

#36 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:27 PM

To sum it all up I would want the ?romance? to feel like a journey with a character I?m attached to, not a quest; something that stirs my emotions like when I saw my wife coming towards me down the aisle on our wedding day.

Right. So, no pressure, then... :rolleyes:

I'll do what I can not to let anyone down.

Dunno about cleric. I'm writing one now, a male cleric of Lathander. It's currently available for Tutu, and I hope to have a BGT release soon through the beauty of a cross-platform installer that makes separate downloads for BGT and Tutu unnecessary. I've already started dribs and drabs of the BG2 portion, but I hope to really throw myself into it as soon as the Tutu/BGT version is out. After all that, I'm thinking that I might like something a little different.

So, some flavor of fighter or ranger is definitely a strong candidate.

But I'm not ruling anything out yet. Well, maybe Branwen. Yes, she deserves to be written, but I don't know if she's the NPC I want to write. The idea of combining beauty, strength, seductiveness, and goodness appeals to me. Branwen's probalby got the first three, but she's TN, and I want to write for a good character.

berelinde's mods

#37 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:28 PM

Although I can't speak to the vast mire of BG2 NPCs, in BG1 at least there seems to be a lack of female NPCs who can kick butt in the front ranks, unless you wanted someone like Shar-Teel.

I'm still mourning that Clifette din't finish her version of ST for BG2. It's an incredibly cool NPC, and vanilla BG2 does not have a combat-oriented female NPC....

*Sneeze*Mazzy*sneeze*
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#38 -Domi_Ash-

-Domi_Ash-

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:38 PM

Mazzy can be made in a tank, but she seems to be geared toward archery.

#39 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:35 PM

Elf, half elf.
Fighter, mages.
Multi-class.
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#40 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:42 PM

berelinde, I don't wish for you to take this the wrong way, but... I think you should care less about what the community's opinion is, and more about what you really want to write/create. Personally, I believe it'd be a terrible waste to spend lots and lots of time doing something because the community asks for it, when you'd be happier doing something your heart tells you. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner