Online Area Making Seminar

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:29 AM

@ Deathsangel - I believe that PST is GMT-7 hours, though I admit that I am just a little confused (I looked here)

Shall we sign up for the list with ICQ numbers or MSN names?
I suggest that everyone interested would also list their GMT time zone, just so we could see? I am GMT+1 and free for most time during weekends and most nights during working week.
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#22 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:50 AM

@ Deathsangel - I believe that PST is GMT-7 hours, though I admit that I am just a little confused

USA:
PST minus 8
MST minus 7 unless you're in Arizona where it's minus 8 (Mountain Standard Time)
CST minus 6
EST minus 5 unless you live in Indiana where it's minus 6

Europe:
GMT zero
CET plus 1
MST plus 3 (Moscow Standard Time)
AWST plus 8
ACST plus 9.5
AEST plus 10

I think that gets most of the SHS members. Try http://www.worldtimezone.com/ for others.

-Y-

#23 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:55 AM

@ Deathsangel - I believe that PST is GMT-7 hours, though I admit that I am just a little confused (I looked here)

Shall we sign up for the list with ICQ numbers or MSN names?
I suggest that everyone interested would also list their GMT time zone, just so we could see? I am GMT+1 and free for most time during weekends and most nights during working week.

Well, I must be old because I have no idea what GMT is. Must be some new fangled thing :blink:

My MSN name is: Cuvieronius@aol.com

ICQ (which I havent used in years but still have it) is 128941890

My gosh, I am old. Looking at my contact list on ICQ and see names like Wolfmoon, Ghreyfain, Elhoe, Kensai Ryu, Xyx and Quitch.

Cuv

Just for a point of reference for everyone... its a little past 10am here, and my bedtime.

Edited by Cuv, 24 May 2007 - 09:07 AM.

#24 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 11:28 PM

Okay I'm CET, thus an incredible 9 hours difference... which makes me wonder if I can join class ;)

no ICQ.

MSN = guidomvoets@freeler.nl

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#25 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 05:51 AM

Okay I'm CET, thus an incredible 9 hours difference... which makes me wonder if I can join class ;)

no ICQ.

Should be fine, like I said... I work nights, so I am up on my nights off during your hours.

#26 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 06:21 AM

no ICQ.

Should be fine, like I said... I work nights, so I am up on my nights off during your hours.

Neat, I've checked by the way.

Monday evening or sunday at night would be for me the best. That would me as I mean from.... 19:00 or so that is for you 10:00... bit bad probably for you on monday...
Also sunday in the morning is fine for me... that means for you in the evening as that can be from 08:00, so that is for you 23:00

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#27 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 07:18 AM

no ICQ.

Neat, I've checked by the way.

Monday evening or sunday at night would be for me the best. That would me as I mean from.... 19:00 or so that is for you 10:00... bit bad probably for you on monday...
Also sunday in the morning is fine for me... that means for you in the evening as that can be from 08:00, so that is for you 23:00

That will work for me... gives us a timeframe to plan for at least. Once we decide on a particular day to get it started, I can request that night off :)

How does that fit with everyone else on the time frame?

#28 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:36 PM

Time frame? As in how long I need to learn?
Or as in I have... 6 new areas?

#29 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:58 PM

I am practically the same time zone as Deathsangel, so the convenient times are similar. However, I would like to fit into the weekends if I could choose*Tas
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#30 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:16 PM

I will try to have one class on the weekends if that helps during those late hours my time.

#31 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:22 PM

The weekends would be good for me. M - F I work 3-11pm and while I have Some internet access, my boss has this idea that I ought to be Working and not d*cking around on the computer with my hobbies.

Silly boss...

I am in the USA midwest time zone, if it matters.

MiM :ph34r:
They say the world is going to Hell.

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.
LOVE SUCKS: It makes fools and slaves of us all.
But being alone and unloved is worse.
- Nancy A. Collins "Thin Walls"

#32 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:50 AM

Great idea - I'd be interested. You might try something like Freez for video capture or Yugma for web conferencing (both freeware/non-spyware I think).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#33 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:31 AM

Great idea - I'd be interested. You might try something like Freez for video capture or Yugma for web conferencing (both freeware/non-spyware I think).

Thank you VERY much Miloch, I grabbed and installed Yugma... seems to do what we need, but will need a test run with someone to see if you can actually see my desktop as I work.

#34 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:34 AM

Somebody who wants to help me test this out, PM me in the next 15 minutes and I will start a session and you can see if it works.

Cuv

Guess not :( Maybe tomorrow then. It looks like whomever tests this with me will need to download the Yugma also.
Anyways, PM me anyone interested.

Edited by Cuv, 28 May 2007 - 06:54 AM.

#35 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:02 AM

Eh, sorry... I only get delayed forum notifications (when I get them at all) :(. Anyway, I DLed Yugma and will try installing it presently. Shoot me the details if you still need someone to test it.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#36 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:34 AM

Laptop has gone bonkers this weekend, causing me to have no internet whatsoever (can viruses really destory the software that bad?). Therefore I was not online to help.

To be honest, why does MSN messenger not surfice? After all you can do cam and audio things as well over there...
As said for the weekends I can't do full sunday so to say... saturday is quite dependable... (though all is off course with the laptop gone ill :unsure:)

#37 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:48 AM

I will happily test it with you if we meet online. I have added you to my ICQ and MSN messenger. My address is Elminnster88 at hotmail.com, ICQ is 428-655-103.
Hope to see you*Tass

#38 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:17 AM

Thanks to Tass for getting online and testing out the Yugma with me. It seems to do what we want, it will show you my desktop as I work. There is a little lag time, but I can take that into account while I am explaining.

#39 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:26 AM

Thanks to Tass for getting online and testing out the Yugma with me. It seems to do what we want, it will show you my desktop as I work. There is a little lag time, but I can take that into account while I am explaining.

He, I was there too :P ;) No, your right I was what slow and arrived by chance

#40 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:48 AM

He, I was there too :P ;) No, your right I was what slow and arrived by chance

Yes, thank you very much Deathsangel. We had some fun indeed and y'all got a little intro into how to work IETME.

Tass, Death and Dirt_Squirrel seem VERY serious about this class. So that makes three for sure. We should stick to the original plan of the first class being more of an introduction to the tools needed, how to make the tileset and create your backup files... filled with questions that should take up an entire class.

Who else? I should be around this weekend at various hours, if you are interested grab the free Yugma and shoot me a PM if you see me online.

Cuv

Edited by Cuv, 31 May 2007 - 07:49 AM.