• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:16 PM

Well like I said, with as many mods as you've got, it's hard to troubleshoot issues like that. I'm pretty sure what you're describing isn't caused by either 1PP or the Moinesse mod though. Testing them without all those other mods will answer that definitively though.

Then I would suggest knocking off the newer (possibly undertested) mods - just go with the ones that've been around a while. If that's stable, you can start adding the beta-ish mods, particularly if you've got a reproduceable situation you can test for glitches after installing each mod. Might be an onerous process but if you want all those mods, it might be your best bet.

One lead you've got is that this appears to be dialogue related, and you've got a particular string or two associated with it. So you can search your mod folders for that string (will likely be in .tra or .d files) and any strings nearby, or at least look for mods that mess with the actor (e.g. Imoen).

I know that Chloe has interaction with Imoen by dialog, but I don't use the Imoen romance mod (tried it, got undesired result of a duplicate Imoen in the game, and abandoned it), or any other mod that directly impacts Imoen.

Like software, I avoid beta mods like the Plague, and it appears that most of the mods I have are at least a couple years old. I'll see about adding them one by one, testing each time. My next post will show the results of my 1PP vs. Moinesse tests.

Thanks,
Eric

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#22 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:39 PM

Hello,

Tonight I restored critical files and deleted aliases (Mac equivalent of Shortcuts) in my BGII folder, to give myself a fresh install of BGII - SoA with ToB and the latest ToB patch (2.1.2), then installed the 1PP mod, using Install-mod.sh from the Terminal. The docs for this mod name it "BG2 Artwork Fixpack, Version 2." I started a new multiplayer game with an imported character from a character file, and played up to the hallway beyond the room where a genie askes a hypothetical question. Then I rested the party. Everything looked and worked as it should, but I was surprised to see that the Amulet of Power showed as unusable by a ranger (my main character), when I'm used to seeing her able to use it. I quit the game, then restored critical files.

Then, I installed Moinesse Avatars, and repeated the testing process. I got the same results of everything looking and behaving as it should, but the amulet issue persisted. Played up to the same point, rested, quit, and again restored files.

Next, I installed first 1PP, then Moinesse, and played another test game. Install-mod.sh asked if I wanted to reinstall items at the start of each mod install, which surprised me, but I went ahead to reinstall the same items as before with each mod. All looked and acted correctly, including the long-haired female paperdolls. Same amulet issue here. Played, rested, quit, restored.

Finally, I installed first Moinesse, then 1PP, and played another test game. This time, things looked and acted as they should, but when the party finished with the goblins in the hallway after the genie with the question, the NPCs stopped moving as a group (they weren't encumbered or anything), and I could move them only by clicking one at a time, and moving each for short distances, in straight and unobstructed lines, till they were all in a group again. Played, rested, quit.

For all the beauty of the 1PP graphics, a strange issue I've noticed is that the paperdolls don't hold their weapons, but rather the weapons float right next to the character's hand. This doesn't occur without the mod, whether Moinesse is installed or not. Just a curiosity.

My conclusion is that these two mods work fine together, regardless of install order, when no other mods are installed. I suppose I should next install the BG2 Fixpack v.4, then do this all over, to see if all three mods work together as well, then continue adding one mod at a time to the mix, until I get a crash or other unwanted behavior.

That's where things stand as of tonight, and now it's about time for bed :)

Happy gaming,
Eric

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#23 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:20 PM

The floating weapons shouldn't be happening.

For 1pp I painstakingly repositioned the paperdolls and the weapons so they display properly. They did on my install.

Here, I found some of the original 1ppv2-content release screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

^ if it doesn't look like that, something is fishy.

I see three things that might be causing your problem:

- the weapon paperdoll images are not getting installed correctly.
- there are bogus files in the installer.
- BGII on a Mac could handle BAM offsets differently.

And...

Your conclusion is... I'm not going to say wrong, but it's not conclusive. You need to test with the critical Moinesse paperdolls... i.e. those that use PLT files instead of BAMs. The female long-haired paperdoll doesn't. Test the HFVampire paperdoll. Or the Ninja one. Equip large shields. If that shows up correctly, I'm surprised and you're right.

The Amulet of Power isn't changed by any of the mods... maybe something to do with the patches? Can you use it without 1pp or the Moinesse avatars installed?

Edited by Erephine, 29 October 2007 - 11:33 PM.

崇高滑稽
·

#24 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:49 AM

Tonight I restored critical files and deleted aliases (Mac equivalent of Shortcuts) in my BGII folder, to give myself a fresh install of BGII - SoA with ToB and the latest ToB patch (2.1.2)

I'm not sure that's good enough. Especially considering you seem to've already had dialogue corruption and you're reporting other problems unsymptomatic of these mods. You need to do a fresh install. If you want to keep your current install, check out the Multi-Install Tool (MIT) at G3.

However, don't go any further before trying the things suggested in your other post (clear your cache folders and change your game configuration).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#25 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:42 AM

Tonight I restored critical files and deleted aliases (Mac equivalent of Shortcuts) in my BGII folder, to give myself a fresh install of BGII - SoA with ToB and the latest ToB patch (2.1.2)

I'm not sure that's good enough. Especially considering you seem to've already had dialogue corruption and you're reporting other problems unsymptomatic of these mods. You need to do a fresh install. If you want to keep your current install, check out the Multi-Install Tool (MIT) at G3.

However, don't go any further before trying the things suggested in your other post (clear your cache folders and change your game configuration).

I agree with the above. I was under the impression that restoring such files as baldur.ini and dialog.tlk, as well as the entire override folder, would be sufficient to bring me back to a "clean" install, but now I suspect that something else becomes altered with mods. I say this because I just spent the entire morning testing 1PP, Moinesse, 1PP + Moinesse, and Moinesse + 1PP, in that order. These all with the BG2 Fixpack installed. After each test game, I uninstalled the graphics mods using Install-mod.sh instead of restoring the files manually, as I was doing before. When I installed a given mod, I was asked if I wanted to reinstall or uninstall, which surprised me, because I expected the process to proceed as though I'd just finished freshly installing the game from CDs plus the patch and BG2 Fixpack. As for the previously reported corruption, that has not reappeared so far, so it must be the fault of another mod. I suspect the Subrace mod in that case, but further testing will probably ferret it out.

I dread the thought of wiping out everything, and going back to the discs to reinstall, but I can do that if it's absolutely necessary. I've done that about ten times already, so it's nearly an automatic process by now ;)

Heh, wish I'd seen this earlier today, because I've tested four different installs, documented each case, and returned here ready to report my findings. I'll post them anyway, but I'll seriously consider reinstalling everything from the ground up.

As for clearing folders, yes, I did that before preparing the game for these new mod tests. There is never, ever anything in my tempsave folder (unless it's used during play, then emptied before the game quits).

Thanks,
Eric

#26 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:51 AM

The floating weapons shouldn't be happening.

For 1pp I painstakingly repositioned the paperdolls and the weapons so they display properly. They did on my install.

Here, I found some of the original 1ppv2-content release screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

^ if it doesn't look like that, something is fishy.

I see three things that might be causing your problem:

- the weapon paperdoll images are not getting installed correctly.
- there are bogus files in the installer.
- BGII on a Mac could handle BAM offsets differently.

And...

Your conclusion is... I'm not going to say wrong, but it's not conclusive. You need to test with the critical Moinesse paperdolls... i.e. those that use PLT files instead of BAMs. The female long-haired paperdoll doesn't. Test the HFVampire paperdoll. Or the Ninja one. Equip large shields. If that shows up correctly, I'm surprised and you're right.

The Amulet of Power isn't changed by any of the mods... maybe something to do with the patches? Can you use it without 1pp or the Moinesse avatars installed?

OK, so I'm suspecting that the floating weapon issue is Mac-specific. Before I read your post, I figured it was just the way the mod was made. As for the Moinesse paperdolls, perhaps I should do another install and test, without choosing those. I did choose the male and female vampires, but not the ones that replace thieves, and of course I didn't play through the game long enough to encounter any vampires. I also chose the ninjas to replace thieves. I saw the 1PP shield graphic for a magical shield (either medium or large: Shield of the Lost +2, IIRC), and it appeared correctly. However, the weapons held in hand on the inventory screen float next to the paperdoll's hand always, but only on that screen.

I've concluded that the Amulet of Power is not usable by rangers in the pristine game, but that the BG2 Fixpack changes that, as I saw the item usable by my ranger with that mod installed, regardless of the presence of any other mods.

The screenshots above agree with the graphic elements I see in my games, with the exception of the paperdolls with floating weapons issue. Gameplay results are encouraging, though, enough for me to overlook this anomaly, unless it's possible for me to somehow fix it.

Thanks,
Eric

#27 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:01 AM

And so, FWIW...

Here are the results of this morning's work:

Testing BG2 Artwork Fixpack v.2 (AKA 1PP v2 remix) and Moinesse Avatar Fixpack v.2 for BGII - SoA/ToB with latest ToB patch (2.1.2) installed under Mac OS X. With BG2 Fixpack v.4 installed.

1PP - Played new game w/imported character. Amulet of Power usable by ranger: yes. Buckler doesn't appear on paperdoll. All looks/acts properly. Played and rested with no problems.

Uninstalled 1PP. BG2 Fixpack reinstalled.

Moinesse Avatar Fixpack - Amulet: yes. All looks/acts properly.

Uninstalled Moinesse. BG2 Fixpack reinstalled.

1PP, then Moinesse - All looks/acts properly. Long-haired paperdolls and avatars present, as are 1PP item graphics. Weapons held float next to hands on inventory screen.

Uninstalled both; BG2 Fixpack reinstalled.

Moinesse, then 1PP - All looks/acts properly. Long-haired paperdolls and avatars present, as are 1PP item graphics. Weapons held float next to hands on inventory screen.

That's where things stand as of noon today. There are a couple other tests I could do, and I might possibly do better to completely wipe out my game and reinstall everything from CDs, but I'm really hoping that won't be necessary ;)

Happy gaming,
Eric

Edited by Eric P., 30 October 2007 - 11:02 AM.

#28 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 30 October 2007 - 02:29 PM

OK, so I've overcome my laziness and completely reinstalled BGII - SoA/ToB on my G4 Mac :) I completely deleted, then reinstalled everything from CDs, using a maximum install, then I applied the ToB patch. Difficult as it may be, I'll resist doing a single thing more with it till I receive some advice on the best way to proceed with testing the mods I have. The first ones I'd like to test are those I just finished with: Moinesse Avatars and 1PP. My prediction is that I'll get exactly the same results I got this morning, but nothing's certain yet ;)

Should I make a full round of testing with these mods without the BG2 Fixpack, and then do another full round with that mod installed? The only differences I've noticed this morning were that, with Fixpack installed, goblins explode into lovely bits of gore when killed, and the Amulet of Power is usable by rangers, as I reported, whereas in the vanilla game, it is not. There are bound to be more differences, but those were the two that stood out.

...so it goes...

- E

#29 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:29 PM

Should I make a full round of testing with these mods without the BG2 Fixpack, and then do another full round with that mod installed?

I don't think the BG2 Fixpack impacts any paperdolls or avatars, but it won't hurt to test these mods without it. You just want to uninstall them when you're done so you can install the Fixpack first when you do install it. (The exploding goblin, BTW, means you "chunked" or critically hit it - the Fixpack shouldn't change that behaviour.)

Do you have the link where you got the Mac version? Someone might want to make sure it has all the files it should, and they're not corrupted or something. Also maybe a screenshot would help, to see how far the weapons are "floating."

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#30 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:32 PM

The testing will continue, and now I've gone against my nature and done a completely new install, with no mods installed yet. I'll use this for better testing. My main reason for doing this is to find out if both mods can be used without causing unwanted behavior with NPC mods, Chloe and Yasraena most of all (because their unique items are apparently ultra-sensitive to any modification, though this is my uneducated guess). In the event that the two mods ultimately can't achieve harmony, I'll go with Moinesse, as I'd like to retain avatars from that mod.

More updates as I have 'em...and further comments always welcome!

- E

Edited by Eric P., 30 October 2007 - 09:33 PM.

#31 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:38 PM

Should I make a full round of testing with these mods without the BG2 Fixpack, and then do another full round with that mod installed?

I don't think the BG2 Fixpack impacts any paperdolls or avatars, but it won't hurt to test these mods without it. You just want to uninstall them when you're done so you can install the Fixpack first when you do install it. (The exploding goblin, BTW, means you "chunked" or critically hit it - the Fixpack shouldn't change that behaviour.)

Do you have the link where you got the Mac version? Someone might want to make sure it has all the files it should, and they're not corrupted or something. Also maybe a screenshot would help, to see how far the weapons are "floating."

I'll have to dig a bit for the URLs, and if I remember, I'll see if I can get screenshots of anything I want to call attention to, and crop the images down for a better view.

- E

#32 Steve

Steve
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:12 PM

Download for Gorilym's 1pp_v2_remix is here: http://rapidshare.co...pp_v2_remix.zip

Discussion about it is here: http://forums.gibber...?showtopic=7560

#33 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:35 PM

Download for Gorilym's 1pp_v2_remix is here: http://rapidshare.co...pp_v2_remix.zip

Discussion about it is here: http://forums.gibber...?showtopic=7560

Yes, that's where I got it. Thanks! My copy of Moinesse Avatars came from http://america.iegmc.net, IIRC. That's the North American mirror for downloading the mod from the G3 site.

- E

#34 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:01 PM

Today I began with a vanilla install of the game, and did four rounds of tests:

I - 1PP only
II - Moinesse only
III - 1PP + Moinesse (in that order)
IV - Moinesse + 1PP

I'll call these "Install I" through "Install IV" for convenience's sake. The games played with no crashes or other unwanted behavior. The 1PP mod still has paperdolls with weapons floating next to their hands on the inventory screens. After each test game, I uninstalled the mod/mods, then proceeded with the next install.

Screenshots from Install I (hope I'm doing this correctly) showing the mod's effect:

[attachment=8739:Picture_1.jpg]
[attachment=8740:Picture_2.jpg]
[attachment=8741:Picture_3.jpg]

I'll put up the rest in another post, so not to load this one down with too much. I've got corresponding screenshots from each installation, so I'll make two posts for each one.

As always, commentary is welcome.

- E

#35 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:24 AM

ahaha, okay.

I downloaded the remix and looked at it, and it's kind of obvious not a lot of people use 1pp on a Mac. Because seriously, those files are *messed* up. I don't have Baldur's Gate on my laptop so I can't check it in-game :( but I looked at the .tp2 to make sure it wasn't some clever on-install trick.

PREDICTIONS (please test and verify these)
  • The papedoll for the male dwarf wizard with a robe no. 4 (e.g. Archmagi robes) will show the original Baldur's Gate II paperdoll
  • Male half-orcs or humans will display with mismatched standard BGII shields and helmets.
  • Female dwarves/halflings and male dwarves will show mismatched BGII vanilla shields.
  • The buckler will display the standard BGII paperdoll image for all characters (or not at all...)
  • The male monks should show the standard BGII paperdoll
  • Weapons will appear to be floating for most gender/race combinations. (but not all of them!)
  • Human female non-fighters should look weird with helmets.
Explanation: (no, read this)

Before you start reading, read my first post in this thread. If you have, go on.

Contains guesswork:

From what I've been reading on other forums, it seems that the 6 byte 'fake' PLTs that come with 1ppv2 tend to crash Mac installs, where the Windows install simply declares them broken and moves on to read the supplied BAM files. Whoever made the remix had the idea to simply rename my BAM files to PLT, so when the game would be looking for the PLTs, it would read the BAMs.

This is a nice idea, however, it doesn't seem to work.

When tested, it fools you into thinking it does: the game (apparently) won't crash anymore, and it will display BG1 paperdolls. But, it isn't using the 1pp files at all. (!) It seems that by giving the game a PLT file that is corrupt but 'readable' ('cause it's originally a BAM) you trigger the same response on a Mac that you do with my 6 byte files on Windows. I could have probably done this, too (the Moinesse files do it and they appear to be working on Windows?), but I figured why waste the ~4 KB for each fake PLT.

Now, why are you seeing BG1 paperdolls? Because they are in the Baldur's Gate II game archive files. You're not seeing the 1pp files in your install, but those that actually shipped with the game. For someone who hasn't made the mod (:P) the difference might not be obvious right away, but the changes are rather fundamental. (I sort-of verified this by checking the relative placement of your elven paperdoll to the background compared to how it should be.)

The files affected are:

Helmets
Shields
The dolls

Everything else originally uses BAM files, and those are copied over in the remix, so you will see the 1pp content for weapons, items and description images. (etc.)

Explaining the problems that occur:

Because BGII handles the sizing classes differently, the BGI paperdolls are not quite compatible. For instance, in BGI, a human female fighter had the 'large' classification, and all other female human classes were only 'medium' sized. In Baldur's Gate II, all human female characters fit into the 'large' (or rather, N) category.

Since the category determines where and how the weapons are displayed, you will get mismatched images for them - and, you guessed it - the weapons will appear to be mysteriously floating.

1pp subtly alters the paperdolls and changes their position on the screen so they won't have problems 'living in a BGII environment'.

Furthermore, the remix does a similar thing like the Moinesse files: It is not consistent. The CDMW4INV (Male Wizard 4) paperdoll, for instance, is only supplied as a BAM (not one of the fake PLTs), so even if that method was working, the game would still display the standard PLT. The same holds true for almost all of the buckler paperdoll images.

The human or halforc male paperdolls even have the original, working, PLT files copied in the remix. (?) The same is true for shields on female dwarves/halflings and male dwarves. Those shields, when equipped, should look VERY messy (because BAM and PLT don't really mix - at least in that direction and on Windows).

In conclusion, it's the sort of thing that happens when you combine a third of BGI content with a third of BGII content with a third of 1pp content. :blink:

Solution:

Since the game doesn't appear to have any problems crashing AND loads the archived BAMs just fine, the fix should be pretty simple (after you installed the remix):

1. Download the non-buggy Windows version of 1pp.
2. In your override, rename the CDMW4INV.bam to CDMW4INV.plt
3. Take any BAM and from 1ppv2 and make copies, renaming them to .plt: WPLD1INV - WPLD4INV, WPLH0INV - WPLH5INV
4. Copy another bam to create the '.plt' files WPSD1INV - WPSD4INV
5. Do the same for the rest of the buckler images (WPHD1INV.plt, WPMD1INV.plt, WPSD1INV.plt, WPND1INV.plt)
6. Copy all the 1ppv2 .BAM files to the override and don't rename them.

Because this is kind of weird, I have done this for you here:

»»» Click to download from Rapidshare «««

^ copying this to your override is the equivalent to Steps 1 through 6.

You should now have a working 1ppv2 install. (you might want to copy the 1ppv3 paperdolls now too while you're at it :P)

edit to add: If you do want to install the 1ppv3 files, delete all supplied PLT files. If you don't have a PLT file in your override matching the BAM (e.g. female human monks, CHFM1INV, shouldn't have one), make a copy of the BAM and rename it to .plt.

---

On a side note:

By typing this out, I realised the answer to our Moinesse issue:

The shields and helmets will display properly, but they, and the weapons might appear to float for the Moinesse paperdolls when you use it with 1pp.

Enjoy.

(hopefully last edit: I hate typos I'm an idiot.)

csf

Edited by Erephine, 01 November 2007 - 10:08 AM.

崇高滑稽
·

#36 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:25 AM

Whoever made the remix had the idea to simply rename my BAM files to PLT, so when the game would be looking for the PLTs, it would read the BAMs. This is a nice idea, however, it doesn't seem to work.

I suspected this might be an issue. It just didn't sound right.

If you do want to install the 1ppv3 files, delete all supplied PLT files. If you don't have a PLT file in your override matching the BAM (e.g. female human monks, CHFM1INV, shouldn't have one), make a copy of the BAM and rename it to .plt.

While we're on the subject - do you have plans to release a working v3? If not, would you object to someone else packaging it? I know this has come up before, and I'm not necessarily volunteering (not immediately anyhow as I've other things to finish) but I'd like to see a working mod for both OSes that also includes your more recent work (the finished bits at least).

#37 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:48 AM

Liam said he'd (try to) do it.

It won't technically be a true v3, since I haven't been able to finish a lot of things I wanted to include (and only some of the most crucial paperdolls were v3'ed), but it will include everything that's released here, and some other things. I think I made a post about it in the recent release thread. :) We PMed for a while, and I wrote down what needs to be done and - to my knowledge - how. I don't know how much effort the coding will be, since some of it does go a little beyond the simple copy&paste of most 1ppv2 files, but it shouldn't be too hard. :unsure:

So yes... there's plans.

I guess it probably won't work for both OSes out-of-the-box, but if my above solution turns out to work, it shouldn't be very difficult to port.

崇高滑稽
·

#38 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:53 AM

OK, so I figure I don't need to post all the rest of the screenshots I made (probably a good thing ;) ), and things are consistent in further test games. This morning, I started again from my vanilla install, then added 1PP remix and then Moinesse, and finally Chloe. I played a test game, and got the same results as before, but in the Air plane, when the game first invoked the Chloe mod, she ran out the door and into Irenicus' dungeon! Never saw that before...when I brought the party back there to check on Chloe, she had a blue circle under her, but had nothing to say to me when I talked to her. I declared the install unplayable, and started over.

This time, after uninstalling the mods, I installed BG2 Fixpack, then 1PP remix, then Moinesse Avatars, and finished by adding Yasraena and Chloe, all in that order. I wanted to see if Chloe would behave properly, and threw Yas in just in case I can play a test game all the way out of Irenicus' dungeon. This time I was able to play a test game to the point where the Chloe mod is invoked, it behaved properly, and I added her to my party. We cleared out the Air plane area, but I didn't take the party back into Irenicus' dungeon. I'll try that next.

After I note the results of that test, I'll scale back again, and follow the procedure Erephine outlined above, and report the results. I approach this task with some trepidation, as I'm not used to altering the files in this way, but this is how we learn, sometimes, right? :)

Thanks,
Eric

#39 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:36 AM

Just one change to Erephine's procedure: since I'm on a Mac, I can't download the "non-buggy Windows version" of 1PP, but must instead download the Mac verison. After I extract the .rar, I'll see if I can follow the rest of the procedure as outlined.

- E

#40 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:43 AM

Just one change to Erephine's procedure: since I'm on a Mac, I can't download the "non-buggy Windows version" of 1PP, but must instead download the Mac verison. After I extract the .rar, I'll see if I can follow the rest of the procedure as outlined.

- E

You can, and you'll have to.

Everything I posted is Mac-only.

-edit to add: If the .exe confuses you, it's just a RAR self-extracting file. You should (?) be able to extract it manually on a Mac, right?

-edit the second: I have changed the procedure slightly to make more sense with the 1ppv2 files (heh) and, to make things easier I've uploaded a .rar file containing the changes. (it's in my previous post) Extract it to your override when you have the remix installed and give it a try :)

-edit the third: I forgot to 'fix' the monk paperdoll, both in the written and downloadable form. But I won't do that now, so yeah. Don't let that stop you from testing if it works at all :)

Edited by Erephine, 01 November 2007 - 10:22 AM.

崇高滑稽
·