45 replies to this topic

#21 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:38 PM

Check your PM. :)

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#22 Gollandrian

Gollandrian
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:40 PM

I absolutely adore your Haer'Dalis, not only does he look great, but it further reminds me as to why he's in my Top 5 NPC's

#23 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:48 PM

Sarah

Sarah.jpg

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#24 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:51 PM

Hah that rocks.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#25 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 05:05 PM

Forgot to add Fade as well:

Fade.jpg

And here are a few other character ideas that have been bouncing around in my head:

Rulae, Berserker/Mage of Kossuth

Rulae.jpg

Lessan, LE priestess of Helm.

Lessan.jpg

And Nothtel, priestess of Dugmaren Brightmantle.

Nothtel.jpg

Edited by Tempest, 12 October 2007 - 05:10 PM.

#26 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 05:32 PM

While I'm generally ..."not a fan" of WoW designs, I have to say that's a sweet Anomen model. :D

#27 twetwe123

twetwe123
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 05:55 PM

Okay, I think what I just said was "Awwwwweeeeeneeeneee MAZZY!" in a very high-pitched voice. Something like that. And Bodhi's creeeeepy. I don't WoW, so I have no idea what their characters look like.

#28 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:41 PM

"Awwwwww!" is generally the reaction to any female gnome in WoW. Unless you're Horde like me. In which case you're punting them for field goals. Anyhow, what follows is me experimenting with some earlier screenshots and the helms/shoulders of the sets in question.

I wasn't kidding when I said the helm made Anomen look like a purple stormtrooper.

Anomen_Helm.jpg

Haer'Dalis actually pulls off the Nightslayer helm pretty well, even with his wierd hairstyle. The shoulders, however, are known by a variety of lewd nicknames in-game for a reason.

HD_Helm.jpg

If playing with Jaheira and her helm taught me anything, it is that elf ears can ruin absolutely any potentially cool-looking helm.

Jaheira_Helm.jpg

All it took was adding the shoulders and helm to turn Riysler into a grade-A comic book villain.

Riysler_Helm.jpg

#29 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:59 PM

Are you sure Saerileth isn't supposed to be wearing a full set of Lightbringer Armor tank gear? :(

#30 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:32 PM

Soulforge fit her much better than Lightbringer, I feel. For armor sets, I went more with what looked like it fitted the character more than anything else-Riysler is a prime offender here. He's a cleric, but wears a warlock's Corruptor Raiment. Imoen's actually wearing chain mail, Darian's in plate armor when he's going to be restricted to leather when I release him (assuming you use the default archer kit for him), and other things like that.

If anyone's really curious as to what the armor or weapon(s) any character has are called, I'll see if I can dig it up. I'll probably be adding a few more characters from the IWD2 Npc Project tomorrow morning-currently thinking about doing Sir Nord, Hildury, Jaemal, and Salomeya.

#31 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:36 PM

Riysler with the cowl looks JUST like Richard in the web comic Looking For Group! <3333

(http://lfgcomic.com for those who haven't heard of it. READ IT. It pwns.)

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#32 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 11:49 PM

Mmm, look foward to Salomeya. ^_^

btw Fade looks great, and so do the rest. :D

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#33 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 02:49 AM

Shouldn't you be like concentrating on, uh, coping with hangovers and homework in college? (I'm Finnish, everything I know of college I've learnt from TV :D) Not that I'm complaining, these are pretty sweet. I like the way Tsujatha turned out - exactly as I envisioned him when I played the mod!

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#34 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 04:58 AM

I don't drink, and each character actually only takes a few minutes to create with the model viewer. At any rate...

Hildury

Hildury.jpg

Jaemal

Jaemal.jpg

Salomeya

Salomeya.jpg

Sir Nord

Sir_Nord.jpg

#35 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:46 PM

I suppose this can be considered an extremely late entry to the Charname art challenge thing-introducing the character I always think of as my alter ego in the Baldur's Gate saga: Karas, Inquisitor of Kelemvor. He's taken a few pointers from his half-brother's wardrobe at this point.

Karas.jpg

#36 Gort

Gort
  • Validating
  • 614 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:52 AM

I think the models would look better (=more suit bg2 style), if they weren't wearing so much glimmering over-70 level sets. Seems too pompous to me.

#37 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:27 AM

I disagree-I tend to always think of character depictions as being during or after ToB, successful and daring adventurers. And quite frankly, I love using the pretty, flashy armor that so characterizes WoW for high-level characters. I did some characters in lower-end gear, but I was guided in the choice of each character's gear simply by what looked good.

#38 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:19 PM

Oooh, these are shiny! I don't really like WoW...or actually, I am rather apathetic to it mostly. I always liked the look of the elves, though more than once I have argued that ears as long as that would not stand off like that, but be rather droopy- cartilage can only do so much and no more, you know. And elven houses must have extremely wide doorways, or otherwise they will get stuck with those ears. :P

Oh, and I always thought the female gnomes (or halflings? Do they have halflings in Warcraft?) look extremely cute.

The male fighters or paladins or whatever they are, scare me however. Had I been drinking something when I first saw Anomen, my monitor would now be soaked in whatever liquid I would have been imbibing at the time (usually apple juice with some water). :lol: :rolleyes: I mean, I knew those character models already, but Anomen looks hilarious.

I don't really like how Edwin looks, but that's just me. Haer'Dalis and some others look great however.

Oh, and could you do Rizdaer from the IWD 2 NPC project? He's my favourite. Pretty please with Wasabi-peanuts on top?

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#39 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:21 PM

I could try, but drow don't look very good with this program-see the Viconia attempt. I can give it a shot if you insist, though.

#40 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:31 PM

I actually thought Viconia looked pretty good as a WoW character. And since Rizdaer is supposed to have relatively light skin for a Drow (due to him bleaching it as a disguise to pass as a half-drow. It didn't get light enough for an elf. He also dies his hair, so it's slightly blondish or reddish-blondish, rather than pure white.), I think it might actually fit him pretty well.

Also, I just realised I forgot to ask. What's that glowing thing above Jaemal's head? :blink:

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)