Sorry but which version is outdated?
2.16 is the latest I know.

I and I assumed you use German since you've got:

Sprache: zweisprachig deutsch und englisch

But you also got:

Language: english only
Language: english only

I'm kind of puzzled.

Me too since I selected French installation, and as my favored language FR EN.
Believe me even at point-blank I do no speak German :lol2: but BWI seem to be at oddity with french.

I think he means the versions of BiG World stuff in the download manager here on SHS.

As for me I was referring to Turambar's advice to remove the fixpack fixes to DSotSC, which are no relevant again since fixes for 2.15 have been deleted and new fixes for 2.16 have been provided.

And Beleg right I was speaking about the BWF on spellhold is v11.1 and not the nice new lovely 11.1.6 and BWI is v11 as the latest is v11.1.4 not so outdated but enough to make my brand new installation crash and stress me.

Since I updated BW everything ok, install on progress :Tasty:

And I'd like to thanks you both of you for helping me, it was really nice of you.

Edited by SLN, 10 August 2012 - 08:15 AM.

#922 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

as to #913:

ERROR: Unable to find CHITIN.KEY in:

I had exactly the same problem occasionally. If the SoA folder had been copied without a preliminary restart and a new installation was started, it may happen that the Chitin.key is missing and then at least BGT fails to install. Hence of course none of the BG1 mods like DSOTSC can be installed.

#923 mercurier

mercurier
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hello there, I'd like to report some bug regarding the installer script.

1. findstr matches unwanted content

The script use findstr to search weidu.log for compatibility check in many places. Around line 3031 of BiG World Install.bat v11.1 we have:
findstr /I /M "Tactics.TP2~.*#.*#3" WeiDU.log
if %errorlevel%==0 (
%IFS%scsII.exe %TXT% | findstr @334 | %C% >> %E%
) else (
%IFT% Call %INST% scsII "7080"
)
This block is intended to check the existence of component #2 of Tactics mod to avoid conflict with component #7051 of SCS2 mod.

However, here findstr will not only match
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Improved Sahuagin City
but also match
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #31 // Mike Barnes' Improved Small Teeth Pass: v25; Lol's Update to v26
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #32 // Mike Barnes' Improved North Forest: v25; Lol's Update to v26
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #33 // Mike Barnes' Marching Mountains: v25; Lol's Update to v26
in weidu.log

As a result, #7080 of SCS2 will not get installed as long as any of #3x of Tactics is installed, even though #3 is not there.

Adding a space between #3 and the quote is no use, since spaces is treated as delimiters between multiple search strings. To achieve the intended goal, we can write:
findstr /I /M /C:"TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #3 " WeiDU.log
(note the space after #3)

2. GNU cut is not working properly under Win7

When I first try to run the installer, I get endless "BiG World Installpack\cut: write error: Invalid argument" error after the first welcome message is displayed:

.\BiG World Installpack\move to main folder\traify read me.txt
.\BiG World Installpack\move to main folder\traify.bat
.\BiG World Installpack\move to main folder\WeiDU.exe
6 file(s) copied.

Leonardo Watson's

B i G W o r l d P r o j e c t

v11.1

BiG World Installpack\cut: write error
BiG World Installpack\cut: write error: Invalid argument
BiG World Installpack\cut: write error: Invalid argument
After changing line 28 from
SET C="%BWIP%"\cut -c5-
to
SET C="%BWIP%"\cut -f2-
, the error no longer appears but all messages displayed now begin with "@###" (I can live with this, though). According some of my friends' experience, this problem only occur on Win7.

3. Commenting in batch file

This is rather a suggestion than a bug report. In batch file the standard comment mark is "REM", not double colon "::". Though in many situations they are interchangeble, however, there are cases that using double colon can break the script. Details. Long story short, double colon in parenthesis can break the script.

Regards

#924 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

The issue with the batch file regarding the compatibility check with findstr will be corrected with the next update.

Do you know any other tool than cut.exe that would work under Win7?

#925 ph47

ph47
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:56 AM

God day!

Can anybody tell where to find complete BWP compilation. I have 10 russian version from this http://rutracker.org...c.php?t=3732559, it is 14 GB game. But i want english and last version. Googling show me a pdf instruction and downloads at this site, but i not find any full compilation.

#926 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:59 AM

I seriously doubt that you'll find more than that here since it's just not legal and I guess that nobody likes the idea of potential lawsuits. You'll also get dislike from modders since they want to have their mods under their control and don't want to be bothered by bugreports for errors that are already fixed.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#927 ph47

ph47
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:25 AM

I seriously doubt that you'll find more than that here since it's just not legal and I guess that nobody likes the idea of potential lawsuits. You'll also get dislike from modders since they want to have their mods under their control and don't want to be bothered by bugreports for errors that are already fixed.

God day, dabus!
I see, it is mentality difference. Although is any way exist to do a compiling process more simple what downloading all separate mods? In russian BWP i have an installer and autoupdater, what solve problem described by You. Unfortunately this updater does not update to major version 11.

#928 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:57 AM

Modders were having issues with a bundled download-package which contained all mods that you needed. So I also doubt that some containers or mirrors would be accepted.
I'd also like to have a choice and invest some time than having some mods I dislike in the game.

Edited by dabus, 30 August 2012 - 05:00 AM.

#929 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

Hmm. maybe I should not use the or above that code to check if the extraction worked or the update.ini did not exist.
I guess the extraction failed and the file was not present, so the or did not work in that case... and so the assumption that the extraction should have worked is wrong and the extraction has to be redone...

The Murphy is strong in the BWS today. -_-
Thanks for the post anyway. ;)

Edited by dabus, 30 November 2012 - 01:18 PM.

#930 -DarKelP-

-DarKelP-

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

The planarspheremod is installed in Russian instead of spanish. I think this is the issue (Tra.txt):

planarspherespanish.jpg

It should be Sp-2.

#931 -Joshwa-

-Joshwa-

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

Can you add in the PDF file the V24 beta of SCS II ?

Thanks

#932 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:48 AM

Big World Fixpack v14.0.2.7 is missing the bggraphics.tph update for BG Graphics Overhaul v7

File can be found here:

http://www.shsforums...rrent-versions/

#933 Wintershade

Wintershade
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:08 AM

Hi,

I have just finished installing the megamod through the BiG World Setup. My BG2 folder has now grown to ~16 GiB, and I cannot seem to find the BiG World Clean-up.bat file.

What happened to the cleanup?

Thanks in advance!

Only the best is good enough.

#934 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:00 AM

What happened to the cleanup?

Not all it's effects were found desirable... so it's applied in a sense, but not in others. I had an install that was 30Gb's... and this was with a lot less mods than the current Tactics.

Edited by The Imp, 21 August 2014 - 02:02 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#935 Wintershade

Wintershade
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:18 AM

Hmm, I see. Thanks for the quick reply! :)

So... there's no way to shrink the installation down some more?

I have installed the Generalized Biffing (biffed all the stuff), so shouldn't everything be in .bif files in the data folder?

Is it safe to remove the "setup-(something).exe" files? What about their accompanying folders?

edit: and, umm... in case I'm asking this in the wrong forum/topic, where should I ask? thanks again!

Edited by Wintershade, 21 August 2014 - 01:21 AM.

#936 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:13 AM

So... there's no way to shrink the installation down some more?

Well, there is,... darn I was't really thinking the above answer... so I edited it a bit to be "Not all it's effects were found desirable..".

Anyways, yes, you can remove all the weidu.exe's(the setup-*modname*.exe's which are the weidu.exe just renamed to take orders from the .tp2 files of the same name), you can also take the mod folders and cut them to elsewhere to store them, I wouldn't recommend removing them entirely as they have backups that you might find useful, but if you are willing to remake the whole entire install to fix a bug that's now unresolved as of yet, then you can go and remove the mod folders as well.

Well, this is a "right" forum to ask the question, but I am not entirely sure it belongs to this topic in particular. But it hardly matters now.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#937 Wintershade

Wintershade
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:41 AM

Thanks! That's all I needed to know. Suddenly my 16 GiB installation is less than 10 GiB.

#938 darius777

darius777
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:57 PM

Greetings, folks!

I do apologize if this is the incorrect place, but I am trying to get TBWP set up for myself, my spouse, and some friends. I'm getting a series of odd error messages when opening (or attempting to) several files, instead getting error messages. The attached image will show what I'm talking about. I'd love to get this going again. I am using BG 1&2 GOG edition. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

888yuej.jpg

#939 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:24 PM

I would expect one of two things, either your archive tool is out of date(likely), or your virus protector is "protecting" from false positives, and corrupting your downloads(not so much, but possible).
Or there's something else going on, which I cannot comment without more info on the OS version, and what exactly you are doing...

Edited by The Imp, 16 March 2015 - 03:30 PM.

#940 -Rbobghost-

-Rbobghost-

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:01 PM

BiG World Fixpack v15:

bg1npc.tp2.patch needs to go from [first line]:

--- bg1npc.tp2 Wed Oct 22 03:05:30 2014

to this:

--- bg1npc\bg1npc.tp2 Wed Oct 22 03:05:30 2014

Perhaps because the tp2 for BG1 NPC Project was moved?