• Please log in to reply
948 replies to this topic

#81 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:13 AM

22. REFINEMENTS RELATED MODS
22.1. Rogue ReBalancing by aVENGER v3.8 (Μεσα στα πακετα του όμως ειχε το v3.11)
22.2. Refinements v3.10
22.3. Ashes of Embers v26
22.4. Song and Silence (SaA) v2

As I mentioned earlier, Song and Silence should be installed before Rogue Rebalancing if you want to get the proper benefits of each mod.

BTW, what does this mean:

(Μεσα στα πακετα του όμως ειχε το v3.11)

#82 Altomar

Altomar

Seraph

• 163 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:42 AM

This is Greek. It means "inside his packages he has v3.11"

#83 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:55 AM

That's strange, I don't recall ever seing a Greek translation of RR. :unsure: Anyway, don't use the translation if it was created for RR v3.11 as it's clearly not going to be compatible with RR v3.81.

BTW, if anyone knows the author of that Greek translation please direct him/her to this thread. The instructions for updating the translation can be found there. Once it's finished, I'll gladly add the updated translation to the latest version of RR.

#84 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:27 AM

That's strange, I don't recall ever seing a Greek translation of RR. :unsure: Anyway, don't use the translation if it was created for RR v3.11 as it's clearly not going to be compatible with RR v3.81.

BTW, if anyone knows the author of that Greek translation please direct him/her to this thread. The instructions for updating the translation can be found there. Once it's finished, I'll gladly add the updated translation to the latest version of RR.

Hi. My mistake the Greek words. Before i posted here i wrote my list in Word in order to work on it. I just forgot to erase the Greek words and put English in their place. So there is no Greek modder! :doh:

And i wanted to remember to post this additional question: In the list Leonard has written RRv3.8, but in the files i downloaded from his links i found v3.11 inside. Which one of the two should i use?

Edited by quinlan, 30 October 2007 - 07:31 AM.

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#85 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:36 AM

And i wanted to remember to post this additional question: In the list Leonard has written RRv3.8, but in the files i downloaded from his links i found v3.11 inside. Which one of the two should i use?

Not sure why Leonardo's link has RR v3.11, that's a highly outdated version (from 2003) and incompatible with the majority of modern mods. Leonardo, please correct this in the next version of your guide.

Quinlan, make sure to use RR v3.81 which can be downloaded here.

Edited by aVENGER, 30 October 2007 - 07:37 AM.

#86 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:58 AM

Not sure why Leonardo's link has RR v3.11, that's a highly outdated version (from 2003) and incompatible with the majority of modern mods. Leonardo, please correct this in the next version of your guide.

Quinlan, make sure to use RR v3.81 which can be downloaded here.

Thanks for the link. I downloaded it. :cheers:

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#87 Altomar

Altomar

Seraph

• 163 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:14 AM

I believe there is a minor incompatibility between Drizzt Saga and NPC Project (with Dynaheir Quest). Drizzt is supposed to spawn again in ar3100 after you help him kill the gnolls and give you Dynaheir Journal. With drizzt saga Drizzt join me. If you try to force talk him he leave. I had to finish Drizzt saga and then kick him out. After a while come back again with dynaheir but drizzt never spawn. I had to use clueconsole to Spawn him and some Gnolls later. Does anyone else had the same problem???

Also when you try to cure petrification from Branwen in ar3800 she turn hostile. The only way is to force talk her before you cure her. Does anyone know where is the problem??

Edited by Altomar, 30 October 2007 - 11:19 AM.

#88 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:57 PM

I believe there is a minor incompatibility between Drizzt Saga and NPC Project (with Dynaheir Quest). Drizzt is supposed to spawn again in ar3100 after you help him kill the gnolls and give you Dynaheir Journal. With drizzt saga Drizzt join me. If you try to force talk him he leave. I had to finish Drizzt saga and then kick him out. After a while come back again with dynaheir but drizzt never spawn. I had to use clueconsole to Spawn him and some Gnolls later. Does anyone else had the same problem???

I knew there were issue between Drizzt Saga for BG1 and NPC project, cmorgan should have solved it or he's working on it

Also when you try to cure petrification from Branwen in ar3800 she turn hostile. The only way is to force talk her before you cure her. Does anyone know where is the problem??

Have u installed petrification fix from the_bigg?

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#89 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:10 AM

I have another request Leonardo - if it's not too much trouble could you re-phrase the following statement from your guide:

The Mods Refinements, Rogue ReBalancing and Divine Remix change the highlevel abilities of certain characters.
Other than the quest, item and NPC-Mods these Mods exclude themselves partly mutually. Always the
HLA tables installed last are used in the game.

In its current form, it gives the false impression that the Rogue Rebalancing HLAs might not be compatible with the Divine Remix and Oversight HLAs which is incorrect since they have no common ground at all (RR changes the Bard HLAs while DR and OS change the Priest and Monk HLAs, respectively). Furthermore, it should be noted that with the proper install order, it is possible to install Song and Silence, Rogue Rebalancing and Refinements alongside each other and still get the proper benefits from all three mods.

Edited by aVENGER, 31 October 2007 - 01:13 AM.

#90 Altomar

Altomar

Seraph

• 163 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:05 AM

Have u installed petrification fix from the_bigg?

mm75

thanks for reply
Yes, i have install it from bigg tweaks. Chevalier mention in a previous post that

This is not compatible with BGT 1.04
22.9. The Bigg Tweak Pack v2.10
Install Component [Flesh to Stone Fix. (v2)]? [I]nstall

Buy Leonardo said this has been corrected with v 2.10

Should i uninstall it??

Edited by Altomar, 31 October 2007 - 02:19 AM.

#91 golgoth

golgoth
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:09 AM

Simple question: when kits should be installed? At the end of everything? Before Rogue Rebalancing, Divine Remix & CO.?

#92 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:19 AM

Altomar,

Which version of the biggtweaks?

From Version 2.10

The Petrification Fix doesn't make Branwen unjoinable in Tutu/BGT (among other things).

From A64's BGT-WeiDU v1.04 Compatibility Last Updated: 29 September 2007

- The Bigg Tweak Pack v2.01 or above

* Avoid use of the component 'Petrification Fix' until further notice

I am not sure which one is right.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#93 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:26 AM

Actually if u want Branwen in your party u need to uninstall pietrification fix,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#94 Altomar

Altomar

Seraph

• 163 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:35 AM

Altomar,

Which version of the biggtweaks?

From Version 2.10

The Petrification Fix doesn't make Branwen unjoinable in Tutu/BGT (among other things).

I use tb_tweaks_windows_2.10

#95 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:42 AM

That tells us it is not fixed. :(

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#96 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:45 AM

@ aVENGER
I will take into consideration all your suggestions with the next update.
Presently I am working on a new installation without NEJ, but with SCSII.

#97 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:45 AM

After some more trimming down (down to just 55 :( ), this is the list of components i plan to install:

1. CONDITION
A. BG2 Fixpack-v4
B. Scriptable_Spells-v1.4

2. ?PRE-NEJ? MODS
C. Tortured Soul Quest Quest
D. Dark Ritual v1.01
E. Oversight v10

4. INSTALLATION OF THE BIG BG2 MODS
F. Shadows Over Soubar v.1.12 Quest
G. Tortured Souls TS-BP v6.10 Quest
H. Region of Terror 2.1 Quest
I. Ascension v1.4.2 Quest

11. BG2 QUEST MODS
J. Expanded Thief Stronghold v2.14
K. Desecration of Souls V2.6 Quest
L. Planar Sphere 2.6a Quest
M. Tower Of Deception v2 Quest
N. Spellhold Gauntlet Version 1.0 Quest
O. Dungeon Crawl v2 Quest

12. BG2 TACTICAL ENCOUNTERS
P. CoM Encounters v1.02
Q. Deeper_Shadows_of_Amn_v2.2 (DSoA)
R. Domains of Dread-WeiDU

13. BG2 STORES AND ITEMS
S. Alex Macintosh v2 Item
T. Bag Bonus v1.0 Item
D. Dark Ritual v1.01
U. Exnem's Addon = Exnem Vault v5
V. Freedom's Reign / Reign of Virtue v4
W. Herbs and Potions Add-in for Baldur's Gate 2 Item
X. Rolles_v2 Item
Y. RTT Item Pack: Item
Z. The Magnificient Magic Shop Item
ZA. The Unusual Oddities Shop v.3 Item
ZB. SP Items = Daniel Goodrich's Custom Item Collection Item

19. BG2 RULES AND TWEAKS
ZC. NPC Tweak Tweak
ZD. Unfinished Business für BGII v15 Tweak
ZE. Victor's Improvements Pack v1.8 = BGII Improvements Mod Tweak
ZF. Lost Crossroads Spell Pack for Baldur's Gate 2 = SpellPackB3 Spell
ZG. Spell-50 v6 Spell

20. ASCENSION-RELATED MODS
ZH. BIG PICTURE V1.77
ZI. BPv177_TOB_Fix
ZJ. Ascension v1.4.21
ZK. Ding0's QuestPack v2.3 Quest
ZL. The Longer Road v1.5.1 Quest
Να εχω βαλει από πριν το Improved Oasis. Δε ξερω που βρισκεται. Να κοιταξω όλα τα readme για να το βρω.
ZM. P&P Celestials

21. KELSEY/SOLAUFEIN RELATED NPC MODS
ZK. Ding0's QuestPack v2.3 Quest
ZN. Gibberlings Three Anniversary v5 Tweak

22. REFINEMENTS RELATED MODS
ZO. Song and Silence (SaA) v2 (Μετα από συσταση του aVenger παει πριν το RR)
ZP. Rogue ReBalancing by aVENGER v3.8
ZQ. Refinements v3.10
ZR. Ashes of Embers v26
E. Oversight v10
ZS. Sword and Fist v2
ZT. The Bigg Tweak Pack v2.10 Tweak
ZU. Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods v2 Tweak
ZV. BG2 Tweaks v5 Tweak
ZW. Ding0's Tweak Pack v18 Tweak
ZX. Mix Mod v5 Tweak
ZY. End_BiFF
ZZ. BP_BGT_Worldmap_v6.6.1

25. CHANGES AFTER THE TRANSITION FROM BG1 TO BG2
25.4. NPCFlirt Pack v1.01 NPC
25.5. Banter Pack v7 for BG2 NPC
25.6. Azengaard Tactical Encounter MOD v2.0

I will appreciate any additional comment. :rolleyes:

I put letters instead of numbers on purpose. In this way i have a mod folder in alphabetical and proper order of components.

My only regret is that i cannot have Improved Volcano Pack. For obscure reasons Firefox and IE6 both still refuse to load weidu and sorcerers. I wanted it ONLY for one item which i could hardly wait to reach Amkethran in order to buy it. I am thinking of that 2-handed sword that gives immunity to the "Time Stop" spell... :crying: :crying: :crying:

Is there any way to acquire the weapon through the CLUA console?

Edited by quinlan, 31 October 2007 - 10:47 AM.

My fantasy story

#98 Steve

Steve
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:23 PM

Scriptable Spells is included with BG2 Fixpack.

#99 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:26 PM

of you like i could upload it on rapidshare or smth

#100 Altomar

Altomar

Seraph

• 163 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:18 PM

Leonardo, in guide you didn't mention that Redemption v113 and The Longer Road v1.5.1 cannot be installed together. They look like you had install them together.

Install Component [Redemption 1.1.3 requires BG2:ToB:Ascension v1.4.xx]? [I]nstall

Install Component [Longer Road v1.5]? [I]nstall