• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:52 PM

This is with a version 10 installed.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#42 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:19 PM

Aye, but had you tested the Weimer version (v6 or whatever?) and not had this problem? That's what I'm getting at - is there a reason this version is worse than the previous versions, regardless of whatever defects it might have? I'm just asking because I don't know, and the BWP folks should be pointing their link in the right direction (not here if this version is suspect).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#43 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:45 AM

If you have an update to the mod and can give me a solid assurance that it works, I'll put it up.

I don't know what all the hoo-ha was about here...

The hoo-ha is there, in the earlier parts of the thread, for anyone to read.

...but can someone actually vouch for this so it can be put in a more permanent download location? Someone must be able to since the BWP is linking to it, but the link in the initial post seems to be valid only once in a while.

I'm surprised that BWP is recommending it, as...

If the main concern so far is "it doesn't patch - it overwrites" well, that sucks, but I'm pretty sure the original does the same given its age.

Yes, and No. Overwriting isn't the foundation issue, it's the credentials of the developer of this version that's at question.

If someone like you developed a Spell50 v1.2.3 that overwrote, there would be enough trust in your reputation to go with it. We'ld all still pooh-pooh using overwriting, but Miloch's Spell50 version would still be in many people's install list.

It comes down to a matter of trust, and there's not enough faith in kovarex's skills. It doesn't help that this version overwrites, a coding practice considered outdated.

Aye, but had you tested the Weimer version (v6 or whatever?) and not had this problem? That's what I'm getting at - is there a reason this version is worse than the previous versions, regardless of whatever defects it might have? I'm just asking because I don't know, and the BWP folks should be pointing their link in the right direction (not here if this version is suspect).

Not sure what you're getting at. I have used Weimer's version consistently and haven't linked any game problems to using it. This isn't to say I know for sure that problems I have are not due to the mod. But the argument is circular, cause you could say the same thing about kovarex's version.

Again, I'm surprised that BWP is linking to this mod w/o it being properly vetted.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#44 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:18 AM

Again, I'm surprised that BWP is linking to this mod w/o it being properly vetted.

Normally easy. The new version comes out and we updated it in the BWP, too. That's all. :rolleyes:

We have not give much attention to the mod, because of problems with it in a megamod. Therefore it is in the Expert-version since a long time. We thought the mod-author will handle it with the community together. Often means a new version an improved version. Bad that we talk about it so late...

Which version you recommend to use in the BWP?

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#45 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:26 PM

Not sure what you're getting at. I have used Weimer's version consistently and haven't linked any game problems to using it. This isn't to say I know for sure that problems I have are not due to the mod. But the argument is circular, cause you could say the same thing about kovarex's version.

That was precisely what I was getting at. Does the problem exist in only one version of the mod, or both? If it exists only in this version, then it's not an improvement. If it exists in both, then it could be. Not circular reasoning at all.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#46 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:35 AM

Normally easy. The new version comes out and we updated it in the BWP, too. That's all. :rolleyes:

We have not give much attention to the mod, because of problems with it in a megamod. Therefore it is in the Expert-version since a long time. We thought the mod-author will handle it with the community together. Often means a new version an improved version. Bad that we talk about it so late...

Which version you recommend to use in the BWP?

Sorry I'm not well-versed in BWP lore so I forgot that there's an Expert section to BWP... so I agree, it makes sense for betas or non-tested mods to go in that section.

Therefore Weimer's Spell50 should be in there too, if not there already, if there's still a question of the reliability.

#47 Lisandro

Lisandro
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:03 AM

I've made the spanish translation.

I hope you like it

Attached Files

#48 LoneRogue

LoneRogue
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:53 PM

Hey All,

Is everyone aware that Kovarex released Spell50 v11 back in 2008? :unsure:
Maybe we should be working off that version...

Here's the link:

http://www.kovarex.c.../spell50-v11.7z

Cheers,
LoneRogue
"I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing..."

Master Gamer (old school)
RPGA & Squadron Member

#49 Ragnarök

Ragnarök
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

Hello everybody!!
Someone knows where can I find the spell50 mod?? The Korarex's page doesn't run...
Greetings!

PD: Sorry about my english ;)

#50 Sai

Sai
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

I may be able to check some of my older hard drives, but for now you could always use Weimer's original version from WeiDU.org

(Does anyone still have it available?)

Edited by Sai, 31 January 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#51 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

Hello everybody!!
Someone knows where can I find the spell50 mod?? The Korarex's page doesn't run...
Greetings!

PD: Sorry about my english wink.png

It seems your are a lucky guy !

A few months ago, two players asked for it on a french forum and I had to upload it for them. You can find it here.

Enjoy !

EDIT : link updated --> https://www.dropbox..../Spell50-v11.7z

Edited by Gwendolyne, 01 February 2013 - 01:22 PM.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#52 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

The file you are looking for has been deleted or moved.

#53 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Sorry, I have forgotten my account has been updated since I uploaded that file...

Here is the good link : https://www.dropbox..../Spell50-v11.7z

I update the previous post.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#54 kovarex

kovarex
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

Hello,

I reuploaded the package back to its original location.

http://www.kovarex.c.../Spell50-v11.7z

I also merged the spanish translation and made version 12

http://www.kovarex.c.../Spell50-v12.7z

Yes, I know now, that the mod should rather modify the spells using the script language instead of just overwriting them, but I have not the time to rewrite it now, if someone wants to do it, I'm open to it.

Edited by kovarex, 14 June 2013 - 05:07 PM.