Photo

Kotor 2 Sith classes

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 outoflives

outoflives
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:16 PM

I've been browsing the forums for a while and you guys seem to know what you're talking about so which would be a good darkside character class (i've beat the game before but i feel i didn't get the full story) so any recommendations let me know.
"Idea for last song.......................... ever, killed by a troll"
Nathan Explosion
DeathKlok

"Who cares?"
Some guy on the street

"Magic cannot be used like that!" "I will tolerate your ignorance no longer!" "Find someone else to teach you the limits of magic!"
Jaheira

#2 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:50 PM

My own experience is that the Sith Lord is pretty useless; especially if you have Consular as base class. The "Dark Side Corruption" just isn't valuable enough, and if you've played as a Consular, you already have plenty of force points and power.

You're better off picking Marauder or Assassin better, depending on your play style. Marauder if you like to use your lightsaber to slaughter enemies, Assassin if you're more stealthy. Both classes have decent saves.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#3 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:47 AM

I liked the consular / marauder class. Consular gives you better use of the force powers, while marauder slaps your enemy away like a fly.
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#4 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:44 AM

*nods* Those would be similar to the Jedi combinations, yes. I've always played the game as a Consular / Marauder (or Weapon Master if you're light side). Many, many force points and force uses for the Consular, and the best beatdown feats from the Prestige Class. Really, Kotor 2 on higher levels leaves the main PC so powerful he should be able to solo everything.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:03 AM

Really, Kotor 2 on higher levels leaves the main PC so powerful he should be able to solo everything.

Yes, and what I really hate about the game, the auto leveled enemies. <_<

But I could go with Consular/Marauder. Or Jedi Guardian/Assasin.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#6 -???????????????/kotor lord>&g-

-???????????????/kotor lord>&g-

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:05 PM

My own experience is that the Sith Lord is pretty useless; especially if you have Consular as base class. The "Dark Side Corruption" just isn't valuable enough, and if you've played as a Consular, you already have plenty of force points and power.

You're better off picking Marauder or Assassin better, depending on your play style. Marauder if you like to use your lightsaber to slaughter enemies, Assassin if you're more stealthy. Both classes have decent saves.

but whatbi dont get is that whgerever iread is that it says jedi master and sith lord are slow skil prog slow featprog fast force prog (proggresion and sith assasin and jedi watchmen are average average fast
so does that mean sith assasins are better in every way??? BTWamd is jedi gaurdian and sith lord a good combo

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:14 PM

but whatbi dont get is that whgerever iread is that it says jedi master and sith lord are slow skil prog slow featprog fast force prog (proggresion and sith assasin and jedi watchmen are average average fast
so does that mean sith assasins are better in every way??? BTWamd is jedi gaurdian and sith lord a good combo

SITH FTW jedi eat ass whilke sith oiwn face

"Two there should be, no more, no less, one to embody the power, and one to crave it."-Darth Bane, the greatest sith ever

#8 -GUEST-

-GUEST-

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:15 AM

To me Sith lord is useless unless u have the right class Like guardian is good with damage so its good with maruder or assassin
the sentinal is best with Assassin or S lord
The Counsolar is best with any class that does damage like marauder and Lord :shifty: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :coolthumb: :bi: :Poke: :Poke: :cheers: :cheers: :WTF: :WTF: :new_bottom: :new_bottom: :devil: :devil: :devil: :crying: :excl: :blush: :wall: :vbat: :ph34r: :ph34r:

#9 -GUEST-

-GUEST-

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:18 AM

and by the way Sith Lord has the Force Crush which is a VERY VERY good force power to kill you enemys :shifty: :shifty: :shiTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :new_bottom: :new_bottom: :new_bottom: :new_bottom: :new_bottom: :new_bottom: :new_bottom: :new_bottom: :Tfty: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: FL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :vbat: :vbat: :vbat: :vbat: :vbat: :vbat: :vbat: :vbat: :vbat: :vbat: :vbat: :vbatall:

#10 -HK-Factory!!!!-

-HK-Factory!!!!-

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:23 AM

only i hat eis how they cut out alot alot alot of things in KoToR i meen rlly we DUN HAVE THE HK FACTOR OR VASH ALIVE IT STINK that why some1 should message obsidian to make KoToR 3 KoToR 2 but without the cut outs i meen we lsot alot good info on the KoToR story i meen alot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obsidian= :vbat: :vbat: :vbat: :vbat: :vbat: :vbat: :vbat: :vbat: :vbat: :vbat: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

#11 --Lord Ernie--

--Lord Ernie--

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:25 AM

wazzupp I THINK KoToR did lost alot of information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:34 AM

The celebration has already begun, I guess)

Retired from modding.

#13 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:46 PM

It's a little bit sad that people seem to think that the best way of celebrating New Year's is getting drunk, going on SHS and posting crap about KotOR.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#14 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:11 AM

My favourite combination is Sentinel/Weapon Master. Sentinel and you've got lots of skills as well as decent fighting ability in the first parts of the game, and with Weapon Master you skewer about anything. Marauder, if I'm dark side, but I rarely am.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#15 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:42 AM

Heh. I've played a Marauder and a Weapons Master - the Marauder ended up lightside in the end anyway. I just feel too guilty to play darkside in that game, especially when all my companions start looking like hell because of the ds influence. :D
Last game I played, I played a complete tank in Matrix armour and it was the easiest game I'd had. Consular types can be fun but it doesn't help that all the major bad guys (in this and the first KotOR) seem to be immune to most force powers.

#16 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:22 PM

This is my first foray on the Dark Side of the force in KotOR 2, and I'm steering my little Guardian towards a Sith Marauder.
But, then again, I'm not sure how long he'll last; all his companions look just plain awful, and it's breaking my heart, so I might chicken out and try and get some light side points.... :lol:
In the end, I guess it all depends on your gaming style. I like tanking through my opponents, so a Guardian with Force Jump is usually a must for me. Beyond that, I feel that the prestige classes in KotOR 2 don't really change the main direction of your character, they really just tweak it a bit.
Just my two cents. :)

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#17 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:11 AM

I prefer a Guardian/Weaponmaster character myself for RP reasons, but the Jedi Master/Sith Lord have one great appeal that's not available to the other PrCs. Specifically, they learn the force forms rather than all the weapon styles. This may not sound so impressive but having all your force powers with a duration last longer, doing extra damage with your lightning storm, and recovering force points faster during a fight, all make a big difference to how fights go. 30d6 damage with lightning storm while I've got the relevant form selected is pretty much better than anything a melee character can get.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#18 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:07 AM

Start off with a Sentinal and when the time is right go for Sith Lord. Awesome Force points plus all of the decent Force Powers are Dark Side powers. Why be a peon when you can be a Lord?
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#19 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:47 PM

I prefer Sith Lord over any of the other classes. I guess it must be the title itself.
Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#20 Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:07 AM

Force Crush: Gained by any dark side player, not exclusive to the Sith Lord.

As to the corruption ability a Sith Lord has, you can turn the majority of your characters 90-100% evil(even the good ones) through manipulation of your personal alignment and party influence gains even without the class. Each time a character gains influence they shift towards your alignment, just have to balance influence/light side gains with the available dark side gains to end with an evil party and your own character with full dark side mastery.

Because light side gains reduce you from pure dark side to something less evil, it's very very difficult to get a good character to turn 100% dark side but you can get them very very far into the red as long as you rebuild the main characters dark side mastery after each heavy light side shift.

The only character you cannot make evil is Kreia, but considering she becomes evil at the end regardless it's within the realm of possibility to have a visibly evil party by the end of the game. This requires you use unlimited dark side point glitches at least once(Citadel Station, and use the glitch prior to gaining alot of influence with Atton through the murder of the guy who catches you stealing, etc for maximum dark side shift with him).

My last game before I stopped playing for a bit I had managed to turn these characters 90-100% to the dark side before the end of the game, just by manipulating their alignments with my own during influence gains. Obviously the evil characters were easier to do since their influence gains are dark side already(and Bao-Dur's dark side influence gain on Nar Shaddaa which should be used to get your character back to dark side mastery and gain influence with him simultaneously instead of used while you are already showing a dark side mastery bonus), and helpful for rebuilding dark side mastery after a light side gain from other influence oppurtunities.

G0-T0
Hanharr
HK-47
Mandalore
Visas
Atton - Becomes as pale, and creepy as the main pc.
Bao-Dur - Looks similar to Darth Maul.

That just leaves T3, and Handmaiden to be corrupted(with the focus being on corrupting Handmaiden over T3 since G0-T0 is more useful), though it was my first time making an "evil party" so I didn't really try corrupting these two but simply ignored them, and left them on the ship. T3 may ultimately be the only character you couldn't turn evil effectively in the game without harming the PC's endgame dark side mastery(and your oppurtunity to see them amongst the sith lords on the title screen).

I can easily do without the title of Sith Lord in the game, as I don't need it to corrupt my party members. Posted Image

This of course also works in reverse to make evil characters good throughout gameplay, but I have never tried and probably never will.

Edited by Mictlantecuhtli, 07 April 2010 - 08:25 AM.

"A wise man gets more use from his enemies, than a fool from his friends." - Baltasar Gracian