Arcanum: Unofficial Patch & Extras

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:22 AM

Hmm, I might look into buying Arcanum now.

Does anyone know if there are any mods that add new followers with personalities and a fair bit of content or add more content to the existing Followers? I find it difficult to play games with bland companions, and from the info I've seen the only followers with any depth are Virgil and Raven.

Magnus (the dwarf) has depth too, definitely on par with Raven at least. Virgil probably has the most dialogue of the followers, but that's just as well, considering he's the first NPC you'll meet.

If you want more than three followers, you'll have to invest in the Charisma skill in-game anyway (it directs how many followers you can have).

#22 KIrving

KIrving
  • 244 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:20 PM

Yeah, Magnus probably ended up being my favourite character in Arcanum.
I think there might be some fixes done to the Raven romance as it was buggy in game. However there doesn't seem to be much in the way of added content for followers or additional followers. I don't know whether this is because it is particularly difficult to mod that or whether people just didn't like writing lots of dialogue.
Some of the followers are rather boring with very little dialogue.
A few years ago someone expressed interest in doing a Virgil romance but it never eventuated. :(
(I would have loved a Virgil romance!)
"I'm just here to get the job done, let someone else be on the poster." Female Commander Shepard

#23 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:47 AM

Updated the first post, and added links for Drog Black Tooth's other Arcanum additions.

#24 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:14 PM

Posting as a guest here as I'm not registered - but I would have loved to see a Virgil romance too. He's an interesting companion in any case but it would have been adding an extra dimension.

#25 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:53 AM

Drog Black Tooth has recently updated both the Unofficial Arcanum Patch and the Unofficial Arcanum Extra Pack. I strongly recommend you download both for the maximum Arcanum experience. Updated links and descriptions can be found on the first page of this thread.

#26 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:09 AM

Overhauled the first post & updated the thread name.

You should check out what's been updated, the patch and extras are getting better all the time. The 1024x768 resolution patch for Arcanum is now fully functional as well.

Also added some new components, see the links section.

Again, great work by Drog Blacktooth.

#27 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:09 AM

Why not get links to AWIP, carArcanum or my small backgrounds mod (also incorporated into AWIP 5.1). All can be found at House of Lords

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#28 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 07:54 AM

This topic is built around the Unofficial Patch, so whatever extras are linked they are all made by Drog too, as I don't intend to create an Arcanum mod list as such.

#29 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:11 AM

New entry added - High Quality Townmaps. Drog Black Tooth's latest graphical improvement is the largest one to hit Arcanum to date!

See the first post for details.

#30 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:19 AM

Updated the first post with new links: a complete and easy-to-read changelog for the Unofficial Patch and a download link for the Original Troika In-Game Cheat Mode.

#31 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:17 PM

I've overhauled the first post, and it's now fully up-to-date. Check the first post for the new descriptions etc. Here are the most major changes:

- The Extra Pack and the Original Bedokaan Lizard Model are now included in the Unofficial Patch

- The Extra Pack is now called the Extra Content Module

- The Arcanum 1024x768 Edition has been discontinued and must be uninstalled before installing the latest UAP according to Drog Black Tooth

- A lossless version of the Arcanum soundtrack is found

Edit: Deprecated link removed.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 27 December 2009 - 03:54 PM.

#32 Nuuskamuikkunen

Nuuskamuikkunen
  • 207 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:27 AM

Going to give this game a runthrough for the first time, I'll install the patch before I do.

#33 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:17 AM

February 14th note: Drog Black Tooth has posted a note where he states that he has quit working on this (Unofficial Arcanum Patch) project, so it looks like the state of the project is final as it is.

Edit: Apparently he isn't quite gone from the scene yet, so I've specified my post further.

Edit II: The development on UAP is resumed.

Edit III: Deprecated link removed.

#34 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:11 AM

April 14th note: Drog Black Tooth has released Arcanum High Resolution Patch. See the summary and the download link in the first post for more information. Quick fix: the patch supports all possible resolutions and runs on WeiDU.

#35 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:52 AM

April 25th note: The development of UAP is resumed, says Drog Black Tooth: "A new version of the UAP is in works and will be released in a few weeks."

I've updated the first post to reflect this.

#36 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:04 AM

June 25th note: Drog Black Tooth has uploaded the UAP Upcoming Changes. Among them are restored skill icons for: Combat, Thieving, Social and Technological.

#37 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:08 AM

September 24th note: Drog Black Tooth has moved his modding business exclusively to Terra Arcanum. All links have been updated accordingly.

Personally, I think this was a good move. No more Codex.

#38 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:02 AM

October 19th note: Apparently Drog Black Tooth has pulled the plug on these mods and pulled most of their links as well. All download links are broken, and the files are no longer distributed where they used to be, but you can still get them from the download links provided. The author's account at Terra Arcanum is also gone. A mysterious ending to this project... thus it ends and so do my updates.

#39 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:53 PM

December 28th note: Drog Black Tooth surprisingly posted a new version of the Unofficial Arcanum Patch [V091225] that includes his work from the past year. The changelog is included with the patch. Note that this is the end-of-line patch and everyone uses it at their own risk. I've fixed the broken DL links in this post now. I've also attached some of the files into the first post directly due to temporary/non-existent download locations. FINAL -AMS

#40 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:06 AM

The high resolution patch works at 1920x1080.

Posted Image - Posted Image
I used my HDTV to test the game out. :D