Quests with killing all enemies

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:49 AM

Fixed the Sarhedra one. Anyone have issues with any of the other four on the list?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#22 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:11 AM

Nothing heard about it, yet.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#23 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:45 PM

Excuse me for taking that issue back from slumber but I just came accross it and it answers to the "Drizzt & Gnolls" problem, one I had a year or two ago while I tested mods for BG1 'vanilla'. Not a lot, I guess; just the BaldurDash fixpack and maybe the older versions of the Unfinished Business... By that time, if I recall correctly, I wasn't successful in finding any answer or explanation but it seems to have been well explored now.
So, did the problem came from a bug in the original & unmoded game itself or was it brought by further modifications ? Because in my initial experience of the french version, I finished the game several times without a single problem in those quests requiring a specific kills or a precise number of them. And what's the current status of those problems, by now ?
Thanks in advance...
Benjamin

#24 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:51 PM

Excuse me for taking that issue back from slumber but I just came accross it and it answers to the "Drizzt & Gnolls" problem, one I had a year or two ago while I tested mods for BG1 'vanilla'. Not a lot, I guess; just the BaldurDash fixpack and maybe the older versions of the Unfinished Business... By that time, if I recall correctly, I wasn't successful in finding any answer or explanation but it seems to have been well explored now.
So, did the problem came from a bug in the original & unmoded game itself or was it brought by further modifications ? Because in my initial experience of the french version, I finished the game several times without a single problem in those quests requiring a specific kills or a precise number of them. And what's the current status of those problems, by now ?
Thanks in advance...
Benjamin

My opinion about that:

The problems with the quests depend on the original & unmoded BG1 game. BG2 has not such problems. But normally you don't see these problem if you play the original one, because of the normal balancing. But with different installed mods, the BG1 balancing is not more the same and you get higher levels and more fighting power. In such cases the problems show up. Most of such quests are fixed with the current BGT version and it could be that there exist some more with such problems and if we see one, then we try to report it at the right place.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#25 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:49 PM

I've fixed all the ones here now, but still querying the problem with Silke and provided the method for whoever maintains SoBH in the relevant thread.

However, the following quests also use what we think is the flawed method of IncrementGlobal and Die(). I'm not sure if I should bother fixing them if they aren't broken, so I need to people to report if the following quests for some reason don't get finished properly:

1. Ardrouine and killing the worgs
2. Aldeth Sashenstar and killing druids
3. Sarhedra and killing ogres
4. Aldeth and Brandilar and discovering infiltrates of the Merchant's League
5. Scar and investigating the Seven Suns

Here are the reports from Kaitech of the Mega Mod Help forum:

1. Aldeth and Seniyad bug (Cloakwood Area 1)
- Aldeth refuses to acknowledge the deaths of Seniyad and his 3 fellow druids
- fixed it with CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("KilledDruids","GLOBAL",4)

2. Gerde and the Ankheg population bug (Fishing Village)
- Gerde refuses to acknowledge the deaths of Ankhegs even though I slayed all of them
- fixed it with CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("HelpGerde","GLOBAL",1)

3. Aldeth and Brandilar doppelganger bug (Merchant League building in Baldur's Gate)
- Aldeth and Brandilar refuse to acknowledge the deaths of all the doppelgangers
- fixed it with CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("AldethDopple","GLOBAL",6)

4. Scar and Jhasso doppelganger bug (Seven Suns building in Baldur's Gate)
- Scar refuses to acknowledge the deaths of all the doppelgangers
- fixed it with CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("KilledDopple","GLOBAL",5)

The doppelganger problem was reported more than once.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 02 June 2009 - 09:50 PM.

- Chevalier

#26 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:42 AM

Thanks in advance...
Benjamin

My opinion about that:

The problems with the quests depend on the original & unmoded BG1 game. BG2 has not such problems. But normally you don't see these problem if you play the original one, because of the normal balancing. But with different installed mods, the BG1 balancing is not more the same and you get higher levels and more fighting power. In such cases the problems show up. Most of such quests are fixed with the current BGT version and it could be that there exist some more with such problems and if we see one, then we try to report it at the right place.

Greetings Leomar

QUOTE LEOMAR My opinion about that:

The problems with the quests depend on the original & unmoded BG1 game. BG2 has not such problems. But normally you don't see these problem if you play the original one, because of the normal balancing. But with different installed mods, the BG1 balancing is not more the same and you get higher levels and more fighting power. In such cases the problems show up.

Hum... Actually, I think there's more behind that since I tried several at that time to solve that problem, even by restarting a new game and going straight from Candlekeep to several of those quests, includind the Drizzt & Gnolls one. So I was seriously underpowered and even then, thinking about an issue with me killing something I shouldn't, I trie to avoid being hit while he slayed nearly all the crits... but didn't change a thing. Well, that said, maybe I was unlucky and critically blow a gnoll into pieces without noticing it...
Now, I was precisely interested in all that because I wanted to start new games on both BGs. Much great work seems to have been done by you, guys, on BGT and other mods during the couple of years I stopped checking those websites !! I'm taking a few hours to see what exists now on this site & others and after firing a new game, I'll check if those issues are still there. Thanks too for the CLUA suggestions from Ascension64... Good idear ! If players would have known them by that time, it would have saved a lot of frustration, I think...
Benjamin

#27 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:39 AM

The problems with the quests depend on the original & unmoded BG1 game. BG2 has not such problems.

This is correct in theory, but in fact I've noticed several situations where the BG2 engine will not recognise Dead()-type triggers properly. BGT has workarounds for most of these issues (the Drizzt and Sarhedra ones at least, as stated above) by extending the area scripts where they occur. If you have mods that overwrite the scripts though it will reverse the fix and in fact make things worse than the unmodded game, where you at least have a chance. We saw this recently with the Haiass mod before the v2.1 fix, and there are likely still others that do this.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#28 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:39 PM

- Gerde refuses to acknowledge the deaths of Ankhegs even though I slayed all of them

3. Aldeth and Brandilar doppelganger bug (Merchant League building in Baldur's Gate)
- Aldeth and Brandilar refuse to acknowledge the deaths of all the doppelgangers

Greetings Leomar

So all of these scenarios there has been at least one report where the situation did not progress properly?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#29 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:54 PM

5. Scar and investigating the Seven Suns

5. Scar and Jhasso doppelganger bug (Seven Suns building in Baldur's Gate)

Greetings Leomar

I'm running a plain BGT game (with only some tweaks or enhancements) and i've only got the quoted issue. I was able to complete without any issue the other quests above,

just my 2 cents,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#30 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:22 AM

Greetings Leomar

So all of these scenarios there has been at least one report where the situation did not progress properly?

3 and 4 was more than once reported. I think 1 and 2 is the first report I heard about it.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#31 -ax-

-ax-

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:58 AM

3 and 4 on two different computers with a bit different a set of mods. BGT 1.07...
"KilledDopple" and "AldethDopple" always 4 instead of 5 and 6 accordingly.

PS I apologize for my poor English.

#32 hellothar

hellothar
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:35 AM

The Paladin Bjornin in Beregost is not recognizing that I have killed the ogres he ask for. It may be another problem related to this issue.

Run into the same issue. I thought that there were more half-ogres somewhere, so I ended up going further west and then further south where I met only smaller monsters that asked me why I am killing them. Feeling sorry for poor creatures at this point I gave up searching for more half-ogres and looked up the exact location here - http://www.gamebansh...ions/ar4200.php - which basically told me that yes, indeed I have already killed half-ogres I needed to. So I went back to that same location where the only monster that attacked me was hobgoblin with two-handed sword. I found no trace of any other half-ogres.

I went back to Beregost, saved my "progress" and this time talked with my own character! instead of Imoen who has highest charisma. And what a surprise - Bjornin this time agreed that I have in fact killed half-ogres and my quest was suddenly completed.

TL;DR - killed half-ogres, went back to Beregost, talked to Bjornin with Imoen [CHA=18], he did not recognize that the quest has been completed, I went back to slaughtered half-ogres area and transformed into vacuum cleaner that looted everything to the south and west until I became disgusted with myself. Then I looked for help in teh interwebs, where I found out that I might have an unfixable bug. So I went back to that exact location there half-ogres once stood. I found there one hobgoblin, who underestimated my party seriously. Then I went back to Beregost once again, saved and talked to Bjornin with my own character [CHA=10]. This time something repaired Bjornin magically, I got the award and the quest was marked in journal as completed!

#33 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:51 PM

Had the Bjornin-problem ("fixed" by CLUA-variable) also on my last run - with an older BGT - but I forgot to report it and thought it was fixed since...

#34 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:27 AM

@hellothar: which version of BGT? Please post the textual contents of your WeiDU.log file.

--------------
Retired Modder

#35 hellothar

hellothar
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:34 AM

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.09 (8 May 10)

~SETUP-BGTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Music -> Hybrid Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v18

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v18

~BG1NPCMUSIC/BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack -> Install All Audio: v5

~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #1 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding sword)

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v2.31

#36 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:21 AM

I suppose it turned out OK in the end. I'm not sure why there was a delayed response though.

--------------
Retired Modder