• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#41 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:14 PM

Taugos doesn't need to be fixed in Vault, it just gets another weapon instead of the hammer.

I've done a new revised version of the Vault, as DSotSC. I tried to avoid quite all the original creatures that has been overwritten by the mod (just commented quite all the code because the most of them just gets more HP and stats), i toned down items (also fixed some of them) and enemies as well all around.

For those interested i have the revised version ready to be tested,

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 17 October 2009 - 03:15 PM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#42 Ancalagon el Negro

Ancalagon el Negro
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:18 AM

Hello,

I give you a review of the Spanish's translation because it had some errors that break the mod's installation.

Namárië.

Attached Files

Member of Clan REO and citizen of The Earth.

#43 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:21 AM

Another bug...

The "Vault Vampire" (jc_vam.cre) has a permanent level drain effect on his main weapon (jc_vam1.itm). More precisely it has a "change level" and "xp bonus" effect, where it should have a "level drain" effect. This makes any level drain effect he inflicts irreversible.

Temporary solution: Put the attached file in the override directory.

Attached Files

#44 --lurker--

--lurker--

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:54 PM

Another bug...

The "Vault Vampire" (jc_vam.cre) has a permanent level drain effect on his main weapon (jc_vam1.itm). More precisely it has a "change level" and "xp bonus" effect, where it should have a "level drain" effect. This makes any level drain effect he inflicts irreversible.

Temporary solution: Put the attached file in the override directory.

And you are certain this is not the original intended effect by what revelation...?

#45 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:13 PM

And you are certain this is not the original intended effect by what revelation...?

No, but it's stupid if it is.

It looks more like a remnant from a code designed for the BG1 engine. (I remember earlier versions of Dsotsc had the same problem)
The "level drain" effect didn't exist in vanilla BG1, unless I'm much mistaken, so modders had to code it like this.

#46 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:07 AM

Right now, I am playing the "return to Nashkel Mines" quest. While I find the enemies to be a little overpowered for BG1, I manage to fight them thanks to the incredibly high quantity of potions I managed to buy, so that's not a problem. I instead find a bit cheesy the traps placed right under the characters while transitioning between two areas: it forces players either to reload (or drop a no-reload challenge) 'cause of the 4x webs or fight cheese with cheese zoning back to avoid the traps effects, luring enemies to the safe area and fight them there. Luckily, I managed to do this as soon as I heard the traps firing, but I think it breaks the atmosphere the mod gives.
Would it be possible to change place to those traps, so that they are near the entrance but NOT on the party's entering point? That way, the player will still have to be careful, but won't be forced to exploit the engine's limitations to avoid traps (let's remember that the mine areas should be directly connected, so the trap should be visible from afar, with a thief actively detecting them, while right now it's not possible 'cause the areas are separate for game design; same thing for the zoning argument: the trap's effect should be present on the "safe" area as well, but it's not again for engine limitations).
I think that this little change would make sense and add to immersion.

EDIT: it seems there are also traps that a thief with 135 skill points (thanks to items) in disarm traps isn't able to detect or disarm. Is it expected?

Edited by kthxbye, 28 October 2009 - 04:16 AM.

All of the above must be considered totally IMHO.

Rose NPC and ktweaks for BG:T

#47 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:30 AM

About the traps my thief isn't able to detect: I've encountered other traps which I can detect but can't disarm. I've checked with NI, and no trap should be undetectable and/or permanent. My thief is an illusionist 8/thief 8 with 80 skill points in disarm traps, plus some items that bring that value up to 135. Still, I get the "trap not disarmed" string and the trap fires. I've tried using Imoen's Artifact (from BG1NPC) to give her +1 dexterity, and using a potion of perception (for a grand total of another 25 points of disarm trap if I remember right the bonus from high dexterity), and again I get the "trap not disarmed" string. NearInfinity says that the trap in that area varies from 90 to be detected and 90 to be disarmed, to 100 to be detected and 100 to be disarmed so I can't explain that behavior.
Also, one of the traps I couldn't disarm started triggering every 30 seconds or so, firing a fireball on the trap, while there was no one on there.

#48 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:35 AM

Last thing on this quest I swear. xD
I finished it right now and I had to move to the top-left corner to talk with the Narrator. I've checked his initdlg.bcs script, and it has a See([PC]) trigger in the block conditions so he won't start the dialogue without seeing one of the characters. I've checked if some mods modify the script, but only Rogue Rebalancing adds two blocks on top to handle pick pockets attempts. I don't think RR changes the last block too.
I'd suggest either to spawn the narrator near the main character, or change the script and make the main character "speak" with himself, using a script defined dialogue, thus not needing the narrator anymore.

#49 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:55 AM

The Crown of Fallen Kings has an invisible BAM. It can be identified and used, does not lead to CTDs, but it can't be seen in the inventory screen.

EDIT: actually, it seems that crown.itm has a BAM assigned (ICROWN.BAM) but the BAM file isn't copied in the override directory during install. I copied the file _ICROWN.BAM from the Vault/_BAM/ folder inside my override directory and renamed it ICROWN.BAM and now the crown displays an icon.

Edited by kthxbye, 30 October 2009 - 04:00 AM.

#50 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:17 PM

There is a slight bug with the Vestibule quest.
After defeating the demonknight in the vestibule, the player can either talk to Bran or go to the priest. Talking to Bran increments the variabile VestibuleBran to 1, while talking with the priest won't. After having talked with the priest, the player will never be able to increment the variable VestibuleBran to 1 since the dialogue doing that requires the variable VestibuleQuest set to 3 - while talking with the priest increments the variable to 4. After having defeated the other demon, the priest will say that Bran has something for the party but in my game he just had "nothing to say" because the dialog required VestibuleQuest to 5 (as it was) and VestibuleBran to 1 (while my was set to 0).
I'd suggest to do a SetGlobal("VestibuleBran","GLOBAL",1) while receiving the reward from the priest after having killed the demon and the wizards of Thay.

#51 Arkenor

Arkenor
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:28 PM

Is there such a thing as a proper readme for this mod anywhere? Readme-Vault.html in the rar package doesn't really say what it actually does.

The big world guide pdf just says "These new and improved items will be distributed in the various encounters in BG1. These groovy
new items, being in the possession of the enemies, will tend to make the game significantly harder
" but I gather from comments here that it is rather more than just another item pack?

Thanks for any assistance!

Edited by Arkenor, 19 November 2009 - 04:30 PM.

Arkenor Oakshadow
Ark's Ark Whois
Meddling in the affairs of modders. Modding in the affairs of genie.

#52 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:07 PM

Is there such a thing as a proper readme for this mod anywhere? Readme-Vault.html in the rar package doesn't really say what it actually does.

I'd be surprised if it didn't include an updated version of this, though I guess it is a bit spoilerish (gives you exact stats on all items). But it is a bit lean on the added quests and how you get the items.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#53 Arkenor

Arkenor
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:23 PM

I'd be surprised if it didn't include an updated version of this, though I guess it is a bit spoilerish (gives you exact stats on all items). But it is a bit lean on the added quests and how you get the items.

Ahh, thankyou. That was very useful. There's nothing like that in the rar. At least so far as I can see.

I tend to avoid mods that just add items, so was confused by the descriptions I could find as to what this one was about. Now I know there's real content in it, I'm definitely going to give it a try.

For the chaps maintaining this mod, if at some point the bits that just add extra loot to existing thing, and the bits that add new adventures could be split into separate components, that'd be particularly awesome.
Arkenor Oakshadow
Ark's Ark Whois
Meddling in the affairs of modders. Modding in the affairs of genie.

#54 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:06 AM

Hey there :cheers: So, Vault\BAM contains some bams with a naming convention that causes them to not get biffed ^_^ (NO GUILSOP.BAM, NO IBOOTFOX.BAM, NO ICROWN.BAM, NO IHAT01.BAM) They get copied to the override nevertheless, I wonder if anything even uses them :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#55 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:55 PM

Hey there Posted Image So, Vault\BAM contains some bams with a naming convention that causes them to not get biffed Posted Image (NO GUILSOP.BAM, NO IBOOTFOX.BAM, NO ICROWN.BAM, NO IHAT01.BAM) They get copied to the override nevertheless, I wonder if anything even uses them Posted Image

No. Removed.

It takes a village...

#56 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:56 PM

Last thing on this quest I swear. xD
I finished it right now and I had to move to the top-left corner to talk with the Narrator. I've checked his initdlg.bcs script, and it has a See([PC]) trigger in the block conditions so he won't start the dialogue without seeing one of the characters. I've checked if some mods modify the script, but only Rogue Rebalancing adds two blocks on top to handle pick pockets attempts. I don't think RR changes the last block too.
I'd suggest either to spawn the narrator near the main character, or change the script and make the main character "speak" with himself, using a script defined dialogue, thus not needing the narrator anymore.

Fixed.

It takes a village...

#57 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:57 PM

About the traps my thief isn't able to detect: I've encountered other traps which I can detect but can't disarm. I've checked with NI, and no trap should be undetectable and/or permanent. My thief is an illusionist 8/thief 8 with 80 skill points in disarm traps, plus some items that bring that value up to 135. Still, I get the "trap not disarmed" string and the trap fires. I've tried using Imoen's Artifact (from BG1NPC) to give her +1 dexterity, and using a potion of perception (for a grand total of another 25 points of disarm trap if I remember right the bonus from high dexterity), and again I get the "trap not disarmed" string. NearInfinity says that the trap in that area varies from 90 to be detected and 90 to be disarmed, to 100 to be detected and 100 to be disarmed so I can't explain that behavior.
Also, one of the traps I couldn't disarm started triggering every 30 seconds or so, firing a fireball on the trap, while there was no one on there.

Fixed.

It takes a village...

#58 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:01 PM

Hi there! Posted Image
As of v7.1 for BGT, the Vault can cause CTDs in the Bandit Camp area since it adds stackable items (potions, darts, arrows, etc) with 0 charges to some enemies. When the enemies tries to use those items the game freezes.
I've written a quick fix for an on-going game, can be found (along with the discussion of the problem) here: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=42751
I think for safety reasons it would be best to change all ADD_CRE_ITEM and REPLACE_CRE_ITEM (or similar? don't remember the exact command!) so that the items, if stackable, have at least one charge.

Cheers. Posted Image

You're going to need to be more specific as to what items, and what CRE files.

It takes a village...

#59 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:06 PM

Currently The Vault installs a Level 50 ruleset which causes issues for sorcerer (wrong thac0 and spell tables), i would comment out that component Posted Image

mm75

Fixed

It takes a village...

#60 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:20 PM

Hi there,
I also got the bug with Zhurlong and I think it would be fixed if the following block (in vault.d) will be changed:

APPEND ~ZHURLO~

IF ~True() Global("HelpZhurlong","GLOBAL",1) Global("ReturnNashQuest","GLOBAL",6) Global("ReturnNashQuestZhurlo","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BEGIN VLT69
SAY @167
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @168 DO ~TakePartyGold(10)~ GOTO VLT70 END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN VLT70
SAY @169
IF ~~ THEN DO ~TakePartyGold(10) SetGlobal("ReturnNashQuestZhurlo","GLOBAL",1)~ JOURNAL @170 EXIT END
END

into:

ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~ZHURLO~ 5 ~!Global("ReturnNashQuest","GLOBAL",6)~ DO 0

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ZHURLO~ 5
IF ~Global("HelpZhurlong","GLOBAL",1) Global("ReturnNashQuest","GLOBAL",6) Global("ReturnNashQuestZhurlo","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN REPLY @168 DO ~TakePartyGold(10)~ GOTO VLT70
END

APPEND ~ZHURLO~
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN VLT70
SAY @169
IF ~~ THEN DO ~TakePartyGold(10) SetGlobal("ReturnNashQuestZhurlo","GLOBAL",1)~ JOURNAL @170 EXIT END
END

I'll double-check the globals, but they are set up for intended behavior. There is probably some other part of the quest that needs clarification.

Hmm, there's only a True() Trigger in the 5th state of ZHURLO.dlg and when the first quest of Zhurlong isn't done before then the problem appears...
I've checked the problem and it worked perfectly how I've described it in my last post...

The problem isn't the Global("ReturnNashQuest","GLOBAL",6)... As I stated, when I get to that point and go over the issue in game, I will alter the dialogue as needed to make it fire properly. In the meantime, you don't want to break something else in the hope of fixing an isolated, localized problem...

Oh, now I think I got it, you will add a new dialog, right?

ADD_STATE_TRIGGER ZHURLO 4 ~GlobalLT("HelpZhurlong","GLOBAL",1)~

It takes a village...