• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:30 AM

AR3552 (north tower) : from what i have read,
Spoiler

AR3553 : a little problem with the magical door : I can enter but I cannot go out... (I have read the AR3553.BCS and the script attached to the door, so i guess i 've understand which character i have to put near the door, but it only work one way...) :
When I come from the stair, the door open
Spoiler
When I try to go out (with the same char), the script doesn't start (even the text explaining that you can't go through the door is not displayed...). If I ctrl-J this char the other side of the door, the script is launched and the door opens.
Spoiler

AR3554 : the magical door seems to work as it should
Spoiler

AR3555 : nothing for the moment... I came back
Spoiler

Edited by Fouinto, 23 August 2009 - 12:58 AM.

#22 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:50 AM

AR3556 : Monsters and traps
AR3557 : monsters and traps
AR3558 : monsters and traps
AR3559 : monsters, traps and CTD when I open the door on the left (when the trap activates)

#23 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:03 AM

AR3560 : nothing
AR3547 : some "animated sword" to kill and a magical door opened by the key obtained in the next area
AR3545 : some nasty "animated crossbow" I have found only a way to kill them : use the shield that send back arrows
AR3546 : nothing but some monsters

The end. :cheers:

#24 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:24 AM

Thanks Fouinto :new_thumbs: for offering to change your scripts and take the time to test these. Your reward was getting the most content out of the Academy than anyone else to my knowledge :D

You are the one that made this possible. Thank you :Bow:

Good luck in the rest of your game and I will upload replacement BAFs for new installs in a day or two. For now edits are fairly easy to do even with little Near Infinity skills if anyone else wants to try these.

Even if you told me so, I was VERY surprised that I had to change some text (two times) because I play in French.
If you correct all these areas the way you told me, will it also be available for others languages?

By the way, I kept all my save-game (just before entering each area) if you want to test something else.
Things that need to be fixed :
- AR3551 : left door : I can open it, but, I can't go through... (this won't prevent the game to continue)
- AR3559 : CTD when opening left door (this won't prevent the game to continue if the player doesn't touch this door)
- AR3553 : one-way door even if i choose the "good" kind of character top open it (this won't prevent the game to continue if the player doesn't go through this door. The player can also Ctrl-J to go out)

My personal opinion : By the time I have finished Kudlin, I wonder if this is a good idea to always have to fight the same monsters, it's not really funny. But I guess that it is what the mod creator wanted

#25 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

Even if you told me so, I was VERY surprised that I had to change some text (two times) because I play in French.
If you correct all these areas the way you told me, will it also be available for others languages?

That was necessary to edit in your game. Even if we both had the same languages, the dialog.tlk would be different either way; unless we had exact same installs in the same order. With the BAFs they are compiled and will depend on what the language is chosen at setup.

The BAFs are just being reordered and nothing is being changed in regards to the TRA file for the languages so all will be splendid for players around the world :hug:

Things that need to be fixed :
- AR3551 : left door : I can open it, but, I can't go through... (this won't prevent the game to continue)
- AR3559 : CTD when opening left door (this won't prevent the game to continue if the player doesn't touch this door)
- AR3553 : one-way door even if i choose the "good" kind of character top open it (this won't prevent the game to continue if the player doesn't go through this door. The player can also Ctrl-J to go out)

- AR3553 : Many of the doors have alignment checks as you have noticed but I will check this door to make sure it is reopening. Also, the script checks are in separate BCS for some of the doors themselves which makes it harder to put everything together.

- AR3559 : I will check on the CTD but it takes a little longer as that is with the .ARE itself. Is that a trapped door by any chance?

- AR3551 : that is probably the search map as I mentioned earlier, again the .ARE file.

My personal opinion : By the time I have finished Kudlin, I wonder if this is a good idea to always have to fight the same monsters, it's not really funny. But I guess that it is what the mod creator wanted

It used to be all golems almost all the time with the script bug. You will have different types depending on what the party members' levels are. The Academy opens very early in the worldmap so it could prove challenging even for a low level party.

I will reread your reports and edit the BAFs to make sure I did not leave out anything.

Cheers,

Hoppy
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#26 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:57 PM

Fixed:

http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=459982
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#27 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:29 AM

AR3553 : a little problem with the magical door : I can enter but I cannot go out... (I have read the AR3553.BCS and the script attached to the door, so i guess i 've understand which character i have to put near the door, but it only work one way...) :

I just looked at this again Fouinto and I have to believe it is not related to the scripts but the area instead. Perhaps the two proximity triggers are occupying a space that makes them too close together, i.e. on the same side of the door rather than one on each side.

That takes a little longer to fix and test but for a workaround without ctrl+j, leave the character that can bypass the ward at the same spot and enter the room with other NPC's. That way the single character will fire the script again.

Edited by Hoppy, 24 August 2009 - 04:30 AM.

- King Diamond

#28 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:41 PM

Fixed:
http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=459982

Great ! You fix problems faster I can check them :)

I just looked at this again Fouinto and I have to believe it is not related to the scripts but the area instead. Perhaps the two proximity triggers are occupying a space that makes them too close together, i.e. on the same side of the door rather than one on each side.
That takes a little longer to fix and test but for a workaround without ctrl+j, leave the character that can bypass the ward at the same spot and enter the room with other NPC's. That way the single character will fire the script again.

I also think this is an area problem, if I have time, I will try what I can do with NI (I suppose I can change the position of the area with NI editing AR3553.are).

#29 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:25 PM

I also think this is an area problem, if I have time, I will try what I can do with NI (I suppose I can change the position of the area with NI editing AR3553.are).

I am trying different things with DLTCEP as it is better for polygon editing and I will look into the one door CTD later on. Since neither are quest breakers or game breakers I will make another fixpack and add these two when I fix them.

Thanks again and I hope it was fun for you.

- King Diamond

#30 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:09 AM

I am trying different things with DLTCEP as it is better for polygon editing and I will look into the one door CTD later on. Since neither are quest breakers or game breakers I will make another fixpack and add these two when I fix them.
Thanks again and I hope it was fun for you.

Cool :)
It was fun (I had never played CtB before).

#31 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:17 AM

Guys, hello. Lots of posts and code here, sorry i did not managed to make through all of them.

I'm playing Academy Of Kuldin the second time. First time(BWP 9.1.1) was quite OK, only a single major issue: CDT on AR3559 when i opened a door.

Now i've encountered a bug with dummy bugbears wich do not transform into golems or something. They don't even attack actually. I've found a few other bugbears(in irenicus dungeon for example) they seemed to behave ok(attacked and all). Would you kindly post brief results of your research about this issue?

Some other minor issues about Academy Of Kuldin(minor spoilers below!):
x
x
x
1) Those damn celing crashes or so, when "wing buffet" is accidentally cast on every party member. I tried to find a school of "wing buffet" spell, to cast "spell immunity" but it seems to be "any school" :/ so i've managed to protect against it with "mirror image".
Mages managed to avoid damage, but priest and warrior were near death because they've taken about 100 damage(insane difficulty). how am i supposed to protect them normally?
2) That blasted place when one of my party members is randomly teleported to the top floor. Well, the idea itself seems to be ok, it's quite challenging, but how in the nine hells am i supposed to gather my party? : when i try to get them to the same floor, each one gets message "you must gather your party before venturing forth". Hell, i'm trying to gather my party! So, the only solution i managed to find was to avoid that damn teleport area by all means.
3) I remember some strange trap wich i did not manage to disarm. It seems to be strange, because it lowered my dex permanently. I managed to avoid it with spell "spell turning" or something like that, i'm not shure.

I've just started Academy Of Kuldin the second time and i'm eager to test some beta-fixes. I know BG scripting language a little, i can modify scripts myself so i hope i wont get you down.

#32 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:36 AM

Well.. I'm avoiding Academy Of Kuldin waiting for someone to post a solution to any of four problems : monster transformation, roof collapsing, teleportation, or minor trap issue. I'm using BWP 9.1.7 and CtB verion which BWS downloaded.

Edited by Suslik, 23 June 2010 - 08:39 AM.

#33 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

[quote name='Suslik' date='21 June 2010 - 08:17 AM' timestamp='1277133479' post='490415']

1) Those damn celing crashes or so, when "wing buffet" is accidentally cast on every party member. I tried to find a school of "wing buffet" spell, to cast "spell immunity" but it seems to be "any school" :/ so i've managed to protect against it with "mirror image".
[/quote]

Try using potions for for your fighters or cast spells on them via scrolls.
[/quote]

[quote name='Suslik' date='21 June 2010 - 08:17 AM' timestamp='1277133479' post='490415']
2) That blasted place when one of my party members is randomly teleported to the top floor. Well, the idea itself seems to be ok, it's quite challenging, but how in the nine hells am i supposed to gather my party? : when i try to get them to the same floor, each one gets message "you must gather your party before venturing forth". Hell, i'm trying to gather my party! So, the only solution i managed to find was to avoid that damn teleport area by all means.
[/quote]
Summons will trigger the trap enough times to make it expire so you can avoid the whole thing altogether. :)

3) I remember some strange trap wich i did not manage to disarm. It seems to be strange, because it lowered my dex permanently. I managed to avoid it with spell "spell turning" or something like that, i'm not shure.
[/quote]

Something has tweaked your spells and it causes the crash. Try the same door with less mods installed. CtB will not be the fixer in this case unless I get some sort of corrupted file evidence in the CtB area file or the CtB trap script only. You will see this in Region of Terror as well and if I find a cause either in CtB or RoT in the mods themselves then it may a solution but not if other mods are subjecting spells to changes that corrupt trap scripts. Only time will tell.

From my memory, this was happening in CtB 1.12 with Spell50, SCS 1 or 2 and BP177 in some spell magnification conglomeration and not a CtB exclusive oddity :D

For amusement sakes I will look into it again.

EDIT: What area # do the bugbears not attack? The transformation sometimes does not happen with every single one with multiple spawns and may be similar with the harpies. What level are you at if they do not transform?

Edited by Hoppy, 23 June 2010 - 01:37 PM.

- King Diamond

#34 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:37 PM

@Hoppy

Try using potions for for your fighters or cast spells on them via scrolls.

The thing is i'm not sure how to protect against it with spell. It means:
6th lvl "Spell immunity" does not work, because "Wing buffet" the spell is schoolless.
4th-9th lvl "Spell deflection" and similar do not work because the spells does not seen to be "targeted against caster".
4th-8th lvl "Globe of invulnerability" does not work because it's high-level spell.
4th lvl "Stoneskin" does not work because the damage is not as from direct hit, it's magic kind of phyical damage like "holy smite".
5th-8th lvl "Protection from weapons"(normal/magical) / Mantles do not work due to the same reasons.
2nd lvl "Mirror image" somehow works! I don't know why, it should not protect against not "targeted against caster" spells. why don't Spell deflections work then?

Summons will trigger the trap enough times to make it expire so you can avoid the whole thing altogether.

It's not a regular trap and may be triggered with summons? Well then, i'll definitely try this.

Something has tweaked your spells and it causes the crash. Try the same door with less mods installed. CtB will not be the fixer in this case unless I get some sort of corrupted file evidence in the CtB area file or the CtB trap script only. You will see this in Region of Terror as well and if I find a cause either in CtB or RoT in the mods themselves then it may a solution but not if other mods are subjecting spells to changes that corrupt trap scripts. Only time will tell.

As far as i remember this happened at the very top floor of the tower. I'll check that thing when will reach that point again(now i've just cleared a couple of first locations).

Try the same door with less mods installed.

Nonono! I've finally installed BWP with as many mods as i wanted without serious error in installation log and i'm not going to give it up that easily :)

What area # do the bugbears not attack? The transformation sometimes does not happen with every single one with multiple spawns and may be similar with the harpies.

They do not transform and do not attack at least as far as i reached. AR3543 for example. The same prob with harpies. During my previous walkthrough(which was in BWP 9.1.2 or so) there were just few of that "untransformed" bugbears, they simply did not manage to transform, because i casted timestop as soon as entered the location and started extermination. After timestop few survivors transformed into golems and it all went smooth.

Btw question. Is it a but that i cannot harm harpies neither with any of my katanas +4/+4, nor with bow +3? Are they immune to magical weapons or what? They just waste too much spells to kill, because magic seems to be the only way to kill them. Isnt it imba?

What level are you at if they do not transform?

I'm kensai13/mage22. All my party members(Imoen, Anomen, Sime) are around that too. During the previous walkthrough(BWP 9.1.2) we were around lvl 16 and all enemies transformed well.

thanks for the reply!

Edited by Suslik, 23 June 2010 - 07:42 PM.

#35 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:52 AM

/me approaching Academy of Kuldin. Need answers badly =(

Edited by Suslik, 24 June 2010 - 06:52 AM.

#36 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:11 AM

I was replying and then I lost the page so my text is gone.

Here is the short and skinny:

1) timestop disrupts the scripts and they ill not change (bugbrs, harpies) and may add to the no attack problem. I will look into the scripts some time but it isn't today or tomorrow.

2) The crash with the door @AR3559 has this trap script:

IF
	OR(2)
		Entered([ANYONE])
		Opened([ANYONE])
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		DisplayString(LastTrigger,14381) // Trap Sprung
		ForceSpell(LastTrigger,CLERIC_STORM_OF_VENGEANCE)
END

That spell is the problem and I suggest if you don't want a CTD, to find a replacement for that spell and you will see this problem elsewhere, just not in CtB. Usually it was area effect like Fire Storm, Ice Storm and this one. I was mentioning one time in Region of Terror and that is where it will happen where these spells cause CTD with trap scripts but work fine when cast normally. I don't know why and I probably never will. :huh:

3) Harpies: Try +5 weapons :lol: or any enchantment that also deals magic damage like magic fire, magic cold etc. :ph34r:

4) Ceiling collapse:

I don't know if Wing Buffet has been changed in your game but if you have many tactical mods, it probably has so this again is not CtB's priority. Try casting Protection from Magic spells and scrolls from your mage(s) and see if that helps with damage reduction. The potions (yellow and blue) may work equally as well but I don't know.

Have fun!

- King Diamond

#37 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:14 AM

1) timestop disrupts the scripts and they ill not change (bugbrs, harpies) and may add to the no attack problem. I will look into the scripts some time but it isn't today or tomorrow.

Of course it's ok that they dont transform during timestorps. The thing is:
After timestop few survivors transformed into golems and it all went smooth. //about previous walkthrough in BWP 9.1.2, lvl was about 16
It means that timestop is not the problem. In current installation(BWP 9.1.7, lvl about 24) monsters dont transform regardless of whether i cast time stop on not.

That spell is the problem and I suggest if you don't want a CTD, to find a replacement for that spell and you will see this problem elsewhere, just not in CtB. Usually it was area effect like Fire Storm, Ice Storm and this one.

i've encountered some trapped chests with ice storm, in tanner's shop for example and it went ok. but i cant remember anyone(friendly or foe) ever used "storm of vengeance". i think i'll try tinkering around with that spell, thanks.

3) Harpies: Try +5 weapons or any enchantment that also deals magic damage like magic fire, magic cold etc.

damn, imba! they are lowlvl monsters with such a strong attribute.

Try casting Protection from Magic spells and scrolls from your mage(s) and see if that helps with damage reduction.

"Protection from magic"? I don't know such a spell :( I've got "Protection from fire", "Protection from ice" and "Protection from magic energy" spell. Neither of them seems to protect against wing buffet damage :(

Have fun!

Well, i've just defended the bachelor diploma and that's exactly what i'm going to do now :)

Edited by Suslik, 24 June 2010 - 10:16 AM.

#38 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:26 PM

Of course it's ok that they dont transform during timestorps. The thing is:
After timestop few survivors transformed into golems and it all went smooth. //about previous walkthrough in BWP 9.1.2, lvl was about 16
It means that timestop is not the problem. In current installation(BWP 9.1.7, lvl about 24) monsters dont transform regardless of whether i cast time stop on not.

I don't know Suslik and these were scripts that had been changed for the first time to make things happen at least closer to the way they were in the original. Up to version 1.12, you wouldn't get demons, the ceiling didn't collapse and some doors would remain closed until these edits so I guess I didn't test them well enough, oh well.

As I said before, there are multiple creatures of the same name, death variable and script so once the script block fires, it may only fire for a certain number of them. Also there are spawn points that spawn more of the creatures after entering so they could be the ones that get messed up and could very well not have the correct scripts attributed or the blocks already fired so the new spawns don't have a proper trigger.

damn, imba! they are lowlvl monsters with such a strong attribute.

I am sorry you feel that way but harpies are extra planar creatures and they stay as is because they are killable with a low level party, just not easy and they have good XP. Feel free to make your own versions for personal use or for use with the Big World Project.

"Protection from magic"? I don't know such a spell :( I've got "Protection from fire", "Protection from ice" and "Protection from magic energy" spell. Neither of them seems to protect against wing buffet damage :(

The Prot form Magic Energy is what I meant. So it doesn't work, increase hitpoints (fortitude) somehow and dexterity/AC and maybe Resurrection. You can do it!!! Just try other things and I know you can do this without party member deaths because I have on Core Rules.

The other possibility is that Wing Buffet has been changed or enhanced by other mods which there is nothing I can do about and if you have a Tactic oriented install, I bet that is the increase damage. Can you do a changelog for that spell and I will try the script with a vanilla spell which CtB relies on. If CtB does alter the spell's damage via script, I will tone it down to be a little less murderous with other spell jacker mods.

Well, i've just defended the bachelor diploma and that's exactly what i'm going to do now :)

Sometimes, that can be a tough battle too :D

Edited by Hoppy, 24 June 2010 - 03:26 PM.

- King Diamond

#39 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:26 PM

@Hoppy
[quote]I don't know Suslik and these were scripts that had been changed for the first time to make things happen at least closer to the way they were in the original. Up to version 1.12, you wouldn't get demons, the ceiling didn't collapse and some doors would remain closed until these edits so I guess I didn't test them well enough, oh well.

As I said before, there are multiple creatures of the same name, death variable and script so once the script block fires, it may only fire for a certain number of them. Also there are spawn points that spawn more of the creatures after entering so they could be the ones that get messed up and could very well not have the correct scripts attributed or the blocks already fired so the new spawns don't have a proper trigger.[/quote]
I think if the issue is not so easily solved, i'll try you to solve it myself. I like the mod and i do wish to help you to get rid of all bugs in it. I'll inform you about my results.

[quote]I am sorry you feel that way but harpies are extra planar creatures and they stay as is because they are killable with a low level party, just not easy and they have good XP.[/quote]
i think 675xp(or around that) is very few for monsters with "protection from weapons < +4".

[quote]Feel free to make your own versions for personal use or for use with the Big World Project.[/quote]
Nonono! Of course not! Who am i to decide the game balance? I just play the rules you, guys modders, and original developers afforded. Otherwise i would feel myself cheating :)

[quote]The Prot form Magic Energy is what I meant. So it doesn't work, increase hitpoints (fortitude) somehow and dexterity/AC and maybe Resurrection. You can do it!!! Just try other things and I know you can do this without party member deaths because I have on Core Rules.[quote]
The thing is i'm playing game without taking ANY damage at all. My hobby is trying to protect my every character against any kind of damage. I've created a buff-scheme that affords to stay in center of beholders, elder orbs, hive mother and other guise for 1 round/level or so, they just are not able to pierce my protections. This is the first place i did not manage to avoid the damage at all :( Of course it's not a problem to survive this event, but i feel as if failed my small challenge :(

[quote]Can you do a changelog for that spell and I will try the script with a vanilla spell which CtB relies on. If CtB does alter the spell's damage via script, I will tone it down to be a little less murderous with other spell jacker mods.[/quote]
I think you've got far more important things to do other than wandering around with my "wing buffet" spell :D I think i'll cast "mirror image" on mages to avoid damage(as said before, it somehow DOES work agains wing buffet) and cast a heal or something on other guys.

thanks for your reply, i'll go exploring those monster-conversion scripts now. can't guarantee anything, at least i'll try to be useful.

#40 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:32 PM

The thing is i'm playing game without taking ANY damage at all. My hobby is trying to protect my every character against any kind of damage. I've created a buff-scheme that affords to stay in center of beholders, elder orbs, hive mother and other guise for 1 round/level or so, they just are not able to pierce my protections. This is the first place i did not manage to avoid the damage at all :( Of course it's not a problem to survive this event, but i feel as if failed my small challenge :(

I don't think it can be done as this type of scripted spell casting won't allow for saves as it is a ForceSpell action. I think that is how it works. Anyway, another spell with just the effect and no damage would have to be used instead and that is not the intention here and won't happen on my non existent clock.

You know you could have told me your power gamer intentions from the beginning instead of duping me into believing there was some kind of hidden bug or glitch that I spent time looking into and repeating the same answer over and over because it was a fairly simple concept to grasp but you wanted something special for you. What the deuce man? :WTF: Mod your own file.

I think if the issue is not so easily solved, i'll try you to solve it myself. I like the mod and i do wish to help you to get rid of all bugs in it. I'll inform you about my results.

You can look right at the scripts in the first few posts here as that is how they appear in your game now. I get golems appropriately and demons but sometimes bugbears spawn again so that is why I referenced a separate spawn point which will have separate area scripts. It could be that the few bugbears originally in the area spawn more from their own scripts which would mean that the change happens too late compared to the original ones that are scripted to change.

Oh I found it. It is the second spawn like in CBBGBER2.BCS. This looks at the global from the area script where the level was taken and this looks at that and says OK create a bugbear or harpy, whatever and then the next wave has no attack for the bugbears at least. I will edit those for the next version.

i think 675xp(or around that) is very few for monsters with "protection from weapons < +4".

Oh well I was wrong. You can come back at real high levels and fight spams of alu-fiends, glabrezu's and baalor's instead :devil: :lol: . Anyway spells and wands work as well as any item that does magic damage separate from the enchantment. Plus harpies have undroppable Kangaaz rings! :lol: :woot:

Edited by Hoppy, 24 June 2010 - 05:39 PM.

- King Diamond