Photo

Comments for... the FAQ for the Megamods.

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#81 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:45 AM

Near Infinity launchers: using start javaw -Xmx1024M -jar NearInfinity.jar removes the DOS prompt from the desktop and task bar.

After not even knowing what the original file was actually made for... :whistling:
I now almost might think that ....
Anyway, THANKS, it now works as it was meant toat least on Windows 7. :Bow:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 October 2010 - 10:49 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#82 Gray Mouser

Gray Mouser
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:21 AM

I would like to run Shadows over Soubar, The Darkest Day, And Tortured Souls concurrently.

My method to install them manualy was flawed, or there is a bug I can't find in any of their respective help sections.

The relentlessy annoying bug is where a PC induced conversation, or an NPC induced banter fails to correctly terminate. Although no dialogue box is left up, the game still thinks it is in dialogue mode resulting in crippling limmitation of party movements and not being allowed to sleep.

Someone with expertise please help me get these 3 working together so I can proudly become a member of clan Megamod.

PS. Is Th Big Picture essential for compatibility, because I would like to avoid the unrealisticaly badass mages it seemed to add with their endless supply of 6-spell contingecies.
Boo says, "I've been biffed in the scrote!"

#83 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

I would like to run Shadows over Soubar, The Darkest Day, And Tortured Souls concurrently.
PS. Is Th Big Picture essential for compatibility

No, but the BiG World Projects Fixpack, the (G3)BG2Fixpack, the BP-BGT-Worldmap are... my advice goes like this: Just download this if you use PC and English/German/Spanish language... you are quite done well on your way to successful install.

The TDD needs to be the v1.13 or later...
The Shadows over S... needs to be v1.13 or later...
The Tortured Souls also needs to be the TS-BP 6.10 -versio, not the v7.04... because that was never made compatible with much anything.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 October 2010 - 02:05 PM.

#84 Gray Mouser

Gray Mouser
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

PS. Is Th Big Picture essential for compatibility

No, but the BiG World Projects Fixpack, the (G3)BG2Fixpack, the BP-BGT-Worldmap are... my advice goes like this: Just download this if you use PC and English/German/Spanish language... you are quite done well on your way to successful install.

The TDD needs to be the v1.13 or later...
The Shadows over S... needs to be v1.13 or later...
The Tortured Souls also needs to be the TS-BP 6.10 -versio, not the v7.04... because that was never made compatible with much anything.

*Sigh*

I've had it with BWP...It never works right for me...In the last instance it nuked my Chitin.key, totaly romoved from directory...gone - halfway through installing and I just haven't got the patience for it to run hours only to ultimately screw up my game.

It has become increasingly apearant that in order to get the big world I'm wanting I will have to dedicate the time and effort to gain a P.H.D in infinity engine modding.

#85 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:34 AM

*Sigh*
I've had it with BWP...It never works right for me...

Did you actually even try the BWS ?

#86 Gray Mouser

Gray Mouser
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

*Sigh*
I've had it with BWP...It never works right for me...

Did you actually even try the BWS ?

Please pardon my miscegenation of similar acronyms...yes, BWS was the one that has caused me to pull my hair out....I followed the instructions to a T. I'm pretty sure that at no point in the BWS install should your chitin.key disappear. (and other reported failures).

I just want to get SOS, TS, and TDD running in unison....BiG World Setup has failed every time.

You seem to have great knowledge of the Infinity Engine, so is there anything wrong with this scenario

1. Clean and patched - 2. extract BG Fixpack, SOS, TS, TDD along with the BP Map mod (map extracted first, not installed) -
3. run in this order -

a: BiG World Fixpack
b: BG Fixpack
c: sos, tdd, ts
d: Finlay, run the pre-extracted, BP map mod setup

???????

if you wish to complicate matters, throw in Rouge Rebalancing, infinite animations and 1pp and whatever mod you most reccomend to hack the .exe for more class kits :woot:

#87 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:39 PM

1. Clean and patched(26498) - full installs of both SoA & ToB.
2. extract BG Fixpack, SOS, TS, TDD along with the BP Map mod (map extracted first, not installed) + all the other mods, the Infinity Animations is a bit more tricky as you need to extract all the files into the one install folder...
3. Delete the setup-*modname*.exe's and extract this(it's direct download link) and copy/cut-paste the WeiDU.exe from the archive and rename it as the setup-*modname*.exe's you just deleted.
. Run in this order -

b1: 1pp :whistling:
c: sos, tdd, TS-BPv6.10 (not any other), on a note on this you cannot by default install all the kits they have, this manual gives clues on how to do that...
d: Rouge Rebalancing, Infinity Animations
e
: Finlay, run the pre-extracted, BP map mod setup
The optional mods...
f: Kit mods.
g: Generalized biffing
h: Widescreen Mod a direct download link.
i: TobEx

That will probably do. Did you notice how I love this colour ? :wub:

The WeiDU.exe v22200 shouldn't have the error the v22100 had. :whistling:

You seem to have great knowledge of the Infinity Engine, so is there anything wrong with this scenario

Well, when you spend as much time on sites like this as I have, you better hope you have some knowledge, or your life is really hollow.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 28 October 2010 - 01:21 PM.

#88 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:33 PM

@Install order
If you just can't get the BWS to work for you, I'd still use the installation instructions from the latest BIG World.pdf found in THIS category.

Your installation order is then as follows:
1. Full install of BG1 and BG2 with both addons
2. Apply patch 5512 for BG1+TotSC and 26498 for BG2+ToB if necessary
3. Extract the mods you wish to install to your BG2 directory (including WeiDU, also copy WeiDU.exe to your BG2 directory)
4. Run BiG World Fixpack
5. Follow installation instructions in the pdf

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#89 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:34 PM

5. Follow installation instructions in the pdf

The above is almost the same thing...

And yes, the answer #2(.4) was updated, yet again... bite that flinx.

#90 Gray Mouser

Gray Mouser
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:20 AM

1. Clean and patched(26498) - full installs of both SoA & ToB.
2. extract BG Fixpack, SOS, TS, TDD along with the BP Map mod (map extracted first, not installed) + all the other mods, the Infinity Animations is a bit more tricky as you need to extract all the files into the one install folder...
3. Delete the setup-*modname*.exe's and extract this(it's direct download link) and copy/cut-paste the WeiDU.exe from the archive and rename it as the setup-*modname*.exe's you just deleted.
. Run in this order -

b1: 1pp :whistling:
c: sos, tdd, TS-BPv6.10 (not any other), on a note on this you cannot by default install all the kits they have, this manual gives clues on how to do that...
d: Rouge Rebalancing, Infinity Animations
e
: Finlay, run the pre-extracted, BP map mod setup
The optional mods...
f: Kit mods.
g: Generalized biffing
h: Widescreen Mod a direct download link.
i: TobEx

That will probably do. Did you notice how I love this colour ? :wub:

The WeiDU.exe v22200 shouldn't have the error the v22100 had. :whistling:

Well, when you spend as much time on sites like this as I have, you better hope you have some knowledge, or your life is really hollow.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the reason for installing ToBex last...it seems counterintuative...I mean...It seems like you would want space for all the class kits BEFORE you ran the TDD, TS, and SOS installs that added all these kits.

#91 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:55 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the reason for installing ToBex last...it seems counterintuative...I mean...It seems like you would want space for all the class kits BEFORE you ran the TDD, TS, and SOS installs that added all these kits.

Well, if you read the download links text, you'll notice that it's a beta... making it less tested than the kits for example. Now the game can by default have as many kits as one wishes, but the interface can only give the option to choose 10 in the kit selection Graphical User Interface, unless you install the TobEx which gives you a GUI button to push that scrolls the kit selection beyond the 10.

#92 Gray Mouser

Gray Mouser
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:38 AM

Well, if you read the download links text, you'll notice that it's a beta... making it less tested than the kits for example. Now the game can by default have as many kits as one wishes, but the interface can only give the option to choose 10 in the kit selection Graphical User Interface, unless you install the TobEx which gives you a GUI button to push that scrolls the kit selection beyond the 10.

So, the limmitation is in the DISPLAYIN of kits to chose from....they are already there, you just can't see them....and ToBex let's you scroll to see them....am I getting this right?

Do you personaly know of any kits that have duplicate filenames? Does the infinity engine auto index all the kits giving them unique indexes?

#93 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:59 AM

So, the limitation is in the DISPLAYING of kits to chose from....they are already there, you just can't see them....and ToBex let's you scroll to see them....am I getting this right?

Yes.
Well, the TobEx also enables the creature files to have more than the original restricted amount of the possible kit that was the 255, minus a few.

Do you personally know of any kits that have duplicate filenames? Does the infinity engine auto index all the kits giving them unique indexes?

Well, it depends on the mod, but mostly the kits are assigned unique resources, but there are situations where the game might understand a custom kit from one mod to be a custom kit from another mod(if the assigned kit identifiers have the exact 8 letter long custom identifier), but in those cases the most likely reason is that the kits are the same...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 29 October 2010 - 11:00 AM.

#94 -Durac11-

-Durac11-

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:37 PM

Hi there, I've got a problem with installing patch 26498 to my BG2 - SoA folder. I downloaded the patch from BioWare, but it never told me exactly how to send it to a specific folder. After I dowloaded and installed the patch, the loader refused to acknowledge it. Is this some kind of technical issue or is it a common occurance? Any help you can offer to get me past this would be appreciated.

#95 -Durac11-

-Durac11-

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:59 PM

Nevermind, I figured it out.

#96 -Durac11-

-Durac11-

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:26 PM

Hey, one more thing: after I downloaded the entire megamod, I found out that it needs the ToB CD to work. I got my BG stuff off of gog.com, so I don't have the CD's. How can I fix this, if possible?

Thanks for helping out a dunce like me. It's probably in the FAQ section somewhere, but I didn't notice it.

#97 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:28 PM

Because I don't want to presume anything, I would like to know, how you solved it... well, I actually did presumed, but never mind that.

#98 -Durac11-

-Durac11-

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:36 PM

Because I don't want to presume anything, I would like to know, how you solved it... well, I actually did presumed, but never mind that.

I found out that the patch installer had sent the necessary files directly to my C:\ drive. It was then a simple matter of moving the files to SoA folder, and overwriting the old files that the patch files would replace.

#99 -Jonathan King-

-Jonathan King-

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

Game crashes when i try resting.. any reason why? I have most of the mega-mods installed along with the BTG=Weido and the map mod... (if this is the wrong place for this sorry, i couldnt use the search engine because of errors)

#100 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:09 AM

Game crashes when i try resting.. any reason why? I have most of the mega-mods installed along with the BTG=Weido and the map mod...

Well, there's several reasons why the game might crash, one of the is an install order and the proper fixes that need to be applied during the install process, there is tons of them, that the Modifiable but_still Automatic Setup of the BWS applies/should apply automatically, so did you use the BWS ?

(if this is the wrong place for this sorry, i couldnt use the search engine because of errors)

Well, this is a bit wrong place to sort out a single problem like that, but anyway, if you read the whole of the FAQ for the Megamods, you also find the answer 14, which is about the forum search.