82 replies to this topic

#61 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:45 AM

a) I merged the threads.
b) please, there's no need to fight. User might have told you to post your problem in TotDG forums, but there's always a "Bug thread" for that kind of issues.
c) It's an usual problem I wrote about couple of times. You can try 2 ways of solving it: Run game, create any save and try again. Installer might have not found save game directory. It tries to update saves which - in your situation - does not exist. The other way is choosing option not to add the area to worldmap. Mod is going to work fine anyway.

#62 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:05 AM

c) It's an usual problem I wrote about couple of times. You can try 2 ways of solving it: Run game, create any save and try again. Installer might have not found save game directory. It tries to update saves which - in your situation - does not exist. The other way is choosing option not to add the area to worldmap. Mod is going to work fine anyway.

You can add the line
MKDIR save
somewhere before invoking sc#addWmpAre and this problem won't occur. MKDIR does nothing if the directory already exists, but creates it otherwise.

#63 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:12 AM

Thanks! Will add it in few days and uplodad the new version :) Maybe I'll find some time tomorrow :)

#64 -limalama-

-limalama-

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:37 AM

Hi,

I have a little problem with the wizard in the Government District.
I have got all the items in order to complete his riddle/contest but when I go back to him I am unable to take to him - it says he is busy everytime I try.
I am in chapter 6 - just defeated Bohdi (wanted to wait for this until I had Imoen :P)
I am going to try and reinstall the mod today when I get home from work but in the meantime wondered if there was anything I could do to get him to talk to me.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Limalama

#65 -limalama-

-limalama-

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:15 AM

Just a little update - have reinstalled the mod but still same thing is happening - can't talk to the wizard

#66 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

Are you sure you've got all 4 items?
Check this:
CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("DeepGardenTasks","GLOBAL")

If it's set to 2, it should work. If it's 1, it means something is missing.
And btw - the problem is really strange.

#67 -Limalama-

-Limalama-

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

Global is set to 2.
Have the skull, scalp, bottle of wine and heart.

So I dunno what I've done :s

I really enjoyed The White Queen and Innershade tho!

#68 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

Hmm, have you rested after entering the district, before talking to the mage? If yes, that would be the reason.
Try using:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DeepGardenTaskTimer","GLOBAL",100)

and talk to him, but if it doesn't work, then use

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DeepGardenTaskTimer","GLOBAL",10000)

and then talk to him

not sure if it's going to work, though...

And well - thank you.

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 31 March 2012 - 12:27 AM.

#69 -Kim-

-Kim-

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

Hi,

I've just finished TofDG, or at least I think I have... I've found all ten colours, brought them to the elder etc. etc. After a short scene I was returned to the government district. From that point I got a "your worldmap is been updated" but nothing new has appeared. Also, all the journal entries are updated and placed in 'done quests' but one "deep gardens: preludium".

That still existing journal entry, plus the worldmap update, gives me the idea I'm not quite done?? Don't know if that's true though. :)

#70 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:17 AM

That still existing journal entry, plus the worldmap update, gives me the idea I'm not quite done?? Don't know if that's true though.

Nah, it's the end :) I suppose the left entry is a small bug. The map update deleted Deep Gardens from your Worldmpa. It was added for the time of presence in the new area :)

I hope you enjoyed the mod :)

#71 Ithildur

Ithildur
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:12 AM

Upon returning to Athkala from the Deep Gardens, I'm getting an infinite number of Amber color ring spawning continuously.

#72 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:38 AM

Any more details? Which game is that? EE or the old BG2? Actually I think it's some kind of random bug... The same script that adds the new Amber Rose destroys the old one. If you want, try dropping the old one and DO NOT PICK IT UP. That should do. I will investigate the bug later.

BTW -- this is the Innershade bug thread. There is a different one for TotDG.

EDIT: moved

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 02 December 2013 - 06:40 AM.

#73 ibanix

ibanix
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

SPOILERS AHEAD 

So I started the Troubled Man quest, talked to the guy in Yellow, met him in the Red garden, fought and killed him and his guys, and never got the colour Yellow; all I got was a yellow mace. Bug yes/no?

#74 ibanix

ibanix
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

A reload and re-fight solved the lack of Yellow. There's def a possibility it won't add into inventory, but I guess it's not common.

Anyways, here are spelling errors found:

0xAL2DG.tra: @9    = ~Can I see  ----> wht's   <------ in your bag?  Do you have any colours in there?~

0xAlchDG.tra: @4    = ~No... You do not understand... I was asking about the Colours... and you... you say about colour... the Colours are something... more... Return to ---> me me  <---- when you understand that...~

0xComXDG.tra: @6    = ~I do not see you... Am I blind...? I do not know... Is blindness a Colour? Maybe blindness has it's own Shade... It is too difficult for me to know... But... Where are the eyes...?~     (should be "its" not "it's")

0xELDDG.tra: @11   = ~Now go... If you are in need of help, find my friend near the ---> cirle <---- of stones... He may guide you and tell you something... something about our Gardens...~ 

0xGIRLDG.tra: @10   = ~The world I come from is above this one, I think... There are cities full of people, forests full of animals: ferocious bears, harmless deer, birds full of song. There are many different creatures... Elves, humans, dwarves, gnomes, orcs, dragons... And there is an ----> abudance <---- of vegetation. Towering trees, tiny blossoms, green grass in which little bugs live. We have no Essences like you have here...~

0xGUIDG.tra: @6    = ~My name is none of your concern. Am I ---> sill <--- in Faerun?~

also

@17   = ~I do not have any ---> questiouns <---- now.~

0xLOV1DG.tra: @9    = ~The choice is made... (Gentle Touch puts his hand on your cheek. His touch is soft.) You can talk with me from time to time... I do like you... You are different... Like blossoms on the Green Tree... (His eyes look deeply into yours. They are like a ---> mistery  <---- you cannot read.)~

also

@20   = ~I am sorry, Colour's Shade... I do understand that. We should do something different now... We should know  ---> eachother... <----- ~

also

@30   = ~I won't stop you... I ----> cant...   <---- ~

also

@36   = ~Many of us... of the people who live here... We have problems with our memory... The reason is unknown... We do not know... ---> Noone...   <--- ~ 

'Noone' seems to show up all over the place. If on purpose, well, it was distracting. 

also 

@200  = ~I beg you...! No more words... No more gazes... It is ---> to <---- hard for me... It is... I do not want you to leave, but it is the reason why I can't let you stay here... Why I want you to wake up...~  ('too' not 'to')  (also @217)

There are more; all the .tra files should be run through a spell checker, I think.

#75 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

Installed this after starting the bg2ee game with large bunch of mods on top of it, so, no Mysterious wizard in government district. However, I did find wine, heart and skull. No scalp west of Copper cornet.. 

Can't find clua for scalp and Mysterious wizard. Could you please help with that? Thanx!

#76 -Ithron-

-Ithron-

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

Is there CLUA command for the Mysterious wizard? Or I can just try teleporting to mod areas and quest scripts will pick up from there?

#77 -Eetheart-

-Eetheart-

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

I killed the Red Wrath, retrieved the red colour, but when I go up to talk to the Man on the east side of the main cave, there's no extra option. I've already done silver and gold, green and blue. All I need is the yellow color. Any ideas?

#78 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:27 PM

I killed the Red Wrath, retrieved the red colour, but when I go up to talk to the Man on the east side of the main cave, there's no extra option. I've already done silver and gold, green and blue. All I need is the yellow color. Any ideas?

Talk to one of the people on the left side, he'll mention that yellow is his favorite colour, and that the one person that has it doesn't like to share. This second individual is somewhat hidden,

Spoiler

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#79 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:14 AM

Thank you Daulmakan. I wasn't able to find yellow color until I read your suggestion... :D

Edited by Sergio, 27 July 2014 - 07:15 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#80 TheStormofWar

TheStormofWar
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:23 AM

I ran into a false positive with Norton AV Online while working with another mod.  I was removing Chloe (to clean up some dialog.tlk issues) and Norton flagged both TotDG and Yvette's setup files as ws.reputation.1.  That struck me as weird, so I checked into it and it's Norton's way of saying "a friend of a friend of a friend told me this was horrible." 

To be safe, I executed individual and full system scans with both Norton AV, Power Eraser, and Microsoft Security Essentials.  Everything, including these mods, is clean. 

I'd suggest turning off your security software's Auto-Protect features while installing these (and other) mods to prevent the rather annoying pop-ups.  

To be clear, these files ARE safe, but your anti-virus software might flag them incorrectly.