Photo

Fixes for the BiG fixpack

• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#361 Arkenor

Arkenor
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:47 AM

Wow! loads of freaky stuff in there! :D Thanks a lot for uploading that!

Major problem seems to be this:

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 22000
[WeiDU.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
WARNING: unable to open [temp/0/UNINSTALL.0]: Sys_error("temp/0/UNINSTALL.0: Permission denied")
      Will be unable to UNINSTALL later.
ERROR: Sys_error("temp/0/ARGS.0: Permission denied")
PLEASE email the file nul to me
Automatically Skipping [creature offset checker] because of error.
... and I'm still on line 1200 out of 500000 :wacko:

PS: Would the new WeiDU version have something to do with this?? I remember the offset checker borked in another WeiDU version (which got fixed in the next version though :P)

Also, Arkenor, are all the mods you're using the latest versions??

They're whatever version the downloader has provided.

I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from my logs, if they seem odd. I do have a tendency to fiddle and modify things to my own liking and for ease of install that may be causing that. You might want to wait for the logs of someone less meddlesome!
Arkenor Oakshadow
Ark's Ark Whois
Meddling in the affairs of modders. Modding in the affairs of genie.

#362 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:02 AM

lol :P

But it does show that there are redundant patches for SCS, SCSII and item upgrade in the fixpack :D and also some freaky stuff that might be genuine problems but might need some other logs too ...

Thanks though :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#363 Arkenor

Arkenor
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:05 AM

lol :P

But it does show that there are redundant patches for SCS, SCSII and item upgrade in the fixpack :D and also some freaky stuff that might be genuine problems but might need some other logs too ...

Thanks though :cheers:

That may be due to some of my antics. I've just started a proper clean install, to make sure I'm not leading you astray. Will post the log from that when it's done.
Arkenor Oakshadow
Ark's Ark Whois

#364 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:12 AM

Danke man! :coolthumb:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#365 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:17 AM

Since you and Leomar have been absent, there have not been beta-releases in last few months (?).
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#366 Arkenor

Arkenor
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:24 AM

One thing I've noticed is that Infinity Animations settings are not saved within the setup program. I always have to add them after loading my mod selection.

Edit: hmm, and this is the wrong thread to mention that. Nevermind! My fresh install logs should be with you in a few minutes. They still look a bit troubled, so you should find something to play with in them.

Edited by Arkenor, 10 September 2010 - 03:27 AM.

Arkenor Oakshadow
Ark's Ark Whois

#367 Arkenor

Arkenor
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:38 AM

Here we go. Let me know if you want any specific debug logs or anything else.

Attached Files

Edited by Arkenor, 10 September 2010 - 03:39 AM.

Arkenor Oakshadow
Ark's Ark Whois

#368 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:21 AM

This one has the same errors but the install was flawless :) The failed offset patching might lead to CtDs in the BGI part of the game when those creatures show up though :P Thanks!

Might wanna report this to the WeiDU forums (for lack of a better place to report this :P)
[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 22000
[WeiDU.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
WARNING: unable to open [temp/0/UNINSTALL.0]: Sys_error("temp/0/UNINSTALL.0: Permission denied")
      Will be unable to UNINSTALL later.
ERROR: Sys_error("temp/0/ARGS.0: Permission denied")
PLEASE email the file nul to me
Automatically Skipping [creature offset checker] because of error.

Also, lets start with the gravy train again :D

thebigg's ToBEx soundset subtitle stuff
Fix: here

Some stuff from 2 months back I forgot to upload :P
Fix: Might be a fixed icon on these items from kelsey and theUndying

Attached Files

#369 Arkenor

Arkenor
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:32 AM

Is it up to date with the spell revisions hotfixes? Last update to that was August 23rd. http://forums.gibber...showtopic=18487
Arkenor Oakshadow
Ark's Ark Whois

#370 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:00 AM

@Arkenor: You might wanna have a glance at this thread about the cre offset thing :) More importantly, are you on OSX??

#371 Arkenor

Arkenor
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:06 PM

@Arkenor: You might wanna have a glance at this thread about the cre offset thing :) More importantly, are you on OSX??

Windows 7. It's certainly made the install peskier than it used to be, with me needing to extract some packages by hand, even with turning off the overzealous security.

However, it's not the culprit on this occasion. I have a temp/0/ folder. I guess getting a log from someone who is not me might be quite useful in narrowing this down. I surely can't be the only person who's run an install in the last few days!

Item Randomisation got some hotfixes today: http://forums.gibber...topic=20950&hl=

Edited by Arkenor, 10 September 2010 - 06:57 PM.

Arkenor Oakshadow
Ark's Ark Whois

#372 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:25 PM

Probably want to include Turambar's fixes if it isn't already.

I have a temp/0/ folder. I guess getting a log from someone who is not me might be quite useful in narrowing this down.

Did you mess with the creature offset checker code? Or did you have antivirus running during the install? If not and it's not a Win7 thing (which is what it appears) then it could be a WeiDU error I suppose.

Edited by Miloch, 10 September 2010 - 06:25 PM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#373 Arkenor

Arkenor
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:33 PM

Probably want to include Turambar's fixes if it isn't already.

I have a temp/0/ folder. I guess getting a log from someone who is not me might be quite useful in narrowing this down.

Did you mess with the creature offset checker code? Or did you have antivirus running during the install? If not and it's not a Win7 thing (which is what it appears) then it could be a WeiDU error I suppose.

I have not messed with the creature offset checker code. That's the sort of thing I would have mentioned specifically in this situation.

Why do you think it's a Windows 7 issue?
Arkenor Oakshadow
Ark's Ark Whois

#374 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:48 PM

Have a look at the PPG thread I linked ;) thebigg said (before the super powerful ass-raping donkey reference :P) that OSX had problems with files of a certain type, could be that Win7 uses something similar :unsure:

(hurr durr durr macrohard stealin from osx lololol :D)

And for as per the no-pointless post policy,

Randomizer v5 hotfix
Fix: here

Edited by Lollorian, 10 September 2010 - 08:48 PM.

#375 Arkenor

Arkenor
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:57 PM

Have a look at the PPG thread I linked ;) thebigg said (before the super powerful ass-raping donkey reference :P) that OSX had problems with files of a certain type, could be that Win7 uses something similar :unsure:

I read it. the Bigg said

OTOH, if temp or temp/0 is a regular file, WeiDU might barf out with a similar message. In fact, a well known bug on OSX is that temp is a regular file, so that might be the cause of the problem.

That's very Mac specific, and will have no bearing on a PC. And as I mentioned there, I have a perfectly good temp/0 folder. It was created fine. In fact I'm going to zip it up and attach it here to prove it! Perhaps its contents may be some clue.

Hmm, scratch that. Uploading is unnecessary. It's definitely a clue. There's a file called uninstall.0 (and an args.0, mappings.0, move.0, and readln.0)in it, and for some reason they're all marked as read-only. It must have been left over from a previous install, even though I used the BWP-setup's "Restore" option. Unsurprisingly I suppose if they were read-only. Question is, how did it end up that way?

Edited by Arkenor, 10 September 2010 - 10:09 PM.

Arkenor Oakshadow
Ark's Ark Whois

#376 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:27 PM

The only connection between "previous install" and "read-only" I can think of is the fact that the BWPCleanup.bat used to make files read-only so that they're not deleted, but it also used to remove the -r flag after deletion ... :unsure:

Also ...

@BWP guys (aka dabus :P): How are patches being made these days?? Will someone support the beta fixpack?? I'll try to help with the fix collecting in this thread like before :)

#377 Arkenor

Arkenor
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:31 PM

I suppose it might be something funky going on with Win 7, though it hasn't made any other files read-only. Needs getting to the bottom of, at any rate, as an ever increasing number of users are going to be using Win 7.

Before someone asks, no, my BG2 installs do not live in the "Program Files" directory.

I have a fresh install underway (my first one using the beta-setup). Having deleted the files from temp/0, the creature fixer looks to have worked just fine. Will post the logs when it's done. (Edit: Eek. Remembered to delete empty_override.bat just in time, before it mangled me again)

Edited by Arkenor, 10 September 2010 - 11:36 PM.

Arkenor Oakshadow
Ark's Ark Whois

#378 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:05 AM

@Lol:
As said in another thread: Betas died when you and Leomar were absent for personal reasons.
I've never done patches, maybe Leomar will reply to an email after a few days. Maybe you just try to mail him or Leonardo.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#379 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:19 AM

That's a pity :crying: I dunno how to create the pathes either (much less how the "_copy", "_depend" and other stuff in the fixpack works :P)

But this thread can still serve its purpose :D Like ... how about NOW!

Suggestion: Someone may want to pick up BP-Balancer or fix the requirements for the installation.

Also found that the fixpack patch for Tactics checked for BPv179 ;) Both files in the attached package :cheers:

Attached Files

#380 -Fennek-

-Fennek-

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:21 AM

Yeah, probably best to tell Leonardo. And another reason why there are no further beta versions of the fixpack might be, that simply not many fixes were made. Mods got updates and problems were solved (see SCSII etc.) or we are trying to solve them (see TDD-thread, regarding TS25minimod), but not (that) much for the fixpack. I think... :whistling: