Photo

Fixes for the BiG fixpack

• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#461 Igneous

Igneous
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:21 PM

One nice thing about the functions is that they're coded with self-initialising variables, whereas the macros are not. The limited scope of variables within functions is also very convenient, but not particularly relevant here.

Ahh, that explains it. Thanks for the elucidation, Wisp. :)

#462 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:23 PM

Igneous' Kelsey PfME fix ... now with FUNCTIONs :woot:
Fix: here

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#463 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:24 PM

If anyone comes up with a good way of reconverting old Detectable Spells components and the old way of spell overwrites, it would be way cool if they could share the automation/task work. JCompton over at PPG has expressed interest in a Kelsey update that uses modern methods, and I know there are a bunch of decent older mods that used the best practices of the time that used pre-comiled .bcs and DS (so overwrites of both spells and STATS.IDS).

I thought DavidW already did this (perhaps a year or so ago) based on data on the G3 wiki? Anyway, that's the DS version used in both SCSes and some other mods like Revised Battles, maybe RR etc. Might want to check it out.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#464 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:31 AM

CamDawg's fixed strings for BG2Tweaks

pol's misc SCSII fixes

EDIT: Added pol's Hive Mother fix (same link)

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 18 December 2010 - 07:22 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#465 -vall-

-vall-

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:53 PM

i need help i get amber then she leaves the party instantly

#466 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:29 AM

Heya vali! Might I suggest asking in Amber's forum? :) Or maybe create another thread in this forum with some more details about your problem? (like what dialogue does she say before leaving? How did you meet her? etc) :cheers:

Anyway, fixes for the week :D

Raj's SCSII duplicate Elder Orb
Fix: Changed UDELDER2 -> UDELDER

CamDawg's Haer'Dalis n Dewny getting too close for comfort
Fix: Changed Dewny's initial spawn coords from 396.335 to 444.372

Wisp's Jaheira-thinks-about-CHARNAME's-Imoen-dreams-rather-than-her-own-curse fix :D
Fix: here (attached file is cumulative with the old fixes)

Also:

Ajocmod's fix patches too many lines adding blank spaces & gavin_bg2's fix doesn't seem to be the most up-to-date one :unsure:

Attached Files

#467 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:09 AM

Lollorian, you can remove the fix pertaining to this from the BWP as it is fixed in TDD 1.14 universally.

EDIT: Except for BWL since it is done. My powers are so immense that I crashed the server. :lol:

Edited by Hoppy, 21 December 2010 - 09:37 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#468 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:43 AM

Ok, some regexes for
"astHeard
"astSee
"yself
"asttrig
"astAttac
"layer
had me changing borked Dead() and Name() functions to use BG2Fixpack's STATE_REALLY_DEAD again :D So here's a bunch ...

But first, CamDawg's BG2Fixpack CoC Exploit fixx thingy

PS: Ascension-WeiDU is no longer in the BWP per se but ... I found its fixes in the BWPFixpack 9.6 so here's that fixed file :P

PS2: TheUndying no longer uses the CMSORA3.baf file whose fix is present in the BWPFixpack

PS3: Why do I get the feeling that I'd already uploaded these fixes for Vecna? :unsure:

PSP: Hey, look ... it's the entire playstation line! :D :P

Attached Files

#469 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:52 AM

DavidW's widescreen mod coordinate loop fix

Attached Files

#470 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:20 AM

Item Upgrade Crom (and Cespy) turning elemental staves to ring fix
Fix: c2ring03 -> c2staf01 :P

Also ... this is the full update to ItemUpgrade v38a if anyone needs it without the BWPFixpack :cheers:

Attached Files

#471 infiniteninjas

infiniteninjas
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:26 AM

Time for moar fixes :D

Gavin_BG2 -> mentioned here

Kiara-Zaiya -> similar to Gavin at line 567

ToA -> the cutscene mentioned here should run properly now :coolthumb: (also v2.1 gobbled up the english translation somehow :lol: if you consider reupping with the english tra's, please consider including this setup.tra :D)

Also, waiting for a reply regarding this seemingly freaky block of code from LR :)

How exactly do I install/use these update files (specifically I'm grabbing the one for ToA)? I downloaded the ZIP archive, unzipped it and have the baf folder and file, now where does it go and do I need to do anything special with it? I'm just a lowly gamer, forgive my ignorance...

#472 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:45 AM

Hey there :cheers:

The ToA fix you've dled is really old and made for v2.0 :P jastey already uploaded a fixed ToA v2.2 that already containes that fix :)

But just in case anyone's wondering how to use the .d/.baf files in the thread:

1. Extract mod
2. Extract fix from this thread (hopefully, it overwrites a file from the mod)
3. Run the mod's setup-XXXX.exe and choose a language.
4. [I]nstall/[R]einstall the mod to apply fix :D

Any other file can just be dumped into the "override" folder (but it may mess up the fixed item/creature's names and stuff :P)

#473 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:47 AM

Just before anybody goes ahead and tries to reinstall a mod that's not near or at the end of their install--please do not attempt to reinstall a mod that is not the last mod installed if you don't know what you're doing! You can quite easily mess things up if you aren't careful.

#474 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:00 AM

+1 to that! :)

And that extends to BWP installs too! You shouldn't be using these fixes for already running BWP installs :P (unless you know and stuff :unsure:)

Technically, the BWPInstall.bat does a lot of overwriting between mods and they can't be re-over-written when you reinstall (because they're not done using WeiDU :P)

Edited by Lollorian, 07 January 2011 - 02:03 AM.

#475 infiniteninjas

infiniteninjas
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:56 AM

Could someone please explain in layman's terms exactly what steps have to be taken to use one of these .baf mod fix files that have been posted? My efforts to figure it out on my own have failed me, I'm just a lowly gamer. Appreciate any help.

#476 infiniteninjas

infiniteninjas
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:42 PM

Just before anybody goes ahead and tries to reinstall a mod that's not near or at the end of their install--please do not attempt to reinstall a mod that is not the last mod installed if you don't know what you're doing! You can quite easily mess things up if you aren't careful.

Alright, I'm completely lost at this point. Should I use the fix files from earlier in this thread or should I go get a new version of the ToA mod and reinstall? And if I should reinstall, am I being warned against reinstalling ToA UNLESS it was the last mod installed? And how on earth do I figure that out? So frustrating not speaking this mod language, I just want to finish ToA. :(

#477 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

Should I use the fix files from earlier in this thread or should I go get a new version of the ToA mod and reinstall?

Grab the new version please :)

And if I should reinstall, am I being warned against reinstalling ToA UNLESS it was the last mod installed?

Yup.

And how on earth do I figure that out?

There should be a file called WeiDU.log in your BGII folder, open it using notepad and check where Setup-ToA.tp2 is :cheers: The more closer to the end of the WeiDU.log, the later i was installed.

It'd also help if you attached that file here if you're confused ;)

#478 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:13 PM

The necessary files for component 4 of TS25MiniMod are attached. It's translated into German now and - thanks to the efforts of several people I probably do not have to name :P - totally compatible with SCSII. Delede the two old German tra-files and use the new ones. The other two files (Japanese setup-tra-file and the mod-setup) contain all fixes up to now. Use them to prepare patches. All other files should be kept as they are.
:cheers:

Attached Files

Edited by Fennek, 08 January 2011 - 10:15 PM.

#479 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:52 AM

Tactics Planatar checks foo
Fix: Changed
Name("astSeenBy(),","Planatar")  // Planatar
    Name("astSeenBy(),","Darkplanatar")  // Darkplanatar
to
Race(LastSeenBy(Myself),PLANATAR)  // Planatar
    Race(LastSeenBy(Myself),DARKPLANATAR)  // Darkplanatar
cause there's no creature in the game called "Darkplanatar" lol :lol:

And the Item Upgrade v38a update :cheers:

Attached Files

#480 infiniteninjas

infiniteninjas
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

Should I use the fix files from earlier in this thread or should I go get a new version of the ToA mod and reinstall?

Grab the new version please :)

And if I should reinstall, am I being warned against reinstalling ToA UNLESS it was the last mod installed?

Yup.

And how on earth do I figure that out?

There should be a file called WeiDU.log in your BGII folder, open it using notepad and check where Setup-ToA.tp2 is :cheers: The more closer to the end of the WeiDU.log, the later i was installed.

It'd also help if you attached that file here if you're confused ;)

OK, I bit the bullet and just reinstalled the whole BiG World pack (the one I had was a version from like July, so probably best I did this anyway). This fixed the Anegh problem, obviously, so I'll stop whining about that.

It did do a few strange little things to my game, however. It put almost random writings in my journal and quest book. I have Adario Karvalas in my party, and it changed his name to Yes, I will take a look at what you have. Don't know what to do about this, but it's pretty hilarious during combat. I also had to re-memorize spells and it screwed with a few of the spell icons. Beyond these amusing things, everything seems to be great. Thanks to everyone who offered help in this thread. And thanks to the modders, I'm really enjoying BiG World.