Photo

Fixes for the BiG fixpack

• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#141 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:28 PM

The Darkest Day will have a release party next week. The version will be 1.13 with the same components. Just wanted to let you guys know as that may deprecate the newest Big World Setup and you won't need all the BWP fixes for TDD.

Thanks for the great news, Hoppy. :Bow:
Why do you think it will deprecate the newest BWS? What do you mean by that?

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#142 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:06 AM

The Darkest Day will have a release party next week. The version will be 1.13 with the same components. Just wanted to let you guys know as that may deprecate the newest Big World Setup and you won't need all the BWP fixes for TDD.

Thanks for the great news, Hoppy. :Bow:
Why do you think it will deprecate the newest BWS? What do you mean by that?

Greetings Leomar

I wasn't sure if version numbers matter. Maybe I meant the manual or PDF. As long as the Worldmap mod is extracted before running TDD, TDD can patch the Revised tables in Worldmap which is imperative for the travel ability and times fix for the Haunted forest with Revised Travel Times. Otherwise there will be errors or it will fail :lol:
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#143 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:22 AM

The Darkest Day will have a release party next week

Posted Image

Here's some assorted fixes found in this thread :) (3 fixes ... for DSotSC, Vault and WildMage)

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 05 March 2010 - 04:25 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#144 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:38 AM

ScuD's P5Tweaks's v5 fix
Fix: here

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#145 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:15 PM

As long as the Worldmap mod is extracted before running TDD, TDD can patch the Revised tables in Worldmap which is imperative for the travel ability and times fix for the Haunted forest with Revised Travel Times. Otherwise there will be errors or it will fail :lol:

O.K., that is not a problem for the BWP, because the BWS extract all mods into the BG2 folder, before the Install.bat does the work. So TDD can patch the Worldmap modfiles.

But is it not better, to talk with erebusant to update the Worldmap mod, so the Worldmap mod handles the special TDD issues?

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#146 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:27 PM

But is it not better, to talk with erebusant to update the Worldmap mod, so the Worldmap mod handles the special TDD issues?

I believe Hoppy would, had erebusant the time to update the Worldmap mod... but as for now, the TDD can update the Worldmap mods content when they are both extracted to the game folder and TDD is being installed... so the BWS doesn't need to do a thing in this matter, except enable the option to choose the Revised Travel Times... when all the other components become available to be install individually.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#147 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:33 PM

As long as the Worldmap mod is extracted before running TDD, TDD can patch the Revised tables in Worldmap which is imperative for the travel ability and times fix for the Haunted forest with Revised Travel Times. Otherwise there will be errors or it will fail :lol:

O.K., that is not a problem for the BWP, because the BWS extract all mods into the BG2 folder, before the Install.bat does the work. So TDD can patch the Worldmap modfiles.

Greetings Leomar

He made the patching code way back when I asked about it. It just updates the TDD tables for when Worldmap gets installed.

EDIT: Original travel times are fine but this also helps make sure that the worldmap mod is extracted and will be installed at some point, even with just two or three mods.

Edited by Hoppy, 06 March 2010 - 01:37 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#148 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:47 PM

TOD script stuff
Fix: here (attached in next post)

#149 Himself

Himself

CEO of the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE

• 230 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

Edwin Romance

Posting in case someone with coding skills wishes to make a fix for this, some mod that has introduced content in Halruaa (AFAIK is a location in FR) changes TWO instances of edwin.bcs from

IF
GlobalTimerExpired("DegardanSpawn","GLOBAL")
TO

IF
!Global("VP_InHalruaa","GLOBAL",1)
GlobalTimerExpired("DegardanSpawn","GLOBAL")

which causes the EDWIN_DEGARDAN.BCS to not find BOTH of the blocks it needs when patching for EDWIN_DEGARDAN_ROMANCE.BCS

Posted Image

Edited by Himself, 07 March 2010 - 12:28 PM.

...to be isn't important, we're no longer than we're :)

#150 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:20 PM

That Halruaa part gets added by NeJ2 and methinks the only fix for this is if Edwin romance considers that NeJ2 was installed prior to it (in which case, it would check for the Halruaa blocks :P). You should report this at their forums, Himself :) (maybe this can hasten up a new version with the fixed .cre :lol:)

For the record, the offending block replacing Degardan's code is in NeJ2\sFix\n5Edwin.baf (but there's 6 other .baf's in the same mod that replace a number of blocks for all NPCs :()

#151 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:45 PM

That Halruaa part gets added by NeJ2 and methinks the only fix for this is if Edwin romance considers that NeJ2 was installed prior to it (in which case, it would check for the Halruaa blocks :P). You should report this at their forums, Himself :) (maybe this can hasten up a new version with the fixed .cre :lol:)

For the record, the offending block replacing Degardan's code is in NeJ2\sFix\n5Edwin.baf (but there's 6 other .baf's in the same mod that replace a number of blocks for all NPCs :()

My guess is that those blocks are for NPC quest timers to keep quest creature spawns from spawning in the Halruaa areas from NeJ. TS does similar things for this kind of predicament.

- King Diamond

#152 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:24 AM

The fix here is to update the Edwin Romance mod to use something less antiquated than REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK. Updating it to use BAF files instead of BCS files would probably also be a good idea.

Edited by Wisp, 08 March 2010 - 12:30 AM.

#153 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:22 PM

Item_Upgrade small typo
Fix: Line 327 in crom.d:
TakePartyItemNum("leat20",1)   DestroyItem("leat21")
should prolly have been
TakePartyItemNum("leat20",1)   DestroyItem("leat20")
Attached fixed .d (extract before install :))

Attached Files

#154 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:06 AM

temujin's SCSII .d corruption fix

Attached Files

#155 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:14 AM

ScuD's awesome planarsphere mod update pack

#156 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:58 PM

Widescreen mod fix

#157 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:56 PM

Widescreen mod fix

Have you confirmed that it actually works in every game area in the normal aspect rations (4:3, 16:10), and not just TV's 16:9 in Tutu... I would advice against fixing the problem for now... as the next Widescreen mod will come out soon.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 11 March 2010 - 04:12 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#158 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:55 AM

Well no actually :P I didn't think about a fix breaking something that already works :unsure: Might just be better to wait for the widescreen (and WeiDU ... and BG2Fixpack ... and ... :lol:)

#159 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:43 PM

Viconia friendship stutter fix

P5Tweaks corrections stuff

Infinity Animations fixes

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 12 March 2010 - 03:24 AM.

#160 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:38 PM

Follow up to above ItemUpgrade typo
Fix: same stuff in cespy.d's line 332. Attached the fixed file :)

Attached Files