• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#161 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:21 AM

CtB-Munchmod-EMaD Compatibility fix
Fix: All 3 mods use the same GLOBAL ("ForgeItem","GLOBAL",10) for their respective item upgrades at Cromwell's.

Use Wisp's Munchmod fix and the attached fixed .baf from EMaD (so CtB remains alone and it won't conflict :))

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 13 March 2010 - 02:22 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#162 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:08 AM

Munchmod monk boots usability fix (FIXED in v3.1 :P)
Fix: here

Edited by Lollorian, 18 March 2010 - 09:09 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#163 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:48 AM

If I may suggest one thing regarding the fixes topic : if I understand the purpose of this thread, it is to list every fix that has been released since the last version of the fixpack ? If so, perhaps it would be useful (both for players and the Fixpack maintainers) to have all the fixes grouped in the first post, so that we would have only to look in one place to check all available fixes. It could look something like this :

Mod : P&P Celestials
Date : March 2, 2010
Type : hotfix
Note : Replaces Summon Deva spcl923.spl ; fixes crash/conflict with BPSeries
URL : http://www.shsforums...attach_id=19407

This is the list of fixes related to the mods I am planning to install and that were released since the last Fixpack, most of them are already in this thread (thanks Lollorian ! ), but at the moment they are scattered through the pages :

Ding0 Quest pack
http://www.speedysha...88/qp-fixes.rar
temujin fixpack
http://www.shsforums...attach_id=19378
fixes Aurora conflict

Level 1 NPC
http://anduin.net/~k.../level1npcs.tp2
Version 1.3eib2 (21 Feb 2010)
fixes Runaway Aerie bug

Aurora
http://www.shsforums...attach_id=19296
5.1 patch
fixes Troll not lying down + goblin archers animations
"You need to install it after Aurora v5, but other than that it doesn't matter even if you install it after biffing."

SCS II
http://www.shsforums...attach_id=19379
fixes help typo
http://www.shsforums...attach_id=19466
temujin's SCSII .d corruption fix

Wheels of Prophecy
http://www.shsforums...attach_id=19382
fixes corrupted AI script

Spell Revisions
March 4
fixpack
http://forums.gibber...pe=post&id=1564

P5 Tweak
http://www.shsforums...attach_id=19482
fixes effect ?

Item_Upgrade
http://www.shsforums...attach_id=19461
http://www.shsforums...attach_id=19492
fixes small typos

Widescreen mod
http://www.mediafire.com/?ozogiig2ti4
patch_bmp.tpa display corruption fix

#164 tpvic

tpvic
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:03 AM

May i ask a complete amateur question regarding applying these patches? Please believe me that i did spend sometime to think about it before asking.

According to what i understand, most of the patches should be applied before running "big world install.bat". However, I am also aware that "big world fixpack.bat" will be executed during the "big world install.bat" So how can i make sure that some of the older patches in the big world fixpack will not overwrite those in the latest patch? For some patches such as spell revision, I can manually unzip those files in the latest patch to the _copy in the BiG World Fixpack\spell_rev\_copy in addition to overwriting all the files in the bg2 - soa\spell_rev\, just making sure that the latest patches are applied. However, for patches like d0questpack, the patches are in the form of *.patch and i am no longer sure how i can deal with them anymore. It will be highly appreciated if someone can point me to the right direction to deal with different patches. Thank you very much in advance.

#165 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:22 AM

So how can i make sure that some of the older patches in the big world fixpack will not overwrite those in the latest patch?

Simple... by putting them to the game folder after the BWS ran itself to exit but before the BiG World Install.bat installs anything(it will ask language, if you wish it to check the mods again etc. so you can then quit it during those questions... and run it again after your editions) ...see, the .patch files work in a REQUIRED_LINE ~-x~ REPLACE_LINE ~+y~ method, so if the required data is not in the mods .tp2 file, it won't be replaced... at least on the .tp2 lines.
This way, we can have a v9 of a mod T, and still replace the same line in the v13 if it's still the same incorrect line.

PS: this is a maintenance thread/check list... meaning that these all should be included into the BWP Fixpack, not into your current game or to a install you do yourself... the info is not for you, but for the BWP team. As most of those can be corrected with 'not looking into them with the eye of the beholder'.

And no, we are not going to edit the first post cause... we don't have the bigg's password nor need it

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 14 March 2010 - 05:30 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#166 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:38 AM

PS: this is a maintenance thread/check list... meaning that these all should be included into the BWP Fixpack, not into your current game or to a install you do yourself... the info is not for you, but for the BWP team. As most of those can be corrected with 'not looking into them with the eye of the beholder'.

Right-on!!! :coolthumb: (didn't get the beholder stuff ... but still right-on!!! :D)

And no, we are not going to edit the first post cause... we don't have the bigg's password nor need it

I think I could update the 2nd post ... but since the BWPFixpack will probably have most of them soon ... I dunno :unsure: (probably laziness on my part but still :P)

Besides, there's also the thing about post editing - it doesn't bump the topic in the forum :( (so this thread'll soon be lost in this forum if we just update a single post) The current way lets us know which fix is the latest (so you only have to download from the last post (once!) :)

Edited by Lollorian, 14 March 2010 - 05:52 AM.

#167 tpvic

tpvic
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:52 AM

So how can i make sure that some of the older patches in the big world fixpack will not overwrite those in the latest patch?

Simple... by putting them to the game folder after the BWS ran itself to exit but before the BiG World Install.bat installs anything(it will ask language, if you wish it to check the mods again etc. so you can then quit it during those questions... and run it again after your editions) ...see, the .patch files work in a REQUIRED_LINE ~-x~ REPLACE_LINE ~+y~ method, so if the required data is not in the mods .tp2 file, it won't be replaced... at least on the .tp2 lines.
This way, we can have a v9 of a mod T, and still replace the same line in the v13 if it's still the same incorrect line.

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

So now I wouldn't worry about those *.patch. However, if I understand the "big world fixpack.bat" correctly (I know very very little knowledge in batch though), fixpack.bat is still simply copying all the files under _copy and overwriting existing one in the game folder. In that case, wouldn't my worry still valid? E.g. I checked the files under the foler of _copy in fixpack for spell revision, some of which also appear in the latest patch. If i'm correct, how should I deal with it? Thank you very much in advance.

PS The reason I dig into this thread is because I encountered some installation error due to the incompatibility b/w spell revision and SCSII. I suspect such error leading to about a quarter of the enemies AI stopping working, i.e. they simply stood there and refused to attack my group (they are hostile and turn red though.) Apparently it has been fixed by the latest patch of spell revision. As you can imagine, I would like to fix the game-breaking bug ASAP. So please bear my ignorance and teach me how to patch before the next update.

#168 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:00 AM

Apparently it has been fixed by the latest patch of spell revision. As you can imagine, I would like to fix the game-breaking bug ASAP. So please bear my ignorance and teach me how to patch before the next update.

Oh, in that case ...

1) You'll have to a reinstall to use anything in this thread (unless they're mentioned to be hotfixes :))
2) After you've run the BWS, it downloads and extracts everything. And then a black console pops up for you to choose a language.
3) Close that window and download the latest SR hotfixes (which are NOT hotfixes per se ... but need to be installed :P)
4) Go to your BiG World Fixpack\spell_rev\_copy folder and delete everything in it. Now extract all the hotfixes to the _copy folder.
5) Run the BiG World Install.bat and follow the instructions :)

Now, following tradition

Aurora MOVE glitch

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 14 March 2010 - 07:14 AM.

#169 tpvic

tpvic
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:08 AM

Jarno Mikkola and Lollorian, thank you very much for your detailed instruction!

It seems I solved my problem and would like to report what I have done in case there is anyone encountering the same problem. It looks like the enemy AI breakdown is indeed caused by the SCSII installation error due to the incompatibility b/w spell revision and SCSII, which has been fixed by the latest patch of SR. So basically I reinstalled the whole game with the latest patch and so far everything runs smoothly. However I still need to observe for a while since last time everything did look great in the beginning but suddenly the enemies AI just stopped working.

Question: since I have never played baldur gate 1 before, are those xvar protectors in the xvar village supposed to just stand there and won't attack even if attacked? The xvars and shamans did put up one hell of a fight, but not those xvar protectors. I was wondering whether it is normal. Thanks!

#170 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:29 AM

are those xvar protectors in the xvar village supposed to just stand there and won't attack even if attacked? The xvars and shamans did put up one hell of a fight, but not those xvar protectors. I was wondering whether it is normal. Thanks!

I think they're not :P It seems to be an incompatibility between BP and DSotSC :( (maybe report this in the BP forums?? (cause it's installed later ... and is ... well ... updated more often :P) They both seem to add scripts that spawn protectors in the same position (causing them to become siamese-twin-kinda-things that can't move :lol:)

since I have never played baldur gate 1 before...

Once you try BGT, BGI's gonna be alien I tells ya! ALIEN!!! :woot:

Meanwhile, in BG-land,

HF_HHG Adalon + Grenade = Freaky fix

Munchmod monk Boots refixed (FIXED in v3.1)

Edited by Lollorian, 18 March 2010 - 09:09 AM.

#171 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:52 AM

BG1NPC Harpers look like Jaheira fix

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 17 March 2010 - 02:55 AM.

#172 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:01 AM

Munchmod-CtB compatibility check fix (FIXED in v3.2)

Revised Battles-FR_ROV compatibility check fix

erebusant's DSotSC duegkel fix

EDIT: ScuD's pookpar.baf fix is already included in the BWFixpack :doh: Sorry for that :P

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 19 March 2010 - 08:50 PM.

#173 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:43 PM

erebusant's revised DSotSC Drow item dustification code

Attached Files

#174 tpvic

tpvic
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:28 PM

Here I mentioned my problem of dysfunction of enemy AI (http://www.shsforums...post__p__481507) I suspect it may have something to do with an installation error caused by the incompatibility b/w Spells Revisions and SCS. I contacted the SCS developer David W and he confirmed that the AI dysfunction may be indeed caused by such incompatibility. He suggested to apply the latest hotfix of spell revisions (can be found on both spell revisions forum; Lollorian also posted the link here.) I personally followed the instruction and applied the fix in my new install and so far the game runs perfectly.

In addition, David W also mentioned that there is an incompatibility b/w SCS and sarah mod. It has already been noted by the creator of SCS and Sarah mod. The workaround suggested by David W is as follows:

"the ?Sarah? mod has a corrupted creature file on which SCSII is choking at install time. I?ve logged this with the mod?s author and may write a compatibility block into SCSII itself in due course; in the meantime, you can work around it by removing ?k#anna1.cre? from the override directory before SCSII installs and putting it back afterwards " by David W

I did not have the chance to try it out personally but I posted it here so that the BWP team can investigate further whether it should be included in the new fixpack update.

PS Lollorian, you are very interesting. I read a couple of your posts and found that the way you treat finding bugs and fixes is not so much different from how kids look for their favorite candies in a candy shop. Thank to your hard work, you save us a lot of time in locating fixes spreading across in different forums.

#175 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:56 AM

I read a couple of your posts and found that the way you treat finding bugs and fixes is not so much different from how kids look for their favorite candies in a candy shop.

Either that ... or I'm crazy :crazy: ... but I like candy too :P But seriously, ya can't be serious all the time :coolthumb:

Anyway, ScuD's pookpar.baf fix is already BWPFixpack-ified :P So you don't need to use that. Removed the link and attachment :) Sorry for the trouble!

#176 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:57 PM

Hoppy's BPSeries fix

Attached Files

#177 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:43 AM

just out of curiosity, how quickly do these fixes find their way into the fixpack? Are the fixes then immediately incorporated into the latest BWP version or does it take some time to get them integrated?
BEGIN BIFFING

ACTION_IF!(FILE_EXISTS ~McFly~) THEN BEGIN
SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#178 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:00 AM

Things go kinda slow :P

1) Bug gets discovered (everyone says "Woah!")
2) Fix gets put out (everyone says "YAY!")
3) Someone (as a last resort ... me :P) links to bug and/or fix in this thread
4) If fix isn't attached, someone tries to attach the fixed file either here or in the bug-thread
5) Someone from BWP crew downloads fixed file
6) BWP dudes create patches of file
7) If the number of patches reaches an all-time-high, a new BWPFixpack (beta) gets out with the new fixes
8) Else, a new BWP major version gets out with new mods, fixes, ... stuff :P (everyone says "Phew!")

But the last BWPFixpack was in Dec methinks, so any fixes after December should probably be manually done, or wait for the next BWP/Fixpack update :P

#179 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:38 AM

Nice list. :) All is correct, but I've one comment to:

7) If the number of patches reaches an all-time-high, a new BWPFixpack (beta) gets out with the new fixes

Normally that is not correct, because we tried to update regulary, so you need not to bother if the newest fix is in the BW Fixpack or not. Like it is with the BWS and the new released mods.

White Agnus was responsible for the regulary updates, but we have heard nothing from him for 3 month, now, and we fear that his accident was really, really, really bad. Leonardo and I started to get the BW Fixpack up-to-date again, but there is much work and much fixes, so we needed some time. Big thanks to you, Lollorian. It helped us much, that you reported and made many of the fixes.
:cheers: :hug: :cheers:

After the BW Fixpack will be released with all the new fixes, we want to update the BW Fixpack regulary again.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#180 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:28 PM

After the BW Fixpack will be released with all the new fixes, we want to update the BW Fixpack regulary again.

BANZAI!!! :woot: :coolthumb:

MOAR FEEXES!!

Gbthkp-UB compatibility patch

UB-something freaky stuff I have no clue about :P

LongerRoad missing/unused sound files fix