Crom Faeyr!?!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:17 AM

So, back in Athkatla with Immy by my side (she plays guitar?!), I brave the second illithid dungeon I've ever encountered and stroll back to Cromwell with the hammer of thunderbolts, gauntlets of ogre power, girdle of frost giant strength and a fancy scroll...

AND I GET THE HAMMER OF HELPING?!?!?! WTF!

The RItemMod nerfs and replaces Crom Faeyr. No worries - I go to the backup... and...

There's no hamm09.itm in the backup?!?!?!

OMG OMG OMG

I've already started training proficiency slots in warhammer... come on... no...

Does anyone have a copy of vanilla hamm09.itm they wouldn't mind uploading for me so I could slip it in my override... please?????

Thanks! :D

#2 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:19 AM

What about a changelog with weidu and get your hammer from the backup of the mod that did it first?
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#3 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:25 AM

Check your item_rev\itm folder for the Item Revisions version of Crom Faeyr :D

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#4 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:53 AM

Check your item_rev\itm folder for the Item Revisions version of Crom Faeyr :D

Cheers,
Lol

Thanks L! I thought I was going to die if I didn't get my Crom Faeyr! I did a Windows search and it didn't show the hamm09 in the item revisions folder. How weird!

And we don't need a changelog, I already told ya what mod did it. It says it right in the mod's readme!

Edit: What's hamm09a...? I will have to investigate this...

Edited by Darpaek, 09 September 2009 - 06:56 AM.

#5 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:06 AM

GAH! This doesn't work. 09 is a throwable version of CF and 09a is a melee version (I assume). The item descriptions are all messed up...

#6 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:09 AM

Whoopsie :wall: I shoulda thought about the dialog.tlk references :P

Your best bet would be to use NI to search for Crom Faeyr and CLUA it in your game (if it's still in that is :wacko:)

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#7 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:14 AM

Oh thank goodness...

There's a normal, working Crom Faeyr in item_rev/backup/0

If anyone else needs it cuz some goofball decided to screw with their favorite hammer...

WHEW!

Attached Files

#8 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:17 AM

Thanks Darpaek, Crom Faeyr is also my favorite weapon ... I don't want to lose it :cheers:

#9 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:19 AM

Thanks Darpaek, Crom Faeyr is also my favorite weapon ... I don't want to lose it :cheers:

I KNOW, RIGHT?! :cheers:

I wonder if Imoen tries to steal it with the Imoen Romance mod LOLLOLOLOLOL

#10 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:37 AM

Any idea what the hamm09a.itm is used for?
It looks like a more sensible version of the Crom Faeyr than the original.

#11 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:39 AM

The RItemMod nerfs and replaces Crom Faeyr.

RItemPack is different from Item Revisions, btw. They both overwrite standard game resources, and therefore should both be avoided :P.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#12 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:03 PM

RItemPack is different from Item Revisions, btw. They both overwrite standard game resources, and therefore should both be avoided :P.

Yes, these are two separate mods, and as they provide completely different versions of the same items, installing them together will mean only one will take effect. If you want to discuss the pros and cons of patching and overwriting as it applies to IR, I'd be happy to do so in another thread.

GAH! This doesn't work. 09 is a throwable version of CF and 09a is a melee version (I assume). The item descriptions are all messed up...

Any idea what the hamm09a.itm is used for?
It looks like a more sensible version of the Crom Faeyr than the original.

Item Revisions changes this and several other items with both ranged and melee abilities into two .itm files (one that's ranged and one that's melee), which can be switched between via the abilities button. This avoids a limitation from the original game: items that have both a ranged and melee effect on the same .itm aren't able to be dual wielded. With this change, now you can dual wield Crom Faeyr and other throwable items - when you're not busy throwing them, that is.

If you'd prefer IR's Crom Faeyr to replace whatever was installed on top of it in your installation, here is code to do so while including proper item descriptions. Take the files hamm09.itm and hamm09a.itm from the item_rev/itm folder and put them in a new ir_crom_faeyr folder in your BG2 directory. Copy and paste the code below into a text file and save it as setup-ir_crom_faeyr.tp2. Copy and paste one of your weidu.exe/setup-modname.exe files and rename it to setup-ir_crom_faeyr.exe. Run it to install IR's Crom Faeyr.

BACKUP ~ir_crom_faeyr/backup~
AUTHOR ~Mike1072~

VERSION ~v1~

LANGUAGE ~English~
		 ~english~

BEGIN ~IR Crom Faeyr~

COPY ~ir_crom_faeyr/hamm09.itm~ ~override~
	 ~ir_crom_faeyr/hamm09a.itm~ ~override~
SAY NAME1 ~War Hammer~
SAY NAME2 ~Crom Faeyr +5~
SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~Mounted knights cannot effectively use long pole weapons while on horseback, and as a result, many weapons have been fitted with shorter shafts so they may be wielded with just one hand. Maces and flails are two previous examples of this -- the war hammer is another. The horseman's war hammer is a descendent of the Lucerne hammer. It is made entirely of steel, with rondels protecting and strengthening the grip. Rondels are small disks of metal, often shaped into decorative designs. The shaft is about 18 inches long.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1D8
Damage type: crushing
Weight: 5
Speed Factor: 7
Proficiency Type: War Hammer
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 10 Strength
Not Usable By:
 Druid
 Mage
 Thief
 Monk
 Beast Master~
SAY DESC ~A dwarven smith, Silverblade, forged this hammer and two other items: a girdle of giant strength and gauntlets of ogre power. His intention was to gift them to his son, who was then a high officer in the dwarven armies, fighting the giant and ogre tribes of the area. Unfortunately Silverblade's son died just after the completion of the three items, and before they could be gifted to him. In his grief Silverblade himself donned the girdle and the gauntlets. Taking up the Hammer of Thunderbolts, he went to battle against the giant folk, and died valiantly.

Alone, the Hammer of Thunderbolts is a powerful magical weapon, but when merged with a pair of Gauntlets of Ogre Power and a Girdle of Giant Strength it can be used to full effect. Crom Faeyr gifts its users with all the powers of the original recipients, effectively becoming one of the most fearsome weapons in the Realms.

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities:
 Strength: +5 bonus

Combat Abilities:
 Shocking: creatures struck suffer 1D6 additional points of electrical damage
 Returning: returns to the wielder's hand instantly after an attack is made
 Thunderclap: when hurled, upon striking the target the hammer emits a great noise, like a clap of thunder, stunning opponents within 5 feet for 1 round (save vs. breath negates)

THAC0: +5 bonus
Damage: 1D8 + 5
Damage type (melee): crushing
Damage type (thrown): missile
Weight: 5
Speed Factor: 2
Requires: 10 Strength
Not Usable By:
 Druid
 Mage
 Thief
 Monk
 Beast Master~

Edited by Mike1072, 09 September 2009 - 05:11 PM.

#13 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:54 PM

Why would you throw Crom Faeyr? :(

#14 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:08 PM

Well, the IR version is a throwable hammer, see the description. When I made the last post, I wasn't at home and didn't recall that the original Crom Faeyr was not throwable, but the information about the vanilla game limitation applies to the Dwarven Thrower, Firetooth, the Boomerang Dagger, and all throwing axes (2 plain and about 4 unique).

@Admin (if you're reading this): the [ code ] tag isn't properly preserving single spaces at the beginning of a line as evidenced by a number of lines in the above item descriptions. Meanwhile the [ codebox ] tag does, but messes up various browsers to the extreme.

Edited by Mike1072, 09 September 2009 - 05:09 PM.

#15 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:54 PM

Well, the IR version is a throwable hammer, see the description. When I made the last post, I wasn't at home and didn't recall that the original Crom Faeyr was not throwable, but the information about the vanilla game limitation applies to the Dwarven Thrower, Firetooth, the Boomerang Dagger, and all throwing axes (2 plain and about 4 unique).

@Admin (if you're reading this): the [ code ] tag isn't properly preserving single spaces at the beginning of a line as evidenced by a number of lines in the above item descriptions. Meanwhile the [ codebox ] tag does, but messes up various browsers to the extreme.

Yeah, but imagine you're playing DnD and you throw the hammer that gives you godlike strength. You'd have a stutter in a PnP game LOL

Besides, that can't be good for your health. Like going from hot-to-cold quickly and repeatedly.

#16 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:11 PM

If you just want the original item, here it is.
Attached File  hamm09.itm   698bytes   175 downloads
You may have to restore the original description too if some one's messed with it.
Crom Faeyr

This is the true name that the dwarven weaponsmith, Silverblade, gave to the weapon he intended to create for his son.  Alas, his son died before the weapon was ever completed, but here it stands complete... forged from the combined magic of the original hammer with the Gauntlets of Ogre Power and a Girdle of Frost Giant Strength.  Crom Faeyr gifts its users with all the powers of the original Hammer of Thunderbolts, in addition to enormous strength and the ability to kill golems, ettins and trolls in one blow.

STATISTICS:

Special Abilities:
  grants 25 Strength
  kills Stone Golems, Clay Golems, Ettins and Trolls
Thac0: +5 bonus
Damage: 2D4 + 3
Damage type: crushing
Weight: 4
Speed Factor: 1
Not Usable By:
  Druid
  Mage 
  Thief

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#17 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:16 AM

Yeah, but imagine you're playing DnD and you throw the hammer that gives you godlike strength. You'd have a stutter in a PnP game LOL

Just so you know, PnP version of this hammer is indeed trowable. I've actually made it a lot more similar to PnP version adding both 'returning' and 'thunderclap' abilities (and having the latter work only when the hammer is hurled).

Indeed, I'm the cruel Lord of Overwriting and everything I do without patching code is evil!! :D

Edited by Demivrgvs, 11 September 2009 - 08:34 AM.

#18 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:38 AM

Indeed, I'm the cruel Lord of Overwriting and everything I do without patching code is evil!!

Yes. Especially since you should know better by now (i.e. know how to patch - I know Mike1072 does anyway).

And no, I'm not going to take up his invitation to discuss "the virtues of mass-overwriting items" in another thread. We've already done that to death somewhere buried in the SR or IR forum (there are no virtues :P).

#19 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:26 AM

Since I not only started this thread, but completely derailed it, as well - I don't feel too horrible about continuing the departure from the OT.

Where does Crom Faeyr exist in PnP? The Hammer of Thunderbolts doesn't raise your strength to 25 - in fact, I can't think of a published item that would raise your strength that much except maybe the Maul of the Titans (which isn't throwable).

#20 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:36 PM

Since I not only started this thread, but completely derailed it, as well - I don't feel too horrible about continuing the departure from the OT.

Where does Crom Faeyr exist in PnP? The Hammer of Thunderbolts doesn't raise your strength to 25 - in fact, I can't think of a published item that would raise your strength that much except maybe the Maul of the Titans (which isn't throwable).

From 3rd edition Dungeon Master Manual:

<Hammer of Thunderbolts: This +3 Large returning warhammer deals 4d6 points of damage on any hit. Further, if the wielder wears a belt of giant strength and gauntlets of ogre power and he knows that the hammer is a hammer of thunderbolts (not just a +3 warhammer), the weapon can be used to full effect: It gains a total +5 enhancement bonus, allows all belt and gauntlet bonuses to stack (only when using this weapon), and strikes dead any giant upon whom it scores a hit (Fortitude DC 20 negates the death effect but not the damage).

When hurled, on a successful attack the hammer emits a great noise, like a clap of thunder, causing all creatures within 90 feet to be stunned for 1 round (Fortitude DC 15 negates). The hammer?s range increment is 30 feet.

Strong evocation, necromancy, and transmutation; CL 20th; Weight 15 lb.>