Photo

Infinity Animations Readme

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#21 -GPRO-

-GPRO-

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:04 AM

Not sure what you mean by that. Most clerics already use the cleric animation, though conversely, a lot of fighters do not use the fighter animation (many guards and such use the cleric animation). There is a component to fix that already (#25 Humanoid Animation Fixes).

I installed that already, no change.

It seems I have problems making myself understood, please bear with me patiently for a while and I will try to explain what is wrong in my game (and maybe yours too)

Several playable classes don't show the correct animation when wearing armor. Female human clerics for example, use no armor animation at all, and they do have animation for all 3 kinds of armour (Leather, Chain and Plate).

Another example is the fighter & cleric classes (male human/all elf genders), they share all animations as base but the 4th armor animation (plate), they have an unique entry for that one in the 'BAM' folder and what they are using is the fighter animation for both classes.

The same probably is happening to dwarves/gnomes/halflings/elves and so on.

And I suspect some of the wizard animations are also unused.

You can see the animations for human male cleric plate armor "CHMC4A1 to SX" and compare with a male human fighter "CHMFA1 to SX" see the difference?(Using Near Infinity to browse the files)

The mod is intended to fix that? How can I edit those myself to use the correct animation?

Do you understand me now?

#22 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:53 AM

The mod is intended to fix that? How can I edit those myself to use the correct animation?

Ah, ok, I see what you mean. No, I think that is more in the realm of One Pixel Productions (1PP) - do you have any of those components installed? It may not address all the animations you mention, but it certainly does for thieves (the Thieves Galore) component and other specific character animations (such as dwarves/gnomes which otherwise share the same animation).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#23 -GPRO-

-GPRO-

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:32 AM

Nope I don't have then installed.

Do you know how I can assign the animations myself and which files I should be changing?

#24 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:29 AM

Do you know how I can assign the animations myself and which files I should be changing?

Well, the actual animation ID is assigned at 0x28 in a .cre (creature) file, which is attached to your .chr (character) file, which in turn is embedded in your saved game (.gam or .sav - I forget which). Unless you've exported your character, then you should see the .chr files in your characters folder. Animation IDs are listed in anisnd.ids or animate.ids - the correct versions of which you find in IA's ids folder, or in the game if you've installed it. But none of that helps you if what you're saying is you have a cleric character with the cleric animation (0x6000 for a male human cleric) what doesn't have the right armour animations displayed. If that's the case, someone like Erephine might have to hack around with the .exe to get them to display properly. She may already have done this in one or another 1PP component, which is why I recommended it. Indeed, I believe this actually does fix what you're talking about, now that I'm reading the description. Or if it doesn't, it should.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#25 -GPRO-

-GPRO-

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

That's exactly what I wanted Miloch! Thank you very much for the support!

#26 Fury945

Fury945
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:03 PM

IA includes both the young white dragon and the big white wyvern, as displayed in the readme animations section.

Is this smaller than the normal dargon avatars, about the size of a baby wyvern maybe? :unsure:
pity it isn't gold, then it would fit an idea of mine perfectly. :(
All that is gold does not glitter. (taken from a poem in The Lord of The Rings)

Darkness is my friend.

Carpe Diem. (Latin for sieze the day)

Live By The Sword.

#27 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:58 PM

IA includes both the young white dragon and the big white wyvern, as displayed in the readme animations section.

Is this smaller than the normal dragon avatars, about the size of a baby wyvern maybe? :unsure:
Pity it isn't gold, then it would fit an idea of mine perfectly. :(

I actually believe it's the biggest animation the game has, the Infinity Animation Content Thread. The relevant post.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 15 October 2010 - 11:01 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#28 Fury945

Fury945
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:56 PM

Looks like my idea will have to use a normal baby wyvern avatar (the avatar needs to be small for what I was thinking of doing). :D

Darkness is my friend.

Live By The Sword.

#29 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:05 AM

Looks like my idea will have to use a normal baby wyvern avatar (the avatar needs to be small for what I was thinking of doing).

The big white wyvern is I think the same size as the BG2 wyvern, only blue-ish coloured. If you need it gold, it could be recoloured. You could also apply a colouring effect the same way aTweaks does, but they don't work that well (glow in shadows, etc.).

The readme is here by the way (including pictures of all the animations). Here's the wyvern about halfway down:
Posted Image

#30 Fury945

Fury945
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:24 PM

an abishai avatar might work a little better though I'd prefer it recoloured. the normal wyvern avatar is just a little too big (it needs to be able to walk through doors). It doesn't matter if it glows I'd expect a small (I suppose you can call it a runt being the smallest of the litter) dragon to glow a little. I'd also like to make a large dragon gold as well.
How do you recolour an animation like the dragon and abishai?

Edited by Fury945, 19 October 2010 - 10:31 PM.

Darkness is my friend.

Live By The Sword.

#31 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:30 PM

I'd also like to make a large dragon gold as well.

I *think* there is already a gold or yellow dragon, at least I've seen them as creature names in mods. Maybe they are just using the "brown" dragon palette (mdr1_br, the game's animation at 0x1206).

How do you recolour an animation like the dragon and abishai?

There is some discussion here if you want it "properly" recoloured. It's not that tough. If the "glow" effects are fine (the opcodes #50 and #51) then check this component in aTweaks - maybe its existing gold mephits or something will work for you.

#32 Fury945

Fury945
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:41 PM

there is a creature file for the Yellow Dragon but it uses the red dragon avatar (I used the CLUAConsole: CreateCreature command to find out :whistling: ).

Darkness is my friend.

Live By The Sword.

#33 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:13 AM

there is a creature file for the Yellow Dragon but it uses the red dragon avatar

So it does. Not even a colouring effect on it :blink:.

#34 Fury945

Fury945
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:22 PM

there is a creature file for the Yellow Dragon but it uses the red dragon avatar

So it does. Not even a colouring effect on it :blink:.

Exactly.
Can't DLTCEP change the colour of an animation in its BAM editor? 8)

Darkness is my friend.

Live By The Sword.

#35 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:33 PM

Can't DLTCEP change the colour of an animation in its BAM editor?

Yes, but not well, and only 1 BAM at a time. It's better to use the technique I described in the first link above. If you tell me exactly what you need, I'll see if I can get to it in the next update. Might not be for a while though, so feel free to try it yourself too.

#36 -Jarl-

-Jarl-

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:35 AM

Hi,

will there be an updated RACE.IDS (and maybe HATERACE.2DA) in future version auf IA, which contains all the new creatures like minotaurs...?

Greetz Jarl

#37 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:34 AM

will there be an updated RACE.IDS (and maybe HATERACE.2DA) in future version auf IA, which contains all the new creatures like minotaurs...?

I think this is probably beyond the scope of the mod, as there were creatures like minotaurs already without entries in race.ids. The main problem is there are only 255 possible entries in race.ids (it is a single byte reference in creature files) and it's almost full already. Plus the vanilla game and other mods use those values for scripting and effects, so we wouldn't want to break anything. The closest we go is fixing any creature race entries that are clearly wrong when we patch in new or fixed animations.

#38 Maanape

Maanape
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:56 AM

Edited by Maanape, 30 January 2011 - 02:16 PM.

#39 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:28 AM

Hello there!

I remember having really hard time installing BWP year ago or so because of all these greek alphabet symbols used by IA screwing with my windows settings. I also remember some vague hints that use of non-conventional symbols might be stopped in some further versions of IA. Seeing as the time draws near for me to start another trip down BWP road, I figured it won't harm to check around: is there anything planned to be done in this regard during this month/summer you would recommend me to wait for, or there's no point waiting and it would be best to install BWP right now fighting the same old codepage issue again? :)

Edited by Creepin, 05 June 2011 - 06:21 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#40 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:05 PM

It's unlikely to get overhauled this summer - maybe later summer but don't quote me on that. Just make sure your codepage is set to English (see the readme for details) and you should be good.