• Please log in to reply
578 replies to this topic

#21 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:50 PM

What OS do you use?
Just checking that you mean that 'correct version' is ToB 26498?

OK, do any of the other patches work? Try testing the A6CharmPatch one (if you haven't already got the WeiDU version of it installed). I am thinking there might be an issue with patching the EXE code in memory.

Edited by Ascension64, 30 January 2010 - 10:53 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#22 pauljh5

pauljh5
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:32 AM

What OS do you use?

Im on XP Home SP3 x86 version

Just checking that you mean that 'correct version' is ToB 26498?

that's the one. I'm assuming it has installed correctly too since, if i am remembering right, i read somewhere that the BWP installer checks and would warn me when i did the BWP.

OK, do any of the other patches work? Try testing the A6CharmPatch one (if you haven't already got the WeiDU version of it installed). I am thinking there might be an issue with patching the EXE code in memory.

I did the standard BWP install so i think that both the A6charm and the A6XP weidu packages were installed, so i didnt try turning them on.

I did however turn on the Effect013E and did CLUAConsole:CreateItem("A60x013E"), the item it created was a 'Necklace of Missiles: 'The One Gift Lost'', i equipped it and used it and it gave fireball effect and there was no crash or what not. not sure if that's an appropriate test though?

Edited by pauljh5, 31 January 2010 - 02:21 PM.

#23 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:05 PM

The extra effect uses only hooks instead of patches. I am wondering whether the patches are being applied correctly.
Perhaps you could attach your current BGMain.exe file?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#24 pauljh5

pauljh5
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:10 PM

The extra effect uses only hooks instead of patches. I am wondering whether the patches are being applied correctly.
Perhaps you could attach your current BGMain.exe file?

sure

it can be found here:-
http://www.filedropper.com/bgmain

#25 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:35 PM

I just checked if TobEx worked with your EXE, and it seems to work fine (I think you had the Widescreen mod installed, so the graphics looked a bit funny).
I'm wondering if any background programs are interfering with the way that TobEx works. Otherwise, I'm not sure what is going on here. Perhaps you could attach the guicg.chu from your override directory as well.

--------------
Retired Modder

#26 pauljh5

pauljh5
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:33 PM

I just checked if TobEx worked with your EXE, and it seems to work fine (I think you had the Widescreen mod installed, so the graphics looked a bit funny).
I'm wondering if any background programs are interfering with the way that TobEx works. Otherwise, I'm not sure what is going on here. Perhaps you could attach the guicg.chu from your override directory as well.

yeah had the widescreen mod on set for 1440 900.
sure the one from my C:\Games\BGII - SoA\override dir, is at:- http://www.filedropper.com/guicg_1

as for external programs, i have a firewall that i exited to check and avast anti-virus which i stopped to check too. but still same error message. other than that i cant think of any other type of program that might have got in the way really.

Edited by pauljh5, 31 January 2010 - 06:34 PM.

#27 pauljh5

pauljh5
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:58 PM

do you think there could be any kindo of obscure windows setting that might interfere?

Also, the file that the error message references, ".\src\CGameUI.cpp" is in "C:\Games\BGII - SoA\src\TobEx\src" for me. Im assuming thats correct?

Edited by pauljh5, 31 January 2010 - 07:11 PM.

#28 Setharnas

Setharnas
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:15 AM

I'm one of those who can use this nice little tool without problems (though I don't use enough kit mods to know if that tweak works on my system), thank you for it.

I was wondering though: BG(2) seems to be programmed in the grand tradition of those games that don't have a sleep() in their main loop. As I have experienced performance improvements with other such programs after applying a sleep() tweak (especially Ultima Online comes to mind), would you mind giving this a try with TobEx when you have some time?

#29 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:20 AM

Hmm, I must have missed ths file, because the filedropper link directs to main page. Could you re-up it? You could even upload it here if you rename the extension.

@Setharnas: I would have said that I would have a look if I was still working on it. It is too time-consuming for me to do any more work on it, unfortunately. If you have the means and the skills to work on it, I encourage it.

--------------
Retired Modder

#30 Setharnas

Setharnas
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:51 AM

Thanks for the reply, I fully respect your decision. Unfortunately my programming skills are nowhere close to code patching/injecting level, which is why I decided to post the thought at all - maybe someone could pick it up. The framework is there, after all, thanks to you. :)

#31 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:42 PM

do you think there could be any kindo of obscure windows setting that might interfere?

Also, the file that the error message references, ".\src\CGameUI.cpp" is in "C:\Games\BGII - SoA\src\TobEx\src" for me. Im assuming thats correct?

Oops, forgot to respond to this.
I am thinking that there may be some Windows interference, but I would be fishing in the dark.
The error message is fine - it is simply stating the error relative to the directory that I compile the program from.

--------------
Retired Modder

#32 darkkhaine

darkkhaine
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:31 AM

I also get the same error than paul. I did a BWP tactics install (with TDD and RoT kits) and my os is windows xp SP3.

#33 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:26 PM

Would you be able to a change log for BGMain.exe and guicg.chu?

Instructions are in Section 6 at http://www.shsforums...-the-megamods/. It might take some time to finish the log.

--------------
Retired Modder

#34 darkkhaine

darkkhaine
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:50 AM

Here it is for BGMain.
The log for guicg.chu says there isn't any mod affecting it.

Hope it can help.

Attached Files

• Attached File  log1.txt   1.63K   542 downloads

#35 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:31 PM

OK, doesn't look like those either. I'm going blind here, have a go at putting the DLLs at http://www.shsforums...post__p__471001 into the BWP install directory and see if that changes anything.

--------------
Retired Modder

#36 -AndrewB-

-AndrewB-

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:47 AM

I'm getting the same error as Pauljh5 and Darkkaine. Sucks, because I was pretty stoked about the kit scroll when I saw it in Lol's kit guide. It only happens when that feature is enabled.

Just some additional info:
  • OS is 32bit XP
  • clean ToB install w/ patch 26498, currently no additional kits (I wanted to be certain the app would work before I threw a shit load of kits on)
  • I've triple (maybe even quadruple) checked that the included guicg.chu file is sitting in the override directory
  • All the appropriate files (including the extra DLLs you provided are sitting happily in the same folder as BGmain.exe
  • There are a couple of extra processes running (Logitech setpoint for the mouse, and my g15 key profiler & LCD manager)
  • I also have a DirectDraw emulation fix for BGmain.exe created using the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit5 (to fix some slow-down issues I was having)
  • My BG2 install is on a seperate drive than my OS

No idea if any of this helps, but I hope it does. I'd really like to use this tool.

#37 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:26 AM

I'm also getting the same error as Pauljh5 and Darkkaine and AndrewB. I just want to add, the error also happens on an unmodded game.
ToB patch 26498 is installed of course, your guicg.chu is in the override. Only KitScroll with/without Songlist is enabled.
All other programs are closed, even AntiVir is deactivated.

At that moment I press the button to select a kit the game crashes. It doesn't matter if i have your additional DLL's in the main folder or not.

#38 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:47 AM

I'm confused as to why this isn't working anymore :wacko: (haven't tried it since I took the pictures though :P) I'll have a new BWP8.3 install done with some kits and have a test this week :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#39 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:24 PM

I'm also getting the same error as Pauljh5 and Darkkaine and AndrewB. I just want to add, the error also happens on an unmodded game.
ToB patch 26498 is installed of course, your guicg.chu is in the override. Only KitScroll with/without Songlist is enabled.
All other programs are closed, even AntiVir is deactivated.

At that moment I press the button to select a kit the game crashes. It doesn't matter if i have your additional DLL's in the main folder or not.

If you are getting a crash, can you take a screenshot or take down the details of the crash itself? I would need ModName and the address fields to identify the problem.

--------------
Retired Modder

#40 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:48 AM

Despite not working on other mods anymore, I will continue to try and work out what is the problem with this. Any more information about the proggy not working would be very helpful.

--------------
Retired Modder