[BG2:ToB] TobEx Release Thread

• Please log in to reply
578 replies to this topic

#61 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:04 PM

Umm, ok ... so my install finished completely. I fired up the ToBEx, and still ...

Ok, so now some statistics :)

BGMain.exe is 2.5.0.2.

Changelog:
Spoiler

And more importantly, WeiDU.log: (there were 2 errors in this install, TheUndying and Aurora :unsure:)
Spoiler

guicg.chu isn't in the override (it's been gen_biffed :P) and now resides in tb#122.bif. Oh, and maybe I should mention that I'm not using any of the .txt dll's in this thread :P (I'm just using the package you get from the download centre :))

And finally, pics to prove it :coolthumb: (the blue background is from W_GUI ... and the Paladin got a new "Holy Liberator" kit from Oversight at the end ^_^)

Attached Images

• Baldr006.png
  • Baldr007.png

Edited by Lollorian, 13 February 2010 - 11:09 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#62 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:16 PM

Sorry, with the version number I was wrong. I was too tired yesterday. My BGMain.exe is also 2.5.0.2.
2.5.0.0 ist the number of the baldur.exe

With the new TobEx.dll I get the message:

TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender (Mon 14 Feb 2010 07:44:50)
pSctrollBar = 0x0
pBtOption10 = 0x1abd3a0
pBtOption11 = 0x0
pPanel->controlInfo.GetCount() = 0xf

Here is my TobEx.log. I hope this will help. I was nosily and compared AndrewB's log with mine.
Except of the different date I found two differences:

He has managerName: GUIW10, I have managerName: GUIW08
he has managerName: GUISTOREȯ) and I have GUISTORE¨f+

Attached Files

#63 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:11 AM

Hmm, looks like the loading of the CHU files is truncated. I am thinking either a GUI mod or BIFFing is causing the problem.

Where do the GUICG, GUILOAD, GUIOPT, GUISAVE, START, GUIMP, GUICONN, GUICHAP, GUIMOVIE CHU files sit at the moment?

And could you list all the CHU files listed in the game (via NearInfinity?) for me?

Here is yet another test. When you enter the kit selection, an extra line appears in the console managerName = <something>. Can you quote the something for me? I am expecting it to be GUICG, but if it isn't, we might have a lead. Oh, I removed all the logging stuff so that TobEx.log files won't grow massive.

Edited by Ascension64, 24 February 2010 - 01:01 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#64 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:53 AM

Hmm, looks like the loading of the CHU files is truncated. I am thinking either a GUI mod or BIFFing is causing the problem.

The ones you wanted :)

GUICG - TB#GEN122.bif
GUILOAD - GUICHUI.bif
GUIOPT - GUICHUI.bif
GUISAVE - GUICHUI.bif
GUIMP - NEJ-RULE.bif
START - NEJ-RULE.bif
GUICONN - NEJ-RULE.bif
GUICHAP - NEJ-RULE.bif
GUIMOVIE - GUICHUI.bif

and all the others ...

GUIBASE - GUICHUI.bif
GUICONT - GUICHUI.bif
GUIINV - TB#GEN122.bif
GUIJRNL - TB#GEN122.bif
GUIMAP - GUICHUI.bif
GUIMG - TB#GEN122.bif
GUIPR - TB#GEN122.bif
GUIREC - TB#GEN122.bif
GUISAVE - GUICHUI.bif
GUISTORE - TB#GEN122.bif
GUITEST - GUICHUI.bif
GUIW - GUICHUI.bif
GUIW08 - TB#GEN122.bif
GUIW10 - TB#GEN122.bif
GUIW12 - GUICHUI.bif
GUIW16 - GUICHUI.bif
GUIW20 - GUICHUI.bif
GUIWMAP - GUICHUI.bif
WORLD - GUICHUI.bif

And I used the new .dll and got a .log, but nothing in it :P (just says it initialized ...)

Oh, and still no problems for me though :D ... yet

Edited by Lollorian, 14 February 2010 - 02:33 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#65 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:24 AM

I'm interested to see how the others go, since you got it working, lol.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#66 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:27 AM

As you expected, managerName = GUICG

The TobEx.log is not meaningfully:

----------------------------------------------------------
TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender (Mon 14 Feb 2010 10:53:03)

The following files are in the override:

guicg.chu
START.chu
GuiMP.chu
Guiconn.chu
GUIChap.CHU

not existing files:

GUILOAD
GUIOPT
GUISAVE
GUIMOVIE

and here are all the 27 CHU files listed in the game:

GUIBASE.CHU
GUICG.CHU
GUICHAP.CHU
GUICONN.CHU
GUICONT.CHU
GUIINV.CHU
GUIJRNL.CHU
GUILOAD.CHU
GUIMAP.CHU
GUIMG.CHU
GUIMOVIE.CHU
GUIMP.CHU
GUIOPT.CHU
GUIPR.CHU
GUIREC.CHU
GUISAVE.CHU
GUISTORE.CHU
GUITEST.CHU
GUIW.CHU
GUIW08.CHU
GUIW10.CHU
GUIW12.CHU
GUIW16.CHU
GUIW20.CHU
GUIWMAP.CHU
START.CHU
WORLD.CHU

Again, this is a clean installation from the originaal CD without any other mod.

#67 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:22 AM

This is where all the files you asked for are sitting

GUICG - Override
GUILOAD - Data\GUICHUI.BIF
GUIOPT - Data\GUICHUI.BIF
GUISAVE - Data\GUICHUI.BIF
START - Data\TDD-RULE.BIF
GUIMP - Data\TDD-RULE.BIF
GUICONN - Data\TDD-RULE.BIF
GUICHAP - Data\TDD-RULE.BIF
GUIMOVIE - GUICHUI.BIF

And a list of all the CHU files..

GUIBASE.CHU
GUICG.CHU
GUICHAP.CHU
GUICONN.CHU
GUICONT.CHU
GUIINV.CHU
GUIJRNL.CHU
GUILOAD.CHU
GUIMAP.CHU
GUIMG.CHU
GUIMOVIE.CHU
GUIMP.CHU
GUIOPT.CHU
GUIPR.CHU
GUIREC.CHU
GUISAVE.CHU
GUISTORE.CHU
GUITEST.CHU
GUIW.CHU
GUIW08.CHU
GUIW10.CHU
GUIW12.CHU
GUIW16.CHU
GUIW20.CHU
GUIWMAP.CHU
START.CHU
WORLD.CHU

The ToBEx log simply says initialized..

TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender (Mon 14 Feb 2010 10:12:23)

But here is what popped into the console box

TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender (Mon 14 Feb 2010 10:12:23)
pScrollBar = 0x0
pBtOption10 = 0x374a550
pBtOption11 = )x0
pPanel ->controlInfo.GetCount() = 0xf
managerName = GUICG

BEGIN BIFFING

ACTION_IF!(FILE_EXISTS ~McFly~) THEN BEGIN
SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#68 MatthewH86

MatthewH86
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:08 PM

Hey, just reporting that this seems to be working for me with the following Weidu and TobEx configurations

Edit: I have the Divine Remix selection of kits installed + Paladins of Faerun

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by MatthewH86, 14 February 2010 - 12:09 PM.

#69 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:04 AM

It might be that a different segment of code that I haven't accounted for loads up GUICG if it isn't loaded on program startup. Will check it out this weekend.

--------------
Retired Modder

#70 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:30 PM

OK, people who are having troubles with the GUI stuff, give this replacement loader a go. I figured that the most likely scenario is that the patches to the virtual EXE image are not being applied before that part of the code executes. This might fix it up. Rename to .exe and chuck in BGII directory. Let me know how it goes.

Edited by Ascension64, 24 February 2010 - 01:01 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#71 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:59 AM

I just tried the new exe. But unfortunately the result remains the same - CTD!

I only get the Message

TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender (Mon 21 Feb 2010 09:27:02)
pScrollBar = 0x0
pBtOption10 = 0x1abd3a0
pBtOption11 = 0x0
pPanel->controlInfo.GetCount() = 0xf
managerName = GUICG

and the message from Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:

Assertion failed!

Program: C:\Programme\Black Isle\BGII - SvA\BGMain.exe
File: .\src\CGameUI.cpp
Line: 509

Expression pBtOption11 !=NULL

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

No entry in the TobEx.log

#72 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:42 PM

Ah, damn. The most difficult thing about this is my inability to reproduce the problem - I am fairly certain that execution of the code before it gets patched is the cause, though, so I will try to dream up another way of trying to fix this.

--------------
Retired Modder

#73 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:07 AM

OK, now try this .zip file. Contains a new .exe, .dll, and .ini.
I changed a whole bunch of things here. The main attempt to fix the issue we have at the moment is to start the main thread of the game in a paused state while the injected DLL makes all the changes. If this doesn't work, I think I will be clueless for a while.

Extract .zip to BGII directory.

--------------
Retired Modder

#74 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:32 AM

HURRAY! IT WORKS! Thanks a lot for your strenuous efforts!

#75 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:45 PM

^^ Absolutely great!!! :coolthumb:

I tried an install with ALL the kits in the BWP ^_^ (although I expected more to show up, it seems some of them show up only for certain races :lol:)

PS: I tried both the download manager version and the version that worked for Leonardo Watson :) Both of them work for me :P

Attached Images

• Baldr000.png
  • Baldr001.png
  • Baldr002.png

Edited by Lollorian, 22 February 2010 - 05:47 PM.

#76 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:41 PM

I expected more to show up, it seems some of them show up only for certain races

Kits are actually coded to display per class/race combos. So, yeah, you can't necessarily see them all for every half-orc character :P.

This is pretty freaking cool though. Nevermind you can only use 6 kits per game anyway :P. But it's enough for someone to kidnap Ascension64 and prevent him from retiring or whatever he's planning :D.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#77 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:19 AM

I expected more to show up, it seems some of them show up only for certain races

Kits are actually coded to display per class/race combos. So, yeah, you can't necessarily see them all for every half-orc character. :P

Time to make a tp2-patcher that reads the AddKit command and then all the K_X_Y'es and updates the functions so they all read ~K_X_H K_X_D K_X_G K_X_E K_X_HL K_X_HL K_X_HO~ where the X is the class.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#78 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:50 AM

Well, I'm glad that's over. I will do some more code cleaning before officially releasing an Alpha 2. Dunno when that will be ready though.

--------------
Retired Modder

#79 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:46 AM

Well, I'm glad that's over. I will do some more code cleaning before officially releasing an Alpha 2. Dunno when that will be ready though.

So you have a yet another secret stash of BG2 hacks... :Tasty:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#80 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:39 AM

Great Success! It works for me too. Can't thank you enough for going the extra mile A64.

Edited by AndrewB, 23 February 2010 - 10:41 AM.

BEGIN BIFFING

ACTION_IF!(FILE_EXISTS ~McFly~) THEN BEGIN
SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING