Photo

Resource Fixer informations

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:37 AM

Miloch posted here in post #22 the "Resource Fixer" at 20.01.

For interest I wanted to test it with a plain BG2 installation (without mods) to see, if there are some issues (like it was done with the Creature Fixer). But the Resource Fixer has not the nice option to report the issues in a log-file (and has no readme, too) and so, I don't know, if the resfixer fixed something, and if yes, what.

I've only the debug-file, but I don't know, what the messages mean.
Attached is the debug-file, perhaps someone else can see in it, what the resfixer has done.

And perhaps it is possible, to update the resfixer, so it reports the issues in a logfile, like the "Creature Fixer" does.

Greetings Leomar

Attached Files

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:14 AM

And perhaps it is possible, to update the resfixer, so it reports the issues in a logfile, like the "Creature Fixer" does.

Yes, I was going to get around to this eventually too (someday). Right now it only searches for and fixes known issues in a BWP install but it was last updated around BWP 5.0 so likely there are more buggered CREs added by new mods etc. (Some of which can't be fixed by any sort of tool as I've mentioned elsewhere - the CREs need to be rebuilt from scratch probably.)

The debug log doesn't tell exactly what the issues were, but most are probably trivial, like BG1 NPCs having the v1 EFF structure. They aren't used in a typical BG2 game anyway, and Ascension64 probably corrected them in BGT. But yes, it would be better to have a custom log file. I will probably include an updated version with Creature Fixer when I get around to that, as well as a similar slot checker currently included with Aurora's Shoes random treasure component (logs issues to invalid_slots.csv - can't remember if it's the same as Creature Fixer). Yes, I've got stuff all over the place, I know :(. Though the Resource Fixer macros are from Nythrun originally (who sadly hasn't been seen for some time).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:14 PM

bg1npc corrects those effects structures - is this failing on bgt somehow?

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:10 AM

I don't think it's "failing"; however, some mods might fail if they hit non-standard CREs, which is the whole reason for providing this as a standalone tool, to be run before BP or other mods that don't do CRE checks for example, and to fix such CREs (other mods like BG1 NPC, RR and Aurora include them already). What Leomar is asking for is an option to output the results to a log file like in CRE fixer, which is doable but a small amount of effort.

These macros should probably just be built into WeiDU. Nythrun coded them and they're used in enough mods by now, so it's pretty safe to say they work. For the record, the macros are (Nythrun's prefix):
  • fj_cre_validity.tpp
  • fj_cre_reindex.tpp
  • fj_cre_eff_v2.tpp
  • fj_spl_itm_reindex.tpp
The latest versions (of which I use anyway) are included in Aurora's Shoes. Resource Fixer just runs the macros on CREs, ITMs and SPLs that have known issues on a BWP install.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle