Photo

SHS forum upgrade, new features and new look!

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#161 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:25 PM

Heya :) Probably something that's not worth bothering about, but ...

The index ...
Posted Image
and in the same page ...
Posted Image

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#162 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:37 PM

Is it just me, or is the Wiki broken?

#163 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:57 AM

Is it just me, or is the Wiki broken?

It isn't just you.

#164 smercurio

smercurio
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:32 PM

I'm guessing there's no update on when searching will be fixed? With the volume of information that's on here ...

#165 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:01 AM

Is there a reason it takes absolutely ages to page through something like a WeiDU.log here (even with code highlighting blocked) and causes Opera to "hang"? When you try to scroll through up or down through it, it'll sit there for a bit then scroll 3 pages or so (even if you clicked just once). Works just fine on forums like G3 (and the old SHS as I recall).

And I hate to nag, but any word on fixing the search function? For some reason, I got logged out after logging on, and now not only can I not View New Content, but I can't even search all posts from the last couple days or so :angry:.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#166 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:58 AM

Thank you for implementing the "Invite Participants" thing for conversations :) Nifty li'l feature that!

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#167 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:21 AM

Is there a reason it takes absolutely ages to page through something like a WeiDU.log here (even with code highlighting blocked) and causes Opera to "hang"? When you try to scroll through up or down through it, it'll sit there for a bit then scroll 3 pages or so (even if you clicked just once).

I have noticed this only happens with codeboxes that have horizontal scrollbars. Would be really nice to disable those somehow, or have the old version of code tags (vs. codebox tags).

Also, re: email notifications, I've noticed I almost always get them for subscribed forums but very rarely for subscribed topics.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#168 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:35 AM

In a new version of download section of SHS there is seemingly wonderful function: link to a support topic for uploaded file. However, as good idea as it is, in most cases clicking it leads to a "We could not determine which forum this topic is in" message. I was unable to find a field to fill about support topic in uploading form, so it must be that generating link to a support topic is automated function that got broken. I wonder if users could help by digging out and submitting this information? If so, how should one do it? I see "report file" button but I'm not sure it was meant for reporting missing link to a forum thread :)

Also, perhaps it's possible to add "support topic" field to an upload form so that uploaders (well, most thorough at least) could fill it when uploading files?

Edited by Creepin, 11 April 2010 - 12:38 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#169 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:50 AM

We decided not to implement the support topic function because there's no way to specify your own support topic; the software creates one for each upload you make--often leading to modders accidentally making an extra topic. For some reason it continues to display--I'll add it to the list of things to investigate... hopefully SConrad gets some time off soon to look into it!

#170 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:59 AM

Hmm, there is at least a few files which also don't have a well made Forum or ReadMe linking, as the address doesn't have the "http://www." -addition in it nor the http/url- linking, which makes the link unbareable slow to copy-paste. As when the link would be with those additions, it would a be within one click away. As it's now 3 clicks copy-'careful not to remove the http://www.'-paste and Enter away.
An Example1, or they all have, except mine. Of course mine doesn't have the url-link cause it can't, cause the code to make it possible is not there to make it workable, or so I would guess cause the instruction is to leave the whole http etc off.

And when a new version is released, usually the bigger mods should have an release/support thread... yes, it might become unreadable if you have 1000 post in the v1.09 BGT thread, but the smaller mods can handle it easily, and the file uplinking post can actually be edited after the file is uploaded, as I have done so a few times myself, in reference to the Cerberus v1.02 file. Of course the release uplinking to the 'support topic' might have changed when you updated the uploading system as the support topic is... I quess at least... done automatically. I know this cause I uploaded the Cerberus (v0.99) after and so it has the 'support topic' which works very well. So it's implemented. But not to the old files.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 12 April 2010 - 02:25 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#171 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:34 AM

What I'm saying is that it's not going to happen, sorry. It's a lot of work for little gain, and it's inconvenient for modders. :)

#172 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:37 AM

When I go to the Download part of SHS (from the main page) and then turn to the foras I get logged out. Why?

Cheers

/Hans

#173 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:43 AM

I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that the link points to a forums.spellholdstudios.net address rather than a shsforums.net one. I've had similar problems when switching between them in the past.