Photo

Vecna

• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#21 jube

jube
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:46 AM

Ok have uploaded vecnav12 but waiting to clear up download page problems.
In the mean time a few guidelines for modders considering placing a quest or quests off world.
Vecna applies the planeshift spell from AD+D REV1 !, all the plane references are in relation to the manual of the planes REV1 ! I have tried to keep to the letter of the spell and the book so please do the same ( no devas appearing in hades ) the only divergence being planeshift is now a mu not cleric spell, by v14 i will introduce the astral spell for clerics.
The planes contain only high lv monsters and npcs, minimum lv to cast planeshift is 18th so you are not going to find orcs wandering around the astral plane :)
Finally in my opinion beyond 25th lv no party should be subject to Cutscenes or script which take important stuff from them, or teleport them unwillingly into danger. At this lv they can stand toe to toe with avitars of gods, they would not fall for a simple teleport or the DM taking stuff with no reasonable explanation.They need to be soundly defeated before anything like that is applied.
Thats about it, anyone is free to use any resources included in the archive for any of their mods, or within vecna

#22 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:27 PM

Yea unfortunately thats where i tried, cant seem to find it mirrored anywhere either, did your version come as an install package? Have reported the link but no idea when will be fixed, do you have working version? is it small enough to post here?

I just downloaded it again from that link - it's the same archive. It has an executable (bamresize.exe) and python scripts, but to do the resize you have to run the scripts from the command prompt. Type 'bamresize -h' for the syntax at a prompt in the BamRes folder once you extract it. Would be nice if they had a readme, but I guess that's what -h is for :D.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#23 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:13 AM

Threads merged, and I have updated the index with the new name of the mod as well. :)

#24 jube

jube
  • 169 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:27 AM

Yea unfortunately thats where i tried, cant seem to find it mirrored anywhere either, did your version come as an install package? Have reported the link but no idea when will be fixed, do you have working version? is it small enough to post here?

I just downloaded it again from that link - it's the same archive. It has an executable (bamresize.exe) and python scripts, but to do the resize you have to run the scripts from the command prompt. Type 'bamresize -h' for the syntax at a prompt in the BamRes folder once you extract it. Would be nice if they had a readme, but I guess that's what -h is for :D.

Thanks mate, you priceless, am suitably embarrassed at not having tried the command line first
Thanks again

:)

#25 jube

jube
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:50 AM

Ok VecnaV12 is now correctly linked to the download link, so available for download, Many thanks to K'aeloree for sorting this poor fool out ( and also to vilkacis for sorting the forum )

:)

I will be play testing tweaking and finishing up spells and scripts for a few weeks so will be updating the archive weekly for a while

#26 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:00 AM

Oh my :unsure: ~250 MB!! Any chance of a lite version without the stuff in IA's packages coming up?? :P Sorry for the trouble :crying:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#27 jube

jube
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:35 PM

Oh my :unsure: ~250 MB!! Any chance of a lite version without the stuff in IA's packages coming up?? :P Sorry for the trouble :crying:

No worries, kind of in the pipeline but wont be for couple of weeks, after a couple of major finishes\updates are published , if you just cant wait your gonna have to grit teeth and dl it :)

#28 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

Thanks!! :D Hopefully, it's included in the next BWP and I get a bugfree version :P (not that I've tried the 250 MB version to find any bugs in it :doh:)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#29 Picollo

Picollo
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:45 AM

Hi, I've been trying to install Your mod, but I have error during instalation. I have no other mod installed, so here is debug file:

WeiDU v 21300 Log

E:\Baldur's Gate II\setup-vecna.exe
[./Chitin.key] loaded, 590551 bytes
[./Chitin.key] 182 BIFFs, 41793 resources
[dialog.tlk] loaded, 8777303 bytes
[dialog.tlk] 74429 string entries
[./Baldur.ini] loaded, 3257 bytes
Possible HD/CD Path: [E:\Baldur's Gate II]
[./CharView.ini] loaded, 0 bytes
[./Keymap.ini] loaded, 5615 bytes
[dialogf.tlk] loaded, 8777761 bytes
[dialogf.tlk] 74429 string entries
[E:\Baldur's Gate II\setup-vecna.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
[dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.
[dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.
Using Language [English]
[English] has 1 top-level TRA files
[vecna/english/wsetup.tra] has 453 translation strings
SETUP-POGADAJZIMPEM.TP2 0 0 Installed

Install Component [Vecna Artifacts]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
Installing [Vecna Artifacts]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [E:\Baldur's Gate II/DATA/25AREAS.BIF]
[E:\Baldur's Gate II/DATA/25AREAS.BIF] 745628 bytes, 90 files, 0 tilesets
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[vecna/bat/t-ansi.txt] loaded, 20 bytes

Your ANSI code page is set to a value of 1250. Files in the content folder
will be updated to match your code page.

Vecna has detected no infinityanimations setup
now will check if included graphic files are sufficient
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[BGMain.exe] loaded, 7843886 bytes
FAILURE:
BGMain.exe not valid - make sure you have a ToB .exe patched to v26498!
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Vecna Artifacts], rolling back to previous state
[vecna/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall 0 files for [VECNA/SETUP-VECNA.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled 0 files for [VECNA/SETUP-VECNA.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Failure("BGMain.exe not valid - make sure you have a ToB .exe patched to v26498!")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-VECNA.DEBUG to alex.ecad.@gmailcom
Using Language [English]
[English] has 1 top-level TRA files
[vecna/english/wsetup.tra] has 453 translation strings

Install Component [Vecna Artifacts]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? Saving This Log:

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Vecna Artifacts

WeiDU Timings
PATCH_PRINT 0.000
adding translation strings 0.000
unmarshal BIFF 0.000
FAIL 0.000
OUTER_INNER_PATCH 0.000
READ_* 0.000
load TLK 0.000
DEFINE_PATCH_MACRO 0.000
OUTER_SPRINT 0.000
DEFINE_ACTION_MACRO 0.000
OUTER_SET 0.000
parsing .log files 0.000
tp2 uninstall 0.000
PATCH_IF 0.000
INCLUDE 0.000
process_patch2 0.000
DEFINE_PATCH_FUNCTION 0.000
Parsing TP2 files 0.015
parsing .tra files 0.016
COPY 0.031
BUT_ONLY 0.047
Parsing TPA files 0.062
unmarshal KEY 0.078
eval_pe 0.093
unmarshal TLK 0.202
loading files 0.298
AT_NOW 0.438
stuff not covered elsewhere 8.001
TOTAL 9.281

And Yes, I have ToB v26498 installed. Polish version, 1 DVD.

#30 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:00 AM

Hi, I've been trying to install Your mod, but I have error during installation. I have no other mod installed, so here is debug file:

WeiDU v 21300 Log

E:\Baldur's Gate II\setup-vecna.exe
[BGMain.exe] loaded, 7843886 bytes
FAILURE:
BGMain.exe not valid - make sure you have a ToB .exe patched to v26498!
Stopping installation because of error...

And Yes, I have ToB v26498 installed. Polish version, 1 DVD.

It's probable that the Polish BGMain.exe doesn't match the exact features as the English/American... so the check is there to make sure your game doesn't brake when you try to install things to it... If you can, you should put the BGMain.exe into an archive and then attach it to a site like this, this is so that jube can find out if he can make the patch do it's work around the problem and allow it to patch the .exe in the next few releases, or search for help if he can't... no promises though.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#31 jube

jube
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:41 PM

Yes i totally agree with Jarno, is most probably due to your polish copy, to check download and install InfinityAnimations B4 ( on this site ) if you get the same error that's defiantly the answer, and direct the fault to their forum. if not please post here and i will start looking into my code ( which is mainly just cut+past+relocate code from IA, for which i take no credit for since its genius )

#32 jube

jube
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:58 AM

Am uploading the first update to vecnav12, now very very close to being a fully working quest, i think v13 is about 2 weeks away.

Just some bad monster behavior left to do, reordering treasure, and a few more cut scenes, and better dialog!

I have quartered a lot of pst bams which will appear in v13, am particularly proud of the 3 new spells which use these new graphics.

#33 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:04 AM

Yes i totally agree with Jarno, is most probably due to your polish copy, to check download and install InfinityAnimations B4 ( on this site ) if you get the same error that's defiantly the answer, and direct the fault to their forum.

This is a known issue with non-Western European languages, with a workaround specified in the readme (basically, set your non-unicode codepage to English, at least while installing mods and running the game). Alternately, you could try using this, though I think you would need to specify both WeiDU.exe and BGMain.exe to use "English" (might be a better option).

It sounds like this is still a beta (or alpha) mod in progress, jube. As is any mod that hasn't really had extensive testing. Are you going to renumber or give it some sort of designation once there's an "official" non-beta release?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#34 jube

jube
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

Yes i totally agree with Jarno, is most probably due to your polish copy, to check download and install InfinityAnimations B4 ( on this site ) if you get the same error that's defiantly the answer, and direct the fault to their forum.

This is a known issue with non-Western European languages, with a workaround specified in the readme (basically, set your non-unicode codepage to English, at least while installing mods and running the game). Alternately, you could try using this, though I think you would need to specify both WeiDU.exe and BGMain.exe to use "English" (might be a better option).

It sounds like this is still a beta (or alpha) mod in progress, jube. As is any mod that hasn't really had extensive testing. Are you going to renumber or give it some sort of designation once there's an "official" non-beta release?

Yep sure is still an alpha, v13 i plan to be equivalent to a beta, in that i would welcome play testers for v13, its around that stage that i plan to tweak the difficulty. V14 i would like to be a final release which will include songs, all sounds tweaked and any sub quests other modders would like to add.
V15 is a way away but i plan to do the aftermath of owning the hand,eye, loloths revenge and start the quest for the rod of seven parts. But thats about it, have zero plans of extending anything past v15.

Interim releases have the suffix u1...uX ( ie vecnaV12u1.rar is V12 update1 )

I wold love to script a Vecna cameo but realised early on if i was at this a year i still would not be able to do him justice ,in person so to speak,( even an avatar! i would rather script Zeus! ) so am sticking to vecna cult members and agents, before V14 i want a Vecna expert to look over the Uber plot to see if i have interperated what he would do correctly

Edited by jube, 10 March 2010 - 10:36 AM.

#35 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:58 PM

You mentioned your mod Vecna is compatible with the BWP v8 and at the moment it exist your notice that Vecna must be installed after the Teleport Spell. What is your recommendation in the install order for Vecna? What do you think is the best place for it, when you have released v14?

And am I right, that your mod will fit perfectly into the BWP Tactic-version?

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#36 jube

jube
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:23 AM

You mentioned your mod Vecna is compatible with the BWP v8 and at the moment it exist your notice that Vecna must be installed after the Teleport Spell. What is your recommendation in the install order for Vecna? What do you think is the best place for it, when you have released v14?

And am I right, that your mod will fit perfectly into the BWP Tactic-version?

Greetings Leomar

Hi, yep its Tactics on steroids :)

Is a place where you can use all those unbalanced overpowered items and spells without feeling guilty, where you can apply all the wonderful spell tricks ( like timestop then whack em with staff of magi with a whirlwind attack, with a 25th lv fighter mage ) and know your still going to have to fight for your life.

And to be sure a place where the rewards would make 25th lv characters salivate, ( no endless stream of +2 weapons )

I have code in the dialogs to exclude any party below 16th lv from the main quest, but low level parties can still get to the main quest if by some miracle they can fight their way out of Hades, and if they can, Hats of to them, they definatly deserve a shot at the quest.

I think the mod is highly recomended to be played in a BW environment, in a vanilla game a party prob wont get to the correct levels till TOB which is near the end, In a BW setup you can at least get to use the items from vecna for at least 1/3 of the game.

Because of the IA code it has to go at the end of the BW setup, next to Auroras shoes i guess since that also has a IA patch, there is an issue here though cos although at the moment i check for IA tp2 install i dont check for Aur Shoes, so if in BW AS is set up and IA is not setup my install will fail, same goes for th AS setup, the easiest solution at the moment is put vecna after AS and i will make a separate check for AS and everything should work, but if another IA mod comes along then both Vecna and AS must check for that also.

Forget teleport, i am including my own version into vecna, and adding a patch to the standard teleport to disallow teleporting to and from the outer planes, that will be there by v13

#37 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:00 AM

A silly questions... where does the mod start? Is it in SoA, ToB or in a random place... just so we know what to look out for.

And if you already know the creature animations you are going to use in the mod, you could add them to here to the list... or at least talk to Erephine or Miloch about listing them in Personal Mails... that way the compatibility can be guaranteed faster, between the three. And if my presumption is right, the BWS, cause the mod content happens in the outer planes, the world map nor much else needs to be checked and re-checked.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 11 March 2010 - 04:33 AM.

#38 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:08 AM

Is a place where you can use all those unbalanced overpowered items and spells without feeling guilty, where you can apply all the wonderful spell tricks ( like timestop then whack em with staff of magi with a whirlwind attack, with a 25th lv fighter mage ) and know your still going to have to fight for your life.

Well that's pretty much a must-have for me then :coolthumb:

May I ask whether the mod is finished or if there are any more quirks to iron out?? (don't wanna download 250 MB and redownload it again a few days later since it got updated :lol:)

@Jarno: The OP mentions that there's a mage in the Gov district to talk to, so it probably starts in SoA :)

#39 jube

jube
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:27 AM

Well that's pretty much a must-have for me then :coolthumb:

May I ask whether the mod is finished or if there are any more quirks to iron out?? (don't wanna download 250 MB and redownload it again a few days later since it got updated :lol:)

@Jarno: The OP mentions that there's a mage in the Gov district to talk to, so it probably starts in SoA :)

Nope far from finished, about 90% is playable in u1, i would consider it an alpha at the mo. V13 is the one for complete play testing, having said that all the Twisted rune complex is complete, less bugs, and most of Lolths lab complex is a go, so maybe worth a bash from a strictly player perspective.

#40 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:36 AM

There is also a huge pre-see-able compatibility block wall. You jube don't have a 'IE Community Filename Prefix Reservations', and so the files names you use are... let say random at best, buggy at worst. So it's time to go here and reserve a prefix so you can then rename everything so they work OK. I understand this will be a huge job, but a guarantee is far better that, "let's see if this helps a bit" for the unfortunate player that was at the end of ToB and get's killed by the final enemy cause it's immune because you wrote over it's .bcs file making it immortal. <_<