File Name: Viconia Revamped
File Submitter: Lava Del'Vortel
File Submitted: 10 Jan 2010
File Category: Miscellaneous Released Mods

VICONIA REVAMPED

PLATFORMS: BG Tutu, BGT, BG2, BGEE, SoD, BG2EE, EET
AUTHOR: Argent77 and Lava Del'Vortel

ABOUT THE MOD:

The mod allows players to tweak Viconia. The mod is divided into seperate components, each providing a change that may affect your experience with the character.

COMPONENTS:

a) Change Viconia's Class:

With this component you may change Viconia's class from cleric to one of the following:
- Dual-classed options: cleric/thief, cleric/assassin, cleric/shadowdancer (EE-only)
- Multi-classed options: cleric/thief, cleric/assassin, cleric/shadowdancer (EE-only)
- Cleric of Shar kits from Deities of Faerun or Faiths and Powers may be used (instead of thief kits), but this mod must be installed after any of those mods.

This component also changes her animation to that of an elven thief (hooded sprite) and adds Holy Symbol of Shar as well as a new 1st level cleric spell to Viconia's spellbook: Hand of Shar. It allows to increase a creature's thieving ability of choice for a short time.

b) Portraits for Viconia:

This component allows you to change Viconia's portrait. Picking one of those also changes her major and minor colors to make them match the new portrait. Existing portrait options:
- BG1 Viconia portrait for SoD, BG2, BGT, EET
- BG2 Viconia portrait for BG1, Tutu, BGT, EET
- SoD Viconia portrait for BG1, BG2, BGT, Tutu, EET
- Drowified BG1 Viconia portrait for any game (by Sanctifer with small tweak by Lava Del'Vortel)
- Recoloured BG2 Viconia portrait for all games
- Restored BG2 Demo Viconia portrait for all games in BG1 style and BG2 style (base found Parys, reworked by lolien, bob_veng and Lava Del'Vortel)

c) Add special ability: Embrace of Shar

This component gives Viconia a new innate ability - Embrace of Shar - that can turn party members invisible and blind nearby foes for a short duration.

d) Apply drow penalty: Day Blindness

This component adds a penalty for keeping Viconia in daylight. If outside during the day, she will receive a -2 penalty to dexterity and THAC0 as well as a -1 penalty to all saving throws. The penalty is dispelled during the night or at indoor areas.

INSTALLATION:

Install as any other WeiDU mod - unzip the archive to your game directory and run Setup-ViconiaRevamped.exe. From that point, follow the instruction that will show up in the installation window.

CREDITS:

Mod authors: Argent77 and Lava Del'Vortel
The mod is based on La'Viconia Tweaks by Lava Del'Vortel, Miloch and help of other amazing people: Morgan, Zirael, Dark, Lollorian, and translator from ArcaneCoast.

VICONIA REVAMPED mod is unofficial Fan Content permitted under the Fan Content Policy. The mod was created to tweak/modify original content. Neither Viconia nor any other tweaked content were created by any of the mod authors and belongs to their respective official creators.

Click here to download this file

#2 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:12 PM

Congrats!

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#3 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:30 PM

Thank you! It's a small mod, but since sometimes I have a problem when chosing a fine thief for my party... I just decided to make her like that. She used to hide, kill, I am sure she knows something about the poisons... I hope someone will find this tweak helpful! :)

#4 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:48 PM

Not bad. What about changing Embrace of Shar into PnP Armor of Darkness. When working on my mod, I've found this one as Nightcloaks of Shar speciality spell.

The spell creates a flickering, impressive-seeming shroud of magical darkness around the caster or a single touched recipient creature. The aura can, if the caster desires, conceal the wearer's features. In any case, it improves the wearer's Armor Class by 1 point for every four experience levels of the caster (round down). It also lessens all nonmagical damage suffered by the wearer by 1d4 points per round. (This reduction changes to 2d4 points it the caster is of 12th level of greater).
-- personal note: this could be changed into 10%/20% physical damage resistance.

The wearer of armor of darkness can see trough the armor as if it did not exist and is also afforded 60-foot-range infravision by the spell. All beings within armor of darkness are immune to hypnotic magic and other effect, that depend on vision and receive +2 bonus on saving throws vs. spells.

-- I'd also add +20% to hide in shadows and silent walking to make Viconia decent stealthy character.

#5 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:56 PM

Maybe it is a fine spell... however, isn't it a bit too powerful? Still, maybe the Holy Symbol of Shar could cast that once per day... And the innate your are writing about can be hard to make in BG2 - I mean the visual part of it. A pity because it would be great to see this shroud of magical darkness.

#6 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:02 PM

As far as I remember some mod (probably SimDing0 Tweak Pack) had drow's Darkness ability with animation of dark globe of invulnerability, maybe it'd be proper.

Ouch, didn't mentioned duration. 1 round/level so it isn't so overpowered.
- +1 to AC/4 levels
- +2 to saves vs. spells
- +10%/+20% resistance to physical damages (this one can be deprecated)
- +10%/+20% bonus to hide in shadows (this one is non-PnP but could be added just to boost Viconia's skills a bit)
- immunity to gaze attacks

Edited by yarpen, 10 January 2010 - 03:04 PM.

#7 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:05 PM

However for now I would like to leave this Embrace of Shar - this project was something like a break when writing something bigger, but when I gonna finish this bigger thing I will probably think what else can be changed in this mod.
It's probably a bit strange, but after I wrote LaViconia I feel like playing with her in party again :D

#8 Sanctifer

Sanctifer

Anarchiviste

• 137 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:13 PM

Hello !
I imagine I could just try it to figure it out but, I was wondering what would happen if I'd install that tweak on a BGT game...
« Regarde moi ces émincés d'oignons, je voudrais tous les enfiler sur une corde pour m'en faire une parure ! »

#9 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:34 AM

I was wondering what would happen if I'd install that tweak on a BGT game...

If it's for BG2, it will affect only the BG2 version of Viconia on BGT.

There is one exception due to BGT compatibility renaming. It will (probably) affect the 6th level Viconia in BG1 (if you are around that level when you get her). Conversely, it will *not* affect the 6th level Viconia in the BG2 part (because BGT renames her from viconi6.cre to viconi61.cre).

If it overwrites, you want to install it before any other mods that affect her (I didn't look at it, but I assume that's what "incompatible with all modification that changes Viconia's .cre files" means).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#10 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:40 AM

It's hard to say... Well, you know, I've never played BGT, only Tutu. Cre files and scripts are the same, it should work, but only for BG2 character, I gues.

#11 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:21 AM

It is as I said, so it's only "partially" compatible with BGT. I suppose I could look at making it compatible (in along the other stuff you have me doing :P) but I would be tempted to change it from overwriting to patching. Which would involve a lot of eyeballing of the .cre files for changes, unless you can summarise what you changed better.

One question though: why make her dual-classed? That is typically for humans according to the rules - IMO she should stay multi-classed.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#12 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:32 AM

She is dual-classed, because all in all, she's more priestress than assassin. Since she is a drow, she should be able to have some abilities in setting traps, in knowledge about poison... drows are also skilled in hiding (and she has been hiding in her past on Surface as well :P)... but still it is part of her hertiage that was forced upon her by culture she was part of, by the drow academy (but please, do not ask me the name! I could never remember those strange name!) After she left underdark, she didn't practice as a thief I gues... she was too much into Shar stuff.
...aerie is an elf who may be mage/cleric and she should be allowed to have that class as well... :P I think the same goes for Xulaye...
I gues I would have to tell you her stats etc... that would be a lot of things... mainly the thievery skills. The sun penalty is set in her script, so there is no need to change that, however it should be changed so it could work for BGT and Tutu...

Should we talk about that via PM? Gosh, you must be overwhelmed with this work that we are sharing lately :P

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 26 October 2010 - 11:34 AM.

#13 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:14 PM

She is dual-classed, because all in all, she's more priestress than assassin. Since she is a drow, she should be able to have some abilities in setting traps, in knowledge about poison... drows are also skilled in hiding (and she has been hiding in her past on Surface as well :P)... but still it is part of her hertiage that was forced upon her by culture she was part of, by the drow academy (but please, do not ask me the name! I could never remember those strange name!) After she left underdark, she didn't practice as a thief I gues... she was too much into Shar stuff.

Ok, fair enough I guess. It's your tweak after all - if someone wants to make her a multiclassed cleric/assassin or whatever, they can use Level 1 NPCs. Or Divine Remix lets her be a Nightcloak of Shar I think.

There are some people who think kitted multi- or dual-classed characters are illegal. Obviously not, if there can be gnome cleric/illusionists and whatnot. And actually cleric/assassin was a valid combo as far back as 1st edition I think (albeit for half-orcs... maybe it makes sense for drow too... they must be somewhat compatible - look at my parents :D).

...aerie is an elf who may be mage/cleric and she should be allowed to have that class as well...

Aerie as cleric/assassin? :blink:

I gues I would have to tell you her stats etc... that would be a lot of things... mainly the thievery skills. The sun penalty is set in her script, so there is no need to change that, however it should be changed so it could work for BGT and Tutu...

Well I guess I can see most of that from the .cre files (and actually I have an automated converter, though it doesn't work for spells and effects, but I guess I can do those manually). But if you want to make it compatible with BGT and Tutu, you'll need to think about what her stats were at lower levels (2, 4 and 6). I guess she would just have been an assassin at this point, not yet having "dualed" to cleric.

Should we talk about that via PM?

I think here is fine - it's not like there's anything "secret" about this mod (like a quest or anything).

#14 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:07 PM

Aerie as cleric/assassin?

God, no! I meant that sometimes rules doesn't apply to NPCs :D That if Aerie may be cleric/mage, when elves can't normally pick that class (I have no idea why, but that's what kit availability says...), then Viconia may be dual-classed.

...BGT and Tutu, you'll need to think about what her stats were at lower levels (2, 4 and 6). I guess she would just have been an assassin at this point, not yet having "dualed" to cleric.

Yeah, and I consider it a problem... she can't be dual when she's of level 2... Maybe she should be dualed then too, but thievery buttons would be blocked?

#15 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:28 PM

Aerie as cleric/assassin?

God, no! I meant that sometimes rules doesn't apply to NPCs :D That if Aerie may be cleric/mage, when elves can't normally pick that class (I have no idea why, but that's what kit availability says...), then Viconia may be dual-classed.

Cleric/Mage is a valid class for Avariel, but not for other Elves.

Edited by Wisp, 26 October 2010 - 11:28 PM.

#16 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:44 PM

Well, I think that authors were thinking about that in different cathegories - that she can, because Quayle taught her. I think the same may go for any drow - knowledge about killing, hiding and poisons is part of their culture.

#17 Sanctifer

Sanctifer

Anarchiviste

• 137 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:47 PM

If it's for BG2, it will affect only the BG2 version of Viconia on BGT.

Well, I kinda knew that but what I meant was, what about the continuity of NPCs caused by BGT (or is it BGT-Tweaks) ?
I mean, I know that, if you don't dual-class Imoen in BG1, she will stay pure thief in BG2 as well.
If you make Viconia use the tome of wisdom (or whatever), her stats will remain changed according to BG1 in BG2.

So, let's say, if she is a normal priestess in BG1 with two bonus points in wisdom, will she stay that way in BG2 ?
Or will the tweak apply ?

(I'm not sure if I make sense ^^ )
« Regarde moi ces émincés d'oignons, je voudrais tous les enfiler sur une corde pour m'en faire une parure ! »

#18 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:54 PM

I gues that's answer for Miloch... I have no idea... well, there is a possible trick - if you already visited Gov Dis and install my mod then, her cre will be swapped with the one that stands bound to the wood. But still, I would wait for Miloch answer if I were you.

#19 Sanctifer

Sanctifer

Anarchiviste

• 137 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:08 AM

There's no hurry ;)

(I don't want to be a pain in the ass though, sorry for the tricky questions)

(Oh, and btw, I really like your mods, LavaDelVortel, so thank you !)

Edited by Sanctifer, 27 October 2010 - 12:09 AM.

#20 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:23 AM

Pf! Liar :P Noone likes La'Viconia :P :D But siriously, I would release more mods if it wasn't for my English... Proofreading will kill me one day... I have 3 ready mods that are being proofread and 1 that needs proofreading and half of a coding...
And you aren't any kind of pain :P I'm glad that people are interested in my mods :)