• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 mr fantastic

mr fantastic
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:36 PM

Hi all

It's me again :)

I suspect that my installation process(BWP8.2-tactic) must have gone wrong at some stage becouse I'm getting a lot of bugs during the game.Or maybe I'm wrong ;) Here's another one:When doing de'Arnise hold quest,Torgal does not show up.There's plenty of other trolls but I can't find him anywhere even with a true vision.Nalia does not even react to her fathers body under the statue.I've never had or even heard about a problem like that.I'm not even able to create Torgal with CLUAConsole for some reason.
Can anyone help me????

Thanks in advance :)

Attached Files

I wanted infravison like the elves...But 'tis more than just taking their eyes

-Xzar

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:07 PM

I'm not even able to create Torgal with CLUAConsole for some reason.

CreateCreature("torgal") doesn't work? Might be some script nuking him as soon as he appears. Might want to do a weidu --change-log on ar1301.are and ar1301.bcs (see pinned FAQ for more instructions), also extract those files with an editor (Near Infinity or DLTCEP) and attach them here.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 mr fantastic

mr fantastic
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:53 AM

That worked fine. :)

Thanks a lot for your help Miloch
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

-Xzar

#4 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:05 AM

That worked fine. :)

Thanks a lot for your help Miloch
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Errr...I have the same problem ....
What, precisely, it worked for you?

Thanks

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:18 AM

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("torgal")

Anyway, it might be awesome if you can do what Miloch said and changelog ar1301.bcs to get a clue of exactly why he's disappearing in the first place ;)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#6 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:11 AM

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("torgal")

Anyway, it might be awesome if you can do what Miloch said and changelog ar1301.bcs to get a clue of exactly why he's disappearing in the first place ;)

Which mod did Torgal disappear?

Attached Files

#7 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:43 PM

Hard to say. Can you open ar1301.bcs with Near Infinity or DLTCEP and paste the script text in SPOILER tags here. Also attach your ar1301.are file exported from your game, to make sure someone didn't patch him out of the area.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#8 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:44 PM

Hard to say. Can you open ar1301.bcs with Near Infinity or DLTCEP and paste the script text in SPOILER tags here. Also attach your ar1301.are file exported from your game, to make sure someone didn't patch him out of the area.

Also, one of the Torgal's has a script block for him to move so that might be what's going on. TORGAL2.CRE I think.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#9 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:51 PM

I have tried to search for all *ar1301* in the \Black Isle folder. This is what I found. What should I consider?
Posted Image

Edited by masterdisorder, 07 November 2010 - 04:52 PM.

#10 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:01 PM

I have tried to search for all *ar1301* in the \Black Isle folder. This is what I found. What should I consider?
Posted Image

Can you open ar1301.bcs with Near Infinity or DLTCEP and paste the script text in SPOILER tags here.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#11 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:12 AM

Also, one of the Torgal's has a script block for him to move so that might be what's going on. TORGAL2.CRE I think.

I couldn't find anything on my BWP install that has him move, unless it's in his dialogue or something. But there is a lot of wacky stuff going on with replacing one Torgal with another via spells, scripts etc. Maybe one disappeared and the other never appeared, or is still "playing dead" or something.

#12 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:31 AM

I couldn't find anything on my BWP install that has him move, unless it's in his dialogue or something. But there is a lot of wacky stuff going on with replacing one Torgal with another via spells, scripts etc. Maybe one disappeared and the other never appeared, or is still "playing dead" or something.

What is the trigger to bring up Torgal?
I have fought several trolls in the throne room / temple .... Some came later, via teleportation (white ovals swirling ...), Nalia's father is dead ....
What I am supposed to do or has already done to bring up Torgal in the original game?

#13 mr fantastic

mr fantastic
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:17 AM

If CLUAConsole doesn't work for you-CLUAConsole:CreateCreature(''torgal''), did you do what Miloch said regarding weidu change log?
I did the change log and everything was ok.There were probably scripts that nuke him him as soon as he appears.(in my case anyway)
As for how to do change log on these files, take a look at Jarno's FAQ guide, which is pinned on the top of the megamod section... :)

-Xzar

#14 -colene-

-colene-

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 22700
[WeiDU.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
override/ar1301.bcs
override/AR1301.BCS TDD/backup/0/AR1301.BCS
override/AR1301.bcs FR_ROV/backup/0/AR1301.bcs
override/AR1301.BCS BPv180/BACKUP/0/AR1301.BCS
override/AR1301.bcs haiass/backup/0/AR1301.bcs
override/AR1301.BCS xpmod/backup/12/AR1301.BCS

Mods affecting AR1301.BCS:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 0 0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01 BWP Fix
00001: ~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ 0 0 // The Darkest Day,  v1.13: v1.13 BWP Trimpack
00002: ~FR_ROV/SETUP-FR_ROV.TP2~ 0 0 // Freedom's Reign (SoA or ToB): v7.1
00003: ~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ 0 0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 180: v180a BWP Fix
00004: ~HAIASS/SETUP-HAIASS.TP2~ 0 0 // Haiass the Wolf: v2.2
00005: ~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ 0 12 // Quest XP Reduction -> Reduce to 50%: v6 BWP Fix

I have this error, but don't know what to do after i make a "change-log"..

#15 -colene-

-colene-

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

Oh, and the basement exit isn't there either ;)

#16 -colene-

-colene-

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

How do i use the "Solution: use Lol's patch: http://www.shsforums...attach_id=24519 to fix the mod "

Do I rename the file Setup-Tactics.tp2.patch to Setup-Tactics.tp2 ? and just overwrite the one i have in my folder?

#17 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

Do I rename the file Setup-Tactics.tp2.patch to Setup-Tactics.tp2 ? and just overwrite the one i have in my folder?

Nope, you need to run the BWP Fixpack which applies the fix to the file. As the patch actually compares the string in it to the .tp2 files lines... you could also open the file with Notepad, and then open the .tp2 file, remove the negatively marked lines from the .tp2 file(without the "-" mark) and add in the positive marked lines(again without the "+" in the line).

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.