#1 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:39 PM

I am currently playing Pokemon Ruby.

And loving it to bits.

I forgot how awesomely clever these games were. My brother yesterday bought Pokemon Soul Silver for the DS, and it made me wonder... so I am now playing Ruby, myself lacking a DS and the funds to buy one.

What are your shameful gaming confessions?

#2 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

I confess . . .

. . . I don't know what Pokemon Ruby (or Silver, Gold, or Chartreuse) is.

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#3 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:11 AM

It's hardly shamefull, I'm currently playing Pokemon SoulSilver, because I played the original Pokemon Silver all those years ago. I think it's great :)
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:08 AM

I confess . . .
. . . I don't know what Pokemon Ruby (or Silver, Gold, or Chartreuse) is.

Believe me, you have lost nothing.
They are this, just a way to make more money out from the original concept, I believe is the right way to express the though process.

Mine, well it would need to be censored, so I am not going there.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 -JR-

-JR-

Machete-Wielding Historian

• Modder
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:41 AM

I am currently playing Pokemon Ruby.

Sapphire is better, I bet you're the kind of person who bought red when they first came out.

Whoah whoah whoah whoah whoah whoah... whoah. There's a new one out?

Believe me, you have lost nothing. They are this, just a way to make more money out from the original concept, I believe is the right way to express the though process.

Hey, I don't care if they're making money if they're making something so cool. The games are so much better than the (arguably) original concept.

Mine, well it would need to be censored, so I am not going there.

You never cease to turn me on, Jarno. Gonna be thinkin' about this one all day with tears of gratitude in my eyes.

"Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." - C.S. Lewis

#6 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:02 AM

Hey, I'm still playing ZAngband. Compared to that, Pokemon is light-years away.

(In my defense, ZAngband is the only game I've found that has "Amberite" as a playable race.)
And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton, surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in
A furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice, some people call them snake-eyes, but to me they look like mice
-- "Nothing's gonna change my clothes", They Might Be Giants

#7 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:14 PM

I'm ashamed to admit that I had to google pokemon to know what it even *was*. How's that for lame?

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:14 AM

I'm ashamed to admit that I had to google pokemon to know what it even *was*. How's that for lame?

It isn't. I'm more ashamed I (vaguely) know what it is.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:15 AM

It isn't. I'm more ashamed I (vaguely) know what it is.

I am too, and the even more worse part is that it not just vaguely.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#10 -JR-

-JR-

• Modder
  • 337 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:26 AM

I knew that a lot of people hated it, but I didn't think there was anyone in the world who didn't know of it. It was everywhere for the longest time, the focus of every movie store, gaming store, even many book and clothing stores in confirmedly Australia, England, Japan, the United States, and probably others. It was probably the single biggest influx of anime into "Western" culture ever.

Not that you should be ashamed if you hadn't seen it (a part of me wishes to join you), I'm just really surprised. I've never seen anything so ridiculously internationally popular for such a long period of time.

"Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." - C.S. Lewis

#11 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:00 AM

I had my days with Pokemon. They are good game but getting way too repeative now imo. I really loved original tho (blue/red/yellow). I've played silver/gold/crystal and also played ruby/sapphire. But I really lost interest by the time I got to ruby/sapphire. Not saying its a bad game... but pokemon doesnt look unique anymore and whole concept hasn't changed at all.

Edited by princesspurpleblob, 18 April 2010 - 03:01 AM.

#12 -JR-

-JR-

• Modder
  • 337 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:20 AM

Definitely. After the third or so batch of creatures they released, I started losing interest. It's just the same thing over and over, with more and more repetition. I still love the games though, both out of nostalgia and because they appeal to the collector/completionist in me.

#13 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:28 AM

I used to be an obsessive Sims 2 player. OBSESSIVE. Still is, when the mood gets me. And I download literally *thousands* of custom clothing, hair, jewellery, make-up... more often than not, I go "OMG WANT IN REAL LIFE KTHX" and, uh, yeah.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#14 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:46 PM

I was once heavily invested in World of Warcraft... until I quit at the end of 2007. And when I say heavily invested, I mean heavily invested. Playing WoW was all I did back then. Over 20 hours of /played in succession regularly...

#15 -JR-

-JR-

• Modder
  • 337 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

I used to be a WoW addict as well. 2 years 2 months clean now.

I got a girlfriend, and these two things are essentially mutually exclusive. :crying:

#16 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:30 PM

Pokemon... Sims... WoW...

Rofl. I dunno which is worse :D. Though I guess I wouldn't know, cause I've never played any of them, but I've seen at least the latter reduce a human being to a mere shell of one...

Well we all have our addictions I guess. I snort Civilization 3 like a crackhead. Like over and over, and I haven't even bothered with modding it (yet) cause it's just that good unmodded. IE modding comes in close to an addiction, but that's more of a casual hobby (I suppose, relatively speaking).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#17 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:20 AM

I used to be a WoW addict as well. 2 years 2 months clean now.

I got a girlfriend, and these two things are essentially mutually exclusive. :crying:

lol in my case it was opposite. My bf got me addicted to WoW (still playing). But I think our days with WoW will end soon for many reasons. I'd say I was more addicted to BG2 than anything else tho lol.

Edited by princesspurpleblob, 19 April 2010 - 12:20 AM.

#18 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:28 AM

I was once heavily invested in World of Warcraft... until I quit at the end of 2007. And when I say heavily invested, I mean heavily invested. Playing WoW was all I did back then. Over 20 hours of /played in succession regularly...

I played Ultima Online for seven years. SEVEN years. Five of which I had no full time job. Ultima Online was my job.
I was part of the roleplay scene so it was very much like starring in your own soap opera, and that was incredibly seductive. Unfortunatley (or perhaps fortunately...I might still be there, otherwise) players kept drifting away to the newer MMOs and the RP scene got smaller and smaller. The army guild I was running became an army of four or five people. It was all a bit sad. We decided to fold the guild and I quit immediately. I've not touched an MMO since.
Having said that, I do play single player games obsessively. I am, and always will be, a gamer.

#19 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:04 AM

Another confession for me is..
I have seven different Guitar Hero games, Yeah...I dunno what to say.
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#20 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:26 AM

Another confession for me is..
I have seven different Guitar Hero games, Yeah...I dunno what to say.

I wouldn't either.*

Confession #2: I've never played Deus Ex, Half Life, or Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Edit to add *: I do admit to having several Singstar games for the PS2, though. Shame.