Photo

Dual Class Crash

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 mp84

mp84
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:41 AM

Honestly, I think it seems to be specific to the Thief dual-class option, because it crashes on either Male or Female, the more and more I think about it, the more I see a paper-doll transition issue between a Thief to a Mage when it's dual classed. (I'm not even sure if that's possible or makes any sense though) So, is there any console cheat I could use that can dual class the character without going through that dual class screen itself?

Eh, not really but you could make/edit such a character with Shadowkeeper or whatever. If both the thief/mage paperdolls/avatars work and you're not wielding any odd weapons or anything, then it's unlikely to be related to those. But you could have two conflicting versions of the avatar-switching components installed maybe (I didn't check your WeiDU.log).

Does Shadowkeeper come with BWS?, if it doesn't, I assume it's something I gotta install separately then? If that's the case, I don't know if that's wise with all the mods I have installed using the BWS. This is a problem, but a minor problem, as I would rather avoid changing stuff in my installation as that could probably cause me more harm then good.

thanks,

#22 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:27 AM

I assume it's something I gotta install separately then?

Yes. It is not another mod, but a tool to edit save games.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#23 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:30 AM

(And maybe, as I suggested, you can change Imoen's appearance and then dual-class her without ctd...) :ph34r:

#24 mp84

mp84
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:18 PM

(And maybe, as I suggested, you can change Imoen's appearance and then dual-class her without ctd...) :ph34r:

You can change her appearance through that program? and thanks for the link Miloch I will try that when I get home as well.

#25 RYUchan

RYUchan
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:40 AM

Good time of the day everyone!

I know it's a bit of a cliche but I really want to thank all guys who are responsible for BWP project. This improved my BG series gaming experience greately 8)

But straight to the point, I've encountered the same problem as this thread stated.

I tried changing appearances in SK but it doesn't work, so I don't think problem is about animations.
I've tested several thiefs in SK and can confirm that default thief when dualed to a mage give a CTD

-Thief dualed to Fighter - nocrash
-Thief dualed to Mage - crash
-Thief(Swashbuckler) dualed to Mage - nocrash
-Thief(Bounty Hunter) dualed to Mage - nocrash

As you can see it doesn't matter if it is Imoen or PC, gender doesn't matter either. For some reason default Thief causes CTD while dualing to a mage. Also it doesn't matter if you dual in game or by means of tools like SK, I set dual class to Imoen in SK and it caused a CTD after I loaded the corresponding savegame.

So about Imoen I just leveled her to a desired level and then changed her to a Bounty Hunter in SK(dunno why, probably because it is the most close to thief imo). After that I dualed her to mage without problem, so if anybody have encountered the same problem this is the walkaround.

But I'm wondering if anybody has a better solution for this problem? Because obviously this bug needs a touch of someone more professional than me. :)

RYUchan

Edited by RYUchan, 26 June 2010 - 12:27 PM.

#26 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:33 AM

Interesting only an unkitted thief dualed to mage causes a crash. Probably something messed up with 2da tables or something, offhand though, I've no idea which or how. I probably asked earlier in the thread, but does any text come back in the Baldur.err file after the crash? If not, I think the latest ToBextender has some additional logging, though I dunno if it'll help.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#27 -Fuma-

-Fuma-

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:48 AM

i had this very problem on imoen.. and i figured out it was the class kit.

Some mod of the mega modification changed imoen kit into charming rogue.. remove that kit via shadowkeeper even after the game has begun and everything will be fine.

To remove the kit just open a save, go to characteristics tab, click on "set value" on the kit entry and insert this code: 0x40000000

It will switch to true class.

hope this will help

#28 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:58 AM

If you've installed a ton of mod kits *and* Refinements, you need to use TobEx to avoid this sort of crashes.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.