Bug's encountered during playthrough BWP 9.1.1

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:53 AM

This is a standard BG2 engine thing - all rangers get 2 bonus points in dual weapons (kinda stupid if you ask me but I think it's also a PnP rule maybe).

Well, if one wishes to fix that, one only has to edit the profs.2da's Ranger line to be 2, and the premade NPC characters.
...to be like:
2DA V1.0
                        FIRST_LEVEL     RATE
MAGE                    1               6
FIGHTER                 4               3
CLERIC                  2               4
THIEF                   2               4
BARD                    2               4
PALADIN                 4               3
DRUID                   2               4
RANGER                  2               3
FIGHTER_MAGE            4               3
FIGHTER_CLERIC          4               3
FIGHTER_THIEF           4               3
FIGHTER_MAGE_THIEF      4               3
MAGE_THIEF              2               4
CLERIC_MAGE             2               4
CLERIC_THIEF            2               4
FIGHTER_DRUID           4               3
FIGHTER_MAGE_CLERIC     4               3
CLERIC_RANGER           4               3
SORCERER                1               6
MONK                    2               4

Its great that there is larger number of magic items around the game, but I think they are way too overpowered. I have AC2 bracers (The best ones in BG2 were AC3). I have bow with +1 str, +2 thac0, +7 damage! I think the best bow in BG2 was worse than this. I have shield which gives +50 resist fire, +50 resist cold, +60 resist lighting, 2 ac and it doesn't even give me casting speed penalty.

Those items most probably come from "The Vault" or "Stone of Askavar"... they aren't balanced by the BP-Balancer meaning that they aren't balanced ... :P

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 12 May 2010 - 08:04 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#22 Bercon

Bercon
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:18 AM

When entering the cloakwoods mine area (5th area in cloakwood) I ran into the Arch Druid, he had 5 or so bears with him. 2 bears were hostile right away, and 3 of stayed neutral the whole time and walked away. The Arch Druid just kept casting protection from fire on himself once every second and didn't do anything else. Perhaps the ring that gives him immunity to fire was cursed? :rolleyes:

#23 Bercon

Bercon
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:06 AM

Okey I picked up Ajantis and his special shield is pretty useless. It grans profiency in shield&sword style, but Ajantis already got that maxed out making the shields special ability completely useless. Additionaly the shield requires 13 dex (which Ajantis has), but wearing any heavier armor reduces dexterity so Ajantis can't use his shield. Since Ajantis is a paladin, being able to wear heavy armor should be reasonable (actually he is wearing such armor by default).

#24 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

When entering the cloakwoods mine area (5th area in cloakwood) I ran into the Arch Druid, he had 5 or so bears with him. 2 bears were hostile right away, and 3 of stayed neutral the whole time and walked away. The Arch Druid just kept casting protection from fire on himself once every second and didn't do anything else.

Pretty sure this guy is from Dark Side of the Sword Coast, though I haven't looked at his items. Might want to report that in the DSotSC forum so maybe the modder can look at it.

Same goes for Ajantis - is that from the Ajantis mod or something? Might be more than one of those for all I know. It really helps if you can figure out how to identify and --change-log these items and creatures. It's not tough, and there should be instructions in the pinned megamod FAQ post or the BWP document itself.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#25 Bercon

Bercon
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:57 AM

Spell scroll "Mage Shield" turns into "Shield" when written into the spell book (lvl 1 spell). The descriptions don't match either. Scrolls description talks something about increasing AC bonus with lvl and the spell just says that you always get fixed AC6.