Photo

Bug's encountered during playthrough BWP 9.1.1

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Bercon

Bercon
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:15 AM

Hey, I'm playing the whole game through from BG1 to TOB. I'll use this thread to list any bugs I encounter, so I don't spam the forums with minor issues.

BWP 9.1.1 with Tactics, Kelsey not installed (I was afraid of spells being overwritten), some missing files nolonger available not installed and Higher HP on lvl up from BG2_Tweak added. BP selected, no SCS.
http://www.ylilammi....Instal_debug.7z

Here are things so far, some minor oddities with NPCs:
- Minsc has two points in Dual weapon style, but since he uses two handed sword, I think he should have two points on Two handed weapon style.
- Quale has 2x magic missile and 1x invisibility memorized on clerical lvl 2 spells (very minor thing really).
- Branwen has 1 point in Sling, while her kit prohibits any ranged weapons.

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:38 AM

- Minsc has two points in Dual weapon style, but since he uses two handed sword, I think he should have two points on Two handed weapon style.

This is a standard BG2 engine thing - all rangers get 2 bonus points in dual weapons (kinda stupid if you ask me but I think it's also a PnP rule maybe).

Branwen has 1 point in Sling, while her kit prohibits any ranged weapons.

I reported this absolutely ages ago in the Divine Remix forum on gibberlings3.net for the Battleguard of Tempus kit. Not sure if it was ever fixed, but it might be something else too.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 Bercon

Bercon
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:30 AM

Xan can't wield his own Moonblade. How are the restrictions such as this made? Looking at the stats requirements they match Xan's so that should't be a limiting factor.

Moonblade: SW1H13.ITM
Xan: *GXAN

Edited by Bercon, 08 May 2010 - 06:30 AM.

#4 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:42 AM

You might copy the item's name into the change-log.bat, let it run and post the result.

#5 Bercon

Bercon
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:57 AM

I fixed the problem by making the weapon usable to Bounty Hunters with near infinity, I don't know why, but it appears Xan here is a bounty hunter. Could it have something to do with Xan being a Sorcerer, not a mage or something?

Change log:

override/SW1H13.ITM
override/SW1H13.ITM RevisedBattles/backup/0/SW1H13.ITM
override/SW1H13.ITM scsII/backup/1000/SW1H13.ITM
override/SW1H13.ITM item_rev/backup/14/SW1H13.ITM
override/SW1H13.ITM item_rev/backup/18/SW1H13.ITM
override/SW1H13.ITM b!tweak_lite/backup/3/SW1H13.ITM

Mods affecting SW1H13.ITM:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ 0 0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.08 (16 Mar 10) BWP Trimpack
00001: ~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ 0 0 // Improved Battles - "erebusant's Patching Version" v6: v6.3 BWP Trimpack and BWP Fix
00002: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 0 1000 // Detectable spells (required for most other components): v13 BWP Fix
00003: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 14 // Remove Cleric Weapon Restrictions from Multi-Classed Clerics: v2 (Hotfix 20091009)
00004: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 18 // Backstabbing Penalties for Inappropriate Weapons -> Backstabbing Penalties Only: v2 (Hotfix 20091009)
00005: ~B!TWEAK_LITE/SETUP-B!TWEAK_LITE.TP2~ 0 3 // Sensible weapon restrictions (based on Ghreyfain's Ashes of Embers): 4 14Feb2010

#6 Bercon

Bercon
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:06 AM

Two assasins, Natalka & Elka that appear right after you come out of the Nashkel Mines are hostile but do not attack or do anything. If I remember correctly they should first talk and then attack ore something.

#7 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:02 PM

I fixed the problem by making the weapon usable to Bounty Hunters with near infinity, I don't know why, but it appears Xan here is a bounty hunter. Could it have something to do with Xan being a Sorcerer, not a mage or something?

Offhand, the only mod I know of that could do that is Level 1 NPCs (and you'd specifically have to tell it to change his class).

The assassin thing is a known issue - I think SCS assigns them scripts so you might want to (re-)report that in its forum.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#8 Bercon

Bercon
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:45 AM

I didn't specifically change Xan into Sorcerer at any point, some mod in Tactics does it by default.

One problem I ran into was I picked up RING23.ITM ring of master mind which apparently is "cursed" and causes permanent feeblemindess on wearer. The problem is "Break Enhacnment" doesn't work (seems ring makes the wearer immune to it) and forces me to Load the game, because there is no other way of removing the ring at this point. While this is not a bug I guess, its pretty stupid to force player to Load.

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:20 AM

One problem I ran into was I picked up RING23.ITM ring of master mind which apparently is "cursed" and causes permanent feeblemindess on wearer. The problem is "Break Enhacnment" doesn't work (seems ring makes the wearer immune to it) and forces me to Load the game, because there is no other way of removing the ring at this point. While this is not a bug I guess, its pretty stupid to force player to Load.

That change is from Salk's Cursed Items mod ... and you didn't have to load ;) If by chance you wear the ring, go speak to Thalantyr :devil: He should notice it ... (stuff like this is why I love these mods :lol:)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#10 Bercon

Bercon
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:13 AM

Ah okey, I gotta try that.

At Ulcaster ruins I fought against some fire giant and got Rod of Refuge as a loot. It transports me to pocket dimension and the the rod disapears. But there is no way out. So you are stuck there until you Load the game?

#11 Bercon

Bercon
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:32 PM

Bandit camp seems to crash constantly. First time I entered as friendly, Tazok and Kivan got into fight, I klled Tazok and everybody else in the camp stayed neutral (blue circle), I think they should attack when I got hostile with Tazok? After starting the fight with rest of the camp by whacking one of them the game crashed.

I've tried three additional imes since, entering map normally (and being hostal right away) but the game keeps crashing to desktop, shortly after I engage the main camp.

Is there any known cause for crashing in Bandit camp?

#12 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:44 PM

At Ulcaster ruins I fought against some fire giant and got Rod of Refuge as a loot. It transports me to pocket dimension and the the rod disapears. But there is no way out. So you are stuck there until you Load the game?

No clue. You might try change-logging either the creature or the item to figure out which mod it's from (see the pinned megamod FAQ for more info on how to do that).

Bandit camp seems to crash constantly. First time I entered as friendly, Tazok and Kivan got into fight, I klled Tazok and everybody else in the camp stayed neutral (blue circle), I think they should attack when I got hostile with Tazok? After starting the fight with rest of the camp by whacking one of them the game crashed.

I've tried three additional imes since, entering map normally (and being hostal right away) but the game keeps crashing to desktop, shortly after I engage the main camp.

Is there any known cause for crashing in Bandit camp?

Post the contents of your Baldur.err file in your main game folder whenever you get crashes. The last time I heard of something like this, it was because some of the bandits had throwable weapons with zero charges (which is invalid, needs to be set to 1 at least). Someone posted a fix for that but I'm sure it's pretty well buried now.

#13 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:17 PM

No clue. You might try change-logging either the creature or the item to figure out which mod it's from (see the pinned megamod FAQ for more info on how to do that)

The Rod of Refuge is from Konalan's Tweaks and the fire giant in question is ichary.cre (wasn't he a skelly??)

The item seems to have effects that set a GLOBAL, play a visual effect and create the second rod (that teleports ya back) ... the GLOBAL being set starts the cutscene to tele you to the plane. Maybe you should've given it some time to create the item?? :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#14 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:29 PM

The Rod of Refuge is from Konalan's Tweaks and the fire giant in question is ichary.cre (wasn't he a skelly??)

I would guess he meant a verbeeg, which is a known issue with IA (fixed for next release).

#15 Bercon

Bercon
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:45 AM

Yeah here is the error log: http://www.ylilammi....ldur/Baldur.err

I think the problem was one enemy maged called vekth or something of like that. Killing him fast prevented any crashing. I noticed he had some darts etc. on him, but when he attacked after casting a spell he used fists. I think he might be the culprit here.

Edited by Bercon, 11 May 2010 - 02:50 AM.

#16 Bercon

Bercon
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:19 PM

I found Cloack of NON-detection from Cloakwood. I believe this is not a bug, but it feels kinda stupid that NON-detection cloak creates a huge blue sphere around the wearer and emits "force-field" sound. Posted Image

#17 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:42 PM

I think the problem was one enemy maged called vekth or something of like that. Killing him fast prevented any crashing. I noticed he had some darts etc. on him, but when he attacked after casting a spell he used fists. I think he might be the culprit here.

This was a known issue with NTotSC, the Vault or something from a long time ago I thought fixed. Can you export your venkt.cre from your game with an editor and attach it here? Also do a weidu --change-log on it if you can and post the results.

As for the cloak, if you get the item code from the area or whatever, you can figure out which mod it's from (and even remove those effects yourself if you want).

#18 Bercon

Bercon
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:01 PM

Oh btw. Should there have been some battle at the big tent of the bandit camp? It was empty except some neutral slave. I remember having really hard time with this battle during previous playthroughs but now there was nothing.

http://www.ylilammi...._change-log.txt
http://www.ylilammi....aldur/VENKT.CRE

#19 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:59 PM

Posted a Venkt fix here. You'd have to change the .tp2 and reinstall the mod though, or hack around the CRE to fix it in your game (which might also be buried in your save game somewhere unless you've got one from before you visited the area).

Edit: actually, this should work too if you extract it and drop it in your override folder.
Attached File  venkt.rar   521bytes   174 downloads

Oh btw. Should there have been some battle at the big tent of the bandit camp? It was empty except some neutral slave. I remember having really hard time with this battle during previous playthroughs but now there was nothing.

The main tent (ar8701.are) should have at least Raemon, Venkt, Hakt and Britik. So it wasn't empty since you obviously encountered Venkt at least (well sort of, until it crashed). Maybe it was a different tent - some are rather sparsely populated. Though it's kind of hard to miss the biggest one...

Edited by Miloch, 11 May 2010 - 05:48 PM.

#20 Bercon

Bercon
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:45 AM

Yeah actually I ran into all of those guys during the battle with the camp, outdoors. No wonder it was so hard <_<

Its great that there is larger number of magic items around the game, but I think they are way too overpowered. I have AC2 bracers (The best ones in BG2 were AC3). I have bow with +1 str, +2 thac0, +7 damage! I think the best bow in BG2 was worse than this. I have shield which gives +50 resist fire, +50 resist cold, +60 resist lighting, 2 ac and it doesn't even give me casting speed penalty.

I think stats of all these items could easily be halved and they'd still be really good for BG1. They'd still be a lot more powerful than all original items in BG1 combined!