BPv180 (beta) is Released

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:44 PM

Mainly the Race script is the concern as older verisons (BP177) wiped the scripts out so they only have a general CBWTMONS or something similar. That script has no attack commands.

The latest version shouldn't be wiping any scripts that I know of. It just replaces some generic scripts with BP's versions (like wtasight => bpwtasgt).

OK, good to know. I was looking through my reference installation as that was a past problem. BP had been updated since then so it sounds like it is all cleared up :)

Edited by Hoppy, 26 September 2010 - 08:44 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#22 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

Ähm, what's new in the new version? :ph34r:
Have you finished updating the mod?

#23 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

Not finished yet I guess :P

The changes from v180a to v180b is the addition of a Russian translation and an updated Italian translation and two minor bug fixes (throwing daggers).

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#24 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:35 AM

Hello Horred, hello Miloch,

Here is the .tra files updated for the french translation. I tested its in an install and all works fine. :)

Cheers!

BP v180b doesn't have the french update that was posted last year (in June). Would it be possible to include it?

#25 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:51 PM

Done.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#26 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:11 PM

Thanks.

#27 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:38 AM

Line 5414-5418

COPY ~BPv180/ITM/CLOAKMI.ITM~ 	~override/CLOAKMI.ITM~ 	
 SAY NAME1 @52 
 SAY NAME2 @53 
 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @54 
 SAY DESC @55

where's this item from? I couldn't find it in RoT, SoS, TDD or CtB. It got miraculously added to wmart2.sto in my game, change-log doesn't help and the bam reference points to a non-existant bam (icloakmi).

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#28 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:10 PM

where's this item from? I couldn't find it in RoT, SoS, TDD or CtB. It got miraculously added to wmart2.sto in my game, change-log doesn't help and the bam reference points to a non-existant bam (icloakmi).

It is from NEJ and the BAM is there too. I guess we need to check if these item files don't already exist in some other mod, patch them if so instead of overwriting them, else include all resources (like BAMs) if they're not already there.

Unique Containers adds it to wmart2.sto, or fixes the existing reference there - it does something similar to another botched NEJ/BP cloak (mantlecs.itm) in t-store_fixes.tpa.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#29 -Diana K-

-Diana K-

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:24 AM

Hello! :) Just a quick question as I'm not the most technically minded person: if I've installed BP-Ascension (and only that component), is it compatible with the Turnabout mod? I saw a thread here that said there were problems with the previous BPv179, but in the same thread it was also mentioned that some kind of code would be added to fix the problem?

#30 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:02 AM

There's a small fix for BP here :P The first attachment in that post (spell_fixes.txt) has details of exactly what got modified and why... please feel free to bash for any wrong changes :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#31 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

With BGTv1.13 out, A84 noted here that there's a huge overhaul of the biffing process and the old checks for BGT might not work :P BPv180b uses BG1BCS.bif as a check in 2 places in its .tp2 :)

It would be great to change them to require a GAME_IS ~BGT~ condition rather than checking for the biff :P

#32 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:57 AM

With BGTv1.13 out, A64 noted here that there's a huge overhaul of the biffing process and the old checks for BGT might not work :P BPv180b uses BG1BCS.bif as a check in 2 places in its .tp2 :)

It would be great to change them to require a GAME_IS ~BGT~ condition rather than checking for the biff :P

That could be a quite urgent issue and require a new update...

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#33 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

@Lollorian
You probably meant BG1ARE.bif and not BG1BCS.bif.

But an update should be unnecessary, as A64 inlcuded the code for a tiny BG1ARE.bif, which ensures backwards compatibility with a host of other mods besides the big ones.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#34 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

From the .tp2, line 7474:
// pro5 Fix: http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=22774
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~data/BG1BCS.bif~ THEN BEGIN
  COPY_EXISTING ~DROTH.cre~     ~override~
    READ_ASCII 0x250 "Class"
    PATCH_IF (("%Class%" STRING_COMPARE_CASE "INITDLG") = 0) BEGIN
      WRITE_ASCII 0x250 ~BPMAGE3~
    END
  BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
END
and line 22931:
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~data/BG1BCS.bif~ THEN BEGIN
  COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP ~SHOAL.cre~     ~override~
                       ~TENYA.cre~     ~override~
                       ~TENYA2.cre~    ~override~
                       ~HAER[0-9]*\.cre~ ~override~
    WRITE_ASCII 0x268 ~WTASIGHT~
  BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

// Azazello
// pro5 Fix: http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=22774

// But these won't work with them, so they need to be yanked like bad teeth!
//   COPY_EXISTING ~DROTH.cre~     ~override~
//     WRITE_ASCII 0x250 ~BPMAGE3~
//   BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

END
If it was BG1ARE.bif, 23 mod forums would've needed to be warned :devil: SCS also uses BG1MOVIE.bif in its BGT-TuTu tpa, but BGT does create this file so that's also a non-problem :)

#35 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

I probably recoded all that kind of stuff anyway to use ACTION_FOR_EACH/ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~somefile~/COPY_EXISTING ~somefile~ or something, but a new version is still a ways away... will need to go through and see what we have left to do.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#36 -Adam-

-Adam-

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

I'm a user of South Korea..

Now This link is unavailable..

Can I get this version?

Please someone send me or fix the link

Cuz.. Sadly.. Korean patch doesn't work on BPv180b, 180c

That's why I need it..

Plz.. Here is my E-mail : xcvcx156@gmail.com