Photo

Is it possible to go back to the Deep Gardens after leaving?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 ahungry

ahungry
  • Modder
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

I have been playing through a BWP recommended install and upon reaching Baldur's Gate chapter 2 did the quest to end up in the Deep Gardens.

Unfortunately, I only came down with 4000 or so gold and it seems like gold is very limited down there. I see great items on the vendors, unfortunately I don't think it will be possible to purchase them during my initial visit.

When I leave DG will I be able to come back, or should I have waited until my party had more gold?

#2 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:30 PM

Unfortunately, I only came down with 4000 or so gold and it seems like gold is very limited down there. I see great items on the vendors, unfortunately I don't think it will be possible to purchase them during my initial visit.

When I leave DG will I be able to come back, or should I have waited until my party had more gold?

Once you leave, it's impossible to return (short of using the console to teleport yourself back).

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#3 ahungry

ahungry
  • Modder
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:38 PM

Once you leave, it's impossible to return (short of using the console to teleport yourself back).

Wow I really used the word unfortunate a lot in my post. Thanks for the info!

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:36 AM

And you get the area name by pushing the X -key in the game when you are in the area...
And then you put this into the Console when you wish to travel back and forth:
CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("<string>")
Where the <string> is the area name...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:56 AM

As Daulmakan said - one you leave Deep Gardens the only way back is using console. I think I mentioned in readme that it's good to go there when you already have full party you wouldn't rather change and with levels 12-13 or higher. You should have some gold already then.

I hope that excluding gold topic your run through the Deep Gardens was enjoyable :)