Photo

Elka - Natalka not attacking

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:19 PM

I met Elka and Natalka when i leave Nashkel mines. They are hostile (have red circle) but does not attack you. Natalka starts invisible. They both chase/follow you all over the map but still don't attack.

Another post for the same problem:
Elka - Natalka and Imanel Silversword not attacking

Suggestion?
Thank you in advice

Attached Files

#2 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:25 AM

I met Elka and Natalka when i leave Nashkel mines. They are hostile (have red circle) but does not attack you. Natalka starts invisible. They both chase/follow you all over the map but still don't attack.

Another post for the same problem:
Elka - Natalka and Imanel Silversword not attacking

Suggestion?
Thank you in advice

So, yours are both hostile but not attacking?
Could you please post their .cre files and change-log them? I'd like to see what script they've got

I have an hostile one and one who remains neutral, even if I attack her. Moreover, they spawn regardless of mulahey being dead.

I think it happens because:

- they all should be neutral, and their enemy-ally offset should be changed by lamalha's dialogue
- the .dlg file associated with lamalha should be changed; it should also make the two new ones turn hostile
- in the ar3900.bcs file that spawns them, the spawning script should require Dead(Mulahey)
- probably, the two creatures miss a script to make them move (like xvart protectors)

anyway, I've started fixing some of these issues; I'll post a fix mod as soon as I can

ps: I'm sorry for OT, but as you've got BP installed (which caused me some issues) ... could you please check whether xvart protectors in xvart village behave properly, and whether shar-teel's duel works well, without her turning hostile?

Edited by Turambar, 27 August 2010 - 04:36 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#3 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:09 AM

So, yours are both hostile but not attacking?
Could you please post their .cre files and change-log them? I'd like to see what script they've got

I have an hostile one and one who remains neutral, even if I attack her. Moreover, they spawn regardless of mulahey being dead.

I think it happens because:

- they all should be neutral, and their enemy-ally offset should be changed by lamalha's dialogue
- the .dlg file associated with lamalha should be changed; it should also make the two new ones turn hostile
- in the ar3900.bcs file that spawns them, the spawning script should require Dead(Mulahey)
- probably, the two creatures miss a script to make them move (like xvart protectors)

anyway, I've started fixing some of these issues; I'll post a fix mod as soon as I can

ps: I'm sorry for OT, but as you've got BP installed (which caused me some issues) ... could you please check whether xvart protectors in xvart village behave properly, and whether shar-teel's duel works well, without her turning hostile?

Thanks for your reply
Here are their .cre files
In my BGII - SOA directory i've 17 copies of their .cre files (i've posted my search result)
How can i post the change-log? What is a change-log?
Have not yet reached the village xvart; as soon i get there i place the result
shar-teel's duel works well, she doesn't turn hostile

Attached Files

Edited by masterdisorder, 27 August 2010 - 07:10 AM.

#4 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:05 AM

How can i post the change-log? What is a change-log?

It's written at number 6, here

Here are their .cre files
In my BGII - SOA directory i've 17 copies of their .cre files (i've posted my search result)

Which ones did you post?
Anyway, the ones you are using now have been biffed, which means they are no more individual files. You need an editor such as Near Infinity; using that, you can see the file and export it. I need to check what script they're using, in order to correct that

Do you mean you were able to get S-T into the group?

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#5 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

It's written at number 6, here

Ok will post the changelog as soon as possible

Which ones did you post?

I posted those in \Programmi\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\NTotSC\CRE

Anyway, the ones you are using now have been biffed, which means they are no more individual files. You need an editor such as Near Infinity; using that, you can see the file and export it. I need to check what script they're using, in order to correct that

That seems quite difficult, i've never used Near Infinity, but i'll try

Do you mean you were able to get S-T into the group?

Yes, but when reputation arrived at 16 she left my group

#6 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:51 PM

That seems quite difficult, i've never used Near Infinity, but i'll try

It's a java applet; you have to put it in your game folder, run it and you have a menu on the left with all file types; you need the cre s

Yes, but when reputation arrived at 16 she left my group

That's all right then; she's evil. Maybe my problem depended on the installation order. thanks

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#7 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:37 AM

Here you can find a fix for the elka-natalka issue.

Please tell me if it works.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#8 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

Here you can find a fix for the elka-natalka issue.

Please tell me if it works.

Thank you Turambar for your work

Finally I'm arrived at the Xvart village.
Unfortunately I saw your post when I had already killed all the village(...) ; I can confirm the xvart protectors not attack.
I installed your patch, but I'm playing, I do not know if it can function like this or should I start a new game..
If I see changes I'll report them immediately

I have another problem: I started the game two weeks ago with a half-orc F / T to have Use Any Item: doing a test with CluaConsole: SetCurrentXp(3000000) I see now that among the high-level abilities USE ANY ITEM is MISSING! I do not know if it is an option loaded by a mod or a bug, but I have to figure out which mod caused the error, it can be excluded from my next installation.

Any tips?

Attached Files

Edited by masterdisorder, 30 August 2010 - 12:16 PM.

#9 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:56 AM

Finally I'm arrived at the Xvart village.
Unfortunately I saw your post when I had already killed all the village(...) ; I can confirm the xvart protectors not attack.
I installed your patch, but I'm playing, I do not know if it can function like this or should I start a new game..
If I see changes I'll report them immediately

It should work with any creature you have not met yet.

If you're interested, I've just uploaded a new version which includes a fix for Fenten's quest with Ankhegs in BG; look at this topic if you're interested.

I have another problem: I started the game two weeks ago with a half-orc F / T to have Use Any Item: doing a test with CluaConsole: SetCurrentXp(3000000) I see now that among the high-level abilities USE ANY ITEM is MISSING! I do not know if it is an option loaded by a mod or a bug, but I have to figure out which mod caused the error, it can be excluded from my next installation.

Any tips?

I don't know; you should ask that in the megamod help, I think

Edited by Turambar, 31 August 2010 - 09:25 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#10 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:23 AM

double, sorry!

Edited by Turambar, 31 August 2010 - 09:24 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#11 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:53 PM

New installation
I post here to avoid creating additional threads

I'm in Beregost : in a house i find Mommy and Daddy : daddy is an ogre but it doesn't attack
Someone has a fix?

Thank you

Attached Files

#12 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:24 PM

New installation
I post here to avoid creating additional threads

I'm in Beregost : in a house i find Mommy and Daddy : daddy is an ogre but it doesn't attack
Someone has a fix?

Thank you

Another of those scripts from BP.

I'll work on it now. Tank you for reporting it. Had not been in that house yet, which one is it?

edit: it's almost ready (just copied the xvart stuff), but I've got a few troubles in compiling the BP scripts; moreover, I was working on another component, so I can't upload the new version now. Other tweaks coming...

Edited by Turambar, 03 September 2010 - 01:46 PM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#13 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:08 AM

Ok, I've uploaded the new version of the fixpack; please download it and re-install it.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#14 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:36 PM

One question: If I do not take Jet'laya in the group, I can not start any of the DSOTSC quest?

#15 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:35 PM

One question: If I do not take Jet'laya in the group, I can not start any of the DSOTSC quest?

I'm sure that you can't start the first quest, and you must complete each to receive the following one.
I don't think that she's required for the other quests to start, so I think you could drop her after returning the amulet to her uncle; I can't see such conditions in the dialogues

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#16 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:06 AM

Poor Jet'laya - no one seems to want her :(. Seems to be a common complaint - see here. I suppose it could be changed so she follows you around and fights (like Haiass) during the duration of the quest, but hmm, would require a lot of hacking around.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#17 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:37 AM

Jet'Laya :wub:

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#18 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

Seems to be a common complaint - see here.

That complaint applies to all NPCs that I just recruit to complete their quests (even vanilla Jan, Valygar and all other homies :D) ... but it might be useful in Ferthgil's case :P By the time you reach him in the 254th floor of the cave you really don't wanna let him join and leave a party member stranded :unsure: (he also doesn't seem to give the quest-item hammer if he doesn't join :()

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#19 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:58 PM

That's the point to use the "NPCs wait at an inn" option (from BG1 NPC/SCS etc.) and say "Yo, Jaheira, it's been real but why don't you go grab a room for us at the Prancing Pony, now there's a good gel *pat pat*" ... "So, Jet'laya... what were you saying again? Oh, you weren't saying much, nevermind." (Hmm, do I really need another surly dwarf in my party? Yeh, why not, he's got some good lines.)

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#20 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:23 PM

Yeh, why not, he's got some good lines.

Something tells me you had something to do with them :P (owing to your repeated mentions of his "good lines" :ROFL:)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod