• Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:34 AM

File Name: Turambar fixes and tweaks 1.8.1
File Submitter: Turambar
File Submitted: 31 Aug 2010
File Updated: 01 Oct 2011
File Category: Miscellaneous Released Mods

group 1: BGII - BGT - DSotSC - NTotSC fixpack (recommended!)

1 - for Italian users only - Nalia's ring name correction (corrects a typo)

2 - Northern Tales fixes

* Corrects Nadali's dialogue file, allowing all missions related to Draagis to be completed even if you haven't spoken to Nadali before finishing the Northern Citadel quest.
* Corrects the Fire of Bhaal Sword, which couldn't be used by thieves although it was a longsword.
* Corrects some graphical problems (black square near the Northern Citadel, missing icons...)
* Fixes a mummy-related issue which could break Korgan's quest

3 - Dark Side fixes - not needed if Big World fixpack has been used
Fixes a bug with Elgenon's club

4 - Inactive creatures fix
Corrects some invalid script references which cause some hostile creatures (such as xvart protectors, Elka, Ogre Dad in Beregost, ...) to just stand there while you're killing them.
Also fixes a script-related bug which could make the Durlag's tower quest unfinishable.

5 - Gerde's quest and other related fixes
This component should improve varios things which have to do with this quest.
First of all, it restores Gerde getting angry if you kill too many ankheg (it was already buggy in BG1, so it's not fixed by BGT), unless you've already done it before talking to her for the first time.
Moreover, it solves all incompatibilities between Gerde's quest and the BG1NPC banters, which made Gerde's quest unfinishable.
Finally, the triggers of Faldorn's dialogue have been changed to prevent her from leaving if too many ankhegs are killed all together: with this fix, she'll at least warn you once (due to the quite complex script involved, a slight lag could happen; I suggest that you wait some moments after killing the ankhegs, before talking to Gerde again). Should be installed both after BGT and BG1NPC.

6 - Worldmap fix - for BGT - DEPRECATED
The fix has been included in Wisp's new version of the worldmap mod. Use that instead.

7 - Creatures fix
Corrects some creatures who have the wrong class, race and so on; this resulted, for instance, in talking animals, and in a crash related to EMAD...

8 - Xvart Village Rebalancing - for DSotSC
Changes the spawns in the village so that the number of xvarts depends on the party's level and number of NPCs.

9 - Anomen Proficiency fixes
As the fixpack gives him a spear proficiency, but he can't use that weapon, this component changes it to proficiency in flail.

10 - SoBH fixes
This fix changes Billybob's staff into the cleric's staff +3: it's still a powerful and shining staff, but he's now visible so that you can talk to him.
Thanks to Lollorian for reporting this bug to me.

11 - other compatibility fixes
This component contains different fixes, for compatibility problems between old mods I've been told of, such as:

* SoS + CtB could cause infinite spawning of Prelate Wessalen, under rare circumstances;
* Different mods overwriting Koshi could break the twisted rune quest from Baldurdash

group 2: Tweaks for BGII and BGT

1 - Skeleton Warriors all have the same immunities: you can chose among
a - BG2 immunities (recommended; it includes immunity from all sorts of charme)
b - BG1 immunities
Both choices can also help against the glowing undead bug of IA (see change log)

2 - Fenten buys more ankheg shells
Fenten is a dwarf in western BG who asks you to fight ankhegs; he says he'll pay you 250 GP for each shell, but gives you that much money regardless of how many you brought him. Chose among
a - Fix only: he'll pay you 250 GP for EACH shell you take him, but only once in the game.
b - Infinite shells: He'll buy every shell you give him.

3 - Keiria and Skeezer not available until chapter 4
I think that they are far too powerful for a level 1 group which has just arrived in Nashkell.
This idea actually comes from a DSotSC and NTotSC (quite accurate, but not perfect, or not updated) walkthrough, which said that they should work like that.

4 - Helm of alignment change
Provides a way to get it without cheating: now, HE also has it when you finally slay HIM.

5 - Reflection cloak tweaks: you can chose among
a - The cloak does not protect against the most powerful area spells, such as Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting
b - Original Cloak of Spell Reflection (SoA), which reflects the spells back on the opponent, but does not protect against any area spell

6 - Enhanced Nalia's ring
which also gives her +15 to stealth and hide, +10 to lockpicking, +5 to pickpocket and trap finding

7 - Daystar protects from level drain
I think that a weapon which was specifically created to fight the undead should also provide that

8 - Cespenar can improve the Daystar using the Tyr's Eye
This component is completely compatible with and independent from the 3rd one.
The improved Daystar is a +4/+6 weapon (instead of +2/+4), gives additional protection against undead, and some resistance to magic.
As there are now three different weapons which can be enhanced with the Tyr's Eye, and it is usually found quite late in the game, I've added an extra one...

9 - Shar Teel's proficiencies
I think that, due to her high DEX and low CON, she is much better if you give her one handed weapons and a shield; especially if you dual-class her into a thief, she will definitely need them.
This mod gives her the opportunity to change her proficiencies; as I plan to make a new component which gives Shar Teel a kit, there will be warnings about weapon-kit compatibilities.

10 - Enable bard class for elves - TOBEX included!
TOBex has two options only, in its customization component: enable all restrictions, or default only. I think that the former is excessive, but elves are a very 'musical' race, so they should be allowed to become bards.
You can't install this component after the bladesinger; reinstallation works regardless of the bladesinger kit being installed on top.

11 - Free action allows defensive spin
Fixes what I consider a bug in the fixpack, which protected the blades from their own defensive spin because it blocks their movement. This fix allows them to use the spell, and makes their movement penalty ignore free action.

12 - Turambar's revised thieving skills and spell learning XP reward table
As the rewards were really too high at low levels, BGT reduced them quite a lot. But the bonus is now really too low when you reach high levels.
My new table uses the BGT table for low levels, but the bonus increases until it reaches the original TOB amount.
The bonus for spell learning has been improved as well.

13 - Slow Drow item disintegration - TOBEX included! (MORE INFORMATION IN THE README (below)!)
This mod should fix and complete the similar mod from BG2Tweaks, which had many bugs and compatibility issue.
I'll try to describe all features in order:
- The mod should break any 'normal' drow item check, which means that drow items won't be destroyed whenever you reach the surface.
- Instead, every hour you spend in the sun, your items have a certain probability to crumble down.
- Whenever you use a drow item in combat, they could disintegrate as well; bolts could disintegrate as well, reducing their effects to very little damage (I could not completely prevent them from causing any damage due to engine limitations)
- Some spells, such as sunray, force all items to make an extra check or be disintegrated.

This mod also changes some area flags, which caused some underdark areas to be considered in the sunlight. As area files are stored in saved games, if you have already started a new game, you might need the...

13 bis - Fix areas stored in saved games
This component is only available if you installed the previous one; it exports area patches from the previous component to all saved games.
Not installing that component could lead to drow weapons disintegrating in some areas where there should be no sunlight.
This component automatically backs up the save files.

14 - Dragons are not immune to backstabbing
Vanilla dragons have both a permanent effect of dispel invisibility and immunity to backstab. I believe, though, that 'immunity to backstab' means, that a creature has no weak points for anatomical reasons. This tweak only removes the 'immunity to backstab' opcode, so, if you find a way to sneak past the dragon, you'll be able to backstab him. You'll have to find a way to sneak, though...

15 - Pink Panther
for those who miss the pink panthers which could have appeared due to a bug in component 13...

group 3: New kits - some are required for the next group; all can be used for character creation; TOBex recommended
A better description of each kit is included in the README.

1 - Amazon (from TDD) - needed for one Shar-Teel subcomponent
Fighter kit; provides HP bonus, some special abilities such as charm animals, First Hit (great bonus to hit and damage for 1 round), Poison Weapon; favourite weapons are bow and spear, can't reach 5* proficiency with any other weapon.

2 - Priest of Shar (from TDD, revisited) - needed for Viconia
Cleric kit which provides extra illusion and necromancy spells and abilities; some restrictions for spells concerning light.

3 - Priest of Tempus (from NEJ, fixed) - needed for Branwen
Cleric kit which provides extra combat abilities and some extra innate spells, very useful in fighting.

4 - Bladesinger (from TDD, revised) - needed for one Keiria subcomponent - TOBex recommended
Bard kit; provides HP bonus, special combat abilities, combat bonuses, but has less lore than other bards, and no thieving skills.
If TOBex is not yet installed, or the bard class has not been activated for elves yet (through component 10 of group 2 or other mods), it will only allow this bard kit to be used by elves, and remove all other kits from the elves list.

group 4: BG1 kit project

These components give a kit to some BG1 NPCs; they also fix their equipment etc. to make it compatible with the kit. Components marked with * mean that the kit is included in group 3; it has to be installed before.

1 - Shar Teel: chose among Kensai and Amazon* (can choose weapon proficiencies)

2 - Viconia: priest of Shar*

3 - Branwen: priest of Tempus*

4 - Keiria (from DS): chose among Blade or Bladesinger* (both can choose weapon proficiencies)

5 - Will Scarlet O'Hara (from NT): skald

6 - Eldoth Kron: jester

If you like NPC kits, you can find an Assassin kit for Montaron in BG2 Tweaks

Click here to download this file

Attached Files

Edited by Turambar, 01 October 2011 - 12:33 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:05 PM

Nice work. Haven't look at the content, but if you can think of how to make it work with BP, let me know, since I was making some edits to BP (mainly to make it patching instead of overwriting). Might be as simple as putting in a variable check, or REQUIRE_PREDICATE NOT MOD_IS_INSTALLED type of check for the component(s) or something like that.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:14 PM

thank you for all your hints!

some edits to BP (mainly to make it patching instead of overwriting)

That's why I said BP should be installed before. Anyway, my fixpack only adds missing scripts and corrects some non-existing ones, and does not patch any creature if it's already got a valid script, so it should work with BP.

Anyway, I'm installing a new BGT game with BP to test it

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#4 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:57 PM

Thank you for your mod!! Posted Image

Edited by ilot, 31 August 2010 - 01:00 PM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#5 -ModMaker-

-ModMaker-

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:41 PM

Thank you for your mod!! Posted Image

Fenten's tweak is helpful, my thx.

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:10 PM

Well I meant mainly that if DS and BP both install the same or similar "Improved Xvart village" components, it should be easy enough to skip one if the other is installed. But I don't know, so I was asking what you thought. Maybe there are aspects from both that could work, if duplication could be avoided.

Edit: also, you seem to have several posts on this that are (basically) the same. Since at least one gets generated automatically from uploading the file, you might ask an admin (K'aeloree) to merge them in whatever forum is most appropriate (offhand I'd say DS/NT unless there's a lot of fixes for other mods).

Edited by Miloch, 31 August 2010 - 03:12 PM.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#7 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:05 AM

Well I meant mainly that if DS and BP both install the same or similar "Improved Xvart village" components, it should be easy enough to skip one if the other is installed. But I don't know, so I was asking what you thought. Maybe there are aspects from both that could work, if duplication could be avoided.

I hope my English is understandable...

The component is exactly the same; it is an indipendent component in BP, whereas it belongs to DS's main component.

BP's xvart village component overwrites the AR3498.bcs script. So, installing it after DS cancels the DS village and re-writes it. DS apends to AR3498.bcs exactly the same lines, so installing DS after BP causes a duplication of the xvarts.

The extra creatures (xvart_d, which are the protectors, xvartpre, the shamans, and maybe some others) are copied and overwritten by both mods. Without BP's main component, Xvarts from both mods don't have any valid scripts.

It's also come out that BP and BGT, together, cause problems with the shar teel duel, so the most obvious solution, to install DS and then BP, has some problems.

I wonder wether someone could like the double-improved xvart village; anyway, there should be a warning at least...

Anyway, to avoid double installation, I think some good changes for the next versions (if there will be any; I don't know if these mods are still supported) of both mods would be:
- in BP, to put a FORBID_COMPONENT SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2 0 on the xvart village component; moreover, it should check if the creatures exist before copying them:

COPY ~BPv180/XVART/XVART02.CRE~            ~override/XVART02.CRE~        
  SAY ...
should be put between ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME %xvart% BEGIN ... END
and the same with xvart_d , xvart03 , xvartpre (maybe, using an ACTION_FOR_EACH, to avoid writing it 4 times)

It should also EXTEND_BOTTOM ~AR3498.bcs~ ~BPv180/XVART/AR3498.BAF~ instead of COMPILE ~BPv180/XVART/AR3498.BAF~

- In DS, the same check to avoid overwriting should be done, and the whole xvart village part should only be done
ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME xvart_d.cre
That's the xvart protectors, and I think they only exist if the village has been improved. Also, the needed scripts should be added if they don't EXIST_IN_GAME yet (I'll put that in my fixpack as well, and recommend to install it BEFORE Aurora (see below))

- In both mods, I think that we could give the xvarts their racial script as well, or does it interfere with their BP script?

Another thing I've seen: I've installed Aurora after DS; when it added some scripts to most creatures (ARGRANDR.bcs, A6SHATTE.bcs , I think both came from Aurora), and, as the xvart_d had an invalid script, they assigned it instead of the missing BP one. Now, even if I copy the missing scripts into my override folder, the xvart protectors won't act anyway. Wouldn't it be better to assign them to empty slots first, and to invalid slots only if there aren't enough?

edit: for the natalka and elka bug, the script they have does not apparently exist in ANY mod. As they are very similar to Telka, I'll suggest to change their originals so that they are enemy/ally:neutral, and patch them giving the scripts from hers as I did in my fixpack during the COPY process; the Lamalha dialogue and AR....bcs script should also be corrected, I'll write a better patch for the dialogue using D actions.

Edit: also, you seem to have several posts on this that are (basically) the same. Since at least one gets generated automatically from uploading the file, you might ask an admin (K'aeloree) to merge them in whatever forum is most appropriate (offhand I'd say DS/NT unless there's a lot of fixes for other mods).

There are some BG2 tweaks as well, I'll use the miscellaneous release mods forum now (I didn't know uploading also opened a topic, so I opened it twice, but I'll ask that).

Edited by Turambar, 01 September 2010 - 12:50 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:20 PM

I hope my English is understandable...

It's better than most English-speakers' :D.

BP's xvart village component overwrites the AR3498.bcs script.

Yeah, this should be changed. Haven't gotten to the optional components yet, though they're not much work compared with the main component.

It's also come out that BP and BGT, together, cause problems with the shar teel duel, so the most obvious solution, to install DS and then BP, has some problems.

Most likely not caused by BP unless you can pin it to something specific (I replied in that thread).

in BP, to put a FORBID_COMPONENT SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2 0 on the xvart village component; moreover, it should check if the creatures exist before copying them...

Aye, fair enough.

In both mods, I think that we could give the xvarts their racial script as well, or does it interfere with their BP script?

All that does is make them attack, but yes, they should have some script that does that. With BP, it is unnecessary, but could come *after* any other scripts (in the race script slot, when there's a BP class script or something) as it won't do anything if there's a higher-level script that attacks. Alternately, DS could check if BP is installed. If so, assign the BP script. If not, assign the generic xvart.bcs.

Another thing I've seen: I've installed Aurora after DS; when it added some scripts to most creatures (AGRANDRB.bcs, A6SHATTE.bcs , I think both came from Aurora)

Only the first is from Aurora; the 2nd from BGT Tweaks (Breakable Armour or something).

and, as the xvart_d had an invalid script, they assigned it instead of the missing BP one. Now, even if I copy the missing scripts into my override folder, the xvart protectors won't act anyway. Wouldn't it be better to assign them to empty slots first, and to invalid slots only if there aren't enough?

Aurora only assigns a script if the slot is blank or "none", not if there's a script assigned, whether it's invalid or not (code is in lib/t-random.tpa). Not sure about BGT Tweaks, might want to ask Ascension64 about that in its thread (or look at the code).

edit: for the natalka and elka bug, the script they have does not apparently exist in ANY mod. As they are very similar to Telka, I'll suggest to change their originals so that they are enemy/ally:neutral, and patch them giving the scripts from hers as I did in my fixpack during the COPY process; the Lamalha dialogue and AR....bcs script should also be corrected, I'll write a better patch for the dialogue using D actions.

Eh, ok, I'll take you're word for all that :D. Sounds fair enough without looking into it more.

#9 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:04 AM

[quote name='Miloch' date='01 September 2010 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1283376017' post='495657']
[quote]BP's xvart village component overwrites the AR3498.bcs script.[/quote]Yeah, this should be changed. Haven't gotten to the optional components yet, though they're not much work compared with the main component.[/quote][/quote]
Please, when you do it, don't COPY the xvarts if they already exist, it creates many problems.
For example, I've noticed a BigWorld installation...
[quote]~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2400 // Enemy items shatter: 9 (31 Dec 09)
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2400 // Enemy items shatter: 9 (31 Dec 09)[adds a script]
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2500 // Access Ulgoth's Beard west of Wyrm's Crossing only: 9 (31 Dec 09)
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2600 // Prevent access to Durlag's Tower from adjacent areas: 9 (31 Dec 09)
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2700 // Put Sword of Chaos +2 in Sarevok's inventory: 9 (31 Dec 09)
~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 180: v180a BWP Fix
~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar: v180a BWP Fix
~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer: v180a BWP Fix
~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #11 // Kuroisan the Acid Kensai, by Westley Weimer: v180a BWP Fix
~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer: v180a BWP Fix
~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #13 // Improved Xvart Village, for BGT-weidu: v180a BWP Fix[/quote]

The first of those components is overwritten in all Xvarts and all other BP-changed creatures!
[quote name='Miloch' date='01 September 2010 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1283376017' post='495657']
[quote]In both mods, I think that we could give the xvarts their racial script as well, or does it interfere with their BP script?[/quote]All that does is make them attack, but yes, they should have some script that does that. With BP, it is unnecessary, but could come *after* any other scripts (in the race script slot, when there's a BP class script or something) as it won't do anything if there's a higher-level script that attacks. Alternately, DS could check if BP is installed. If so, assign the BP script. If not, assign the generic xvart.bcs.[/quote]

How does the priority system between the scripts work?
I've written a new version whichadds all scripts these creature should have, without overwriting the old ones.

Anyway, I've tried to add the BP script, to my fixpack: if it doesn't EXIST, it is added.
The only thing is, I had errors compiling it. he didn't like "SIMULACRUM":
RandomNumLT(28,22)
  OR(4) //4
    See([GOODCUTOFF.0.0.0.0.SUMMONED_DEMON])
    See([GOODCUTOFF.0.0.0.0.SUMMONED])
    See([GOODCUTOFF.0.0.0.SIMULACRUM])
    See([GOODCUTOFF.0.0.0.0.ILLUSIONARY])

Looking at the BP tp2, I noticed the line:
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~207 SIMULACRUM~ UNLESS ~SIMULACRUM~
I don't know what it *means*, but if I do it before compiling, the script is compiled.

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~xvart_d.cre~ AND NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~BPWDASGT.bcs~ BEGIN			//dsotsc without scripts
	APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~207 SIMULACRUM~ UNLESS ~SIMULACRUM~											//from BP
	COMPILE ~Turambar_fixes_tweaks\BAF\BPWDASGT.baf~
END

Do you think I can do that in my fixpack, or is it better to use a modified script with OR(3) and no SIMULACRUM?

For the

the 2nd from BGT Tweaks (Breakable Armour or something). Not sure about BGT Tweaks, might want to ask Ascension64 about that in its thread (or look at the code).[/quote] Yes, that mod only checks if the script exists.

Edited by Turambar, 02 September 2010 - 08:05 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:42 AM

Please, when you do it, don't COPY the xvarts if they already exist, it creates many problems.

Who said *I* was going to do it? Notice how I cunningly said "it should be changed" not "I should change it" :P. (Yeah, it's on my list... just not enough time for all mods though...).

How does the priority system between the scripts work?

I explained it somewhat in the Shar-Teel thread, but basically creature scripts get executed from top to bottom (override, class, race, general, default). Scripts execute something like 15 times a second (depending on machine speed I'd imagine). If in execution, it hits a block that's FALSE, it skips and goes to the next block. If it finds a block that evaluates TRUE, it executes it and then goes back to the top of the scripting loop *unless* there's a Continue() in the current block. In that case, it executes the current block and goes to the next one.

Anyway, I've tried to add the BP script, to my fixpack: if it doesn't EXIST, it is added.
The only thing is, I had errors compiling it. he didn't like "SIMULACRUM":

RandomNumLT(28,22)
  OR(4) //4
    See([GOODCUTOFF.0.0.0.0.SUMMONED_DEMON])
    See([GOODCUTOFF.0.0.0.0.SUMMONED])
    See([GOODCUTOFF.0.0.0.SIMULACRUM])
    See([GOODCUTOFF.0.0.0.0.ILLUSIONARY])

As per the IESDP, the format is [EA.GENERAL.RACE.CLASS.SPECIFIC.GENDER.ALIGN]. Each field within the identifier is from the associated IDS file. An entry of 0 in a field will match any value. For example: [ENEMY.0.0.MAGE] specifies all creatures that are enemies of the party, any general category, any race, mages. "GOODCUTOFF" matches allegiance 30 or lower in ea.ids (basically allies of the party); EVILCUTOFF matches an allegiance 200 or higher (basically enemies of the party).

Looking at the BP tp2, I noticed the line:

APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~207 SIMULACRUM~ UNLESS ~SIMULACRUM~
I don't know what it *means*, but if I do it before compiling, the script is compiled.

The value of SIMULACRUM has to exist in specific.ids or the script won't compile with it. Because as you see above, you are using that value in that targetting slot (the 5th one there; GOODCUTOFF being the first that matches ea.ids).

Do you think I can do that in my fixpack, or is it better to use a modified script with OR(3) and no SIMULACRUM?

The UNLESS means SIMULACRUM won't be added to specific.ids if it already exists there, so it's fine to use anywhere. If you're compiling a script from another mod though, make sure it doesn't exist first, or it'll get overwritten (edit: nevermind, you are doing that already).

Edited by Miloch, 02 September 2010 - 11:44 AM.

#11 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:00 AM

New version uploaded (1.0b2)!

if you have an older version, it is suggested that you reinstall it (at least, the inactive creatures fixpack), unless you have installed too many mods afterwards

What's new:

- Fix for Ogre dad in bereghost added to inactive creatures fix
- The inactive creatures fix now compiles the BP scripts originally intended for those creatures
- Some code improvements
- Daystar & Tyr's Eye component
- Shar Teel proficiency component
- Keiria and Skeezer component

thanks masterofdisorder for reporting the NTogreda invalid script bug!

edit: I've changed the uploaded file because of an issue with the BP scripts; if you get an error, try re-downloading it

Edited by Turambar, 05 September 2010 - 01:06 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#12 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:16 AM

New version uploaded 1.1 !!
DO NOT [R]e-install!

change log:
1.1:
(if you have an older version, it is suggested that you uninstall it and re-install it (do not use the R option!) (some components have been reordered), unless you have installed too many mods afterwards)

- Gerde Fix (see description)
- Mum joins Dad (an ogre with a dwarf? ugh!) in the Inactive scripts fix; I've included the NT demon knights as well
- components have been put in a more logical order
- skeleton warriors all get bg2 (or 1) immunities; this component, if installed after IA, also solves a glowing undead problem (at least, for skeleton warriors)
- helm of alignment change: it can be available without cheating

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#13 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:38 AM

Just pitching in to say that this is an awesome idea! :coolthumb: (love the fixes! :wub:)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#14 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:04 PM

Just pitching in to say that this is an awesome idea! :coolthumb: (love the fixes! :wub:)

thanks! this, though, is the wrong thread (I opened two by mistake) (the right and updated one is here); I've asked if it's possible to merge them

Edited by Turambar, 12 September 2010 - 02:05 PM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#15 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:05 PM

If you sent a pm, I never got it, but yeah, it's possible. So possible, in fact, that it's already done.

#16 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:41 PM

So possible, in fact, that it's already done.

Shouldn't this thread be merged too? Pretty sure it's the same mod...

#17 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:05 AM

Seeing as the op there linked to this thread... yeah.

In the future, please keep it in one thread. There's really no need to crosspost between sections.

[edit] I have also merged the intro posts to un-clutter the thread a bit.

Edited by vilkacis, 13 September 2010 - 11:10 AM.

#18 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:47 AM

Seeing as the op there linked to this thread... yeah.

In the future, please keep it in one thread. There's really no need to crosspost between sections.

[edit] I have also merged the intro posts to un-clutter the thread a bit.

Thank you. I've removed the repetitions in the intro; I'll just use this thread now.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#19 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:12 PM

New version uploaded!! 1.2

The new version contains some new components, which can be installed beside the old ones, without need to re-install!
A new fix has been included; this one is for the worldmap with revised travel times.

The other new components are the first part of the BG1 NPC kit project!
BG1 has plenty of NPCs, and DS and NT add even more: I think that giving them a kit can make them much more unique and enjoyable.

Some NPCs use some of the standard kits; others need particular kits, which have to be installed separately (so that you can use those kits in character creation, even if you don't like them on that particular NPC).

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#20 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:38 PM

The other new components are the first part of the BG1 NPC kit project!
BG1 has plenty of NPCs, and DS and NT add even more: I think that giving them a kit can make them much more unique and enjoyable.

Nice, but shouldn't you be able to do most of that with Level 1 NPCs? Or have you actually customised the kits?