• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#121 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:46 AM

So how about extending the BWS GUI to Level 1 NPCs, so you can just select checkboxes for NPCs you want to mod (greyed-out if you don't have them), with sub-boxes for kits, proficiencies etc.? :whistling:

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#122 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:48 AM

I think the component list must be updated manually - tb#tweaks is very out of sync, for instance.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#123 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:16 AM

@Miloch:
Didn't know that barbarians were jesters after all. :D
I could add the option to edit the npcs, but selection should be made by the user. The other stuff beyond that is just too complex.

@The Bigg:
It's not out of sync. The BWS has all components translations that are available.
I just did not add most stuff that has a [N]o in the PDF (is left out in the batch).
I don't know if that [N]o components are not installed due to some preferences, crash the game or have additional conflicts or dependencies. (My knowledge concerning that subject is close to null, so I don't want to add new problems.)

If you know that your mod does not have any conflicts, adding the disabled components so the user can choose to have them would be easy.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#124 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:33 AM

It's not out of sync. The BWS has all components translations that are available.
I just did not add most stuff that has a [N]o in the PDF (is left out in the batch).
I don't know if that [N]o components are not installed due to some preferences, crash the game or have additional conflicts or dependencies. (My knowledge concerning that subject is close to null, so I don't want to add new problems.)

If you know that your mod does not have any conflicts, adding the disabled components so the user can choose to have them would be easy.

I'm pretty sure they have no conflicts (in fact, Demi said that the 3rd edition stat components would integrate nicely with IR/SR). Even if they do, I think that it'd be easy to list the dependancies in the BWS beta and let users decide for themselves.
WeiDU has a --list-components feature, that (might) speed up the process of listing new components.

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#125 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:22 AM

I'm pretty sure they have no conflicts (in fact, Demi said that the 3rd edition stat components would integrate nicely with IR/SR). Even if they do, I think that it'd be easy to list the dependancies in the BWS beta and let users decide for themselves.

Ok, so I'll add them but leave them disabled, since it was a 2nd edition game (well, a bit "enhanced").
So the user can add them and I'll add conflicts if there are any.
It's not like I dislike certain mods/components, I just don't want to make the installation error-prone because I added content that's left out for a reason.

WeiDU has a --list-components feature, that (might) speed up the process of listing new components.

Yes, I requested, know, like and use this a lot. In fact I doubt that I'd be able to create the BWS without it and the "--list-languages"-switch. So thanks for both of them. :)
(And to take the chance: Thanks for keeping WeiDU current.)

#126 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:14 PM

Hi there.

I've made a demo of a new selection-screen. I've tried to put all mods into fitting groups/themes like quests, tweaks, npc and so on. Sorted by the ABC. Mods are splitted to fit into the groups. SCS can be found at tweaks, encounters and AI.

Here's a picture:
Posted Image

If you want to help me that the mods are put at the correct place, load the package and just continue on the folder-screen. An installation is not needed.

The checkboxes for the new trees don't have a function assigned
The splitted mods need some kind of link or note so people recognize that there is more
The install itself will not work

It's just a demo to see if things are ok or something is missing and basically to confirm if you would like to have that build into the BWS or not.

Please notice that I have not played most of the mods and so might have put them into the wrong group.
If you'd like to help with the sorting, edit the Config\Select.txt by using some copy & paste for the lines that need to be moved. After a restart of the BWS, you should see the effect.

Edited by dabus, 20 October 2010 - 01:14 PM.

#127 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:45 AM

TS-Fix is not installed due to missing 2 in line 1987
<<< %IFN% bwp_test %IFXS%NeJ2%IFIF%TS-BP.exe Call %INST% NeJ2v60 "2"
>>> %IFN% bwp_test %IFXS%NeJ2%IFIF%TS-BP.exe Call %INST% NeJ2v602 "2"

Turambar_fixes_tweaks component 17 and 18 are missing
<<< Call %INST% Turambar_fixes_tweaks "11 12 13 14 15 16 2000 2003 2004 2005 2007 2010 2020 2023"
>>> Call %INST% Turambar_fixes_tweaks "11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 2000 2003 2004 2005 2007 2010 2020 2023"
Since the bat is usually more current than the pdf, I guess it's ok though.

Edited by dabus, 23 October 2010 - 01:19 PM.

#128 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:19 PM

Hmm, something I was wondering since I'll probably be slowly retiring my use of .rar files due to the proprietary nature, and I don't feel like downloading and messing with WinRar every time I change computers. As in the recently updated Thrown Hammers, where I changed over to .zip which hopefully won't cause any issues with the BWP/BWS.

So, opinions on the best archive format? I know this has been discussed before but not recently that I recall. I find .zip probably the most usable. It's not perhaps as *compact* as 7-Zip's .7z, but it seems a lot faster, and the extra space saving with .7z probably isn't worth the wasted time. Plus .zip is probably a bit more universal, and I already mentioned .rar's proprietary nature. The only problem with .zip seems to be when I used WinZip to archive the files on a non-standard algorithm's compression with some IA files (which I can avoid in the future).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#129 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:16 AM

So, opinions on the best archive format?

Well, what I find is that the .rar's are the fastest to unpack, with WinRAR... in the auto/manual_when_the_file_is_big, but it's not significant if the files are less than megabyte in size... but it begins to be seen in the 100MB's already. So for small to madium mods, use the .zip, in big one should use the .rar(or .exe, but I hate the .exe's).

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#130 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:55 AM

Ts25mini is translated to German but won't get installed due to the %IFA% in
%IFA% Call %INST% ts25mini "0 1 2 3 4 5"

#131 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:33 AM

Well, two componentes are translated (Der Zielort eines Untoten and Das Geheimnis der Trollhöhle), Der Duft des Schwarzen Lotus will be finished this weekend (have to test merchants / priests in temple, bridge and govenmente district). The Detectable spells component also has to be included (and I'll have a look how this works together with SCSII). The remaining two should... not be included... yet. :P

I recommend standard installation. Der Zielort eines Untoten doesn't include any battles. Der Duft des Schwarzen Lotus includes some, but the difficult part can be done when one wants to and therefore people might wait if it's too difficult. Das Geheimnis der Trollhöhle is difficult, including a battle with a lich, but one is warned and can also wait as long as one wants. The lich AI is a bit better than the vanilla AI, but not as hard as SCSII mage AI. Nevertheless, tough (but fair) battle... :cheers:

So, from (probably) Sunday and the next fixpack-update onwards:

%IFGS% Call %INST% ts25mini "0 1 2 3"

or

%IFGS%ts25mini%S%ts25mini%L%1%SK% 0 1 2 3 | %M%

or whatever...

(Language 0 is Japanese, language 1 is German...)

Component 5 can be installed in the expert version, bug is fixed (posted in the Fixpack-thread)

If you find the time, you might change (in the pdf) component 4 to Die Leiden eines Hexenmeisters and Die Bitten einer edlen Dame (she has quite a lot of them...).

Edited by Fennek, 04 November 2010 - 08:46 AM.

#132 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:37 PM

I suggest that Every Mod and Dog and Refinements cannot be installed together. This shapeshifting-bug with wolfm.itm causes ctd, what should not happen at all anywhere except for the expert installation.
(If anybody knows the specific components, he might add them; I guess the Refinements-component is
Refinements - Heal on shifting back to human (Default) ).

The alternative would be to automatically copy back wolfm.itm from the backup of refinements into the override folder, although I have no idea if the Refinements component still makes sense in the case.)

Yikari-NPC has a component that provides (better) compatibility with BP. This component should be included.

Small mod, which you might not yet have seen:
http://www.shsforums...trap-revisions/

Edited by Fennek, 06 November 2010 - 08:32 PM.

#133 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:36 AM

New mod which might be included in the tactic-version, if it is stable:

Thread: http://www.shsforums...45

Mod: http://www.shsforums...ds&showfile=924

Edited by Fennek, 15 November 2010 - 04:37 AM.

#134 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:56 AM

I suggest that Every Mod and Dog and Refinements cannot be installed together. This shapeshifting-bug with wolfm.itm causes ctd, what should not happen at all anywhere except for the expert installation.
(If anybody knows the specific components, he might add them; I guess the Refinements-component is Refinements - Heal on shifting back to human (Default) ).

The alternative would be to automatically copy back wolfm.itm from the backup of refinements into the override folder, although I have no idea if the Refinements component still makes sense in the case.)

I instead suggest that EMAD be altered so that the creature casts Shapeshift to Wolf, rather than being created with wolfm.itm in its inventory. This also means that it'll get the proper abilities if any mod changed the way Shapeshift to Wolf works.

#135 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:25 AM

@The Bigg: Certainly the better way, but EMaD is not supported anymore, afair - at least, nothing is happenig. (It was, however, recently sugggested to Turambar to have a look on it.)

#136 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:40 AM

G3 is pretty open to doing bug fixing on its hosted mods in the absence of the author, and there's always the BiG World Fixpack.

#137 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:27 PM

JA#BGT_Tweaks component 23 gets installed in English installs but shouldn't since it adds some German sounds to NPC. At least that's what the pdf / batch tell.

#138 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:59 AM

BWPFixpack 9.6 somehow managed to move Er'vonyrah's (sovereign) fixes into SoS' fixes :lol: Also, the fixpack's list of fixes file really needs some love :unsure:

PS: No Elistraee's Song?? :crying:

Edited by Lollorian, 22 December 2010 - 07:01 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#139 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 09:09 AM

I)
%IFS%d0tweak%IFIF%BPv180.exe Call %INST% MTS_Crappack "30"
is removed because it's not needed any more, but there's still
%IFNS%MTS_Crappack%IFIF%d0tweak%IFIF%BPv180.exe %TXT%@103
which shows

"The MTS Crappack" is not present yet. "The MTS Crappack" must be installed
for entire compatibility with Big Picture.

II) English ts25mini includes German description.

Edited by dabus, 25 December 2010 - 12:58 PM.

#140 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:38 AM

Spanish Textpack misses an ending/closing ~ in BiG World Textpack\spell_rev\_copy\languages\spanish\devine.tra, line 888 which results in weidu rejecting the installations since translations aren't defined.

Al ejecutar este conjuro, el sacerdote hace que todas las criaturas amistosas que estén dentro del área de efecto se ven afectadas por un conjuro de Protección contra el mal. Las criaturas que abandonen el área aún seguirán bajo los efectos del conjuro, mientras que aquéllas que entren después de que el conjuro haya sido completado no.~

Guys want no foreign languages per default: click.

Edited by dabus, 18 January 2011 - 01:05 PM.