Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:23 AM

This is coming from here:
http://www.shsforums...d/page__st__200
http://www.shsforums...post__p__496593
http://www.shsforums...post__p__496630

@Lollorian:
AR0400-test can here be found :
http://www.shsforums...post__p__496320

I cannot attach the AR0400 from the installation with your patch (without ~AR0400.are~), because I cannot open it with NI. :whistling:
(error reading AR0400.are; 184859929)

Regarding ICQ: I never installed ICQ-software (actually deinstalled it), being more an email and PM-guy. Maybe talk here or via PM? I mean it's not urgent... People have to wait until it's done... :devil:
(Not that I already had translated the whole component... :whistling: )

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:32 AM

Damn, looks like the patch caused even more problems if it became unreadable :unsure: That was officially a FAIL! :coolthumb:

Like Hoppy said over there, Miloch might be your answer :D

Anyway, it's IRC (click this to use your browser as a client - choose a nick and chat :D) ... only if you wanna though :lol:

Edited by Lollorian, 12 September 2010 - 11:39 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

Like Hoppy said over there, Miloch might be your answer

Huh? Not sure what the actual bug is. Not sure if I want to know... (I try to stay away from stuff like monster TDD threads too :ph34r:.)

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:21 PM

Well, the actual bug is a lot of unused bytes in the are files patched by ts25 :D (The files in question are attached in the 4th link in Fennek's post)

Looking at the are in DLTCEP and NI give warnings about misplaced vector offsets :unsure:

The relevant code is there, there's also the .tph that's attached here :P

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#5 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:35 PM

Well, the actual bug is a lot of unused bytes in the are files patched by ts25

Ugh. Well obviously it isn't patching the areas correctly. You might consider rewriting it to use a more standard technique like the area patching macro in Aurora (/lib/fj_add_are_struct.tpa - which may eventually make it into WeiDU also). No, I'm not offering to do that though :P - got enough on my plate. (I suppose it's high time I documented the syntax at least in that thread though.)

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#6 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:38 PM

I suppose it's high time I documented the syntax at least in that thread though.

... would help me in ...

consider rewriting

:D

#7 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:47 AM

Miloch intervened. :Bow: And vansished again... :o
Anyway, if somebody here needs further information I can provide, please tell me, but as far as I know I posted all relevant data.

Regarding IRC: Never heard about that. :ph34r: And I think before I start to install stuff and have to read all these instructions (and actually use them... probably I'll accidently start to talk to everybody...), we should talk here or via pm. :whistling: Sorry, laziness after work... :cheers:

#8 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:33 AM

There's nothing to install, it's an irc per webpage-solution.
Just clicking the link would have been enough at that time. ;)
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#9 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:52 AM

I would help but I can't devote the time. I have got too many updates cooking plus I'm busy and have far too many distractions right now. When I get a decent test scenario I will try the component and different code.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#10 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:15 PM

There's nothing to install, it's an irc per webpage-solution.
Just clicking the link would have been enough at that time. ;)

O.K., O.K., I'll have a look tomorrow... :o

@Hoppy: Thanks.

Edited by Fennek, 14 September 2010 - 02:16 PM.

#11 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:24 PM

Miloch intervened. :Bow: And vansished again... :o

I'm working on the documentation for the area-patching macro so someone can fix the code properly. Will post here again when I have something.

#12 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:45 AM

Nice! :)

@Lollorian: I also found out how IRC works :woot:, so if there's still something, we might have a talk this way.

Edited by Fennek, 15 September 2010 - 10:54 AM.

#13 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:29 AM

Sure bud :D If you see anyone there whose nick starts with "lol", itz prolly ME! :crazy:

Edited by Lollorian, 16 September 2010 - 02:32 AM.

#14 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:26 PM

I'm working on the documentation for the area-patching macro so someone can fix the code properly. Will post here again when I have something.

Area-patching function source code:
Attached File  fj_add_are_struct.tpp   30.06K   336 downloads
Documentation:
Attached File  fj_add_are_doc.txt   18.63K   302 downloads

Basically, you put the function .tpp somewhere in your mod folder and then early in the .tp2 (after the component's BEGIN, say):
INCLUDE ~mymod/path/fj_add_are_struct.tpp~
After this gets added to WeiDU, you may not have to include it anymore. Then basically follow the syntax in the documentation. It's in LaTex or some other odd format, but scroll toward the end where the examples are - they're a bit easier to follow. I think what you want is a region and an entrance.

#15 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:25 AM

Very nice! :)

#16 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:41 AM

Thank you master orc! :coolthumb: Will try to drive some gritty hand over ts25 this weekend :P

#17 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:24 AM

Guys, thank you all very much. :cheers:
I'll have a look that I translate the remaining components next month so that one can actually play the mod. Then it's only a question of... well... months :devil: ;) (after a translator is found) until the mod is availabe in English.

Edited by Fennek, 23 September 2010 - 10:25 AM.

#18 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

Damn! I forgot about this :doh:

Here's a .tp2 (and Miloch's .tpp in the correct folder) :) Extract over t25mini and install ... and have a fire extinguisher handy just in case :devil:

If this works, it could be worth converting all the stuff in the mod to use the .tpp (even if it doesn't bork atm :P)

Cody:
// ar0400
COPY_EXISTING ~ar0400.are~ ~override~
  LPF fj_add_are_structure
    INT_VAR
    fj_type         = 2    //travel
    fj_box_left     = 5
    fj_box_top      = 1110
    fj_box_right    = 55
    fj_box_bottom   = 1220
    fj_cursor_idx   = 30   //door
    fj_vertex_0     = 5 + (1110 << 16)
    fj_vertex_1     = 55 + (1130 << 16)
    fj_vertex_2     = 55 + (1220 << 16)
    fj_vertex_3     = 5 + (1220 << 16)
    fj_loc_x        = 2
    fj_loc_y        = 1100
    STR_VAR
    fj_structure_type   = region
    fj_name             = tz25nn_ar0400_to_tzdr03
    fj_destination_area = tzdr03
    fj_destination_name = Exit0400
  END

COPY_EXISTING ~ar0400.are~ ~override~
  LPF fj_add_are_structure
    INT_VAR
    fj_loc_x       = 130
    fj_loc_y       = 1200
    fj_orientation = 12   //NE
    STR_VAR
    fj_structure_type = entrance
    fj_name           = tz25nn_ar0400_from_tzdr03
  END

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 05 October 2010 - 09:58 AM.

#19 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:36 AM

You don't need to COPY the area twice to add 2 structures - just launch the function twice within the same COPY. So in other words, delete the 2nd occuring line of COPY_EXISTING ~ar0400.are~ ~override~.

Also, you might want to get the revised function, though the older one above should work fine (the new one's advantage is primarily for deleting structures).

#20 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:27 PM

Noted! Thanks :D