Photo

TS25minimod - Bugs

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:10 AM

Regarding Ts25minimod, SCS and especially(?) Detectable Spells: I can confirm what a Japanese guy reported, that the sorcerer of "The sufferings of a sorcerer"-component (which is still in the expert-installation, but the next one I'll translate) behaves a bit strange. He should actually arbitrarily cast (harmless) spells, but doesn't do that if SCSII is installed. It might also be linked with the mage-AI (not DS), don't know it yet, have to test it (what might take until next week, since I might not have internet access until Monday...).

(So the point of time has come that the name of this thread is not right anymore... :D )

Edited by Fennek, 17 November 2010 - 06:15 AM.

#62 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:37 AM

Regarding Ts25minimod, SCS and especially(?) Detectable Spells: I can confirm what a Japanese guy reported, that the sorcerer of "The sufferings of a sorcerer"-component (which is still in the expert-installation, but the next one I'll translate) behaves a bit strange. He should actually arbitrarily cast (harmless) spells, but doesn't do that if SCSII is installed. It might also be linked with the mage-AI (not DS), don't know it yet, have to test it (what might take until next week, since I might not have internet access until Monday...).

(So the point of time has come that the name of this thread is not right anymore... :D )

You might be able to avoid the problem by giving the sorcerer a custom override script for the spells/actions he needs to setup and let his default script be the regular mage AI (like mage18.BCS) or something similar.

What scripts does he have assigned to him with just the TS25 mod and what does he have after SCSII is installed?
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#63 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:30 AM

@Hoppy: I did some tests while I was away. The problem is not linked with DS, but simply with SCSII-Smerter Mage AI.

Without SCSII, the Race script is Mage12A.bcs; with SCSII it is DW#2CON6.bcs

(Death, Default, Override and Dialog-Scripts, all special scripts from the mod itself, are not changed.)

So one has - somehow - to prevent SCSII from changing the .cre's Mage12A.bcs... :blink: Or maybe somebody knows a better solution... :)

#64 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:27 AM

So one has - somehow - to prevent SCSII from changing the .cre's Mage12A.bcs... :blink: Or maybe somebody knows a better solution... :)

Give it a custom-named script. SCSII doesn't touch those.

#65 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:32 AM

Thanks. Just to take care that I understood it: I prepare a new script (Ts25blah.bcs or whatever), copy and paste in the text of Mage12A.bcs and assign it to the .cre? (And let the new .cre be put in via the BWP-Fixpack; oder let the Fixpack assign the new script; this part is not that relevant, sonce Leonardo probably knows how to do it).

#66 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:53 AM

Copy the textual script into ts25blah.baf (distributing BCS files is unwise, not to mention annoying) and put it somewhere in the mod folder.

Then, in the TP2, you write:
COMPILE ~path/to/script/ts25blah.baf~
//COPY or COPY_EXISTING your cre file
  WRITE_ASCII /*insert offset here*/ ts25blah #8

Edited by Wisp, 22 November 2010 - 03:09 AM.

#67 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:12 AM

Excellent, thank you! Another component bug-free (I guess...) :cheers:

#68 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:17 AM

I prepare a new script (Ts25blah.bcs or whatever), copy and paste in the text of Mage12A.bcs

You can avoid copy-pasting mage12a.bcs by letting WeiDU do your dirty work :D

Use this code AFTER line 1285 in the non-BWPFixpacked ts25mini.tp2 :P
COPY_EXISTING ~Mage12A.bcs~ ~override/Ts25blah.bcs~

COPY_EXISTING ~tz25_#ma.cre~ ~override~
  PATCH_IF SOURCE_SIZE > 0x2d3 BEGIN
    WRITE_ASCII 0x258 ~Ts25blah~ #8 //Race script
  END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
Dunno if the first COPY_EXISTING needs a BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES though :unsure:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#69 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:53 AM

Dunno if the first COPY_EXISTING needs a BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES though

No, because you're not changing it, so quite possibly it wouldn't copy it (not even to a new resource) with the BUT_ONLY.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle