ADD_SPELL in spell mods

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:40 PM

I don't think anyone is currently maintaining the BGT version of DSotSC, if that's what you're asking. The last such maintainer was erebusant, but he's been gone a while. However, as Turambar said, the original author seems to've put in an appearance, so you could ask him.

I've sent a message to CuChoinneach; otherwise I'm assuming Turambar has taken over the reins.

At another level, there are several mods that change the levels of existing spells (Divine Remix being one, Spell Revisions perhaps). How are you planning to deal with that if spell level is an issue with mod-added spells?

We agreed to use new IDSnames for changed spells, and disable the originals to the player (hidespl.2da and/or setting unusuability bits) so that the AI may still use them. We'd use for example CLERIC_CURE_MODERATE_WOUNDS and WIZARD_SPIRIT_ARMOR_3.

DSotSC is known to be a bit unbalanced, so, especially if there is a PnP version of its spells, I think it's right to fix them, rather than duplicating spells in order to have them at different levels.

This leaves us with:
Transport via Plants -> level 6
Hold Monster -> level 5
Life Steal -> level 5
Stoneskin -> level 4 or delete (as Mike suggested)
Mass Charm -> level 8

The globe of darkness spell also exists in BP's Orcus' Wand component; I've edited it, there (for the next release), in order to make it "dispel/bypass" (I think it's nothing you can actually resist to); I'll check if anything else changes between the two versions of the spell:

@383 = ~Darkness, 15' Radius~
[snip]

If we're going to use the rulebooks as our base, we'd be using Darkness 15' as a level 2 spell. So you'd have to rename this to something else.

Do you need the current file names of the wizard spells of DS, or are the strings enough?

I will also post the NT spells ASAIC.

Post anything you've got and are willing to change. The spoiler tag is perfect for those who don't want to trudge through descriptions.

Without using prefixes where they are not needed, I think the name of those spells could be changed from the SPWI form into a prefixed name (using the RES version of the ForceSpell..... actions in dialogues and scripts)

I'm pretty certain there would be conflicts with other mods, so we'd have to ask the maintainers of BGT/BP/ScS/aTweaks/insertanymodhere. I know there was a related issue where instead of turning into werewolves, Kaisha/Beresh summoned Dark Planetars. I'd like to know how that was solved, and we'd take a similar route.

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#22 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:39 PM

If there's a special identifier for each different level version of a spell, players will end up having Mass Charms and Cure Medium Wounds at every spell level.

Here are our options:
- DSoTSC uses WIZARD_MASS_CHARM as a level 7 spell and I will use WIZARD_MASS_CHARM_8 as a level 8 spell
- DSoTSC uses WIZARD_MASS_CHARM_7 as a level 7 spell and I will use WIZARD_MASS_CHARM as a level 8 spell
- We both use WIZARD_MASS_CHARM as a level 8 spell (I'm the most likely going to agree with this)
- We both use WIZARD_MASS_CHARM as a level 7 spell (I'm the least likely going to agree with this)

There's always:
- DSoTSC uses WIZARD_MASS_CHARM as a level 7 spell and you can use WIZARD_MASS_CHARM as a level 8 spell. SR can use WIZARD_MASS_CHARM at whatever level it wants, and whichever one is installed last will disable the others (automatically with ADD_SPELL), which solves the problems of duplicates.

#23 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:13 PM

This is a lot to to change and I am focusing on quests and dialogs. It's not going to be an all at once thing but I will do my best to try and make spells compatible. It is easier now to know which mods screwed up the spell tables in CtB and TDD in a BWP install without installing all the extra spell mods. Meaning bug reports with Magic Missile summoning Selim Sivad who is a CtB character.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#24 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:16 AM

There's always:
- DSoTSC uses WIZARD_MASS_CHARM as a level 7 spell and you can use WIZARD_MASS_CHARM as a level 8 spell. SR can use WIZARD_MASS_CHARM at whatever level it wants, and whichever one is installed last will disable the others (automatically with ADD_SPELL), which solves the problems of duplicates.

I think we discussed this that this has the potential to break any scripts. But there won't be any issues since Turambar is open to changing the levels of some of the spells.

EDIT:

Without using prefixes where they are not needed, I think the name of those spells could be changed from the SPWI form into a prefixed name (using the RES version of the ForceSpell..... actions in dialogues and scripts)

It looks as though BGT and now TuTu (source) use the prefix "spki" for SPWI924 and SPWI925. I'm directing this question to the maintainers of TuTu and BGT: would it cause problems if the following list of spells would be copied over to use the "SPKI" prefix?
Spoiler

-Galactygon

Edited by Galactygon, 18 March 2011 - 01:42 AM.

Posted Image

#25 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:02 AM

The last such maintainer was erebusant, but he's been gone a while.

A slight correction here - the last who tried to "tone-down" the mod was melkor_morgoth75. I still have his test version (and he has it, I'm sure).

#26 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:41 AM

A slight correction here - the last who tried to "tone-down" the mod was melkor_morgoth75. I still have his test version (and he has it, I'm sure).

I thought that was a separate project (like BP Balancer) not a maintenance version of the mod...

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#27 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:53 AM

True, but some creatures and spells were removed, so I thought it was worth mentioning here.

Edited by ScuD, 18 March 2011 - 10:54 AM.

#28 CuChoinneach

CuChoinneach
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:12 AM

As the original designer of DSotSC, Although I do not have the time to make any changes to the mod, I do fully support any endeavor to balance and standardize it to be compatible with other mods. My only objection would be any changes to the content of the mod (i.e. NPCs, Quests or other Mod specific content).

Designer/Director of the first unofficial add-in game modification for Baldur's Gate, "Dark Side of the Sword Coast".

#29 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

I've updated the list with CtB and DSotSC spells. Here is a spell-by-spell naming proposal for TDD, beginning with part 1:

1114 COM_DRUID_MAGIC_FANG

CLERIC_MAGIC_FANG

1115 COM_DRUID_PASS_WITHOUT_TRACE

CLERIC_PASS_WITHOUT_TRACE

1116 COM_DRUID_FEARIE_FIRE

CLERIC_PASS_FEARIE_FIRE

1117 COM_DRUID_RESISTANCE

CLERIC_RESIST (There is an AD&D spell of a similar name)

1118 COM_PRIEST_BANE

CLERIC_CURSE (Bane is 3rd edition)

1119 COM_PRIEST_DIVINE_FAVOUR

CLERIC_DIVINE_FAVOR (As BG was written in American english)

1120 COM_PRIEST_ENTROPIC_SHIELD

CLERIC_ENTROPIC_SHIELD

1121 COM_DRUID_FREEZING_HANDS

CLERIC_FROST_FINGERS (The AD&D spell of the same effects)

1122 COM_DRUID_ACID_HAND

CLERIC_ACID_HANDS (The spell description mentions Acid Hands, not Acid Hand. Something like "Corrosive Spray" would sound better and more fitting. What do you say?)

1215 COM_DRUID_DELAY_POISEN

CLERIC_DELAY_POISON

1216 COM_DRUID_HEAT_METAL

CLERIC_HEAT_METAL

1217 COM_PRIEST_BULLS_STRENGTH

CLERIC_BULLS_STRENGTH

1320 COM_DRUID_GREATER_MAGIC_FANG

CLERIC_GREATER_MAGIC_FANG

1321 COM_PRIEST_BESTOW_CURSE

CLERIC_BESTOW_CURSE

1322 COM_PRIEST_MAGIC_VESTMENT

CLERIC_MAGICAL_VESTMENT (As per AD&D)

1323 COM_PRIEST_PRAYER

CLERIC_PRAYER

1324 COM_PRIEST_SEARING_LIGHT

CLERIC_SEARING_LIGHT

1325 COM_DRUID_NYMPH_AURA

CLERIC_NYMPH_AURA

1326 COM_DRUID_DOMINATE_ANIMAL

CLERIC_CONTROL_ANIMAL (Dominate Animal is 3rd edition)

1327 COM_DRUID_IRON_KNUCKLES

CLERIC_IRON_KNUCKLES

1328 COM_PRIEST_CLOAK_OF_BRAVERY

CLERIC_CLOAK_OF_BRAVERY_3 or change this spell to level 4 as per AD&D. In that case it's going to be CLERIC_CLOAK_OF_BRAVERY

1329 COM_PRIEST_CAUSE_DISEASE

CLERIC_CAUSE_DISEASE

I'd merge these two Control Temperature spells as per AD&D into CLERIC_CONTROL_TEMPERATURE or CLERIC_CONTROL_TEMPERATURE_10_FOOT (see Priest's Spell Compendium vol I. page146)

1418 COM_DRUID_TEMPERATURE_COLD

CLERIC_CONTROL_TEMPERATURE_COLD

1419 COM_DRUID_TEMPERATURE_HEAT

CLERIC_CONTROL_TEMPERATURE_HEAT

1420 COM_DRUID_FREEDOM_OF_MOVEMENT

We're not dealing with this, we have free action already.

1421 COM_DRUID_AIR_POCKET

CLERIC_AIR_POCKET

1422 COM_PRIEST_DIVINE_POWER

CLERIC_DIVINE_POWER

1423 COM_PRIEST_TONGUES

CLERIC_TONGUES

1424 COM_DRUID_INCREASE_METABOLISM

CLERIC_INCREASE_METABOLISM

1425 COM_DRUID_WINDS_OF_PANDAMONIUM

CLERIC_WINDS_OF_PANDEMONIUM

1426 COM_PRIEST_STATIC_CHARGE

CLERIC_STATIC_CHARGE

1427 COM_PRIEST_CLOUD_OF_PESTILENCE

CLERIC_CLOUD_OF_PESTILENCE

1518 COM_DRUID_DEATH_MARK

CLERIC_DEATH_MARK

1519 COM_DRUID_WALL_OF_FIRE

CLERIC_WALL_OF_FIRE

1520 COM_DRUID_ICE_STORM

CLERIC_ICE_STORM

1521 COM_DRUID_SUMMON_NATURES_ALLY5

CLERIC_SUMMON_NATURES_ALLY_5

1522 COM_PRIEST_HALLOW

CLERIC_HALLOW

1523 COM_PRIEST_SCRYING

CLERIC_SCRYING

1524 COM_PRIEST_CALL_UPON_FAITH

There is a level 1 AD&D spell of the same name, so it would be CLERIC_CALL_UPON_FAITH_5. 1 Unless we're going to change the name into something completely different.

1525 COM_PRIEST_EMBALM

CLERIC_EMBALM

1526 COM_PRIEST_HEROES_FEAST

CLERIC_HEROS_FEAST_5 unless we're changing this to level 6 (as per AD&D), in which case it's going to be CLERIC_HEROS_FEAST.

1527 COM_DRUID_WALL_OF_THORNS

CLERIC_WALL_OF_THORNS_5 unless we're switching this to level 6, in which case it would be CLERIC_WALL_OF_THORNS

1528 COM_DRUID_VENOM_PLOOM

CLERIC_VENOM_PLOOM

1615 COM_DRUID_ANIMATE_ROCKS

CLERIC_ANIMATE_ROCKS

1616 COM_DRUID_SUMMON_NATURES_ALLY6

CLERIC_SUMMON_NATURES_ALLY_6

1617 COM_DRUID_HEALING_CIRCLE

CLERIC_HEALING_CIRCLE (If you want to stay true to 3rd e, then rename this spell to CLERIC_MASS_CURE_MODERATE_WOUNDS)

1618 COM_DRUID_GREATER_DISPELLING

CLERIC_GREATER_DISPEL_MAGIC

1620 COM_PRIEST_POSSESION

CLERIC_POSSESSION

1621 COM_PRIEST_MOON_BEAM

CLERIC_MOON_BEAM_6 unless we're switching this to level 5, in which case it would be CLERIC_MOON_BEAM

1622 COM_DRUID_VITALITY_DRAIN

CLERIC_VITALITY_DRAIN

-Galactygon

Edited by Galactygon, 02 July 2011 - 01:27 PM.

Posted Image

#30 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:21 PM

Part 2:

1623 COM_PRIEST_VISIONS_OF_PAIN

CLERIC_VISIONS_OF_PAIN

1624 COM_DRUID_NATURES_DEABILITATING_RATH

CLERIC_NATURES_DEABILITATING_PATH

1625 COM_DRUID_DEEP_FREEZE

CLERIC_DEEP_FREEZE

1625 COM_PRIEST_SOUL_MERGE

CLERIC_SOUL_MERGE

1628 COM_CONVERSION_TO_THE_DARK

CLERIC_CONVERSION_TO_THE_DARK

1629 COM_DRUID_SUMMON_LIGHTNING_ELEMENTAL

CLERIC_SUMMON_LIGHTNING_ELEMENTAL

1718 CLERIC_SYMBOL_STUN
1719 CLERIC_SYMBOL_DEATH

These two entries should be removed; they already exist in the game.

1733 CLERIC_SYMBOL_OF_BANISHMENT

CLERIC_SYMBOL_OF_BANISHMENT

1735 COM_KISS_OF_DEATH

CLERIC_KISS_OF_DEATH

1741 COM_DRUID_EVALUTION

CLERIC_EVOLUTION

1742 COM_DRUID_SUNBEAM

CLERIC_SUN_BEAM

1743 COM_DRUID_SHAPECHANGE

CLERIC_SHAPECHANGE

1744 COM_DRUID_GREATER_SCRYING

CLERIC_GREATER_SCRYING

1745 COM_PRIEST_DIETY_BIND

CLERIC_DIETY_BIND

1746 COM_PRIEST_ASSIMILATION

CLERIC_ASSIMILATION

1747 COM_PRIEST_MYSTRAS_UNRAVELLING

CLERIC_MYSTRAS_UNRAVELLING

1748 COM_PRIEST_GREATER_UNDEAD

CLERIC_CREATE_GREATER_UNDEAD

1749 COM_PRIEST_SUCCOR

CLERIC_SUCCOR

1750 COM_DRUID_DRAGON_FLESH

CLERIC_DRAGON_FLESH

1751 COM_DRUID_DEVALUTION

CLERIC_DEVOLUTION

1752 COM_DRUID_TROLLISH_FORTITUDE

CLERIC_TROLLISH_FORTITUDE

2126 COM_AZRAGANS_CHANELLING

WIZARD_AZRAGANS_CHANELLING

2127 COM_PHYSICAL_AGILITY

WIZARD_PHYSICAL_AGILITY

2128 COM_TRUE_STRIKE

WIZARD_TRUE_STRIKE

2225 COM_TORMENT

WIZARD_TORMENT

2226 COM_STEAM

WIZARD_STEAM

2228 COM_ENDURANCE

WIZARD_ENDURANCE

2229 COM_THUNDERCLAP

WIZARD_THUNDERCLAP

2327 COM_AURA_OF_FOCUS

WIZARD_AURA_OF_FOCUS

2328 COM_ICELANCE

WIZARD_ICELANCE

2329 COM_ADRENALIN_RUSH

WIZARD_ADRENALIN_RUSH

2428 COM_WEAKEN

WIZARD_WEAKEN

2429 BELTYNS_BURNING_BLOOD

WIZARD_BELTYNS_BURNING_BLOOD

2430 COM_DAERRAGHS_AURA_OF_CLEANSING

WIZARD_DAERRAGHS_AURA_OF_CLEANSING

2528 COM_HEAVY_FOG

WIZARD_HEAVY_FOG Or you could change the spell level to 4 and rename it to WIZARD_SOLID_FOG, as per the 4th level AD&D spell.

2626 COM_MASS_TELEPORT

WIZARD_MASS_TELEPORT_6, as there is a level 7 AD&D spell of the same name. Or change the spell level to 7 and use WIZARD_MASS_TELEPORT.

2724 COM_ASSIMILATION

WIZARD_ASSIMILATION

2725 COM_BLACK_DEATH

WIZARD_BLACK_DEATH

2726 COM_RAGING_BULL

WIZARD_RAGING_BULL

2727 COM_FROST_BITE

WIZARD_FROSTBITE

2728 COM_ARMOUR_MELT

WIZARD_ARMOR_MELT (American English)

2729 COM_EXECUTION

WIZARD_EXECUTION

2819 COM_ORCISH_HOARD

WIZARD_ORCISH_HORDE (Hoard is the accumulation of something, Horde is a clan/army)

2820 COM_HEMOPHILIA

WIZARD_HEMOPHILIA (I'd rename it to the 8th level AD&D spell, WIZARD_FLENSING, since the intended effects are similar)

2821 COM_SOUL_OF_KALANZHAR

WIZARD_SOUL_OF_KALANZHAR

2822 COM_RARYS_MNEMONIC_NEGATOR

WIZARD_RARYS_MNEMONIC_NEGATOR

2825 COM_SUNBURST

WIZARD_SUNBURST

2826 COM_SUFFOCATION

WIZARD_SUFFOCATION_8 unless we change the spell level to 7, in which case it becomes WIZARD_SUFFOCATION

-Galactygon

Edited by Galactygon, 02 July 2011 - 01:23 PM.

Posted Image

#31 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:22 PM

Part 3:

2827 COM_GRAVITY

WIZARD_GRAVITY

2938 COM_ANTI_MAGIC_CLOUD

WIZARD_ANTIMAGIC_CLOUD

2969 COM_ARMY_DARKNESS

WIZARD_ARMY_OF_DARKNESS

2970 COM_TATTOO

WIZARD_TATTOO (I'd give this a more powerful sounding name because there is a 6th level spell called "Tattoo of Power")

2971 COM_LIFE_WARP

WIZARD_LIFE_WARP

2972 COM_SHATTER_BONES

WIZARD_SHATTER_BONES

2973 COM_SACRAFICIAL_TRANSFER

WIZARD_SACRAFICIAL_TRANSFER

2974 COM_ARCANE_RUNES

WIZARD_ARCANE_RUNES

2975 COM_RARYS_MNEMONIC_ENCHANCER

WIZARD_RARYS_MNEMONIC_ENCHANCER_9 (The AD&D spell is a 4th level one, so you might as well rename this to WIZARD_RARYS_IMPROVED_MNEMONIC_ENCHANCER or WIZARD_IMPROVED_RARYS_MNEMONIC_ENCHANCER)

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#32 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:42 PM

This applies to spells that use the SPCL/SPIN/SPPR/SPWI prefixes. The benefits of these prefixes are: scriptability (RES actions do not cover everything)

Can you give any examples of situations where a *Spell would work but not a *SpellRES action? I can only think of two:
1) SoA does not contain all the ToB RES actions (easily fixed by patching action.ids to contain them)
2) BG1 does not recognise all the RES actions (only applies if you are modding for BG1, and even then I think it recognises most of them)

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#33 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

This applies to spells that use the SPCL/SPIN/SPPR/SPWI prefixes. The benefits of these prefixes are: scriptability (RES actions do not cover everything)

Can you give any examples of situations where a *Spell would work but not a *SpellRES action? I can only think of two:
1) SoA does not contain all the ToB RES actions (easily fixed by patching action.ids to contain them)
2) BG1 does not recognise all the RES actions (only applies if you are modding for BG1, and even then I think it recognises most of them)

It doesn't seem to be possible to use any of the SpellCast* triggers with a RES, which is presumably why SCSII does what it does with its spell.

#34 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:31 AM

Two mage spells from NTotSC:

@210 = ~Skeleton Guard~
Spoiler

@213 = ~Fiery Cloud~
Spoiler

Concerning the level 9 spells, I'm currently working on a "spellfix" mod which should solve that problem, so is it possible to prepare the table for those spells too, so that, when it's ready, we can start using ADD_SPELL for them too?
BTW, I'm currently working on NTotSC, and DS will come next, so I'll need those spells to be catalogued then.

Edited by Turambar, 21 November 2011 - 06:43 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#35 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:08 PM

Could you please add a component to disable those spells from the PC choices & loot? Sorry if sound like a broken record, but i don't think you gave any indication before.

#36 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

@210 = ~Skeleton Guard~

Added as WIZARD_SKELETON_GUARD.

@213 = ~Fiery Cloud~

Is this NTotSC's intentions to create a nearly identical spell as Incendiary Cloud? Why not overwrite the existing spell instead? Part of the ADD_SPELL's concept is to avoid nearly identical spells from different mods to repetitively appear on the spell selection.

Concerning the level 9 spells, I'm currently working on a "spellfix" mod which should solve that problem, so is it possible to prepare the table for those spells too, so that, when it's ready, we can start using ADD_SPELL for them too?
BTW, I'm currently working on NTotSC, and DS will come next, so I'll need those spells to be catalogued then.

If Ascension64 comes up with a fix, I don't think you should bother. See here.

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#37 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:02 PM

Could you please add a component to disable those spells from the PC choices & loot? Sorry if sound like a broken record, but i don't think you gave any indication before.

NT only adds 1 spell (the other one is just a duplicate of the first one), and I don't think it is overpowered as a level 7 spell at all. I mean, you could summon pretty powerful daemons at that level, why not 4 skeleton warriors?
For DSotSC, if I'll update that mod too, I'll offer the option to nerf whatever's overpowered, but I won't delete anything unless that's really needed.

@213 = ~Fiery Cloud~

Is this NTotSC's intentions to create a nearly identical spell as Incendiary Cloud? Why not overwrite the existing spell instead? Part of the ADD_SPELL's concept is to avoid nearly identical spells from different mods to repetitively appear on the spell selection.

You're right. I looked at the mod spell list but not at the BG2 manual...
They do look very similar, and I'd say they are the same spell.
I'll see if the changes make sense, and either patch the old one, or just remove that spell from the mod.
edit: removed, it had nothing new from the vanilla spell.

If Ascension64 comes up with a fix, I don't think you should bother. See here.

-Galactygon

Unfortunately, that was not in the latest beta. I hope it will come out soon.
Anyway, I think we'll still need to assign an IDS name to all level 9 spells, regardless of how that will be accomplished.

Edited by Turambar, 21 November 2011 - 02:23 PM.

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#38 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:05 PM

Anyway, I think we'll still need to assign an IDS name to all level 9 spells, regardless of how that will be accomplished.

Okay, sure. I'll add the 9th level spells to the list once you post them.

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#39 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

Okay, sure. I'll add the 9th level spells to the list once you post them.

-Galactygon

They have already been mentioned here, and are lost between some posts:

@94 = ~Arc of Death~
@96 = ~Azuth's Rune of Utter Negativity~
@98 = ~Heal~

Actually, I might remove some of the DS spells if they appear too overpowered, too similar to existing spells and so on.

Another thing: I've posted, here, the description of BP's Darkness spell. You said that it is a level 2 spells on the manuals. Since I don't have any AD&D manuals, could you please tell me if the description of the BP spell is compatible with the PnP spell? Should it just be moved to level 2, or renamed to something else?

Edited by Turambar, 21 November 2011 - 02:41 PM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#40 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

NT only adds 1 spell (the other one is just a duplicate of the first one), and I don't think it is overpowered as a level 7 spell at all. I mean, you could summon pretty powerful daemons at that level, why not 4 skeleton warriors?
For DSotSC, if I'll update that mod too, I'll offer the option to nerf whatever's overpowered, but I won't delete anything unless that's really needed.

I disagree. If installed with things like spell revisions, it doesn't even matter if they were nerfed. They're still overpowered. And if it's just a option (component) at install time, you wont be deleting things from normal users.

Moreover, you can still leave the enemies using them (nerfed or not).

I bet there are alot of people who don't use xSotSC because of their loot - but spells are even more aggravating, especially for priests (where you can't delete them or ignore it).

Edited by i30817, 21 November 2011 - 03:03 PM.