• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:19 PM

Game Over Only on Party Dead is out now!

The Mod is hosted at BlackWyrm's Lair at this address and can be downloaded here.

This modification changes the game over condition for BG2, (Easy)TuTu and BGT so that the game won't finish when the protagonist dies but rather when the whole party is defeated. To accomplish this, a workaround is used: when the protagonist is knocked out cold (HPs one or less), the rest of the party continues the battle and if successful, the protagonist will join them back (although in need of urgent cure).

Just like for Cursed Items Revision, I didn't code it myself but rather had initial help by Miloch and talented Ardanis/GeNiE do most of the work. This modifiation needs Ascension64 ToBEx v20 or later to work (if this is not detected, it will be installed automatically).

Enjoy!

#2 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

Cool ;)

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#3 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:06 AM

Very nice mod ;)

#4 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:37 AM

Could you do something similar but for imprisonment?
End immediately if no mage in the party has freedom memorized, end after battle if those mages are dead? Same thing for resurrect.

#5 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

Could you do something similar but for imprisonment? End immediately if no mage in the party has freedom memorized, end after battle if those mages are dead? Same thing for resurrect.

Not sure what you mean. P5Tweaks has an imprisonment component, not a game-ending one though AFAIK.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#6 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

Could you do something similar but for imprisonment? End immediately if no mage in the party has freedom memorized, end after battle if those mages are dead? Same thing for resurrect.

Not sure what you mean. P5Tweaks has an imprisonment component, not a game-ending one though AFAIK.

IIRC both Spell Revisions and Bigg Tweaks alter Imprisonment to make it non-game ending.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#7 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:38 PM

IIRC both Spell Revisions and Bigg Tweaks alter Imprisonment to make it non-game ending.

I have this CTD due to Imprisonment for years in my many installs and i have this also in my current BWP install. So my Imprisonment is always game ending. That why i have long time used Geirthan Plate or something like that during fights with demi-lich and other "Imprisonment" enemies.

I had discussion about it with Hoppy earlier this year. Topic is here.

I have used Bigg's Tweak for many years now but can't say if it's a bug in Bigg's Tweaks or not. I don't use Spell Revisions.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#8 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:43 PM

I have used Bigg's Tweak for many years now but can't say if it's a bug in Bigg's Tweaks or not. I don't use Spell Revisions.

I think the one I use currently is SR's one. It changes Imprisonment to a permanent Maze, which solves all the related issues that Imprisonment has.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#9 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:36 AM

I actually meant that if one of your party has stone to flesh or resurrect or freedom, the game shouldn't end, but show a cutscene of said char casting that on the pc.

If he doesn't or is too far away or fails the first casting then death as normal, because the opportunity is past and the bhaal essence slipped away.
It would be slightly less cheesy than being "beloved by the gods".

Edited by i30817, 19 September 2011 - 09:40 AM.

#10 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:37 AM

I actually meant that if one of your party has stone to flesh or resurrect or freedom, the game shouldn't end, but show a cutscene of said char casting that on the pc.

If he doesn't or is too far away or fails the first casting then death as normal, because the opportunity is past and the bhaal essence slipped away.

Good idea.

#11 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:49 PM

Hey Salk! Hello from Russia! Here is translation for your mod. Made by Silent from Arcanecoast.ru :lol: Please include it into new release :Bow:

Attached Files

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#12 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:09 AM

Good idea.

I rather think so. It could even give some pathos to the thing, if if they don't have the means they'd say in overhead text things like:
"There was nothing we could do" -> no ressurection.
"Too late!" -> resurrection but not in range or disabled
"The shame is mine" -> spell failure

Could even be npc specific for added flavor (ie: Kivan swearing revenge, Kagain looting the corpse etc).

This would make bg1 just as hard as usual though (where you die the most). Maybe it should be configurable, for if you want a cheat or a consistency thing.

Edited by i30817, 19 October 2011 - 04:11 AM.

#13 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:52 PM

Hey Salk! Hello from Russia! Here is translation for your mod. Made by Silent from Arcanecoast.ru :lol: Please include it into new release :Bow:

Hello prowler!

Sorry for my late reply. I am certainly going to add the russian translation (thanks!). It might be some time though as the only thing that will be updated, other than languages, is the ToBEx version that comes with the mod.

#14 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

Is what i suggested above not possible?

#15 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:07 AM

Resurrection is available through other means than memorized spell, e.g. scrolls, rod, items, etc. And it's not quite possible to account for all of those, i.e. items with x/day charges can't be checked whether they've already been used before. And so on.

Retired from modding.

#16 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:40 AM

I'd be satisfied with a spell only option. As it it now, it seems like too much of a all or nothing.

#17 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

i30817,

I happen to agree completely with GeN1E here. It would make no sense to implement a solution that only accounts for a memorized spell when there are other means for countering the effect of Imprisonment.

#18 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:00 AM

I'm not talking about imprisionment only, but raise dead and petrify.

Basically, turning the mod from a cheat into something that obeys the rules somewhat.

Edited by i30817, 25 October 2011 - 08:01 AM.

#19 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:41 PM

I'm not talking about imprisionment only, but raise dead and petrify.

The objection would be the same.

Basically, turning the mod from a cheat into something that obeys the rules somewhat.

I do not consider it a cheat more than what you suggest to do.

#20 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:47 PM

Your mod, but i don't think i'm alone in wanting it.

Bye.

Edited by i30817, 26 October 2011 - 01:47 PM.