LolFixer Thread

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#141 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:09 AM

And the lolfixer now has a failsafe for full inventories :D Thanks for the help Chasington! :cheers: (I've also added the actual slot number in the logged messages for easier future debugging ^_^)

So today's update adds cursed, vocalize and infravision portraits to items missing them and considers full inventories before shuffling around items in a CRE :D

If the lolfixer is installed last, it should be safe to just overwrite using the new version and [R]e-Install all the components :P (and that's why I recommend installing this dead last :lol:)

Edited by Lollorian, 19 October 2012 - 07:30 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#142 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

(and that's why I recommend installing this dead last :lol:)

... just before the Generalized Biffing... :devil:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#143 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:22 AM

Nope, dead last after genbiff :P (if you're gonna argue stutters because of a miniscule amount of loose AREs, ITMs, CREs and SPLs now... I beseech you to upgrade your machine :lol:)

Gen_biff always took a long time for me (I usually end up with 150 BIFs :P) and considering the weekly (almost daily) updating that I'm doing to this, I wouldn't recommend it going before genbiff right now atleast :D Ofcourse, be my guest and add it before genbiff if you like waiting around 30 mins while everything gets packed nice and tidy everytime you install/update this ^_^

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#144 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:29 AM

Is your loop for portrait icon checking that the effect is indeed a bonus? :D

Also the missing MORALEAI.IDS is fixed by BG2Fixpack AFAIK.
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#145 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

Is your loop for portrait icon checking that the effect is indeed a bonus? :D

Every lolfixer component comes with my personal Lol brand of trust ^_^ (which basically means it may possibly make your PC assplode and kill you when you sleep :ph34r:)

But yeah, the portraits do check for positive values before adding them in :P (and negative values for the Bad Luck icon)
Spoiler

Also the missing MORALEAI.IDS is fixed by BG2Fixpack AFAIK.

Apparently BGT does this too :unsure: Take that! Imp-man! :D

#146 Lisandro

Lisandro
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:10 AM

oh, well... i will wait for the final version to make translating and I didn't know that your mods have inside bombs like the joker smurf. :ROFL:

#147 Chasington

Chasington
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

@Lollorian
Thanks for the new updates! Say, if you want a new project, check out my other post! :Bow:
I would really appreciate it, seeing as how nobody else has really been active here.
Should have given the thread a better title! Alas!

#148 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

Added in some Store fixes now ^_^ (code here)

- Removes invalid items from stores
- Checks stores for items it can buy/sell, inns/taverns for drinks and temples for cures and sets/resets the respective buy/sell flags as necessary :P

Also, somewhat more detailed logging in the Spell/Ability slot fixing (it now shows exactly what the previous type was instead of a number :)) and removed all the etupid global effect patching code because it was spurious and didn't actually have any effect on-game :D (what got deleted you ask?)

It creates 75% smaller logfiles now ^_^ (if used in DEBUG mode)

EDIT: Nice nice below :P

Edited by Lollorian, 26 October 2012 - 09:11 AM.

#149 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

Damn imba items not working like they should :angry:

I walked into a shitload of vampires today in my game, and they literally pwned me - turning my entire party red (except 1... wow, they know math :o) and whaling on that single green party member. Damn vampires and their damned 'Dominating Gaze' :angry:

And know what sucks even more? The fact that Minsc was wearing a friggin Helm that was supposed to 'protect from all mind effects'... yeah it protected him nicely from being charmed alright :rolleyes:

I looked up the item in NI, it was BHMHELM.ITM, some helm from BoneHill with a nice icon :P And it had a load of 'protect from spell' effects, they should work right? Problem is... those vampires were using a mod spell (specifically SCS' DW#HYPNO.SPL) which wasn't on that list (obviously)

Well the thing with charm immunity is that there's a specially made 'immunity to charm' effect that the item (and any other item that's supposed to protect from charm) is supposed to have...

Hence in the best interest of a fair game :devil: I did this - a component that checks for either the 'Protect from vanilla Charm spell' effect and adds the 'Immunity to Charm' effect if it isn't present :)

I went ahead and did this too :D Looked up the BG2Fixpack's Core Docs, which says:

Charm: Charm immunity should prevent charm, dire charm, and domination portrait icons as well as suppressing 'charmed' and 'dire charmed' from the text window. It should also prevent the visual effect normally associated with charm as well as displaying the mind shield icon.

So, here's how the spanking new PROPER IMMUNITY ASSIGNER works :P

Check for Protection from SPWI104.SPL (Charm) OR the Immunity to Charm effect, then add the following if they aren't present:
- Immunity to Charm
- Prevent Charm Icon
- Prevent Dire Charm Icon
- Prevent Domination Icon
- Disable 'Charmed' String
- Disable 'Dire Charmed' String
- Disable 'Dominated' String
- Display Mind Shield Icon (already done by the Portrait assigner component but this does it too :P)
- Prevent the Charm animation (spnwchrm.vvc - the green sparkly shit things :D)

In the interest of knowing exactly what gets added, I've logged EVERYTHING it does :P

I've run it in my install and it affects a LOT of items... thing to note is, only mod items get affected in my install :D (because I think the BG2Fixpack already did this to all the vanilla items)

Spoiler

I'll probably slowly add in the Immunity to panic and hold effects as well ^_^

#150 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

And yay! ^_^

Addition #1 - Added the Proper Immunity Assigner (Item Stuff) so items that are supposed to make you immune to charm, fear, confusion, feeblemind and hold actually make you immune to them (with all the related effects as documented by the BG2Fixpack)

Addition #2 - Added the Duplicate Item Effect Remover (Item Stuff) so duplicate effects (especially the doubled Modify Proficiencies CLERIC_HALLOW effect that's added by the Detectable Spells component of many mods) are history :) This needed some extra stuff compared to the Creature Effect Remover because Ability headers can have Effects too (and all of that is now accounted for)

Changed #3 - Also, the Portrait Icon Assigner (Item Stuff) can now assign the Resist Cold/Fire (combined icon) if the item gives a bonus to BOTH elements - earlier you got an icon for each effect :D So that's one icon less for peeps worried about too much icons (seriously though... who doesn't like icons lol? :lol:)

Attached Files

#151 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

Just a quick question: assuming we're NOT using BWS et all to install (still doing things manually, after all these years :lol2: ) ... should we be using tools like crefixer prior to installing this? If so, which utilities do you recommend?

#152 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

You should get the InnateFixer in BPv180's forums and Crefixer from the SHS download centre :)

Things to note though:
1. InnateFixer is a global fixer (it takes every friggin spell in the game and fixes it) and there have been reports of some spells actually behaving stupid after InnateFixer fixes them :P So I've proposed the BWP use an exclusion list for spells that may behave improperly (which still hasn't made it into the BWPFixpack)
--> I'd recommend using the Lolfixer's Spell Stuff - Innate Fixer component to get the latest exclusion list so you can finish Watcher's Keep (among other things :D)

2. Crefixer does a destructive pass of a creature's inventory (I've seen it outright remove the sword from the inventory if it finds a creature wielding a 2-handed sword with a shield)
--> Lolfixer's Item Stuff - Inventory Overhauler component keeps the same end result but moves the sword (in the above case) into the backpack instead of removing it from the inventory :P (I personally hate missing loot that should've been there)

So yes, shameless plug aside, I'd choose the Lolfixer until it becomes horribly outdated compared to the other tools :P

#153 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

Thanks for the reply :D

I'm doing a manual reinstall as we speak (no BWP stuff at all), so the fixer is about to get a workout :lol:

#154 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

Here's to hoping it doesn't run amok and set fire to your home or something :ROFL: Yes... hoping :ermm:

#155 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

For what it's worth, I have a LOT more faith in the fixer than I did in the software it replaces :cheers:

#156 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

The fixer was pretty damned busy with this install, but diddn't cause the house to explode at least :P

I'm getting ready to start beta testing another mod, but I'll let ya know if anything weird shows up :D

#157 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

Oh, BTW, you're still shipping with a developmental version of Weidu (v104), complete with (annoying) messages. :new_bottom: That, and there's no readme yet (so morons like me have to keep pestering you with questions :devil: ).

#158 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

you're still shipping with a developmental version of Weidu (v104), complete with (annoying) messages.

v23104 is the best version of WeiDU as of today to work with HUGE installs like the BWP is capable of :P (older, even stable versions could bork when processing truckloads of stuff) So you better be thankful I'm not shipping the real latest dev WeiDU... v23105 :lol:

and there's no readme yet (so morons like me have to keep pestering you with questions :devil: )

Yeah sorry about that :P I haven't gotten around to doing this yet :( (partly because I tend to ramble like a doodoo bird when I'm documenting stuff :P)

I've made it so what the fixer does to every file should be understandable as it's processing them btw... just hit the pause break key to pause the thing so you can actually read it :D

Will start on it though... soon hopefully :)

Edited by Lollorian, 25 November 2012 - 11:40 AM.

#159 Kalanyr

Kalanyr
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

There might be a reason for some things to give immune to the Charm spell specifically but not higher level versions. It kind of makes sense for weak magical items to be able to protect against charm specifically but not against domination for example. But if mods are going to add a bunch of low level effects similar to charm you're kind of stuck in a darned if you do/darned if you don't situation.

#160 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

Yeah that makes sense :)

The strange thing is that the Domination spell itself uses the Charm opcode :P So immunity from Charm implies immunity to Domination because of well... game mechanics :D

Add to that the fact that the BG2Fixpack makes it a point to make all normal vanilla charm immune items, even Helm of Charm Protection prevent Domination strings and icons, leaving only mod items for the Lolfixer to go through :P

These are what gets the Domination treatment in my game ^_^ The thing I love is that no vanilla item is affected (even though I made no exceptions when running the checks :lol:)
Spoiler