• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:22 PM

1. What is this request for?

The naming convention of graphic files related to certain mods which are receiving new NPC portrait alternatives, as well as the install directory for all default portraits that come shipping with those mods.

2. Which mods are you talking about?

Here's the list. I know not all of these are NPC mods, and some of them may not even come with minor NPC portraits, but I'm not sure which do and which do not, so any help in sorting them out would be appreciated.

Angelo
Ascension
BG2 Fixpack
Coran
Crossmod Banter Pack
DeArnise Romance
Edwin Romance
Fade
IEP Banter and Friendships
Improved Demogorgon
Improved Gromnir
Improved Yaga Shura
Kelsey + Getting Rid of Anomen
Keto
Kivan and Deheriana
Nathaniel
Nikita* (* still in open beta)
PPG Banter
Sarevok Romance
Solaufein
Tortured Souls
Turnabout
Unfinished Business
Valen
Xan

3. Which NPCs are you talking about?

Any NPC which receives a portrait in that mod. That includes "unimportant" NPCs like secondary characters whom will never have the chance to join the player's party. In other words, any portrait graphic that comes shipping with a mod, not just joinable NPCs.

4. Which filenames do you need exactly?

All of them. If there is a large (210x330), medium (110x170) and small (38x60) portrait, I need the filenames of all three, even for the same portrait.

5. What do you mean by default install directory?

I need to know where the default portraits unpack in the install directory. Most of them go into the override folder, a few of them go into the portrait folders, some may be hiding god knows where inside of the mod folder. I'd appreciate path files to the portraits for each of these mods.

6. Any deadlines?

Not really, but before the end of the year (2011) would be appreciated.

7. What game and what mod is this for?

Baldur's Gate SoA and ToB. The mods are listed above.

8. Anything else you'd like to mention?

Any help is really appreciated. I made portraits for mods I don't personally play so it would make packing them smoother if I knew paths and filenames. Also, if anyone knows how to replace the default portraits for Bodhi and Irenicus in the vanilla game, that would also be very helpful!

Edited by Enkida, 11 December 2011 - 10:39 AM.

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

Just look at the mod installer (.tp2 files) with a text editor. They should all tell you where they COPY their portraits.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:50 AM

Thanks! Most of the image files have been properly identified now, but we are still having trouble placing three of them from the mod list above. If anyone knows what the last two images, tenft1s.bmp and tenft2s.bmp come from, that would be very helpful. But please ignore the first two images of the blonde guy and the green woman, those are identified already. :)

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Enkida, 10 December 2011 - 11:02 AM.

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:44 PM

If anyone knows what the last two images, tenft1s.bmp and tenft2s.bmp come from, that would be very helpful.

They're from Getting Rid of Anomen (GRoA) :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#5 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:40 AM

Thank you so much! :hug: And with that this thread is done. :)