Photo

It?s been five years lol

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

It?s been five years since I?ve played and posted on here so many good memories and some great guys probably all left now, OMG Chevalier still posts he was really sweet with his advice. A lot has happened in that time got over my silly my crush on horred lol, uni, work, life, million hair colour changes :P yesterday I find my cigarette burnt BG2 case OMG did I really smoke that much yuck. I try it on W7 the scratched TOB CD pauses for a while, then starts again I got so excited, :)))

Okay I have lots of questions for you guys pleaaaaaase help.
I want a BP/NEJ/TS install.
Which version of BP is better 179d or 180b?
Where do I download NEJ and TS which versions work with BP?

This is my totally random install mod list. lol

Before BP
Dark Ritual (see below)
PlanarSphereMod 26c
Tashia NPC 1.3
Rogue ReBalancing Pack 447
Chloe 1.2 although there is a newer unsupported version which is safer.

After BP
Weimer-ItemUpgrade-v32
ruad-v20

Not Sure what order
Assassinations_v8
Deeper SoA 2.2.4
Item pack v1.1
Vecna v23
Keto v3
BG2 Tweak Pack (Which components are compatible not compatible)?

One of my favourite mods was Dark ritual nom nom, but chosenofmystra no longer support the download. Booo

Does anyone know where I can get the latest version of Dark Ritual version 1.03?
I still have version 1.1 but would much rather have the newer version if its compatible

Hugs x

#2 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:11 PM

One of my favourite mods was Dark ritual nom nom, but chosenofmystra no longer support the download. Booo

Does anyone know where I can get the latest version of Dark Ritual version 1.03?
I still have version 1.1 but would much rather have the newer version if its compatible

Regarding this... a little google search and a little reading brought this to light

From the FAQ for Vampire Tales

This mod is a merger of my Miriam NPC and Dark Ritual mods. I was going to do this a long time ago but I didn't. This mod has a vampire character, Miriam, who will join your party. She's bored, really. Plus this mod has the options and content of the former Dark Ritual mod.

My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altheri...s.com/index.htm

#3 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

Regarding this... a little google search and a little reading brought this to light

From the FAQ for Vampire Tales

This mod is a merger of my Miriam NPC and Dark Ritual mods. I was going to do this a long time ago but I didn't. This mod has a vampire character, Miriam, who will join your party. She's bored, really. Plus this mod has the options and content of the former Dark Ritual mod.

DR and a joinable female vampire big hugs xx

#4 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:55 PM

It?s been five years since I?ve played and posted on here so many good memories and some great guys probably all left now, OMG Chevalier still posts he was really sweet with his advice. A lot has happened in that time got over my silly my crush on horred lol, uni, work, life, million hair colour changes :P yesterday I find my cigarette burnt BG2 case OMG did I really smoke that much yuck. I try it on W7 the scratched TOB CD pauses for a while, then starts again I got so excited, :)))

Okay I have lots of questions for you guys pleaaaaaase help.

This is my totally random install mod list. lol

Before BP
Dark Ritual (see below)
PlanarSphereMod 26c
Tashia NPC 1.3
Rogue ReBalancing Pack 447
Chloe 1.2 although there is a newer unsupported version which is safer.

After BP
Weimer-ItemUpgrade-v32
ruad-v20

Not Sure what order
Assassinations_v8
Deeper SoA 2.2.4
Item pack v1.1
Vecna v23
Keto v3
BG2 Tweak Pack (Which components are compatible not compatible)?

Hugs x

Aww, and you never told me. I recall you being a real cutie too, even in technicolor (never knew which hair color was the real one lol). Shame, I also recall you living on the far side of the Atlantic. (That's a long drive for a date.) :(

I haven't worked on BP or any of my other modding projects in a while, but I still peek in the forums when I can. Been working day & night away at my new job. I managed to successfully transform my 'obsessive hobby' into 'illustrious career'. :) I now work for Alan Miranda over at Ossian Studios, as both a line producer and asst. lead of level design. (For those around here not familiar, he was a producer on Throne of Bhaal and a couple of the NWN expansions before starting his own studio). We're hammering away at The Shadow Sun, our RPG for the iOS devices (link to site in my sig). It might shock those familiar with BP and my other work, that I haven't written a single script at Ossian. I'm helping make the areas look pretty instead. I spend most of my time in art editors these days, and in Unity 3D. I can't say much more than that of course (yet), but I've really poured my heart and soul into the areas you'll adventure through, quite proud of my work, and I hope you all enjoy them as much as I did helping create them.

(There you have it, my first public announcement of this. Told you I'd fill you guys in first, when I could. ;) )

Glad you found the files you needed. I'd recommend for a smoother install, you check out the Big World Project. They took my old hammer & tong install madness and automated it. It also has links for all the mods, and downloads and installs them for you. These days it even lets you choose which components. Nice stuff! ;)

Happy to hear all is going well! Keep in touch!

#5 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

Aww, and you never told me. I recall you being a real cutie too, even in technicolor (never knew which hair color was the real one lol). Shame, I also recall you living on the far side of the Atlantic. (That's a long drive for a date.) :(

I haven't worked on BP or any of my other modding projects in a while, but I still peek in the forums when I can. Been working day & night away at my new job. I managed to successfully transform my 'obsessive hobby' into 'illustrious career'. :) I now work for Alan Miranda over at Ossian Studios, as both a line producer and asst. lead of level design. (For those around here not familiar, he was a producer on Throne of Bhaal and a couple of the NWN expansions before starting his own studio). We're hammering away at The Shadow Sun, our RPG for the iOS devices (link to site in my sig). It might shock those familiar with BP and my other work, that I haven't written a single script at Ossian. I'm helping make the areas look pretty instead. I spend most of my time in art editors these days, and in Unity 3D. I can't say much more than that of course (yet), but I've really poured my heart and soul into the areas you'll adventure through, quite proud of my work, and I hope you all enjoy them as much as I did helping create them.

(There you have it, my first public announcement of this. Told you I'd fill you guys in first, when I could. ;) )

Glad you found the files you needed. I'd recommend for a smoother install, you check out the Big World Project. They took my old hammer & tong install madness and automated it. It also has links for all the mods, and downloads and installs them for you. These days it even lets you choose which components. Nice stuff! ;)

Happy to hear all is going well! Keep in touch!

Hahaha not so cute anymore the glasses have gone and so has the youth lol
???? I’ve always been in the UK but not here looking for a date haha
Glad to hear you’re still busy what happened to seanus he was lovely and helpful when my game ended up on my desktop. :)
I’ll check out the Big World Project and install over the weekend and no doubt end up crying into my keyboard when it goes wrong lol.
Can someone post a link to an installation guide save me some time?
I’ve forgotten my hair colour as well lol currently its pink.lol
Hugs xxx

#6 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

[quote name='wellunhappy' date='01 December 2011 - 04:29 PM' timestamp='1322785790' post='528320']
[quote]

[/quote]

Sorry had a blonde moment found the pdf easy.lol

#7 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:27 PM

[quote name='wellunhappy' date='01 December 2011 - 05:24 PM' timestamp='1322789089' post='528325']
[quote name='wellunhappy' date='01 December 2011 - 04:29 PM' timestamp='1322785790' post='528320']
[quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

289 pages!!!! [sobs into coffee]

#8 Reverendratbastard

Reverendratbastard
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:40 PM

I?ll check out the Big World Project and install over the weekend and no doubt end up crying into my keyboard when it goes wrong lol.

welcome back (not that you and i have had any interaction previous to this afaik)...
i've only recently done a slight amount of research into this myself (and am playing a fairly over-stuffed easytutu install in the meantime), so have a vague sense of what might help, but since you likely know your way around here better than i know mine, hopefully it'll at least give you a better chance of finding better answers asap ;)

this of course is the [not-so-]common sense megamod primer (if you're feeling particularly rusty): http://www.shsforums...n-installation/
jarno has expanded on that concept and been quite thorough, where the english is intact ;) - http://www.shsforums...46 - step 3 on down, with numerous links to assist (though i haven't checked most of them).
this appears to be the most consistently-attended-to BWP mod link list at present: http://kerzenburg.ba....eu/bwpmods.php
(assuming that your biggest issue is outdated links (if not mods made obsolete/dangerous by recent fixpacks & such), it appears that some time last year [when gog.com touched off a wave of revival/intro madness] was perhaps the best time to attempt this...)
this claims to be step-by-step installation instructions, but i haven't had much luck finding a confirming thread that is as current as its latest version (and thus haven't bothered to use it yet)... http://www.shsforums...ds&showfile=534
this was updated less than a day ago, yet proclaims that it is terribly outdated (then recommends the kerzenburg site, above), which i assume refers more to mod availability than the program itself: http://www.shsforums...ds&showfile=963
...and pretty much everyone else here knows more about this than i do. best of luck! :blink:
FAVORITE BUMPERSTICKER:

~ god was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and i had to eat him ~

#9 Reverendratbastard

Reverendratbastard
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

[quote name='wellunhappy']
[/quote]

289 pages!!!! [sobs into coffee]
[/quote]

yeah, that's the first thing i found after going here: http://www.reddit.co...ldurs_gate_and/

and hopefully what i just posted isn't a waste of your time...

ugh, i forgot about this - at the very least it gives a better idea of who is staying interested and making their own attempts to work out such problems: http://www.shsforums...gamod-post-bws/

Edited by Reverendratbastard, 01 December 2011 - 06:50 PM.

FAVORITE BUMPERSTICKER:

#10 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:52 PM

...and pretty much everyone else here knows more about this than i do. best of luck! :blink:

No you already know more than me and that is likely to remain unchanged. I fear BGT is as far into 'megamod' as I dare go. EasyTutu is more my speed when it comes to BG in BG2 engine

My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altheri...s.com/index.htm

#11 Reverendratbastard

Reverendratbastard
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:06 PM

No you already know more than me and that is likely to remain unchanged. I fear BGT is as far into 'megamod' as I dare go. EasyTutu is more my speed when it comes to BG in BG2 engine

fair enough! i just prefer to assume that, as a non-modder [still] and very irregular mod-consumer, i'm not catching up with the regulars (whatever that means...) any time soon :) and so far i'm with you on the tutu angle.

Edited by Reverendratbastard, 01 December 2011 - 07:07 PM.

FAVORITE BUMPERSTICKER:

#12 Reverendratbastard

Reverendratbastard
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

this claims to be step-by-step installation instructions, but i haven't had much luck finding a confirming thread that is as current as its latest version (and thus haven't bothered to use it yet)... http://www.shsforums...ds&showfile=534

apologies to L.W., this slipped by me earlier today: http://www.shsforums..._0
FAVORITE BUMPERSTICKER:

#13 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

some great guys probably all left now

Apparently not, we've stil got Chev and horred. :)

OMG Chevalier still posts he was really sweet with his advice.

Aye, he still pops in, hopefully he's not gone for good.

A lot has happened in that time got over my silly my crush on horred lol

Aw, that is so sweet. Never heard of modder/moddee hookup, maybe there is a first? :huh:

uni, work, life

All illusions. Only modding remains once such mists depart.

I try it on W7

W7 sux. Still.

Eh, hard to say. There is theoretically a v181 that some of us have been chipping away at, but for now, the latest available release is best.

Shame, I also recall you living on the far side of the Atlantic. (That's a long drive for a date.) :(

Heh, depends on how well you swim or can flap your wings really :D.

I managed to successfully transform my 'obsessive hobby' into 'illustrious career'.

That is kickass. Let me know if they're hiring :whistling:.

Hahaha not so cute anymore the glasses have gone and so has the youth

Youth = overrated, glasses = underrated.

what happened to seanus

Been gone forever :(.

I?ll check out the Big World Project and install over the weekend and no doubt end up crying into my keyboard when it goes wrong lol. Can someone post a link to an installation guide save me some time?

It actually has a very easy autoinstaller, don't know the link offhand but sure someone will post it. Hopefully it's still as easy as I recall. Takes a while of course, but those Germans are efficient, I'll say that much for them :Bow:.

I?ve forgotten my hair colour as well lol currently its pink.

Holy moly... Imoen?

[Hmm, suppose I should post what I've done on this mod in the workroom... maybe Turambar, Chev, horred the demigod might be able to release it... uni has been beating me severely though. :o]

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#14 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:59 AM

this was updated less than a day ago, yet proclaims that it is terribly outdated (then recommends the kerzenburg site, above), which i assume refers more to mod availability than the program itself: http://www.shsforums...ds&showfile=963

It was updated yesterday probably just to put up that warning :lol: The file hasn't changed since whenever and it's installing stuff based on the BWPv9.10 (thats nine point ten btw :P) The current BWP is v10.3... so umm, much more outdated than mod availability :D

Anyway, whether you use the BWP or not, its Linkliste is a work of art :P

:) :huh: :( :D :whistling: :( :Bow: :o

Wow! A Miloch post with 8 smileys! :woot:

Edited by Lollorian, 02 December 2011 - 02:01 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#15 Reverendratbastard

Reverendratbastard
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:52 AM

uni, work, life

All illusions. Only modding remains once such mists depart.
Youth = overrated, glasses = underrated.

hear, hear!
FAVORITE BUMPERSTICKER:

#16 Reverendratbastard

Reverendratbastard
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:59 AM

The current BWP is v10.3... so umm, much more outdated than mod availability :D

maybe you didn't notice my self-correction a few posts later...

Anyway, whether you use the BWP or not, its Linkliste

oh, the one your quote of me refers to from earlier in my post? :P

is a work of art :P

yes, yes it is.

Edited by Reverendratbastard, 02 December 2011 - 05:04 AM.

FAVORITE BUMPERSTICKER:

#17 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

Reading this and i can't help to admit that i'm still alive too 8)

I always planned to start a whole new game. But, as usual, i didn't find the time.
God, until this day i didn't even manage to finish Dragon Age........

Like you all know the BG saga is one of the best (if not THE) pc games ever designed.
But the ultimate difference is the unbelievable modding community. Your loyalty and devotion is outstanding guys (and girls!).

Question of the week (as i got a brand new and state-of-the-art gaming rig): what about w7? Is it possible to create a new mega mod install in combination
with w7?

I hope it is......

Edited by Rubberduck, 30 December 2011 - 02:42 PM.

#18 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:33 PM

You mean Windows 7, and th answer is of course, you just need to know the quarks of the OS... that also plague the SP3 updated XP, and Vista. So as long as you don't install to the Program Files sub-folders, you'll be fine.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#19 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

Aw, that is so sweet. Never heard of modder/moddee hookup, maybe there is a first?

Sorry to get off-topic, but there's actually been quite a few over the years! A couple are still together, even.

#20 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:51 PM

Question of the week (as i got a brand new and state-of-the-art gaming rig): what about w7? Is it possible to create a new mega mod install in combination
with w7?

I hope it is......

Sure. But you have to jump through some hoops in order to get it to work. Which means never, ever install it in Program Files or its x86 version. Moreover, it is recommended to disable User Account Control at least for the duration of the installation. Allegedly you can get by with proper settings of admin rights, or executing some files as admin instead of disabling UAC.

Jarno detailed it a lot more thoroughly. Ignore 3. for now, as it's outdated. There is a "new BWS" in the works, but it's still a ways off from completion.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board