How to install BWP for newbies (and up)

big world project guide manual installation noob newb

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#81 ShadowTek

ShadowTek
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

I´ve installed the BWP and wanted to start a new game, the only thing happens is this message:

ToBEx Console

ToBEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender Build 0.21.11.6 (Wed 18 jan 03:34:13)

Then nothing else. How do I start a new game or do I have to change some settings or anything first?

/Z

Again, answered your other post and responded to your PM.
---------------------------------------------------------------
My Guides:
1. How to install BWP for newbies My Guide for Spellhold on installing the BWP Mega-mod.
2. How to Install Infinity Animations for newbies My step by step guide to installing this must have mod.

Main Stuff for BWP:
1. FAQ for the Megamods The Main Megamod FAQ
2. BiG World Project The Mega Mod Installer
3. BWP Mod List The most up to date Mod list for BWP installs

Cool Stuff:
1. Baldur's Gate Trilogy - This mod alows you to play BGI in the BG ToB engine
2. Throne of Bhaal Extender This mod adds new functions to BGT games
3. All Infinity Animations Mods This mod adds new animations to the game.
4. Widescreen Mod This mod allows you to play BGT in widescreen mod
5. Generalized Biffing This mod will speed up your game allot

#82 ShadowTek

ShadowTek
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:59 PM

[...]
If you see things I posted that could be explained better then I did, or find a personal opinion I posted that I missed, or have any suggestions on making this guide more streamlined and to the point, please let me know.. Also note that I plan to add "Tactical" mods to the guide eventually as so far, other then making a tactical install.. Im not so sure that a "T" mod is actually somthing a newbie cant also include, as the tactical install Ive made seems to be fine (with no personal edits) post your opinion on this..

NOTES FOR THE FUTURE: Now, though at the moment expert mods can never be included in this guide, eventually a addon sections can be added, for example, if/when I add a tactical install section, it will be a "Addon" but the addon will not be for newbies.. (It will say for persons wishing to make a Tactical install, see section xx) it will be for intermediate installers. Im getting really familiar with a "Tactical" install.. Ive been doing my homework :)
[...]

My point of view : As I have told you (well, I guess it was you), Tactics and/or Expert change only minor point in your guide...
The "only" problems are those :
  • if you install Tactics mod you WILL have some difficult battles (especially if you have installed all tactics mods),
  • if you install Expert mod you WILL encounter problems during the game (some of them require IE knowledge to fix them). And THIS is a big problem for most of us.
But these points has nothing to do with a guide explaining with simple steps how to install a BWP megamod. All steps are quite the same.

True but I plan to go far more into detail.. just updated my tactical and expert sections, have a look to see where I plan to go with this.. I dont want any issues to be present after any type of install, granted, they will happen, but Im gonna try and reduce them as much as possible..

For Expert install, to start I will add the info found in the BiG World v10.3.1 english.pdf for the individual expert mods (of course all credit will be given), and add the specific info for each mod in the spoiler tags... as we find mandatory edits they will be added..

Edited by ShadowTek, 17 January 2012 - 10:22 PM.

My Guides:
1. How to install BWP for newbies My Guide for Spellhold on installing the BWP Mega-mod.
2. How to Install Infinity Animations for newbies My step by step guide to installing this must have mod.

Main Stuff for BWP:

Cool Stuff:

#83 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:48 AM

Doesn't this guide seem like it's missing something? Please update this thread to the latest version before the forum screwup.

Edited by William Imm, 22 January 2012 - 08:49 AM.

At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#84 Kesohnler

Kesohnler
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

Hi,

somehow I am unable to view the link which you list all the mods with recommendations on what to download and what not to, it says:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /bwpmods.php on this server.

Is it possible to pm me the list or post it here in the thread directly without the use of a link? Thanks.

#85 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

somehow I am unable to view the link which you list all the mods with recommendations on what to download and what not to, it says:

I assume that you mean the link in ShadowTek's profile and/or in this How to?

I just tested it with another browser, which didn't have any cookie(s) of kerzenburg.eu and I had no problems accessing it.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#86 -Fâel-

-Fâel-

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

I tried to install all the "S" or "R" mods with using your manual, but it keeps failuring all the time. Giving me "not installed due to errors" failures, for example at tyrisflare, Varshoon, and several further Mods, saying mostly I wouldn't have installed Throne of Bhaal or The Baldur's Gate Trilogy... even though I did it exactly like you've explained it in the first post of this topic.

Could you help me out? What did I do wrong? :(

#87 -Fâel-

-Fâel-

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

Just finished the installation, when I now try to start the game via the Throne of Bhaal-shortcut I'm getting this error: http://img687.images...7/8/errorxc.jpg

#88 Kesohnler

Kesohnler
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

I assume that you mean the link in ShadowTek's profile and/or in this How to?

I just tested it with another browser, which didn't have any cookie(s) of kerzenburg.eu and I had no problems accessing it.

10th

Yes, both ShadowTek's BWP Mod list and the one from this thread. I tried browsers like IE, Firefox and Opera and even clearing my cookies but still cannot, the same error msg comes out. Is it possible for you to copy the list onto word or notepad and email me please? My email is jaycekesohnlerlim@gmail.com

#89 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

Good work there ShadowTek. Here's some stuff I'd change or just clarify :

- Intro : BWS was actually part of the BWP, just an automated tool to download/extract mods, move some files, and eventually create a custom big world install.bat according to the mods/components you picked.
BGTutu/easytutu (don't know the difference, never used them) are just total conversions of your BG2 game into BG1.

- Prepare : 40Gb is a bit much lol. I got 1 "medium" BWP install + unmodded game + archived backup + folder full of mods and it all takes a bit more than 20Gb after using cleanup tool.

- Install : Always do full install.
For XP users (up to SP2 I think) you may install in default directory without problem.
If your BG1 version is "The original saga" (3 CDs), you don't need to patch or use the missing files mod. No clue about the GOG games.
You don't need to backup BG1 folder. Saves some space ;)
BG1 missing files need to be extracted to BG1 override folder of course.
You can extract .exe mods (like the bg2fixpack example) directly to your bg2 folder, the setup-modname.exe that's launched automatically at the end of most .exe packages won't install anything without user input. It will just automatically update all weidu copies inside that folder but you can close it at any time.
Some people say your directory has to be named "BGII - SoA"... mines are called whatever I feel like installing "BGT Mini" "BWP everything" so I don't know where that comes from.

Things I'd add :
If a mod has been updated recently, say BGT like right now, preferably choose the version that is documented in the .pdf BWP bible. Check for Leonardo Watson ninja updating stuff in the download section for latest updates/compatibility fixes. :lol:

You might wanna change the direct link to BG1 english missing files in step 5b.

And that's about it, great initiative, was much needed.
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#90 Kesohnler

Kesohnler
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

Question: When I use the BWP, after confirming the mods, it goes to the Trimpack cmd and there is another cmd screen that opens up and is empty, while the Trimpack cmd says "processing fixes for Big World Fixpack". Am I suppose to just wait and leave the 2 cmd screens on? (including the empty one)

#91 Kesohnler

Kesohnler
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:44 AM

Hi, I got my above solved. But I still really need help with the mod list, no matter what I do I just cannot access the kerzenburg.eu site. It may be because of region issue I don't know. If anybody can be so kind as to email me - jaycekesohnlerlim@gmail.com - the exact mod list (not any link to that site please) it will be greatly appreciated. As I have already tried using this method to install using BWP but have encountered several bugs and it is really frustrating and without any idea whether the mods I downloaded are compatible, I really cannot follow through this newbie guide. Sorry for any inconvenience or annoyance caused.

Edited by Kesohnler, 27 January 2012 - 09:45 AM.

#92 mr fantastic

mr fantastic
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

Hi, I got my above solved. But I still really need help with the mod list, no matter what I do I just cannot access the kerzenburg.eu site. It may be because of region issue I don't know. If anybody can be so kind as to email me - jaycekesohnlerlim@gmail.com - the exact mod list (not any link to that site please) it will be greatly appreciated. As I have already tried using this method to install using BWP but have encountered several bugs and it is really frustrating and without any idea whether the mods I downloaded are compatible, I really cannot follow through this newbie guide. Sorry for any inconvenience or annoyance caused.

The list and massive manual are in BWP 10.3 pdf, which is part of BWP. Read it, choose it and download it http://kerzenburg.ba....eu/bwpmods.php

Edited by mr fantastic, 27 January 2012 - 11:28 AM.

I wanted infravison like the elves...But 'tis more than just taking their eyes

-Xzar

#93 ShadowTek

ShadowTek
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:18 PM

Yikes this place has changed! Sorry for my absence, the place I live was doing some renovations and I lost internet for about a month..

@
Beleg33

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look to make those modifications.

@

William Imm

I'm a bit behind what happened, what changes do I need to make?
My Guides:

Main Stuff for BWP:

Cool Stuff:

#94 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

William Imm

Well, main thing that dissapered is my GOG subguide. An earlier post by me should have it - just point to my BiG Installer instead of attaching the outdated fix. You also wanted to expand this guide for tactical mods, right?
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#95 ShadowTek

ShadowTek
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

William Imm

Well, main thing that dissapered is my GOG subguide. An earlier post by me should have it - just point to my BiG Installer instead of attaching the outdated fix. You also wanted to expand this guide for tactical mods, right?

Hi William Imm :)

Yes both Tactical and Expert.

What happened to your sub-guide in my guide? Did site crash? Is it me or is this new site really slow? (scrolling wise)
I guess if a crash was the case, I'll have to go through and see what updates I had made and re-add them to the guide.

BTW OT
Glad to see you resurrecting the sub-class mod!! I cant wait to see it!!

EDIT: I see that was the case, my second and third posts reverted back to what they were a while back and the direct links I had changed reverted back.. as well as a few other changes I made.. bummer.. I'll have to go through guide again and figure out what the changes I made were that got erased.... allot has reverted back :(

BTW Check your PM's

PS.. No offence but I liked old site better.. this one is too slow..

Edited by ShadowTek, 27 January 2012 - 06:53 PM.

My Guides:

Main Stuff for BWP:

Cool Stuff:

#96 Kesohnler

Kesohnler
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:58 PM

The list and massive manual are in BWP 10.3 pdf, which is part of BWP. Read it, choose it and download it http://kerzenburg.ba....eu/bwpmods.php

*SIGHS*

I don't know why nobody seems to understand my problem...

I simply cannot access that kerzenburg link at all no matter which browser I use. (IE, Mozilla, Opera and even Safari) It keeps showing this error link:

Forbidden

So it is not I am not following your instruction/advice, but I simply cannot access that link that you all give me! Please understand and help if possible, thanks!

#97 ShadowTek

ShadowTek
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:57 PM

*SIGHS*

I simply cannot access that kerzenburg link at all no matter which browser I use. (IE, Mozilla, Opera and even Safari) It keeps showing this error link:

Forbidden

So it is not I am not following your instruction/advice, but I simply cannot access that link that you all give me! Please understand and help if possible, thanks!

Sorry friend, Ive been offline for awhile.. no internet :(

Not sure why, thats not a normal issue, have you tried clicking:
http://kerzenburg.ba....eu/bwpmods.php

It never fails for me.. but we can try something extreem..

Download the attached file.. extract to your desktop.. open the BWP folder and double click the BWP-Links.htm file.. use that and the links for download should work.. Thats the image of the disk to download.

Let me know..

Attached Files

• Attached File  BWP.rar   174.17K   233 downloads

Edited by ShadowTek, 27 January 2012 - 11:06 PM.

My Guides:

Main Stuff for BWP:

Cool Stuff:

#98 sweetja713

sweetja713
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:26 AM

Ok so after downloading another version from a different thread because the latest version doesn't work for me, I just get a huge amount of errors where it doesn't think I have throne of baal or won't install for other reasons. I have the master anthology disc collection that has all the infinity engine games on it. On a side note do I need to extra the bg 1 mods like dsotsc into the bg1 directory because it didn't notice I had any of those any all very fully extracted to the bg ii directory.

#99 Kesohnler

Kesohnler
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:56 AM

*SIGHS* I don't know why nobody seems to understand my problem... I simply cannot access that kerzenburg link at all no matter which browser I use. (IE, Mozilla, Opera and even Safari) It keeps showing this error link: Forbidden You don't have permission to access /bwpmods.php on this server. So it is not I am not following your instruction/advice, but I simply cannot access that link that you all give me! Please understand and help if possible, thanks!

Sorry friend, Ive been offline for awhile.. no internet :( Not sure why, thats not a normal issue, have you tried clicking: http://kerzenburg.ba....eu/bwpmods.php It never fails for me.. but we can try something extreem.. Download the attached file.. extract to your desktop.. open the BWP folder and double click the BWP-Links.htm file.. use that and the links for download should work.. Thats the image of the disk to download. Let me know..

1. Same error message from that link you just gave. I simply cannot access any part of the kerzenburg.eu site.

2. The BWP.rar has nothing inside?

#100 mr fantastic

mr fantastic
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:47 AM

*SIGHS*

Forbidden

*SIGHS*
Well than you will have to access the site from a different operator won't you?? Or trying masking your IP and using TOR. Sorry mate but it seems you're not putting enough effort and expect magic solution. You have PDF guide witl all mode names and and version numbers. You have google right? Kerzenburg is not hosting any files only provides list. Modders use few sites to host and maintain their mods, that is shs, pocketplane, gibberlings3, blackwyrm, sorcerers, almost all mods are up there-hosted.

Good luck ;)
I wanted infravison like the elves...But 'tis more than just taking their eyes

-Xzar

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: big world project, guide, manual installation, noob, newb