Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

Under [Alias], you have lines that start with :
HD0:=
CD1:=
CD2:=
CD3:=
CD4:=
CD5:=

Check that these lines are well suited with where you install the game.
in particular, check that the line beginning with CD5:= is the path where 25movies.bif is (under Movies directory).

#122 mr fantastic

mr fantastic
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

To make it easier check Jarno's FAQ :)
http://www.shsforums...post__p__504045
I wanted infravison like the elves...But 'tis more than just taking their eyes

-Xzar

#123 -DesolateWaste-

-DesolateWaste-

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

Well Ive changed the baldur.ini file, and made sure the file was in the correct place, and its still saying its not there...

#124 mr fantastic

mr fantastic
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

Make sure Baldur.ini looks like that
[Alias]
HD0:=C:\BWS\BGII - SoA\
CD1:=C:\BWS\BGII - SoA\
CD2:=C:\BWS\BGII - SoA\
CD3:=C:\BWS\BGII - SoA\
CD4:=C:\BWS\BGII - SoA\
CD5:=C:\BWS\BGII - SoA\;C:\BWS\BGII - SoA\CD5\

And copy CD5/Movies from BG1 to movies ong BG2

-Xzar

#125 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

[Alias]

Are you sure of your example? shouldn't it be CD1:=C:\BWS\BGII - SoA\CD1\ and so on ?

Edited by Fouinto, 01 February 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#126 mr fantastic

mr fantastic
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

[Alias]

Are you sure of your example? shouldn't it be CD1:=C:\BWS\BGII - SoA\CD1\ and so on ?

Yeah the problem is really with CD5 no?? That's our cuplrit no?? Everything else is nicely detected. It always worked for me anyway 8)

-Xzar

#127 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:51 AM

If any of you are worried about the direction that this thread is taking, the recommended mod lists will be seperate from the noob+ guide. Just so you know, and knowing is half the battle.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#128 -DesolateWaste-

-DesolateWaste-

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

Well, all I can say is, I give up. Ive tried and tried again, and its just not working. Very disappointing.

#129 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

If any of you are worried about the direction that this thread is taking, the recommended mod lists will be seperate from the noob+ guide.

Ok, I'll admit I missed that post :D
Maybe I was blinded by stupid incoherent rage :lol: (no for the record I wasn't - twas just me being lazy again :P)

In other news, a link to William Imm's modded install.bat in the OP would be great (atleast untll the BWPInstallpack updates) :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#130 -Lechloan-

-Lechloan-

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

The link for the ToTSC-patch in the guide goes to version 5521, whereas apparently everywhere else version 5512 gets mentioned. Is this relevant?

#131 -Filip-

-Filip-

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

Hey,some files are missing and cant find a link to download it:
WeiDU(Tool) and BG Missing Files 2.Do u know where to find them?!
thanks a lot!!

#132 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

Hey,some files are missing and cant find a link to download it:
WeiDU(Tool) and BG Missing Files 2.Do u know where to find them?!
thanks a lot!!

The BiG World Installpack copies over it's up to date WeiDU - no need to download ya own version.

BG1 Mising Files, well, you'd need a difrerent download depending on your language:

English: http://www.shsforums...attach_id=15886
German: http://kerzenburg.ba...oadlatest&id=10
Spanish: http://www.shsforums...-files-spanish/

Hopefully, that should help.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#133 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

thanks a lot man!!

#134 -Filip-

-Filip-

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:17 AM

OK,so i installed BG,TotSC, BG2 and ToB and copied all files from a.) Big World Install Pack to i.) Baldur's Gate Trilogy.
What's the next step? Do i have to download mods which i want? Because the list with mods on the first page doesn't work.Can someone show me the list and where to get them? Or when I start Big World Install.bat then i choose to pick which mods i want?So my main question is: where do i get to choose and check those grey "s" and green "r" mods?Does when I start Install.bat or i need to find them manually?
Thanks a lot in advance and can't wait to play this greatest game again!

#135 -Filip-

-Filip-

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:34 AM

so,my folder is 4.1 GB,with BG,TotSC,BGII and ToB installed.And with those files from a. to i.
Now,what else do u i need to get?and where to find all mods for ultimate enjoyment of the BWP, and how to install them?

#136 -Filip-

-Filip-

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

So,where to download those standard mods?I started BigWorldInstall.bat and then i get to the point where it says that all of those 100+ mods are not found,even Big World map.Where to find them?

#137 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

like Kesohnler wrote, i also can't access that site with mod list.It's forbidden.I dunno where else to find them,download them and how to install them.Too bad i cant play this great mod because of that...

#138 mr fantastic

mr fantastic
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

like Kesohnler wrote, i also can't access that site with mod list.It's forbidden.I dunno where else to find them,download them and how to install them.Too bad i cant play this great mod because of that...

Can you give information what country you are based and what provider are you using?? Can you get on to your provider and get to the bottom of this?? It's strange cause kerzenburg only provides links to legitally hosted mods. And as where to get them, they are hosted by several sites where they are maintained, shs, pocketplane, blackwyrm, gibberlings3, sorcerers, igi, . Google your best friend. Regards

-Xzar

#139 -Filip-

-Filip-

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

Yeah,I'm from Serbia.It's strange i cant access the site,this is first time something like thiss happened to me.I really really wamma play this.

#140 Explorer

Explorer
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

Most Brazilian users also can`t access the site as they blocked all access from veloxzone... Velox is one of the biggest ISPs here covering all major states and cities. They just blocked a few million users from acessing the site if they have no idea how to use a proxy or vpn...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: big world project, guide, manual installation, noob, newb