• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:26 AM

I think this bug is an Infinity Animations bug. If already reported please ignore.

When the green Lizardman Shaman casts spells he gets larger. The animation changes to the king's animation. When he finishes casting he returns to the normal green animation.

Edited by Chevalier, 01 March 2011 - 12:34 AM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

Hmm, it seems the green lizardmen do not have casting animations, not even in the IWD games. I guess we'll have to create them, or copy them from existing sequences. (Maybe the brown lizardmen should be the shamans and the green ones the regular grunts?)

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:24 AM

I get a:
ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ChVidImage.cpp
Line: 1921

Exp: FALSE

Msg: .BAM is corrupted (GetFrame() failed)

with BPLIZSHA.CRE (LIZARDMAN_GREEN - 58640) when he is armed with HALB01.ITM (other Lizardmen armed the same no error). When I remove the weapon from him no error. This is the standard weapon with BP for a long time, so I think the newest thing is IA. I first get this in the Planar Sphere.

Chang.log:
Spoiler

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#4 -Miloch-

-Miloch-

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:57 AM

Try putting the weapon back and changing the animation to LIZARDMAN_BROWN (MLIZ 0xe500). It is probably related to what you already reported here. Having said that, the green lizardmen have halberd overlays, and I can't find any corruption in them, so it really shouldn't be a problem. Does it crash as soon as you see them, or only at a certain point (when trying to cast a spell, for example)?

#5 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:43 PM

Most likely related to the other bug, crashes too quick to see. The first thing they seem to do is start casting.

I have another problem. I get a:
ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ChDataTypes.cpp
Line: 250

Exp: err == Z_OK && nSizeNew-1 == nResSizeActual

Msg: no msg.
Run Debugger?

When Xan casts a spell now.

This only started after I started looking into the Lizardman bug. All others seem to be able to cast spells. I am most familiar with NI. I see Xan uses MAGE_MALE_ELF - 25089 animation, but can't find out which bam(s) that is to try replace with an uncorrupted file. Can some kind person post which files MAGE_MALE_ELF uses or how to find to look it up?

Thanks!

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#6 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:49 PM

Can some kind person post which files MAGE_MALE_ELF uses or how to find to look it up?

See the Character table under BG2 Avatar Naming Schemes in the IESDP. I think it should be CEMW#CA.BAM where "#" corresponds to the armor level of the avatar (likely 3 for Robe).

Edit: This is for vanilla, but I don't think either 1pp or IA change the naming scheme for elves, so it should still be this...

Edited by Sam., 06 April 2011 - 08:53 PM.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#7 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:29 PM

Thanks Sam!!! It was CEMW4CA.BAM (the others worked). NI wouldn't read the file. During testing for which weapon was causing the crash I had a few crashes that caused restarts and that most likely the corruption. Replaced with another version and it works.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

Most likely related to the other bug, crashes too quick to see. The first thing they seem to do is start casting.

I'm assuming the elf stuff is unrelated to IA but the lizardman stuff is probably related so I merged this with your previous topic.

When you get a chance, can you scroll through all the mliz* and mli2* .bam files in NI as you did for the zombies here? The sequences should be something like this:

mli2##[e].bam - green lizardman
mli2A##[e].bam - axe and shield for green lm
mli2H##[e].bam - halberd and shield for green lm
mli2M##[e].bam - mace and shield for green lm

mliz##[e].bam - brown lizardman
mlizC##[e].bam - club overlay for brown lm
mlizH##[e].bam - halberd overlay for brown lm
mlizQ##[e].bam - staff-like overlay for brown lm

You can scroll through them all very quickly with the down arrow in NI view mode. Just note if you see anything in either of those sequences that shouldn't be there - there is some discussion about RoT/BP conflicts in the general comments thread but I don't know if we ever got to the bottom of it. If it all looks like it should then it could just be the original problem which is we need to create a casting sequence for the green guy (and/or swap the brown and green animations).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#9 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:57 AM

MLI2CA, MLI2CAE, MLI2SP, MLI2SPE are the only mli2 that are the kings and the rest seem to be right.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:41 AM

MLI2CA, MLI2CAE, MLI2SP, MLI2SPE are the only mli2 that are the kings and the rest seem to be right.

I see.. I think that explains it.

Try putting these files in the override (use the original animations with the original weapons) and see if that helps. I cloned the missing casting sequences from the sc and a2 sequences.
Attached File  mli2new.rar   1.28MB   397 downloads

Edit: Chev confirms these files fix the issue.

Edited by Miloch, 09 April 2011 - 11:50 PM.

#11 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:00 AM

I have a BWP 9.4 tactics install. This bug affects me? I want to know if is necessary for my 9.4 install? Anyway thanks for the fix Miloch :cheers:

#12 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:03 AM

My weidu log for BWP 9.4

Attached Files

#13 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

The fix is for anyone with the current version of Infinity Animations, since there are lizardman shamans even in the unmodded game (bazliz01 etc.).

#14 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:55 PM

The fix is for anyone with the current version of Infinity Animations, since there are lizardman shamans even in the unmodded game (bazliz01 etc.).

So, is this for everyone with IA only....or for literally everyone; the second part above about it being in the unmodded game suggests the latter. But, if it were, I suppose it would have been posted over at the fixpack forum at G3?...

Little confused here regardless.

Also, while i'm here, exactly what do I need to download to get the fiends, genies, and those sweet looking erinyes/succubus you made (don't want the NWN succubus, nor anything else)? There are like 9 files to download over at the dl manager, and there seem to be 2 with important-install-me-as-a-base sounding names, aka: IA (Infinity Animations) core mod [WeiDU beta 5] and IA Content 001: Base content. Want to get the bare minimum for the above please, as some things weigh in at a hefty 100+ MB each!

#15 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:21 PM

So, is this for everyone with IA only....or for literally everyone

It's for everyone with IA. I wouldn't expect it to do much without it (though it probably doesn't hurt anything either).

Also, while i'm here, exactly what do I need to download to get the fiends, genies, and those sweet looking erinyes/succubus you made (don't want the NWN succubus, nor anything else)?

The succubus is the NWN succubus (which Erephine ported to IA). The erinyes is a BG2 elf avatar with Erephine's wings (with a black palette I believe). Anyway, the installer will tell you if you're missing any content for each component when you try to install it. Failing that, you could also try reading the readme which lists the requirements for each component (if that's not enough incentive, it's got nude pictures :P).