Baldur's Gate Item Description Glitch from mods?

Gate item description glitch mod

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 -skelo-

-skelo-

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:42 AM

In my BG2 game the item descriptions are replaced with 'morphed: female dwarf thief avatar'. This happens to FoA+3, Mace of D+2 Skullcrusher+3. These are easy items to use as examples.

Not only that but just about every single item in the game is wrong, some of them are using speaking text in their descriptions ect. I can't mod for BG2 to save my life but is there a simple mod called BG2 Default Item Descriptions avalible? Im am definetly not the only one suffering from this and a simple mod which could be installed over and over in order to rewrite these glitched description would be ideal. Anyone have answers to my problem?

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

This is not caused by (nor solvable by) mods per se, but rather using old saves with mods added or subtracted. Starting a new game should solve the issue.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gate, item, description, glitch, mod