Photo

Time to get some projects done! Daily updates!

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#61 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

...with a romance xD

#62 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

Haha, that would be a no :D

Valerie took a bit more doing than I thought (some crossplatform issues cropped up, yay), but now I've run through all her talks and fixed any issues that cropped up along the way in TuTu--tomorrow I'll be running it through BGT quickly, and once that's done I'll be handing her over to testers.

Haer'Dalis got a new version with a bunch of bugfixes.

That's about it for today and yesterday!

#63 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

Nice work!

Hopefully I can get Banana ToB out before Christmas. I'm sure everyone would love that.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#64 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

Hopefully I can get Banana ToB out before Christmas. I'm sure everyone would love that.

That is p. much the only mod anyone should ever care about.

#65 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

That is p. much the only mod anyone should ever care about.

Can we install a "like" button on here?

Seriously, though, there are two projects I'm working on getting out before the end of the month. It will be interesting to see if I can do them and still keep my sanity.

#66 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

Seriously, though, there are two projects I'm working on getting out before the end of the month. It will be interesting to see if I can do them and still keep my sanity.

Looking forward that ToB part of certain lady. :naughty: Thanks for making it come finally true.

Nice to see that also Ninde is getting ToB part. Thanks for that K'aeloree. :D

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#67 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

I don't know if non-modders are supposed to post here, but I have to voice a concern, or rather, a question about Dace.

I LOVED Solaufein when he came out, but the only problem for me was when I realised how utterly bland it could feel because he obviously did not know whether I was a male or a female. The LT's and actions are so generic that I felt like a grey hunk of clay.

Does Dace have slight differences in speech and actions to indicate whether she is romancing a male versus a female?

Mankind will never be free until the last king is strangled to death by the entrails of the last cleric.

God may be your co-pilot, but never let him take the stick.

#68 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

Of course, everyone can post! :)

There's definitely gender-specific talks for Dace, and though some talks are somewhat gender-neutral I doubt you'll feel as though you're genderless. :) There are definite differences.

#69 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

Thanks, K'aeloree! I was a bit concerned, but just needed clarificiation. :) When ALL talks are gender neutral it gets a bit...weird.
I'm so glad to know that Dace will know I'm a woman! :D

The fact that all these romances will be out so soon is the best Xmas ever!!! Thank you to all of you.

Mankind will never be free until the last king is strangled to death by the entrails of the last cleric.

God may be your co-pilot, but never let him take the stick.

#70 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Wrote my first 73 state dialogue today

Send help

Brain overload

:ermm:

#71 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

ALRIGHT, beta version of the Neera expansion is now up: http://www.shsforums...eera-expansion/

Let me know what you think!

#72 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

Progress Report: BP is coming along nicely. I've got scripting support for TB#Tweaks style petrification (and cure) incorporated. A new subcomponent restores the TDD spells if overwritten by Spell Revisions &/or Lost Crossroads. After an intense cleanup and optimization pass, BP-Series scripts are now getting split up into lots of shorter snippets. The goal being, only install support for a mod if the mod is part of the installation. Once this is set up, I'll start adding support for the rest of the SR and LC spells. After that, maybe split a couple more components off of the main package, and w/ some testing BPv181 should luckily be ready to ship. Hopefully, all in plenty of time for the 12 Days releases.

I'm also going to pick up BG:EE in a few days, and start on converting the BP Series party AI over. The enemy AI of BP was mostly geared for BG2 anyways (w/ some overlap).

#73 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Bigger News: I have a first-draft version of the BP Series Party AI for BG:EE (non-weidu) available in the BP forums. Check it out!

#74 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Congratulations horred! That's fantastic :D I'll make sure to check it out in my next runthrough!

Didn't get a lot of progress done since Neera since, well, burnout + a wedding yesterday, and not anticipating much progress today, but the next week is hopefully looking promising for time... :D

#75 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

And a new version of the Neera Expansion, this time with a bunch of flirts for those so inclined!

http://www.shsforums...eera-expansion/

#76 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

Lovely, I'm readjusting to my 'stay up modding until 4am' schedule.

EDIT: Dammit, make that 3 projects.

Edited by theacefes, 11 December 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#77 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

My project three is due to be scrapped, I think. I love me some Eberron, but there's no denying that it's setting with a strong and distinct character that's not to everyone's taste. What would be unremarkable there is outlandish and far too special in the context of the Forgotten Realms. Even Planescape plays more readily with the Realms. While I really like the idea of using the Planar Sphere to bring an Eberron NPC to Faerun, the settings and the fundamental rules, principles, and assumptions behind Eberron and the Forgotten Realms are so wildly different that even the most innocuous Eberron NPC would be catastrophically out of place in Baldur's Gate 2. Alas, some things are not meant to be.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#78 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

Ho ho ho (and a bottle of rum). This Horred excuse for a Santa has a stocking stuffer for the gang. And it's not even still bleeding!

I bring you....a new BPSeries package not only for BGEE but now also for BG2:ToB/BGT. Details on the downloads page and in the BP forums.

Holiday Tidings to All!
--Horred the Plague

P.S: Quick hotfix v0.3025 uploaded. It seems BGEE doesn't like UTF-8 in English, only ANSI (lexor errors...sometimes...other times it works). I simply replaced sometimes-broken UTF file, w/ usually-working ANSI file, and...tada!

Edited by horred the plague, 24 December 2012 - 12:52 PM.

#79 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

sweeeeet...

I'm stuck with RL but should be getting back to business on all modding fronts within a few days. Horred, you inspired me to get refocussed. If the "old guard" can kick butt and take names, who am I to sit around and do stupid things like sleep?

( K'aeloree is a young whippersnapper who laughs at the very concept of rest. Or balance. He just leaps headlong into the caverns, calling a cheery "come on, boys, there's nothing to fear! We will sleep when we are dead! Oi, put that torch a little higher there, mate - see you at the bottom!" :D )

Edited by cmorgan, 26 December 2012 - 10:04 AM.

#80 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Progress Report: Well, Valerie BG1 *should* be done in time for 12 days, but the response to beta testing her has been tepid. I knew this would be an issue, though, due to EE and BG1 simply not being very popular.

The BG2 romance stuff has been tedious as hell, though. I do not like writing PC-NPC romances at all, but it does fit the character. On the one hand, I don't want to do a romance again after Valerie. On the other hand, ideas for romanceable NPCs keep popping up in my head. >_>

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri