Photo

Time to get some projects done! Daily updates!

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

G3 tenth anniversary release Bri, what do you think? ;)

#42 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

G3 tenth anniversary release Bri, what do you think ;)

:)

I just never envisioned how much time I would lose the last couple years due to work, etc.

Edited by Bri, 20 November 2012 - 05:14 PM.

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#43 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

I fixed a bunch of issues K'ae reported for Valerie BG1 for him to continue coding over the last few days, and unfortunately have decided to terminate Project One. Eight fully written and coded dialogues, and two altered dialogues, but I feel it doesn't work, narratively or with the character.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#44 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

Ran through Ninde TOB tonight, and she seems to be functioning properly, so she should be ready for beta testers sometime in the next day or so.

#45 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

Managed to write outlines for a few Korgan talks on the bus, but that's about all the progress for today unfortunately!

#46 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

BTW, have you found someone who could give Ninde voice? Because as far as I remember she's still silent.

#47 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

No, I haven't, and yes, she is. ;) And no, I don't mind that she's silent, because I'd rather have a silent NPC than one without a good voice!

#48 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

Lava wanted to say that he's willing to voice her.

#49 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

Ah, Almateria's usual comment. It's so good that we can always count on you!
And I know your opinion on that, K'aeloree, yet I was wondering if you have found someone.

#50 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

Aww, don't be shy!

#51 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

This is my thread, let's be nice in it. :new_bottom:

Haven't had time for progress today as I have my last exam ever tomorrow, so studying hard for that--but I did receive all of the finalised files for Project Ducky, so I'm hoping to get that finalised next week, and I'm hoping to knock out some other dialogue on my flight to Melbourne after the removalists come Monday/Tuesday to take all my things to Melbourne. Woo, interstate moves.

#52 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

The "removalists"? Yikes!! You make it sound like they're sending in Terminators :lol2:

Best of luck on the finals tho! And thanks for all the hard work in the midst of it all :cheers:

#53 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

Time for an official BP progress update:

BP has made significant progress so far. All of the code from the Crew that I could find in the workroom has been incorporated, and much more. Structurally changed enough that BWP installer can't recognize it any longer (can't even be tricked to any longer). Main component itself split further into Core and General AI/Enhancements. You'll be able to get the BP core-rule additions (which most of BP's extra components need) w/o all the extra stuff you (possibly) don't want being dumped on you (possibly the #1 complaint about BP). Several new components added, split from the General AI component--more planned. 'The Choice is Yours' being the new motto. This also makes it easier to trace and fix any bugs we encounter, and for adding/updating specific content.

Side effect is that Ascension-BP will again require the BP core (but NOT the AI/Extras). It's actually not much different than what was present in BPv180. Previously, the majority of what's now BP Core was duplicated just for Ascension's sake. Now, instead, those same core components are split off so that every component in need of them can benefit--not just BP-Ascension. Also, on the Ascension side, I split off the improvements to Sendai creatures from the BP main compnoent into a new Ascension choice.

Important areas "finally" converted to patching---no more overwrites in places like Suldanessallar and ToB pocket plane. The BP Crew had the overwiting creatures already taken care of, and most of the rest. NTM, sifting through their code is helping to bring me up to date in WeiDu script techniques.

BPv181 will be even more compatible w/ the current Detectable Spells pack (BP was never far off--v. 101 of DS, back when it was named "BP-DetectableStats", was made from inside the original non-weidu BP). We might go further with this and include the DS package itself but there's a lot of entry-overlap to account for. But as far as the Stats.IDS file itself, the compatibility "problem file", there were only 2 line changes to account for in BP--and they're now being set to the DS values.

New code just added to make diseases detectable (as STATE_DISEASED is still broken). Uses Stat #134, WEAPONPROFICIENCY20, formerly used for LEVELDRAIN. My recent testing has determined GeNie is right, and the default 200 LEVELDRAIN stat does indeed work as intended in every test I gave. My fault honestly--years ago a renowned scriptor told me that 200 was broken and I took their word at face value (i.e., w/o testing it ). To keep from tampering with mods that still have live 134 LEVELDRAIN code, I used values 2-5 only. 2 for HP-draining diseases, 3 for ability-draining, 4 for slow and other diseases (mod-added), and 5 for the special case of Mummy Rot (a la aTweaks). The latter deprives healing spells from working, so it required special treatment else a party AI script will go bonkers trying to constantly heal the victim.

The original goal was to clean up the script package and write some new AI code for the BP Series, but so far the mod itself has gotten most of my free-time attention. It was still time well-spent, because the package was sorely in need of modernization. We won't get "everything" done in time for 12 Days, but there's already substantial enough material for a new release. We'll see how much more we can get done in the month left.

#54 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Nice work horred :D

Does it count that I:
- booked and insured the move/removalists
- packed the house into boxes
- booked flight
- bought mother flowers
- sat final exam (I know I passed; I don't think I'll do much better than that though!)
- passed in final assignment

I will be so glad to be in the new house! Today is my designated day of pseudo-rest before the removalists come tomorrow, so hoping to get some significant progress done. Fingers crossed.

#55 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Is it customary to buy one's mother flowers when one moves away?
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#56 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Nahh, but she helped pack :)

Currently working on Project Ducky's interjections; with any luck I'll get it into alpha state today.

#57 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

Now done, and I'm gonna need some testers for it! Since it's now in alpha I guess I can say what it is. Does anyone remember Dace? Well, Tess and I got back in touch and decided to finish it up and release it. She's now in alpha, with voicing and music and such. SoA & ToB, friendship and romance, romanceable by any character, race and gender.

Need some testers! Give me a shout here or via PM if you're interested. :D

#58 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

So in the intervening days I have got HD Romance ToB into beta, outlined 9 talks for a friendship/expansion (with another 3 to go, then there's the adding PC responses etc). A good solid 10 hours of work, all up, I think. Phew.

Apart from that, just done moving stuff; got all of our gear this morning, started unpacking today and sorting through it. Nice to finally have everything done for once!

Tomorrow is finishing up Valerie beta and whatever else I can get done!

#59 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

Valerie beta is all ready except for some area patching which is misbehaving; going to take another crack at it tomorrow.

#60 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

Sounds like a lot of good stuff going on here! Sorry I've not been able to help (parental problems...don't want to go into it). Project Fishface wouldn't be a Sahuagin NPC, perchance? ;)